• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

VLiberty

It's not really a bullet hell game. The screenshots are a tiny bit misleading, but even those screenshots are extremely basic patterns.

I mean, it's not piss-easy either, though there are easier modes. But if it's a bullet hell Gradius is bullet hell

Mmm. I think I'll have to watch some footage. I've got still some hours before the giveaway is over, right?

Zhao_Yun

Courtesy of the eastasiasoft guys
Disclaimer - I am not related to the publisher and developers. I did NOT get a free code from them (I bought my own bundle).

Game is Cross-Buy for Vita/PS3
so don't enter if you already have it on PS3

Thx for the nice giveaway wilflare! Entered for one of the EU codes!

wilflare

I'll just apply
(another?)
filter on my 2000 when the filter arrives, then. Let's hope it's alright.

get a tempered glass one :)

---
and you guys are too kind - thank @eastasiasoft and try out Soldner X-2 Vita - a really well done port!

I want more SHMUPs on my Vita :/

I'm not made of gold!

Lies.

Q6IQdXk.png

SerTapTap

get a tempered glass one :)

---
and you guys are too kind - thank @eastasiasoft and try out Soldner X-2 Vita - a really well done port!

I want more SHMUPs on my Vita :/

Would be cool if 5PB and Cave did Vita ports but...not going to happen in all likelihood, no. There's a few but really not much, a few indies though

Wow. The trees. The trees!

Jesus Cristo that's crazy! God damn i NEED this in my life ASAP. I'm guess i'm going to have to find a way to get together enough money for this and look forward to eventually playing it when i get a ps4.

O_O......Just damn, that is impressive XD!

I mean, a summon doing THAT to the area is quite something, and this is only reportedly early in the game! I can only imagine how crazy things get when you get further into the game.....now that would be.....something, I say :).

Glad you are enjoying FFXV Demo Names :D, it is great that their is a playable version of a game many of us waited a generation to check out :'). It is nice to know that we will be able to play FFXV next year :).

Holy! 0_0!!
Just, wow. This game looks ridiculous! Besides the summons, I like the flashy combat that I've seen :)

Oh god. I will not buy Type 0 just for a demo.

Ahaha all of your reactions were priceless. 8 years guys, but it's here, it's real, and it's gonna kick so much ass... The trees have no chance whatsoever.

Producer

Would be cool if 5PB and Cave did Vita ports but...not going to happen in all likelihood, no. There's a few but really not much, a few indies though

Yeah, Cave is all mobile now so thats unlikely. And their games wouldn't really translate well to vita aside from deathsmiles and akai katana.

I ended up buying the telltale collection and just finished the first episode of the wolf among us. Fantastic game and a great remote play experience on the Vita.

I look forward to the rest of TWAU and the other games in the collection and I really like to use my ps4 as a vita enhancer.

The ps4 was a great gift for my little friend on its third birthday ;)

Maid

Banned
Yeah, Cave is all mobile now so thats unlikely. And their games wouldn't really translate well to vita aside from deathsmiles and akai katana.

All I want is Deathsmiles.

Cave is pretty awesome in NepReb2, though. Would be a shame if they completely leave the console scene.

SerTapTap

And 5PB and MOSS still seem to be with MS somehow...not sure what on earth that's about honestly. Poor Cave...

And yeah I guess all the vertical ones would be pretty iffy, then again they did the 360, it's not really a huge difference IMO, I'd probably be willing to play them if I couldn't otherwise.

All I want is Deathsmiles.

Cave is pretty awesome in NepReb2, though. Would be a shame if they completely leave the console scene.

I'm super glad we got Cave in Nep Reb 2, though they fucked up her dub, was better in Mk2 by a ton. Hope she at least stays in Neptunia (she was absent in Victory so I kinda doubt it though) since it's probably the only new Cave I'll be seeing.

I wonder if @eastasiasoft can pick them up

I don't think they've published anyone of that size. I'm not sure there's any saving Cave. They willingly went mobile, then flooded their own incredibly niche market and seem to be slowly bleeding to death while occasionally spitting out mobile only remixes of old content.

Producer

Would be a shame if they completely leave the console scene.

They already did. Their last console game was SaiDaiOuJou in 2013, after that they have been completely focused on mobile, either porting their old catalog or releasing new titles.

And 5PB and MOSS still seem to be with MS somehow...not sure what on earth that's about honestly. Poor Cave...

And yeah I guess all the vertical ones would be pretty iffy, then again they did the 360, it's not really a huge difference IMO, I'd probably be willing to play them if I couldn't otherwise.

I guess they assumed the VN/STG fanbase, for both of those respective companies, would migrate to Xbone, but that really didn't happen lol. I really don't know what they expected. I'm sure Raiden V will eventually be ported anyway.

Chuy

Courtesy of the eastasiasoft guys
Disclaimer - I am not related to the publisher and developers. I did NOT get a free code from them (I bought my own bundle).

Game is Cross-Buy for Vita/PS3
so don't enter if you already have it on PS3

Visit us over at the OT too! - Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Vita |OT| SHMUP #BestOnVita
Native Res, 60FPS - one of the best ports on the Vita!
16Udn1Y.png
Late but entered and thanks for holding this raffle!
Regardless if i win definitely going to get this as it looks awesome.
Still amazed at how many great games go under my radar for this supposedly dead system

God damn that's great. You gotta use it now it's just too perfect not to use

Ahaha all of your reactions were priceless. 8 years guys, but it's here, it's real, and it's gonna kick so much ass... The trees have no chance whatsoever.
I honestly wanted to flip a table at first seeing that since i don't have the system or demo but i got over it and instead got ever more hyped for it. Been waiting since middle school when this was announced to play it and i think i can wait a little longer

I honestly wanted to flip a table at first seeing that since i don't have the system or demo but i got over it and instead got ever more hyped for it. Been waiting since middle school when this was announced to play it and i think i can wait a little longer
I'll tell you this much, the demo alone is fun. I keep on taking it for a spin, looking for new things to do, experimenting with the battle system.

Damascus Gear gameplay looks like shit.
What are you saying? This is definitely gonna beat Bloodborne on Tuesday, like come on. Borderlands? No chance either.

Shizuka

You gotta use that avatar now

And it's now forever burnt into our retinas.

I agree with all these things. ^_^

God damn that's great. You gotta use it now it's just too perfect not to use

Alright alright, if I win one of the Soldner codes from the raffle tomorrow, I'll use that avatar.

can I mail it to you bro?

Wouldn't it be expensive for you to get one where you live as well? It could work, if you send it in a letter instead of a box or something like that.

Demon Gaze is fun. Tales of Hearts R is boring.

Keep up with the amazing taste, Flunkie. Keep making mama proud.

CrovaxPSO

Late follow-up post about Fuuraiki 3 for those who were interested. Cleared one of the heroine's routes. Once you get past the intro stuff and into the main game, it's pretty much all traveling from spot to spot with usually brief sections of text for each screen at a location. Sometimes you'll get an extended novel section if you meet a random character at a spot with more dialogue than usual. If you're pursuing a heroine's route, on certain days you have to meet them at a specific location, and then you auto-drive to different spots and get similar visual novel sections. You don't have to do any of the heroine's routes, and instead can focus on just visiting different locations to increase the rank of your travelogue blog and try to reach first place in the contest (I finished 5th since I wasn't really focusing on stopping at the right spots for the contest).

I have to warn anyone interested not to expect happy endings in this game. In fact, the heroine I cleared had an almost incredibly sad ending. I didn't really expect a happy ending, given that the trophy for clearing all the routes is called "Meetings and Farewells" and your character is only traveling through the region, but wow, I was not ready for the ending I got. Maybe the other characters have a brighter ending, and the ending I got wasn't completely bleak. I didn't dislike the ending, though, even though it was sad.

Maid

Banned
The news of Gravity Rush sucks but it WAS a launch game and also phwoar, Emma Stone gifs will soften the blow.

I don't think it's a surprise of any kind. People already expected that.
The question is where will GR2 be heading.

At this rate I doubt I will have time to care about it, though. I have a mountain of Vita games I need to clear first.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Gravity Rush is a game many PS4 owners want, but will not like when they finally get to play the game.

There are too many fundamental issues with the core game:

Simplistic gameplay systems
Lack of mission variety
An empty overworld with nothing to do

These are a few faults that would be magnified tremendously on a bigger console because of different expectations. No remaster will fix these problems if the game is just a simple remaster.

That being said, putting it on the PS4 is an important part of growing the game as a series. The only fear is that if Gravity Rush PS4 does poorly in terms of critical and commercial success, it will affect the eventual release of Gravity Rush 2.

HGH

Banned

I'm super glad we got Cave in Nep Reb 2, though they fucked up her dub, was better in Mk2 by a ton. Hope she at least stays in Neptunia (she was absent in Victory so I kinda doubt it though) since it's probably the only new Cave I'll be seeing.

I really would like a new Dodonpachi...
Also you'll be glad to know she's in RB3, with all new events.

deadfolk

So I finished (and loved) Danganronpa 1.

I'm looking for another bite-sized snack before launching into Persona Q or Xenoblade.

Any recommendations for something else on Vita that won't take too long and is worth a shot? Something that I can finish completely (in terms of campaign, I don't care about trophies) and remove from my backlog.

It needs to be something I already own. I probably have most things that may get suggested, but notables I'm missing are:
Oreshika
Killzone
Toukiden
Grim Fandango
Brandish (I'm in EU)

So it can't be one of those. I also don't want to jump straight into DR2. Too much despair too soon. And not an indie-type game - nothing against them, I just tend to snack on those all the time.

I'm tempted by NepReb;1 or Suidoken. Are either of those quick wins? Something else?

Any thoughts?

Maid

Banned
http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/v2/other/?page=dream

Seems like there are preview of Neptunia VII's OST. Awesome listen. Much better than I expected.

I'm tempted by NepReb;1 or Suidoken. Are either of those quick wins? Something else?

Any thoughts?

I'd say no to NepReb1 since it takes a bit long to finish. Short if you want to just get the normal ending and be done with the game, but then again I wouldn't recommend that.

Is it strictly JRPG?

redcrayon

So I finished (and loved) Danganronpa 1.

I'm looking for another bite-sized snack before launching into Persona Q or Xenoblade.

Any recommendations for something else on Vita that won't take too long and is worth a shot? Something that I can finish completely (in terms of campaign, I don't care about trophies) and remove from my backlog.

It needs to be something I already own. I probably have most things that may get suggested, but notables I'm missing are:
Oreshika
Killzone
Toukiden
Grim Fandango
Brandish (I'm in EU)

So it can't be one of those. I also don't want to jump straight into DR2. Too much despair too soon. And not an indie-type game - nothing against them, I just tend to snack on those all the time.

Any thoughts?
Suikoden will take you under 20 hours, it's fairly short for a JRPG, if that counts as 'quick'! I played it for the first time this year and enjoyed it so much I launched straight into Suikoden II.

Dragon's Crown is a good bet too if you haven't played it yet.

Shinriji

Gravity Rush is a game many PS4 owners want, but will not like when they finally get to play the game.

Yep. It is a 3 years-old game that they already gave for free. The reaction will be worse than Type 0.

The PS4 is hurting for games, so a port of a old game is the sony easy way out to fill the release schedule.

Yep. It is a 3 years-old game that they already gave for free. The reaction will be worse than Type 0.

The PS4 is hurting for games, so a port of a old game is the sony easy way out to fill the release schedule.

The reaction to the Type-0 announcement was under very different circumstances. The reviews and opinions about the actual game are about what people expected, no?
If they release Gravity Rush at a good price (i.e. $40) and include some extra stuff, it's going to do fine. The announcement thread is full of positive reactions and it's a unique and good game.

I really don't see any problems here.

wilflare

The reaction to the Type-0 announcement was under very different circumstances. The reviews and opinions about the actual game are about what people expected, no?
If they release Gravity Rush at a good price (i.e. $40) and include some extra stuff, it's going to do fine. The announcement thread is full of positive reactions and it's a unique and good game.

I really don't see any problems here.

the price is the tricky part.
and hey, the positive reaction might be just PS4GAF that is honestly starved for games (Vita games)

Vita haz no games but gimme all the Vita games on the PS4.

hope Sony does Kat justice though - 1080p60

deadfolk

Is it strictly JRPG?

Not really - it's probably just that most of my
Vita's
good games are JRPGS.

Suikoden will take you under 20 hours, it's fairly short for a JRPG, if that counts as 'quick'! I played it for the first time this year and enjoyed it so much I launched straight into Suikoden II.

Dragon's Crown is a good bet too if you haven't played it yet.

Hmm...hadn't thought of DC. Might add that to the list of potentials. Should I tackle Muramasa first? I know they're not the same ip, but I wonder if doing DC first would ruin Muramasa gameplay-wise.

Edit: TOTP: Get Gods Eater Burst so that Bamco have to localise the sequel.

Top Bottom