• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

ZeroAKA

Well that was.. interesting. Was on the fence between this and Kiwami.
Shame, I was expecting more VN content. Still interested but, not day 1/full price.
Toukiden Kiwami looks like the way to go if you're only picking up one new Vita game this month. Or Oreshika, I guess.

Chuy

Just bought La-Mulana EX. My #150 Vita game.
God damn that's some serious dedication to the vita i could never hope to replicate.
applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

Hikami

Toukiden Kiwami looks like the way to go if you're only picking up one new Vita game this month. Or Oreshika, I guess.

Oreshika is already my Vita game for this month. :)
April doesn't really have any Vita games releasing I'm interested in though. So since Kiwami release at the end of the month, I'll probably be getting that to play during April.

autoduelist

Eeeh. Well, any hype I had left for that game has been sufficiently killed.

All the people running away because this wasn't a VN (big plus!) plus someone comparing it to frozen synapse (big plus!) got me to look at bm's vid.

And... it looks interesting. I don't see any frozen synapse stuff, though, don't know where that comparison came from (unless i skipped past it? unless they meant the turn planning stage, though i'd say that was quite a bit different from fs). i can't totally tell what's going on (couldn't watch with audio), but it looks like it's got some interesting strategy game, puzzle game and even card game mechanics. i won't be getting it day 1, and will wait to make sure it's not a VN in disguise, but... yeah, that looked like it could be really good if the mechanics are solid and the game is challenging. I like walls of stats and charts. a lot.

SerTapTap

Axiom Verge review copies are out. Will have a review as soon as embargo's up. Probably a full video review (since I already have a first look at the preview) and a shorter blurb on here for PSNGAF. Can't wait to review

This doesn't look great. Vns can totally have "too much gameplay" IMO...especially when most of it isn't great. I'm glad Dangan Ronpa is pretty easy going on the minigames.

This doesn't look great. Vns can totally have "too much gameplay" IMO...especially when most of it isn't great. I'm glad Dangan Ronpa is pretty easy going on the minigames.

Well that was.. interesting. Was on the fence between this and Kiwami.
Shame, I was expecting more VN content. Still interested but, not day 1/full price.

It is not really surprising. I think most people were expecting Twilight to be more of a VN. I know I was one of those people.

Yeah, my biggest issue is that the VN portion of the game seems to take a back seat to the minigames... And the minigames themselves don't seem that fun.

It doesn't help that this is releasing during such a busy month. If they give a steep week one discount I'll consider it, but it's much more likely that I'll just wait for a sale down the road. Unless everyone just hates the game like Parakeetman indicates.

So I installed Freedom Wars on my second memory stick, downloaded my save game, but it won't let me start the game because my save contains DLC that isn't in my install of the game. There doesn't seem to be a way for me to bypass this error from within the game. What can I do? Is there a way to download this via the PS Store? It lists hundreds of DLC content for FW.

Do you still have the game on your first memory stick with all the data from before you transferred your save? If so, sync it to PC with content manager and then sync that to your second memory card. I do it between my PSTV and Vita all the time.

Any game with DLC, it's best to sync it to PC instead of playing the "I'll just download it again" scenario, you're likely to need to add the extra content as well which can be tedious.

v1perz53

Played more of the games I got lately and I have to say I just don't get OilOil2 right now :l. I think the core gameplay looks to be quite fun and I love the games presentation.....but the controls just bother me X(. Being forced to use the Analog Stick when you have a perfectly great D-Pad is just irritating, making me mess up all my landings. But like any game, you just have to play it until it 'clicks' with you :). Glad we got this as the free PS+ game for the Vita this month :D.

Honestly, thats one of the weirdest parts of OlliOlli 2, in the first game you were able to use the analog or the D-pad, and like you said I preferred the D-pad for a lot of things because of the precision. Though certain tricks all but require an analog stick, so I guess they just got rid of D-pad support to prevent people from complaining that some tricks don't really work with it. Anyway, always weird to see an option that existed in the first game removed for the sequel.

That said, I absolutely loved OlliOlli once I played a bit and let the timings and controls "click". I also recommend for anyone to stick with one platform and not swap between Vita/PS4 if you have both, since the timing always seemed ever so slightly different, and the game is all about precision (may have just been my TV or refresh rates or something, dunno). But like anything else, if you stick with it long enough to go through an entire level with one huge combo and you beat the level's required high score by like 5x, it is a fantastic feeling.

RK128

Honestly, thats one of the weirdest parts of OlliOlli 2, in the first game you were able to use the analog or the D-pad, and like you said I preferred the D-pad for a lot of things because of the precision. Though certain tricks all but require an analog stick, so I guess they just got rid of D-pad support to prevent people from complaining that some tricks don't really work with it. Anyway, always weird to see an option that existed in the first game removed for the sequel.

That said, I absolutely loved OlliOlli once I played a bit and let the timings and controls "click". I also recommend for anyone to stick with one platform and not swap between Vita/PS4 if you have both, since the timing always seemed ever so slightly different, and the game is all about precision (may have just been my TV or refresh rates or something, dunno). But like anything else, if you stick with it long enough to go through an entire level with one huge combo and you beat the level's required high score by like 5x, it is a fantastic feeling.

That is odd they cut the D-Pad control....but if it was an attempt in making things clearer for new players (you need the analog stick for tricks), it was a solid idea then :). It is fun so far, so I'm very happy this came to PS+ this month :D.

I think we were talking about Shin Hayarigami for that other one. lol

That title got slammed on amazon by the fans of the previous releases but folks I know who picked it up said it was pretty enjoyable. Tokyo Ghost whatever had not heard anything good about it... D:

Hmm that's that creepy looking NIS game. I hope that makes it over one day, looks like something that I would enjoy.

I did not realize that Bloodborne and Toukiden Kiwami came out so close. Correct me if I am wrong, but Kiwami will be full priced right?

Tell me about it, my plate is full with Type-0 (which I probably won't play much aside for the XV demo until there're less games to be played) and Bloodborne. Axiom Verge releases on the same day as Kiwami... Then 10 days later, Xenoblade on the n3DS. Gaaah.

Axiom Verge review copies are out. Will have a review as soon as embargo's up. Probably a full video review (since I already have a first look at the preview) and a shorter blurb on here for PSNGAF. Can't wait to review

Looking forward to this, I don't hear it much around these parts, but I am absolutely stocked for Axiom. As for the whole Tokyo Ghosts debacle, yeah the gameplay looks too convoluted, I couldn't even make out what was going on. I thought it was going to be a VN with a few quirks here and there... Well, it's more money saved I guess.

JPS Kai

Tokyo Twilight review should be up sometime tonight/tomorrow. Got the true ending and saw most of the content and just like BlueMaxima showed.. That's kinda of it.

First Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters Review (via Hardcore Gamer):

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters is a functional turn based strategy game. It offers at least 15 hours of gameplay and includes a great many items and cast members to bring into battles. However, that’s really all it brings to the table. If you’re a visual novel fan looking for a story-focused game then you won’t find that here. Those who adore digging deep into strategy games may enjoy the odd challenge, or find themselves completely mortified over how much luck is involved in every fight. Gamers in general are likely to find the experience feels strangely cheap. From the weirdly modified real photo backdrops to lack of in-game explanation for many different components, it’s hard to feel this product deserves any special recognition. It’s just not particularly fun.

2/5

Based off that review, it also sounds like the PS3 version is the superior version. Yeah, I think I'm just going to give this a pass for now.

I wonder what other game could take part on your list.

I was trying to think if I had anything else, even though 3 makes for a perfect imaginary trilogy/trinity. I could probably use a Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls.
I actually don't hate that movie

I still have to acquire those Tadeo Jones Vita games from Spain at some point. Those could technically be in the Indiana Jones/Pitfall category. I don't think they can hang with the likes of those, but I still want 'em.

Sarcasm

Yeah going to uninstall ollieollie due to not having fun.

Trial and error is fine but not seeing crap that is coming is a lame tactic.

autoduelist

Any genre fans here play Nano Assault Neo-x on ps4 yet?

I had told myself I was buying it the first time it went on sale, but i made the mistake of reading some reviews and now i'm on the fence.

It looks beautiful, and i've heard good things about the developer, but now I'm worried a lot of the buzz I had initially heard was misplaced.

Final Fantasy Typ-O HD worth getting?

My impression is that it's very much a game designed for handheld play. This can manifest itself in a lot of different ways, but the bottom line is if you're looking for a sit-down-and-get-sucked-into-an-epic-adventure sort of game, this isn't it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Danganronpa 3 is in early development!
http://gematsu.com/2015/03/danganronpa-3-early-development

Good to hear they are working on it, even if it's still early.

Tokyo Xanadu screens...
Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_03-05-15_003.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_03-05-15_006.jpg

Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_03-05-15_005.jpg

...and some details
http://gematsu.com/2015/03/tokyo-xanadu-screenshots-introduce-protagonists

I don't see the problem with the game, it looks like a visual novel, dungeon rpg and Frozen Synapse mix with Japanese and supernatural flavors, all things that vitabros usually like.
Imo it's interesting, it also has a boardgame, the only real negative thing i see is that there's too much on screen(maybe it reflexes the eventual complexity of the gameplay?) the hud is too filled and messy, it could be confusing at the beginning.

Tokyo twilight seems fun I'm actually more excited to buy the game after bluemaxima's video
Yeah, i had the same feeling.

RK128

It's there in the Irish store.

Are the Tomb Raider games Vita-compatible? They would work.

Legend PSP can be bought from the Vita store while Anniversary PSP can be transferred via PS3 to Vita link. The PS1 games work fine as well (can all be bought on the Vita store).

Hope this helps :D.

SerTapTap

Wait did Class of Heros 2G ever hit PSN? I have a physical copy I'm still unsure about opening. I guess I don't really have time to immediately play it anyway.

Looking forward to this, I don't hear it much around these parts, but I am absolutely stocked for Axiom. As for the whole Tokyo Ghosts debacle, yeah the gameplay looks too convoluted, I couldn't even make out what was going on. I thought it was going to be a VN with a few quirks here and there... Well, it's more money saved I guess.
Indie games without an established names or console/publisher hype machines are often pretty understated at least until launch.
I played it for five hours straight

eFKac

Any genre fans here play Nano Assault Neo-x on ps4 yet?

I had told myself I was buying it the first time it went on sale, but i made the mistake of reading some reviews and now i'm on the fence.

It looks beautiful, and i've heard good things about the developer, but now I'm worried a lot of the buzz I had initially heard was misplaced.

I do.

It's nothing special really.
Relatively slow gameplay, not much content, decent variety but nothing to write home about either, relatively easy boss fights.
One level when the learning curve is broken, then pretty much back to normal. Looks good, because of good artstyle. I also like the idea of being like a Nano capsule and fighting bacteria and viruses lol.

I like twin stick shooters so I still enjoyed it, and would recommend it at a discount (like I got it) but you need to like the genre imo.

Overall like a 6,5-7/10 for me
overhyped by the Wii U crowd imo, maybe because of the graphics on a visually light console.

SerTapTap

Overall like a 6,5-7/10 for me
overhyped by the Wii U crowd imo, maybe because of the graphics on a visually light console.

I'll more or less second that. Good twin stick shooter, but not one I would recommend unless you have played basically every other decent twin stick and shmup on PS4. If you've played 'em all and still got an itch it's not a bad way to spend a few bucks, but if you've played them all and want a more interesting game I'd wait for Assault Android Cactus

deadfolk

Sigh.

So everyone's going to be playing MGS 5 come September, and I've only every played and finished MGS 2.

Which games do I actually HAVE to play to get up to speed?

Saphirax

Sigh.

So everyone's going to be playing MGS 5 come September, and I've only every played and finished MGS 2.

Which games do I actually HAVE to play to get up to speed?

Technically, all of then 1-4, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. There's no easy way out unfortunately. If you get the Legacy edition you could just watch the first one (you get it as both the game and a digital graphics novel).

Xanadu is looking like something that I would play... Gonna keep a close eye on it.

Indie games without an established names or console/publisher hype machines are often pretty understated at least until launch.
I played it for five hours straight

I know that you are under embargo, but I'm guessing that by what you said, this game is gonna trump over Bloodborne for me. I'm such a sucker for metroid, and nothing so far has come close to the feel behind that series. This game seems to change that.

SerTapTap

It's really screwed up and sad to me that it's cheaper to make and remove all trace of a game's existence than to leave it up. Can't really get into MMOs or F2P after my first MMO shut down (unless Neopets, who purged my account for inactivity, counts as an MMO).

Technically, all of then 1-4, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. There's no easy way out unfortunately. If you get the Legacy edition you could just watch the first one (you get it as both the game and a digital graphics novel).

Fortunately (for some anyway) it seems they're going more gameplay focused. IMO you can drop in Ground Zeros and have a hell of a time without knowing anything and I would expect MGS5 is similar, especially with this "near silent protagonist" stuff.But yeah, if you want to completely understand and appreciate it you're going to need at least the Naked Snake games (3, Peace Walker, GZ) and to fully appreciate everything you're going to need 1,2 and 4 in there too.

I've been meaning to get the legacy edition...TBH I've been naughty and only played the first couple hours each of MGS 1&2, then all of 4 (a few times now) and Ground Zeros, and I've caught up with info from friends/wiki/videos here and there. I want to say I'll get the others in (possibly minus Peace Walker, getting the true ending seems unpleasant) before Phantom Pain but...lots of games.

I know that you are under embargo, but I'm guessing that by what you said, this game is gonna trump over Bloodborne for me. I'm such a sucker for metroid, and nothing so far has come close to the feel behind that series. This game seems to change that.

The embargo feels a bit weird, since I played about 15% of the game not-under-embargo, playlist of which is here. It's of course not the final game and I'll have far more detailed impressions on march 30th but I think you can get a good initial impression from that. But of course in a Metroidvania the beginning is not necessarily the most exciting part.

Top Bottom