• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

RK128

SAO, Durarara, Mahouka, Valkyria Chronicles, Accel World... This is like the ultimate anime fan service game (no not the kind you are thinking).

NOW, Sega, give us PSO2. Thank you :D

I agree, honestly impressed with Sega on this one :). It is really cool of them to bring over a great game from Japan to the West for Vita owners :D. Guess the combined success of the Miku games and SAO:Hallow Fragment pushed Sega to think releasing this in the West was a smart idea :).

bobohoro

I'll just troll everyone with Kirino.

I'm terrible at fighting games.

TotP: Buy and vote for Brandish as GotM!

I'd actually enjoy some training with some of you guys. FightingGamesGAF is too intimidating for me and noone around me plays any of that stuff. Maybe DBFC could kick off some fun sessions.

Shame about the PS4 though, but since nobody (except LabZero) seems to support the driver that enables PS3 sticks for it, I'd probably play my fighting games on the PS3 anyway.

RK128

PS+ February

Demnächst bei PS Plus verfügbar:
4. Februar: Apotheon (PS4)
4. Februar: Transistor (PS4)
4. Februar: Thief (PS3)
4. Februar: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
4. Februar: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
4. Februar: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

http://blog.de.playstation.com/2015...adbpr=40953865&emcid=social_20150129_39595197

What a great selection of games :D. I will just post what I posted in the PS+ Thread as a response to this.

If that post is right.....we are in for one hell of a month :D!

Rogue Legacy was a game I always wanted to try out but never got around to buying, so getting that this months is great :). Getting a Yakuza 4 and Thief (even if the latter isn't super amazing :l) for the PS3 is great and the PS4 getting two really great games (Transistor is quite the game from what I've heard about it :D) is awesome too.

I can understand Sony taking a brake from retail/'big' games for this month; they want to surprise everyone at E3 with something huge for the PS+ service, so I can see Killzone, Knack and LittleBigPlanet 3 being the free games for June or something to celebrate 1 and a half years of success with the PS4 :).

Now how about that Digimon and Phantasy Star Nova...? Or Shining Resonance?

Do you fight against Kugumiya Rie?

Not sure will buy it, but the thought of punching Kirino and Kirito does sound appealing.

Good luck fighting against Kirino, she's considered S tier. Kirito is a hassle fighting against as well because he can land 20+ hit combos by pressing simple commands.

I play Rentaro because he's the up in your face guy and is played with a very aggressive play style.

Tizoc

PS+ February

http://blog.de.playstation.com/2015...adbpr=40953865&emcid=social_20150129_39595197

Is Kick and Fennick any good? wow at Yakuza 4 tho, many bought the game early January lol.

Cool that Apotheon is a freebie,but is there any word of it being on Vita?

Thief is meh btw.

Maid

Banned
Good luck fighting against Kirino, she's considered S tier. Kirito is a hassle fighting against as well because he can land 20+ hit combos by pressing simple commands.

Tier hasn't meant much to me since forever, lol. A higher tier the characters are, the more scrubs will use them. Beside, balancing patch could still be coming.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I have an admission to make. I actually prefer the vita version od binding of isaac be a use of the slowdown when the screen gets hectic. Gives me more time to react

deadfolk

PS+ February

Whoop, whoop! Transistor + Rogue Legacy makes me very happy.

Actually playing Yakuza 4 on disc, atm. Enjoying it a lot so far. Hopefully this means enough people will enjoy it and buy 5 when it's released, so we get zero localised.

Yaari

Wow, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. Cool

Had no idea there was a fighting game with those characters. I might have to get that.
But yes, not a fan of fighting games on Vita either. Unfortunately. Will have to look into it though.

Fun roster. Wish there were more playables though.

bobohoro

Cool that Apotheon is a freebie,but is there any word of it being on Vita?

I was actually sure that it was on Vita too, but on further research it's PS4-only. Sad, because the game looks very interesting. Oh well, will be packed into my backlog together with Transistor for when I get a PS4.

Yakuza 4 on the other hand is great, always wanted to try the series, but never really found the right moment to do so. Now I have no excuse anymore.

And people should get RL, great game.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Looks like another good month for PS+. I finished The Swapper and hope to finish the Duke3D main campaign soon. Maybe I can try to finish at least one of the PS+ titles for February too!

Still hoping for Axiom Verge soon.

Tier hasn't meant much to me since forever, lol. A higher tier the characters are, the more scrubs will use them. Beside, balancing patch could still be coming.
I tried her out online a couple times, I can see why people say she's a S tier. I won 3 matches in a row with her.

I still slam Kirino players with Rentato though xD

maouvin

If I ever feel the need to play anything beyond Xrd and DoA, I'll main Selvaria.

PS+ February

This is badass. Already have the awesome stuff, but eh.
Apotheon will launch straight to PS+? Never heard of it.

deadfolk

Yakuza 4 on the other hand is great, always wanted to try the series, but never really found the right moment to do so. Now I have no excuse anymore.

Especially as 4 has the least baggage, backstory-wise. Instead of playing Kazuma Kiryu, the protagonist of the earlier games, you play as four different characters, and Kiryu-san is only one of them. It's far more stand-alone than the other three main games. Perhaps less so than Dead Souls, though!

kevin1025

Banned
Looks like another good month for PS+. I finished The Swapper and hope to finish the Duke3D main campaign soon. Maybe I can try to finish at least one of the PS+ titles for February too!

Still hoping for Axiom Verge soon.

I actually meant to ask this earlier, how is Duke Nukem 3D on Vita? Debating whether to play on Vita or PS3.

autoduelist

PS+ February

Apotheon - looks super cool. hope it plays well.

Transistor - was a contender for goty for me. Didn't win, but it was really good.

Thief - meh? On ps3 anyway.

Yakuza 4 - great get, but I no longer play my ps3 so my 'great get' ps3 backlog is ridiculous

Rogue Legacy -- awesome. didn't get this yet.

Kick and Fennick - sure, I guess. We'll know soon if it's good or not.

Translation -- what the hell? I already bought all the games I wanted because I wanted them! Why would I want games I already own? And why would I want games on ps+ I don't already own? Obviously that means I don't want them! PS+ sucks.

nampad

I guess my 10% discount code buying spree was a big mistake so far.
First the news about the bad Citizens of Earth port and now I have played Rollers of the Realm a little bit.

The idea sounded neat but the execution is lacking. The presentation is boring with quite bad voice acting and overall not charming art style. The levels are paced all over the place. Sometimes, they take 10 seconds, sometimes you have to take a while.
Also, I am feeling some levels aren't balanced well. Sometimes your balls can't bounce off any other way than into the hole, really annoying.

Can't recommend this game.

SerTapTap

Th4if is crap but otherwise that's an amazing month. Please play Transistor, was GOTY status for last year. It and Binding of Isaac were among the best things I played all year.

Apotheon sounds and looks awesome, I'll know how good it is when it comes out I guess.

Flunkie

Banned
Great PS+ month.

Hopefully SAO sales tell Sega that PS Nova would be worth it to bring over. Just something. Throw us a bone.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
PS+ February

The only game for me is Kick and Fennick that looks promising, i already have Rogue legacy, i don't play on PS3 anymore and i don't have a PS4.

Great news, i know almost no one of its characters and i don't like fighting games anymore but i was curious about it.

SerTapTap

Great news, i know almost no one of its characters and i don't like fighting games anymore but i was curious about it.

I know no one in that game except Self Insert Boy from SAO. Wonder if Sony threw some money, it seems like Yakuza was their doing. Or maybe Sega's finally found that localizing games gets money.

Tizoc

I know no one in that game except Self Insert Boy from SAO. Wonder if Sony threw some money, it seems like Yakuza was their doing. Or maybe Sega's finally found that localizing games gets money.

Yakuza series don't really sell that much outside Japan though; the average sales of each Yakuza game averages at 10-20,000 units.

PS+ February

Rogue Legacy is my favorite game on Vita. Everyone should play it.

Transistor - I need to give it another shot. Spent more time in menus configuring weapons that didn't seem to matter.

Yakuza 4 - I played the first one. It was interesting but I am not firing up my PS3 for this one.

Thief - That PS4 demo ran like crap and it was terrible to play. I am sure the PS3 version is worse. Nope.

Kick and Fennick & Apotheon - look awesome. Can't wait to play.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
But wouldn't it be localized by Aksys? I though ASW were only publishing overseas their smaller titles.
In the US, yeah. I was referring to Europe but maybe it wasn't that clear.
They have never published an ASW game over here, previously it was Zen United/pqube but they stopped for some reason and now it's NISA for the time being. Some publisher seems to have picked up Xrd, but we don't know who.
ASW published BBCP PS3 (Vita rated but never released, why bother now) and it was a total mess. Unavailable in many countries and missing DLC. I hope they let some other publisher handle BBCPE.
---
Great that Yakuza 4 is a plus game. They should've done this ages ago.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was pretty surprised when I logged onto my Vita to see Magical Beat in the store today.

ASW:

- Fantasy Hero Europe when?

- Damascus Gear west when?

:(

I'm glad i'm not the only one, honestly i would prefer that to Fantasy Hero which demo didn't impress me at all.

bobohoro

In the US, yeah. I was referring to Europe but maybe it wasn't that clear.
They have never published an ASW game over here, previously it was Zen United/pqube but they stopped for some reason and now it's NISA for the time being. Some publisher seems to have picked up Xrd, but we don't know who.
ASW published BBCP PS3 (Vita rated but never released, why bother now) and it was a total mess. Unavailable in many countries and missing DLC. I hope they let some other publisher handle BBCPE.
---
Great that Yaluza 4 is a plus game. They should've done this ages ago.

Zen and PQube...*shudders*

It's amazing how totally ass backwards some things work in Europe with regards to game publishing. And after all the stupid delays and silence we get some additional kicks with stuff like missing DLC, paying more overall and we don't even get stuff like timed free DLC (Adachi/Marie) for the most part.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately Yakuza 4 wasn't available digitally until a couple months ago, so they couldn't.
I know, it's just that Sega should've made a digital version and put it on plus a long time ago, before they declared the series done for.
Zen and PQube...*shudders*

It's amazing how totally ass backwards some things work in Europe with regards to game publishing. And after all the stupid delays and silence we get some additional kicks with stuff like missing DLC, paying more overall and we don't even get stuff like timed free DLC (Adachi/Marie) for the most part.
At least Zen/pqube are better at it than ASW, believe it or not. Let's hope NISA will continue since they are great European publishers.

Top Bottom