• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Cha

PS+ February

Demnächst bei PS Plus verfügbar:
4. Februar: Apotheon (PS4)
4. Februar: Transistor (PS4)
4. Februar: Thief (PS3)
4. Februar: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
4. Februar: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
4. Februar: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

http://blog.de.playstation.com/2015...adbpr=40953865&emcid=social_20150129_39595197

Kick and Fennick looked interesting from the trailers that were shown. Hope the game is actually fun and runs well. Look forward to trying it out :)

Edit: 50ppp people should Grim Fandango,Virtua Tennis World Tour and of course, anything that ends in "anganronpa".

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Kick and Fennick looked interesting from the trailers that were shown. Hope the game is actually fun and runs well. Look forward to trying it out :)

Edit: 50ppp people should Grim Fandango,Virtua Tennis World Tour and of course, anything that ends in "anganronpa".
What's with the love affair so many have with VT4? Is it just a case of it being a lot of people's first Virtua Tennis game because it's on Vita? Because as a long time lover of the series I wasn't impressed. I definitely prefer VT3.

Unless we hear something in the next few months I'll probably get the JP version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari. Is Nippon Yasan my best option or are there any other recommendations? I usually used Play-Asia, but they've become really expensive and got rid of free/cheap shipping.

Ugh, now I have to get plus again. I've been waiting on a great deal that either hasn't happened yet or I missed it. Something tells me it's the latter.

Shizuka

Unless we hear something in the next few months I'll probably get the JP version of Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari. Is Nippon Yasan my best option or are there any other recommendations? I usually used Play-Asia, but they've become really expensive and got rid of free/cheap shipping.

If I had to guess, Natsume will probably bring the Vita updated port to the West, although it'll most likely be DD-only again.

Well, that came out of nowhere. I am curious whether this means that Sega has warmed up to localizing more niche titles for the West (Shining Resonance, PS Nova). Don't want to get my hopes up though.

There's a world of difference between what they've localized so far and those games, though. Resonance is full of text; Nova seems lighter but it's still full of it.

Miku & Dengeki are much lighter on actual translation work, it's just the licences that would cause problems. But I'm guessing they've figured something out regarding that, hence why we're getting all the Miku these days (and now Dengeki).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've watched it, but for me, it feels like a case of "play before judge".

For games that haven't been released or had that much coverage that's generally the rule. Opinions on this one haven't really been formed yet. But still it looks like one that could be good. Never rule it out. Kinda makes it the first game I'm gonna want to try actually. It's the game with the most mystery.

Shizuka

For games that haven't been released or had that much coverage that's generally the rule. Opinions on this one haven't really been formed yet. But still it looks like one that could be good. Never rule it out. Kinda makes it the first game I'm gonna want to try actually. It's the game with the most mystery.

That reminds me, I need to try Final Horizon one of these days.

kevin1025

Banned
Perfect port. For real. Get it on vita is worth the 10 bucks.

Fired it up and played the first two levels. It really is a great, awesome port. Plus I'm loving the game, I never got to play it back in the day. It makes me wish the Doom games would get a similar release on Vita, that would be so good.

FDC1

Life is Strange is now available on the european stores (well, at least on the French one, I'm downloading it right now). One theme is offered with the game.

Last chance to buy a physical copy of The Firefly Diary (Vita) from NIS America, the standard edition is 0-5% stock left and the limited edition is sold out.

I considered placing a second order for that, but I finally got a hold of NISA on the phone today, the day before Criminal Girls was set to ship out and managed to get my new payment info associated with the open orders.

Last chance to buy a physical copy of The Firefly Diary (Vita) from NIS America, the standard edition is 0-5% stock left and the limited edition is sold out.

I've heard both good and bad things from the game. Is it that bad?

I assume the physical edition is a NISA store exclusive? Their add-to-cart button is giving me issues .-.

autoduelist

I've heard both good and bad things from the game. Is it that bad?

No, it's fine. Not great. Good/fine. It's certainly not the best tower defense game, but what it really does well is encapsulate the 'tower defense' game into a quick, almost actiony experience, perfect for a mobile device.

To put it in perspective, you can beat most missions in under 90 seconds or so. Missions aren't long and drawn out like they are in most TD games, from PJ Monsters to Defense Grid to Kingdom Rush. As such, even losing doesn't sting -- you'll never feel like you wish you could turn back time 3 rounds.

In it's place is tappity-tappity tap -- you're using that minute or two to throw down defenses and resource generators, upgrade, and fire off various 'special attacks'.

There are also some 'endless' score attack missions that are pretty damn challenging.

While it certainly isn't the best TD game I've ever played, it's really good at being a solid 'pick up and play' TD game due to mission length.

In feel, it's probably most like something like Savage Moon --- robotic bug like enemies. The game may not be something special, but I've played dozens of far worse TD games [and many better, to be fair, since I don't mind long drawn out ones].

It's also an easy platinum.

Shizuka

I considered placing a second order for that, but I finally got a hold of NISA on the phone today, the day before Criminal Girls was set to ship out and managed to get my new payment info associated with the open orders.

Glad you got it sorted out, NISA is finally taking control of the new store issues.

I assume the physical edition is a NISA store exclusive? Their add-to-cart button is giving me issues .-.

Yes, NISA Store exclusive, even though Play-Asia might get a few copies for a higher price. Try using another browser, maybe delete your cookies.

No, it's fine. Not great. Good/fine. It's certainly not the best tower defense game, but what it really does well is encapsulate the 'tower defense' game into a quick, almost actiony experience, perfect for a mobile device.

To put it in perspective, you can beat most missions in under 90 seconds or so. Missions aren't long and drawn out like they are in most TD games, from PJ Monsters to Defense Grid to Kingdom Rush. As such, even losing doesn't sting -- you'll never feel like you wish you could turn back time 3 rounds.

In it's place is tappity-tappity tap -- you're using that minute or two to throw down defenses and resource generators, upgrade, and fire off various 'special attacks'.

There are also some 'endless' score attack missions that are pretty damn challenging.

While it certainly isn't the best TD game I've ever played, it's really good at being a solid 'pick up and play' TD game due to mission length.

In feel, it's probably most like something like Savage Moon --- robotic bug like enemies. The game may not be something special, but I've played dozens of far worse TD games [and many better, to be fair, since I don't mind long drawn out ones].

It's also an easy platinum.

Gonna try it someday. If you liked it, chances are I'll like it too.

Bought Rogue Legacy last time it was on sale and only played it once, wish I waited! Great game though so I don't mind. Everything else is gravy when we are getting 2 interesting looking PS4 games :)

Just got an email from Amazon for Criminal Girls. Apparently it has release day shipping, which is surprising since it did not say that on the page. Also, for some reason I am weirdly hyped for this game.

Dugna

Not sure if this was posted or if people who care haven't got their copy but Project Diva f 2nd for both PS3 and Vita seem to be on sale for $30 each at Gamestop.

SerTapTap

Oh boy, Apotheon, if you're not interested in it you should be...

Considering getting the Game That Must Not Be Mentioned since the LE is still in stock on NISA (barely). Are the RPG elements good?

Tapejara

I wish Sony would stop giving out Square games on PS3. First Tomb Raider after the Definitive Edition comes out, and now Thief.

Rest of the PS Plus line-up is some good quality stuff. Everyone needs to play Rogue Legacy and Yakuza 4 (though I thought Y3 was better).

Ha ha ha, I've just imported that dengeki game (along with stranger of the sword city) earlier this week because I thought it was unlocalizable... So this is what Banana feels before. ;_;

SerTapTap

I wish Sony would stop giving out Square games on PS3. First Tomb Raider after the Definitive Edition comes out, and now Thief.

Rest of the PS Plus line-up is some good quality stuff. Everyone needs to play Rogue Legacy and Yakuza 4 (though I thought Y3 was better).

I find it secretly delicious that the AAA retail game is easily the worst of the lot but yeah. I think we've pretty much run out of western squeenix PS3 stuff at this point though. All the hitmans, Tombraider, Deus Ex, Thief. ...they can keep Kane and Lynch, or did we already get that

Benedict

Apparently there was a vita homebrew exploit in Patapon 2 so Sony has removed it from PSN store and the download list. Consider taking a backup to your PC if you already have it installed.

autoduelist

Apparently another release will be revealed on Sunday's The Drop.

Hell yeah! The Last Guardian stealth release!

Apparently there was a vita homebrew exploit in Patapon 2 so Sony has removed it from PSN store and the download list. Consider taking a backup to your PC if you already have it installed.

We usually (always?) get those back once the firmware exploit is patched.

Maybe we should all stop importing games
after IA/VT Colorful.

Come n, I doubt Xseed won't localized that. Miku showed that there is an audience for vocaloid overseas + it does not have tons of text to localize. The licenses might pose a problem though.

I'll stop importing if the excellent Gundam Breaker or Vs games get localized (physical or digital) leaves Japan in English. Else I'll choose chinese as my foreign language subject later.

VLiberty

I was downloading the Aeternoblade demo on 3DS but the download stopped and I didn't bother to go to the eshop again, I'll wait for this demo.

Apotheon looks really cool, crossing my fingers for a Vita release

bobawesome

So I somehow lost two hours of progress in Dragon's Crown. I was grinding on Inferno and some guy joined my game and shortly afterwards I couldn't move. I put the Vita to sleep so it would kick me from the session and I played for another hour and everything seemed fine...

I go back to town and all my progress is just...gone.

Oh well... I'm getting bored of the game anyway. Maybe this is a sign.

Considering getting the Game That Must Not Be Mentioned since the LE is still in stock on NISA (barely). Are the RPG elements good?

This post literally just reminded me that Mugen Souls Z LE is still in stock. That series had some really bad luck selling out on NISA's website.

Anyway, I'm not planning on getting the game in your post, so that's all I have to say :p

deadfolk

I was downloading the Aeternoblade demo on 3DS but the download stopped and I didn't bother to go to the eshop again, I'll wait for this demo.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. I tried the 3DS demo ages ago and hated it. Tried it again more recently for some reason (I think it was on sale) and still hated it.

And I'm usually pretty forgiving.
I enjoyed the Conception II demo.

Maid

Banned

I think it's fun if you more of a "macro management" kind of guys than micro. You're giving general order and they are acting on their own instead of choosing specific command for them.

I'm getting it anyway.

Top Bottom