• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Tizoc

PS4GAF, get on dat Life is Strange, it's a nice 'take a break' game, I mainly spent the first 30 mins. of the game looking around the area and listening to the MC's thoughts on the objects around.

deadfolk

I think it's fun if you more of a "macro management" kind of guys than micro. You're giving general order and they are acting on their own instead of choosing specific command for them.

I'm getting it anyway.

I'm really tempted to just jump, but I think I'm going to wait for some impressions.

Tizoc

Well, Sega's Dead. So weird they announced the localization to self insert fighting climax just yesterday

They're not dead, they're downsizing SEGA USA.
Geez GAF just over-exaggerates EVERYTHING, then when a good thing happens, they flip a 180 and 'EVERYTHING IS SAVED'.

When the heck is summer I need my Yakuza 5 fix.

SerTapTap

Geez GAF just over-exaggerates EVERYTHING, then when a good thing happens, they flip a 180 and 'EVERYTHING IS SAVED'.

Definitely sounds like the primary intent is mobile and F2P. If they never released a proper paid game again that's certainly not alive to me. They're welcome to prove me wrong though.

antibolo

Banned
Fuck, one of my Vita 1000 USB cables is corroded and no longer fits correctly >_<

Those are no longer being sold, right? I assume there's 3rd party cables but can I still find an official one?

The foundation of GAF is hyperbole.

And complaining about resolutions.

Definitely sounds like the primary intent is mobile and F2P. If they never released a proper paid game again that's certainly not alive to me. They're welcome to prove me wrong though.

They'll be absolutely nuts if they didn't do more Football Manager, Total War, Warhammer RTSes and Alien Isolation 2.

Although frankly Sega really should skip to the end and fold Sega of America into Atlus US.

Fuck, one of my Vita 1000 USB cables is corroded and no longer fits correctly >_<

Those are no longer being sold, right? I assume there's 3rd party cables but can I still find an official one?

I'm not sure where you are, but amazon US still has official ones, but they are sold by a 3rd party.

SerTapTap

Although frankly Sega really should skip to the end and fold Sega of America into Atlus US.

That would be a sensible move but I'm not sure I like them operating Atlus that directly. Atlus is IMO a better localizer than Sega but I like that they were supposed to be allowed to do their own thing after the aquisition

antibolo

Banned
I'm not sure where you are, but amazon US still has official ones, but they are sold by a 3rd party.

I'm in Canada and can't find it on amazon.ca.

I can see it on amazon.com but then I have to pay at least USD 10 for shipping and then also have to deal with the shitty exchange rate so it ends up costing at least twice of what it should.

So I guess I'll have to settle with a 3rd party cable.

SerTapTap

Anyone had issues with 3rd party cables? I only have one and won't use my OG Vita too much, but I still want to be able to use it in the future

antibolo

Banned

Actually they're not just downsizing the US branch. They also mentioned refocusing the domestic market more into arcade and mobile (which is bad news for us no matter how you look at it).

Takao

Banned

Nippon Yasan has official ones in stock. Sony still sells the 3G Vita 1K in Japan so it shouldn't be impossible to find official cables for a long while yet.

Glad you posted it here. I'm interested, and this is a good price, right? Thanks.
Typically $79.99, not a bad price by any means. I am defintiely tempted to get one also, considering I still haven't sent my broke Vita in for repair.

I mean, sixty bucks for access to almost all the Vita, PSP, and PSX games on your TV, plus whatever apps are working on the device is a pretty solid deal I feel. Welcome, glad it helped someone :D

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in January 2015. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)

There's another 4-way tie...

SerTapTap

Skimmed this thread, didn't bother looking elsewhere, but here's a $59.99 Vita TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-tv-system/6731028.p?loc=0&acampID=0&ref=8575135

I said the right name.

Edit: It'd also help if I looked in the actual PS TV thread. Oh well, more sales, more Vita love.

Apparently amazon too. I recommend it as long as you know what you're getting into. Older vita support is spotty but most new games support it if at all possible. Solid experience if you've ever wanted to play your portable games on a big screen with a controller, which is why I got it

deadfolk

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in January 2015. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:

There's another 4-way tie...

Can I change my vote?

SerTapTap

Guys...is Borderlands 2 vita worth picking up? And does it comes with all the dlc?

Comes with most but not all, IIRC. Sounds like the performance is a notable drag but otherwise a decent effort. I love Borderlands 2 but I'm not sure I can recommend the Vita version especially without having played it myself (I have a voucher for it but I was supposed to sell it)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't like BL2 Vita at all and would only even suggest it if you really love BL2 and are invested in the PS3 version so much that the idea of having your character wherever you go appeals to you.

It's also the easiest version of the game released because it has fewer enemies on screen at basically all points and the slight changes they made to balance that out don't make up for it.

Guys...is Borderlands 2 vita worth picking up? And does it comes with all the dlc?

Game is playable for the most part. It's still Borderlands 2, which is an awesome game. I has 6 DLC packs, they are two characters, two upgrades/extra packs, and two campaign DLC.

Performance of the game is the bad part, is not unplayable now, but sometimes it drops to 20fps and it is noticeably. For the most part runs better.

--------------------------------------------

I've been trying to plat Velocity 2x on Vita, damn, I'm 8 perfects from it. So much trial and error.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Game is playable for the most part. It's still Borderlands 2, which is an awesome game. I has 6 DLC packs, they are two characters, two upgrades/extra packs, and two campaign DLC.

Performance of the game is the bad part, is not unplayable now, but sometimes it drops to 20fps and it is noticeably. For the most part runs better.

--------------------------------------------

I've been trying to plat Velocity 2x on Vita, damn, I'm 8 perfects from it. So much trial and error.
The absolutely awful convoluted levels with loads of switches prevented me from doing that in Velocity 2X. But I did perfect every good level in the game.

kurahador

Alright...thanks guys. Guess I'll find out myself.
I love what I've read about the cross save function and hopefully I can transfer my progress to PS4 version when it comes out.

You can find it on the B/S/T thread pretty often for $10-$20 if you'd like to find out yourself

Already paid $15 for the retail myself.

antibolo

Banned
Since facepalming at PS Blog comments is a frequent activity in this thread I thought I'd share to you this piece by Brandon Sheffield on Gamasutra talking about the indie hate he got from idiots about the recent teaser for his upcoming indie game, notably on the PS Blog but also elsewhere:

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/BrandonS...r_Trouble_Dealing_with_Pixel_Art_Backlash.php

Those morons who think that indies are somehow taking away their AAA games are really getting annoying, and stuff like this must be particularly demoralizing for those devs.

autoduelist

Still easily available, and no definite knowledge that they're actually discontinued as the Sony Store used as reference marks many things they are OOS on as Discontinued, so it's not a definitive source.

The absolutely awful convoluted levels with loads of switches prevented me from doing that in Velocity 2X. But I did perfect every good level in the game.

The 'puzzle' levels with tons of switches are by far my favorite. It's worth noting those give a huge time allowance compared to others. The speed run levels are the real difficult ones, especially towards the end.

VLiberty

Honestly, while my first reaction when I got to lvl 42 was "wtf is this and how am i supposed to even think about perfecting it", I have to say that even in those levels, the level design is top notch.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Those levels completely kill the flow. It's a game that's fun when you're constantly moving, timing your teleports, shots and bombs right. Maintaining that speed and flow. Forcing the player to constantly check the map screen and backtrack like that just completely goes against what makes the game fun.

ZeroAKA

that fat princess match 3 game has surpassed 100,000 downloads on vita
https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica/statuses/561307941400092673

it came out earlier this month

the android version is sitting between 10k and 50k installs despite being out for a lot longer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playstation.fatprincesspoc (ignore the dates, the game was updated recently)

i don't know what to say
but shamefully admit i am one of those people
It seems to be fairly popular here too, judging by the GOTM votes.

Top Bottom