• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Has anyone else noticed the PS3 store crashing after just a couple minutes of use? I downloaded the latest update, and it just crashes to the XMB after a little while. I always use the PC store, but there are some things that you can only see and download from the PS3 store, such as wallpapers. I really wish they would go back to the simple tiles from a while back. :(

The PS3 store has been broken in one way or another for a long time.

JoRo

Can't you access wallpapers from the Download list?
Why not try that new javascript for PSN Downloads
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985754

Thanks for this! It's definitely a neat tool. Only thing is there are certain wallpapers/photos and videos that don't get saved to the download list so you have to find them and download them from the system. Still, this should be super useful since I have such a huge download list, so thanks again!

Let me just say, I took a few minutes to play with this, and it is absolutely amazing! It finds everything in my download history that doesn't even appear on the store! Like dlc pre-orders from years ago that have been buried under tons of other purchases and would be almost impossible to find. And since they were "pre-order exclusive dlc" bullshit, it was never on the PSN store and could never be found by doing a search. I'm so glad you showed me this.

The PS3 store has been broken in one way or another for a long time.

Yeah, I know. But if I wouldn't have asked, I wouldn't have seen that awesome script shortcut Tizoc just showed me! ;)

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
*w* Quintet will have a Limited Edition from IFI, EU dates announced (expect whatever was in the Japanese LE minus the best item, frankly).

Oddly it comes out digital almost a week later than physical in europe, not sure what happened there. Also launches a few days later than US to begin with.
Games releases on fridays unless its GTA or Call of Duty and the PS Store updates on wednesdays. These niche games rarely releases digitally on release day, it's usually on the next wednesday or in some rare cases two days earlier than the retail release. (Danganronpa 2 for example)

maouvin

What weapons are everyone using? I can't decide since I like everything so much.

Club and Rifle - rifle being the main, as fighting an enraged Snowflame with the club is a pain.
Will probably keep using the bow after importing my old data on the final version, but plan to get a new sub.

And try the special missions - you'll need to make a new character, but will be handed some mid-tier equipment, some mitamas, and all missions are agains bosses. It's good to tget a taste on how the game plays later on.

just a few days left, sooooooooo hype

Still bravely holding off until all chapters release.

What weapons are everyone using? I can't decide since I like everything so much.

I didn't want the demo to end. Demo was such a cocktease how you think you're about to fight a badass boss then nope!
I'm a sucker for the bow these days. Even in MH, I totally switched my style from close range to long range attacks. Being able to aim easily with the Vita's analog is also a god sent gift compared to the n3DS nub.

That gif is making it really hard not to go out FF type-0 and get right now for the demo despite not owning a ps4.
I should probably give up hope SE is going to release it as a stand alone demo shouldn't i?
Yeah the game oozes with style, let's not forget that these are only basic skills... I am just gonna show you guys what the summon in this game looks like, because that literally was the most hype inducing scene I have ever witnessed on my PS4, I specifically picked this video with the guy's reaction to it because this was literally what my reaction was like. It was breath taking.

Just for some context on how summons work (gameplay spoiler I guess):
You can only activate them when you are about to die. If you defeat your enemy with the summon, you don't gain EXP.

Aaaand summon spoilers obviously: https://youtu.be/MAYeEQIWSw8

bobohoro

I didn't want the demo to end. Demo was such a cocktease how you think you're about to fight a badass boss then nope! How do you get the special missions?

I'll probably remain with my sword collection, add the club for blunt damage and may have a look at the rifle. Still unsure about the Naginata, will maybe pick it up after having seen some more weapon skins.

Special missions are the second option in the main menu of the demo.

Shinriji

my first OT with baekshi's help is up!

Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Vita |OT| SHUMP #BestOnVita

do check it out :D may have a little surprise for VitaGAF later too!

MOTP - Buy Soldner X-2 Vita - you guys helped to make it happen with #SoldnerXVita

Even if you didn't liked the game, download the crossplay version of the vita if you have the PS3 version, just to show support.

But trust me, the game is really good, and the port is way better than I expected.

HGH

Banned
Sometimes I swear to god its almost like NIS is trying to sabotage itself at times...
I thought the second game was just more of the same compared to the second one. Why is it worse than the first one?
I'm late to the party but basically everyone who worked on the previous game and ZHP left the company, and I'm gonna assume that's a big part of the reason why it feels so different and budget-titley.

wilflare

Courtesy of the eastasiasoft guys
Disclaimer - I am not related to the publisher and developers. I did NOT get a free code from them (I bought my own bundle).

Game is Cross-Buy for Vita/PS3
so don't enter if you already have it on PS3

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 PSN codes. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001447.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Soldner X2 Vita (NA) -- MB-B1A0B4FD247B60FE - Taken by Barajas_201. 9 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #2 -- MB-8F8CD82DC062CFE2 - Taken by Chuy. 16 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #3 -- MB-0B544F9D0607A068 - Taken by Zippedpinhead. 6 entrants total.

Soldner X2 Vita (EU) -- MB-7744317192A40368 - Taken by Benedict. 7 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #2 -- MB-86FD5FBAEEBB3091 - Taken by Renpatsu. 7 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #3 -- MB-1D691C89FCE2C2CE - Taken by marcincz. 6 entrants total.

t1426859494z1.png

Visit us over at the OT too! - Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Vita |OT| SHMUP #BestOnVita

Native Res, 60FPS - one of the best ports on the Vita!
16Udn1Y.png

SerTapTap

Oh right I forgot to check out how good that port is. The PS3 version was pretty fun. A bit odd as a shmup, has a health bar and stuff, but quite fun, not overly difficult.

Entered for a NA code. Thanks for the chance.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I might need to be banned for a few days, so many paperworks I need to finish before the sem ends. The sem ends in two weeks.

Maid

Banned
Disclaimer - I am not related to the publisher and developers. I did NOT get a free code from them (I bought my own bundle).

Visit us over at the OT too! - Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Vita |OT| SHMUP #BestOnVita
16Udn1Y.png

Awesome, man. Also, block Flandy too, since he will claim all the prizes.

pariah164

Not one for bullet hell games, so not entering this one. That and my backlog is already terrible. Thanks for holding this giveaway, wilflare!

RK128

16Udn1Y.png

Thank you for the contest wilflare :D! Looking forward to playing this in case I win :).

autoduelist

While it does appear much more frequently, I'm not seeing the "more positive notion" part. People always talk about Musou games as "braindead action games", with the exception of Zelda, I don't know why.

The only way to have that many enemies on the screen is to make their AI braindead. So you're sweeping through hoards of enemies till you get to bosses/subbosses.

I think they're loads of fun though.

My problem with it is that I don't know if it has a filter applied or not. I don't know how to confirm it without taking it off in the first place. There isn't dead pixels, so I don't know. Weird place to be, Schrödinger's cat and all.

Also, BUY DEMON GAZE.

I still need to put a filter on after my son took off the first one. I wasted 3 just trying to get another one on... the issue with owning cats. Someone recommended a steamy bathroom for putting it on, but i'd already gone through all my filters.

You can only activate them when you are about to die. If you defeat your enemy with the summon, you don't gain EXP.

Wow. The trees. The trees!

bobohoro

The guys at eastasiasoft are pretty awesome and I'd really like to try Söldner someday, but I just don't have any time to squeeze it into my huge backlog and therefore will not enter the raffle. Have fun, random people that win the game!

I own wolf among us on the vita but now I'm thinking of buying the ps4 version and remote play it instead (as it doesn't have micro stuttering/load time in the action sequences?).

Have anyone tried how the game runs through remote play (as in if the timing is off)?

SerTapTap

I own wolf among us on the vita but now I'm thinking of buying the ps4 version and remote play it instead (as it doesn't have micro stuttering/load time in the action sequences?).

Have anyone tried how the game runs through remote play (as in if the timing is off)?

Timing shouldn't be a problem, at most you should get maybe 1 30FPS frame of lag and Wolf's QTEs are never that precise. I didn't remote play that game specifically but have played a few others like that. Perf still isn't perfect on PS4 but there aren't major load times in action sequences and there's not so much stutter as very specific, random animations are weird. And pausing still takes hilariously long.

Timing shouldn't be a problem, at most you should get maybe 1 30FPS frame of lag and Wolf's QTEs are never that precise. I didn't remote play that game specifically but have played a few others like that. Perf still isn't perfect on PS4 but there aren't major load times in action sequences and there's not so much stutter as very specific, random animations are weird. And pausing still takes hilariously long.

Does the ps4 version run in 30 or 60 FPS. Is there a ps4 demo on any of the telltale games. Thinking of getting the telltale collection but as I don't know how they'll run with remote play it's a lot of money to spend.

Shizuka

I know that his is silly, but how do I know for certain that my Vita-2000 has a screen filter or not without actually removing it? The borders indicate it has one, but I don't know if that's the case for the borders for all Vita-2000.

SerTapTap

Does the ps4 version run in 30 or 60 FPS. Is there a ps4 demo on any of the telltale games. Thinking of getting the telltale collection but as I don't know how they'll run with remote play it's a lot of money to spend.

I want to say 60 FPS but I can't really find anything to confirm. They're smooth enough as long as nothing's janking out--I just had a couple animations here and there weird out and certain things have awkward loading. I'm not sure how much better it is than Vita, it's playable and mostly without issue, but certainly not perfect. The jank never got in the way of playing the game except for the pause lag--I just used the PS button as it was faster. Never had a problem with the framerate itself.

I know that his is silly, but how do I know for certain that my Vita-2000 has a screen filter or not without actually removing it? The borders indicate it has one, but I don't know if that's the case for the borders for all Vita-2000.

The shitty intented screen really does look kinda like a screen protector, but unless it was amazingly, perfectly applied there should be edges that don't line up exactly with the actual screen edges

kafiend

The shitty intented screen really does look kinda like a screen protector, but unless it was amazingly, perfectly applied there should be edges that don't line up exactly with the actual screen edges

That would be the most depressing thing ever. Removing the worlds only perfectly applied screen protector in the history of humankind. Think I'd cry.

Chuy

I think they straight up said that the demo would never be available in any way other than through first print editions of Type-0 HD. Not that they have never lied before, but from my recollection it was a pretty firm statement of "if you don't get a day 1 copy of Type-0 (or a code from someone) you will never play this demo".
Seriously? Well then that's unfortunate i think i can might be able to manage though....

Yeah the game oozes with style, let's not forget that these are only basic skills... I am just gonna show you guys what the summon in this game looks like, because that literally was the most hype inducing scene I have ever witnessed on my PS4, I specifically picked this video with the guy's reaction to it because this was literally what my reaction was like. It was breath taking.

Jesus Cristo that's crazy! God damn i NEED this in my life ASAP. I'm guess i'm going to have to find a way to get together enough money for this and look forward to eventually playing it when i get a ps4.

I want to say 60 FPS but I can't really find anything to confirm. They're smooth enough as long as nothing's janking out--I just had a couple animations here and there weird out and certain things have awkward loading. I'm not sure how much better it is than Vita, it's playable and mostly without issue, but certainly not perfect. The jank never got in the way of playing the game except for the pause lag--I just used the PS button as it was faster. Never had a problem with the framerate itself.

Ok, thank you. I might just buy the collection then :D

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Can you use the same account on two different Vita's? I'm thinking of getting a cheap one for my sister so she'll stop stealing mine when I want to play it. Plus then I can delete some stuff from my Vita that only she plays.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

16Udn1Y.png

Thanks to you and eastasiasoft! :D
Entered for the third EU one.

RK128

I'm a sucker for the bow these days. Even in MH, I totally switched my style from close range to long range attacks. Being able to aim easily with the Vita's analog is also a god sent gift compared to the n3DS nub.

O_O......Just damn, that is impressive XD!

I mean, a summon doing THAT to the area is quite something, and this is only reportedly early in the game! I can only imagine how crazy things get when you get further into the game.....now that would be.....something, I say :).

Glad you are enjoying FFXV Demo Names :D, it is great that their is a playable version of a game many of us waited a generation to check out :'). It is nice to know that we will be able to play FFXV next year :).

deadfolk

Can you use the same account on two different Vita's? I'm thinking of getting a cheap one for my sister so she'll stop stealing mine when I want to play it. Plus then I can delete some stuff from my Vita that only she plays.

I believe it's three handhelds per account, which includes Vita, PSP and PS
Vita
TV.

autoduelist

odds are you have a new vita w/o screen protector.

worst case you protect your protector if you add another.

SerTapTap

I think I'll pass since I'm not a huge fan of bullet-hell games. But thanks wilflare anyway! You're great :D

It's not really a bullet hell game. The screenshots are a tiny bit misleading, but even those screenshots are extremely basic patterns.

I mean, it's not piss-easy either, though there are easier modes. But if it's a bullet hell Gradius is bullet hell

v1perz53

I think you should just cut your losses and put a screen protector on. Worst case you double up the protectors, but right now if you can't even tell if there is one it shouldn't be necessarily BAD to add another. Safest bet I guess.

The Hori protectors really are an amazingly perfect fit. The one I removed recently was, through some magic, so perfectly applied that I could not find any seams at all. Actually made it really challenging to take off. I was convinced for a while that I had taken it off in the past, but after like 15 minutes I got it off.

crmetteer

I was just browsing the games list on 'Live from Playstation' and saw crysis 2 listed. I tried to watch the stream but it was paused and then it ended. Possible Crysis 2 port coming?

AsfaeksBR

I was just browsing the games list on 'Live from Playstation' and saw crysis 2 listed. I tried to watch the stream but it was paused and then it ended. Possible Crysis 2 port coming?

I'd understand a "Crysis Collection", but only Crysis 2? Probably a mistake.

Top Bottom