• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Spiegel

Gravity Rush on PS4 would fix one major problem, the controls. Too bad the game would still be boring though.

Do you enjoy any Vita game?
Every time I read one of your posts here you are complaining about something.

Serious question, not trying to call you out.

SerTapTap

Italian gaming sites are all simultaneously reporting the announcement of GOW3 Remastered.

Weird that it's just 3, but I guess remastering the entire set of PS3 remasters would be a lot of work...and require multiple disks. God of War Collection was already 2 disks + DLC codes on PS3.

This would make my purchase even more worth it. I would be down for this.

You can co op Bloodborne? No PVP bullshit (or I guess you can at least co op invaders?)

I've been in a blackout for the game for a while so....what's a Watchword?

Yes you can coop. So do you guys think it's a good idea?

I will just post this from co-optimus.

First of all, we learned that Bloodborne will support up to three players in co-op, including the host of the game and two summoned guests. To summon them to a game, the host player must use an item called a "Lulling Bell". On the other hand, guest players that use a "Small Resonant Bell" may enter a host's game at any time. Both of these options can be circumvented if players use a "Watchword" to set a password up for their session. While this only works for co-op, it allows anyone who knows the password to join them at anytime. One other action players are able to perform is a mysterious featured called a "Parting Shot", which causing the game session to end (works in PvP as well).Again, much like in other Dark Souls games, the guest will stay in the host's game until a boss is defeated and they've received a reward.

bobohoro

So I got Type-0 and Chrono Trigger. The former I am very conflicted with, which means the PS4 isn't being played as much. Should I pick up Bloodborne? Will I be able to play it, in between web development, java assignments, and socket communications... Hmmmm.

You should probably turn that around. Will you be able to get any work done in between playing Bloodborne?

Gravity Rush on PS4 would fix one major problem, the controls. Too bad the game would still be boring though.

Fixed controls might make the game even more boring, since wrestling with them was the only major challenge in the main game. But I'd like to revisit it on PS4 with some more polish just to fly around. As a Plus game, I mean.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Congrats to all the winners!

Benedict claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) key. There were 7 entrants.
marcincz claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #3 key. There were 6 entrants.
Zippedpinhead claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #3 key. There were 6 entrants.
Chuy claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #2 key. There were 16 entrants.
Renpatsu claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #2 key. There were 7 entrants.
Barajas_201 claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) key. There were 9 entrants.

I'll do another one soon :) maybe this time round with the no-lurkers tag.
Congrats to the winners :) as expected i'm not one of them :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lxd5KWb5Rk

Mobile TPS "2013 Infected Wars" is coming to Vita next week.

Looks generic as hell but if the gameplay is good it's definitely welcome.
It doesn't look really good but Vita needs more western-looking tps so it's welcome, i could buy it for the right price if it's decent.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Do you enjoy any Vita game?
Every time I read one of your posts here you are complaining about something.

Serious question, not trying to call you out.
Danganronpa 1 was highly enjoyable, just not a masterpiece. Vita has been primarily a PSP and PSX substitute. I've got a decent backlog brewing of remakes and rereleases like FF X/X-2 to get through.

Yes you can coop. So do you guys think it's a good idea?

I will just post this from co-optimus.

All for it would be cool to play with VitaGaf folks.

You should probably turn that around. Will you be able to get any work done in between playing Bloodborne?
I should be able to get the website done between today and monday. That is my number one focus so with that out of the way, it shouldn't be so bad if I play Bloodborne in the afternoons and whatever, and Chrono Trigger at night whenever possible, more as a long term thing. Type-0 might have to get delayed for a Summer play through.

Benedict

Hm... GoW3 was a great game but I don't think I need to play it again.

I've hade GoW3 Ultimate Edition for years, never made the time to play it.
It's even signed by a couple of people who made the game. Won it in a competition.

Now, what shall I do?
If it was on Vita it would be an easy choice.

wilflare

more codes for everyone - and please thank the @eastasiasoft guys instead! they provided these codes :D
added the NOLURKERS rule so hopefully the regulars can get a chance!

for those lurking, don't be shy! just post at least 5 times here :D

---

Courtesy of the eastasiasoft guys
Disclaimer - I am not related to the publisher and developers. I did NOT get a free code from them (I bought my own bundle).

Game is Cross-Buy for Vita/PS3
so don't enter if you already have it on PS3. if you wanna support, just download it for your Vita or checkout on the Store at least

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 PSN Codes. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1001447.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Soldner X2 Vita (NA) -- MB-612926FCE1EC2271 - Taken by HypnoDarkrai. 8 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #3 -- MB-CF13CB6FAB32E55D - Taken by kevin1025. 5 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #2 -- MB-3841146FF09FF1FD - Taken by Shizuka. 10 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) -- MB-A07A0C73DF49010C - Taken by A-Dark-Injection. 3 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #2 -- MB-ECDED48A03E7F2FC - Taken by CaptainTiptop. 2 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #3 -- MB-78A4B569813BA400 - Taken by YianGaruga. 4 entrants total.

t1426885243z1.png

Visit us over at the OT too! - Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Vita |OT| SHMUP #BestOnVita

Native Res, 60FPS - one of the best ports on the Vita!

nampad

more codes for everyone - and please thank the @eastasiasoft guys instead! they provided these codes :D

---

Disclaimer - I am not related to the publisher and developers. I did NOT get a free code from them (I bought my own bundle).

so don't enter if you already have it on PS3. if you wanna support, just download it for your Vita or checkout on the Store at least

Visit us over at the OT too! - Soldner X-2: Final Prototype Vita |OT| SHMUP #BestOnVita

I think I am a lurker now :(
I blame the LINE chat.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

---

YAY another chance! Thanks Aestasiasoft! XD

I'll take the third EU one.

antibolo

Banned
I've hade GoW3 Ultimate Edition for years, never made the time to play it.
It's even signed by a couple of people who made the game. Won it in a competition.

Now, what shall I do?
If it was on Vita it would be an easy choice.

The original game is still one of the best looking PS3 games ever, despite being released halfway into the PS3's lifespan. A remaster will not bring much to the table. A more stable framerate would be nice, but the original was already running over 30 fps.

And after what happened with GoW Collection, no, I don't think you really want a Vita port.

Kudo

Downloading my Episode Duscae now, tonight will be good.

Entering the raffle again, thanks for the chance!

Man my PS4 download speeds are terrible and it seems there is nothing I can do.
I have a LAN connection, tried static IP, dynamic IP, router reset, port forwarding, changing DNS, everything I can think of. Speeds on PC connected to the same modem are fine. Yet Valiant Hearts (1.3 GB) takes 70 minutes on my ~40 Mbps connection. Really frustrating. It's not always THIS bad, but it's never really "good"

RK128

---

Thanks again for the second shot for the contest wilflare :D! Entered for the second NA code, so hope I win :).

I can't believe I haven't posted in this month's thread. I lurk too much. :>

Also, yay for the Vita God of War collection being free for anyone who bought GoW 2 after getting GoW 1 via PS+ way back when.

maouvin

---

Once again, cheers!

RK128

I can't believe I haven't posted in this month's thread. I lurk too much. :>

Also, yay for the Vita God of War collection being free for anyone who bought GoW 2 after getting GoW 1 via PS+ way back when.

Ah, so you got GOW2 for your PS3 and that unlocked the collection for the Vita for you (as you owned either the trial of GOW1 or got that from the PSN PS+ Glitch from a while back)?

Either way, congrats man and I hope you enjoy the games :). GOW2 runs better then the first one for some reason but regardless both are playable versions of two great games (though the cut-scenes are badly compressed X().

Guys guys. Akiba's Trip is so fun. Did I miss the train for that? Vita version on PSTV means I don't even have to buy the ps4 version now.

I can hardly wait until the end of the work day to play Soldner X2!

Wilflare this is awesome that you are able to run these two contests for everyone!

Good luck to everyone with the second contest, hopefully you will be lucky and enjoy the game like I will!

batrush

Guys guys. Akiba's Trip is so fun. Did I miss the train for that? Vita version on PSTV means I don't even have to buy the ps4 version now.

The first few hours were entertaining, but I quickly lost interest afterwards. The plot and characters are forgettable, and the gameplay becomes stale in no time.

Ah, so you got GOW2 for your PS3 and that unlocked the collection for the Vita for you (as you owned either the trial of GOW1 or got that from the PSN PS+ Glitch from a while back)?

Either way, congrats man and I hope you enjoy the games :). GOW2 runs better then the first one for some reason but regardless both are playable versions of two great games (though the cut-scenes are badly compressed X().

Actually, that was back when GoW 1 PS3 got chucked onto PS+ legitimately as a bonus game for a month. I think it was to promote a God of War anniversary. :v

I thought it was pretty good. I really should go back to it and finish it off.

Spiegel

Danganronpa 1 was highly enjoyable, just not a masterpiece. Vita has been primarily a PSP and PSX substitute. I've got a decent backlog brewing of remakes and rereleases like FF X/X-2 to get through.

I guess I was wrong. That's a really long list of Vita games you like. ;)

Thanks for indulging my curiosity.

The first few hours were entertaining, but I quickly lost interest afterwards. The plot and characters are forgettable, and the gameplay becomes stale in no time.

Cant dispute that im sure it will but for now Im having a blast.

waiting until i get a PS4 for Akiba's Trip since it's apparently the better version

I hear the only difference is better visuals (obviously), the fun mode where everything is unlocked already and you can sandbox it up and...thats it? I hear the loading is just as long and I personally dont think it's long on vita.

Vylash

I hear the only difference is better visuals (obviously), the fun mode where everything is unlocked already and you can sandbox it up and...thats it? I hear the loading is just as long and I personally dont think it's long on vita.

decreased loading times, better visuals, all ps3/vita dlc in addition to new content, and a bunch of other stuff according to xseed's localization blog

SerTapTap

I kinda want Akiba's trip but for some reason I assume I'll get bored really early. I've been buying a lot of stripping games anyway lately. I'll get it eventually

Better loading time for pedestrians and I think more of them, and all DLC included free. It's not load-screen wait time it's pop-in style stuff that's supposed to be significantly better. There was a blog post somewhere that explained it nicely, can't find it.

Oh Cure found it

pariah164

...Okay, you are awesome for doing this again. Entered this time, because I may like this game!

SerTapTap

Well that is more than I thought....but not double the price worth imo.
Plus portable akiba and then take it home and playing on the PSTV is unbeatable imo.

Portable + home combo of Vita/PS TV is pretty sweet. I wonder what it'd be like if it were marketed like that from the start and with SD cards

Portable + home combo of Vita/PS TV is pretty sweet. I wonder what it'd be like if it were marketed like that from the start and with SD cards

If vita could output to TV on its own and you only needed to buy a PS3 controller from launch. Holy shit I swear people would have to buy it. HAVE TO.

Reset

Just beat Tales of Hearts R, and I have to say it's one of the best games on Vita. I hope the second Tales games is also localized and that Hearts sold well enough.
Starting on Neptunia Rebirth, it's the first game I'm playing from the series. Hopefully it's decent. Don't really have high hopes for it lol

SerTapTap

If vita could output to TV on its own and you only needed to buy a PS3 controller from launch. Holy shit I swear people would have to buy it. HAVE TO.

Yeah, TV out on PSP was a great idea but was component only and no upscaling (it shows in the middle of the screen with massive black bars). A mini HDMI/displayport out would have been amazing. I think that's apparently what the Mystery Port was supposed to be. I wish they hadn't tried to be so weird about controlling the market (accessories, memory, video output), all you need to control is the games.

Starting it on Neptunia Rebirth, it's the first game I'm playing from the series. Hopefully it's decent. Don't really have high hopes for it lol

It's a good one to start out with, except for a couple annoying early difficulty spikes. Pay good attention to your Plans in the menu. Optional dungeons help avoid grinding

antibolo

Banned
I regret buying the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip despite it being "superior", because it's not portable and I'm therefore less likely to ever finish it.

With that said I'm totally going to get the PS4 version of Estival Versus because it's so goddamn gorgeous.

Vylash

Just beat Tales of Hearts R, and I have to say it's one of the best games on Vita. I hope the second Tales games is also localized and that Hearts sold well enough.
Starting it on Neptunia Rebirth, it's the first game I'm playing from the series. Hopefully it's decent. Don't really have high hopes for it lol

VLiberty

Another giveaway? Thanks wilflare and thanks eastasiasoft again! Maybe I'll enter this time
edit: Entered! :D

eh wait - where did this get announced?

I can confirm it's true, at least in europe. I got GOW1 with PS+ and now bought GOW 2 and I got the Vita collection.

I think it's always been like this.

Edit: woo, TOTP! Can't even remember the last time it happened :lol
I definitely recommend the games I'm currently playing, Sly 4 and Rocketbirds. Also buy Velocity 2X if haven't got it.

Top Bottom