• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

I can confirm it's true, at least in europe. I got GOW1 with PS+ and now bought GOW 2 and I got the Vita collection.

I think it's always been like this.
Almost seems like every HD collection that spans multiple platforms is borked in some way. Heard the same about the Sly trilogy, and I swore there was something for the R&C one also.

VLiberty

$1 for Breath of Fire IV? $0.84 for Myst? $0.96 for Klonoa?! This is kind of amazing.

BTW, buy Klonoa. Great platformer.

Yep, I played the Wii remake, Lunatea's Veil and the first GBA game and I loved all three. I heard that the second GBA game is coming to Wii U VC...that's another Wii U killer app for me.

pariah164

Yep, I played the Wii remake, Lunatea's Veil and the first GBA game and I loved all three. I heard that the second GBA game is coming to Wii U VC...that's another Wii U killer app for me.
I wish Nintendo would get with the program and put GBA games on the 3DS shop as well, but noooo. I miss Superstar Saga, dammit.

Back on topic, I think I'll get BoFIV... Unless I need to have played the first three. Or is it like Final Fantasy where you can (for the most part) pick up and play any title?

SerTapTap

Oh yes, absolutely buy Gravity Rush, no excuses now

Ibb and Obb is a fun co op puzzler. Don't try to play it alone, but it's a pretty unique experience if you have a friend that also likes puzzles

$1 for Breath of Fire IV? $0.84 for Myst? $0.96 for Klonoa?! This is kind of amazing.

BTW, buy Klonoa. Great platformer.

Oh dang, didn't notice Klonoa was on sale too. Lots of great old games in there. I have like half the items in the sale again.

Tizoc

WHAT THE FUCK?!
ALL THEM PSX CLASSICS ON SALE?! BUT I DON'T HAVE SPACE FOR ALL THOSE GAMES SONTY!
GIVE ME THAT 256 GB ALREADY!
WILFLARE HAAAAAAAAAAALP!

I wish Nintendo would get with the program and put GBA games on the 3DS shop as well, but noooo. I miss Superstar Saga, dammit.

Back on topic, I think I'll get BoFIV... Unless I need to have played the first three. Or is it like Final Fantasy where you can (for the most part) pick up and play any title?
GBA at least...the tease with the Super Famicom colored buttons is bad enough...anyhoo...
I will be going in to BOFIV blind, when I do get to it. I've heard they are FF like, also, where one isn't really connected to the other. Someone with Better BOF knowledge please correct me if I am wrong, thoguh I hope I'm not, cause I don't need several more games to play before I play one I wanted..
gonna buy Gravity Rush again digitally, it's my only physical vita game and that's been bugging me
If Sony would let me, I'd do the same just for support. Thanks a lot, PS Plus... :\

Congrats to all the winners!

Benedict claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) key. There were 7 entrants.
marcincz claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #3 key. There were 6 entrants.
Zippedpinhead claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #3 key. There were 6 entrants.
Chuy claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #2 key. There were 16 entrants.
Renpatsu claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #2 key. There were 7 entrants.
Barajas_201 claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) key. There were 9 entrants.

I'll do another one soon :) maybe this time round with the no-lurkers tag.

Thanks you wilflare for this awesome game!

VLiberty

I guess we're getting the PS+ games on the 7th/8th because of NA having its first tuesday on the 7th, right? That makes Stealth Inc 2 a likely PS+ game. If so, so glad that at least I bought the DLCs for the first game.

Me too :/

Regarding classics, PSP spoiled me with its incredible PSX emulation. Super-bummed by the lack of N64 VC on 3DS or PS2 Classics on Vita :/

AsfaeksBR

There's no way to buy a game if you already got it via Plus, right?

And is Mega Man X4 really worth it? I'm addicted to Spelunky and I'm playing through Castle in the Darkness, but I nevar player Mega Man for more than 10 minutes. Will I enjoy it?

Reset

Guys, I got Gravity Rush thanks to Plus but I want to buy it so I could keep even when I don't have plus, but the webstore won't allow me to do this since it's "already purchased"
How do I bypass this. :(

And is Mega Man X4 really worth it? I'm addicted to Spelunky and I'm playing through Castle in the Darkness, but I nevar player Mega Man for more than 10 minutes. Will I enjoy it?
Megaman is nothing like splelunky if that's what you're wondering.
If you only want to buy one Megaman game to try it out. Buy X5. It's the best one.

VLiberty

There's no way to buy a game if you already got it via Plus, right?
Guys, I got Gravity Rush thanks to Plus but I want to buy it so I could keep even when I don't have plus, but the webstore won't allow me to do this since it's "already purchased"
How do I bypass this. :(

Same question on the same thread in the same minute. I'm scared :lol

To answer both, no.
Though you could bypass this by buying Gravity Rush retail. I think it shouldn't be pricey as it's been free on PS+ for over a year

SerTapTap

Same question on the same thread in the same minute. I'm scared :lol

To answer both, no.
Though you could bypass this by buying Gravity Rush retail. I think it shouldn't be pricey as it's been free on PS+ for over a year

You can ask Sony support to remove specific PS+ games from your account

any emulation issues with X4?

edit: ehh gonna buy it regardless lol. lost my ps1 disc a long time ago

I had no problem playing it with a retail disk earlier on PS3. I assume digital is identical

RK128

To part of that flash sale and got the following:
-Mega Man X5
-Dead Head Fred
-SW Battlefront II PSP
-Sam and Max Season 3
-Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
-Bejweled 3
-Katamari Damacy
-Tennis in the Face
-Syphon Filter 3

Looking foward to playing these later :D. Dead Head Fred was a game always on my 'get this for Vita' list, so it is great to finally get it, at a buck no less XD!

Just beat Tales of Hearts R, and I have to say it's one of the best games on Vita. I hope the second Tales games is also localized and that Hearts sold well enough.
Starting on Neptunia Rebirth, it's the first game I'm playing from the series. Hopefully it's decent. Don't really have high hopes for it lol

If you really want to avoid frustration with Rebirth 1, read the following posts I made:
The difficulty spikes are rough for Rebirth 1 X(. At least on four occasions I got killed just from being either slightly under-leveled or from stupid battle conditions screwing you over (looking at you SP/Item/EXE Move blocker bot things X(). But, my advice from my 10 or so hours I played the game, I did the following and it made things a bit easier to tackle:

-Buy the DLC characters and level them up alongside the main cast
-Fight as many foes you can; you get lots of experience points and fill up the EXE Meter
-Do NOT use the EXE Meter unless you are in a main boss fight and give your party member who are going to use an EXE attack a Attack Buff; this from my time with the game, utterly trashes bosses in just a few turns :D!
-Fight the 'extra' monsters you encounter after playing through the dungeon they are in; you get a lot of EXP points and also can complete very helpful quests
-Talk to everyone on the hub map, use the Disk system for really helpful buffs for the characters, make item/weapon/dungeon plans whenever you get the chance, and always have a high stock of items.
-Get the free item DLC's; they give you easy access to very pricey and rare items
-Always keep an eye on your party's levels and keep a sharp eye on your menus; you might get a new command to use or a new partner/party member and forget about it.

Edit: Also, from the footage of Rebirth 2, the main cast of CPU's become party members latter in the game (don't know how much latter, but it should be after you convince the CPU sisters in Lowee to help you out or something). So, they do come back into the picture latter in the game :).

Do the following and the early struggles with the game shouldn't be an issue :). I love what I've played of the game so far and from what I saw from Rebirth 2 and Victory online, they look even better :D. Have fun man, this series is filled with humor and charm in spades :).

SerTapTap

Oh yeah, Pack Man Championship Edition is amazing, if you liked Pix The Cat you'll love it. I think it was PS+ as well though? It's not just Pac Man. It's crazy speedy packman and is extremely satisfying.

TIf you really want to avoid frustration with Rebirth 1, read the following posts I made:
If you only get one, Plutia is the most OP DLC character, but they're $1 each and well worth it. Fully voice acted (in battle only), full skill set, nice animations and all that. Plutia and Histoire (<3) are favs.

No kidding? Never knew this was possible. I know what I'm doing when I get off work, playing a new game of 1800 call sony.

I've never done it but heard of people doing it. I think I'll do it myself for this sale. I'll start with chat, I don't want to call but I'm pretty sure my Gravity Rush is PS+ and for $1 I'll take a real license.

RK128

If you only get one, Plutia is the most OP DLC character, but they're $1 each and well worth it. Fully voice acted (in battle only), full skill set, nice animations and all that. Plutia and Histoire (<3) are favs.

I've never done it but heard of people doing it. I think I'll do it myself for this sale. I'll start with chat, I don't want to call but I'm pretty sure my Gravity Rush is PS+ and for $1 I'll take a real license.

The bolded is so true; all the healing support Compa has but a HDD form and powerful EXE attacks is killer :D.

Also looked up a bit about Victory (as the two DLC characters were from that game) and man, is Plutia a crazy character XD! Spoilers for Victory/(potentially) Rebirth 3:
When she transforms, she becomes a psychopath; playing and tunting with the foes. Two occasions she torments Arfore and latter NepGear (after a boss fight); their was even a cut-away screen so you couldn't see what Iris Heart was doing to Arfoe. Her normal character is a bit of an air-head like Neptune but more so at times (though her HDD characteristics seem to bleed their way into her normal form time to time)

Just learning more about the character has me looking forward to Rebirth 3 whenever it comes to NA in the future :).

Edit: Never heard about being able to 'cancel' a game off plus....might try that latter so I can own Gravity Rush for a buck :). Thanks for the heads up about that guys :D.

VLiberty

Just looked at the sale. Now I understand why you guys want to buy Gravity Rush.

Those prices are insane. I wish EU PSN was on par...

Tizoc

Just do the right thing, and buy them anyway. SPACE BE DAMNED!

BUT I ALREADY OWN ALL THE GOOD PSX GAMES ON THAT SALE AND ARE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY OLED!

VitaGAF! Head my words! When last non Vita compatible PSOne games went on sale a miracle occurred; pray another happens again =X

But seriously though, don't ask questions just buy all the PSX Capcom games and Klonoa.

Oh and Klonoa should let you take screenshots from in-game.

autoduelist

I don't like having Physical games for the Vita. :(
Sony needs to fix bug.

Not a bug. It's by design. One button that switches between 'buy' and 'download' makes far more sense from a user design perspective than having both 'buy' and 'download for free' buttons next to each other, which would confuse enough people to make it simply not worth it.

maouvin

Soldner X2 Vita (NA) -- MB-612926FCE1EC2271 - Taken by HypnoDarkrai. 8 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #3 -- MB-CF13CB6FAB32E55D - Taken by kevin1025. 5 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #2 -- MB-3841146FF09FF1FD - Taken by Shizuka. 10 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) -- MB-A07A0C73DF49010C - Taken by A-Dark-Injection. 3 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #2 -- MB-ECDED48A03E7F2FC - Taken by CaptainTiptop. 2 entrants total.
Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #3 -- MB-78A4B569813BA400 - Taken by YianGaruga. 4 entrants total.

You know what to do, Shizuka.

Thank you very much wilflare! Will try it out later tonight.

b9Apbjm.jpg

Puru

Interested in those game from the sale since i never played them and would actually like to give them a shot someday, i'd like to know if i need to do a transfer with a PS3 with any of those since i think it's sometime necessary if you want to play those on Vita?

The games are:
-Klonoa
-BoFiV
-Wild Arms 1 & 2
-Megaman X4 & X5

Thanks in advance.

No one (eligible) entered for the #3 EU code so I was just able to snipe it after the giveaway ended haha. Thank you very much wilflare and eastasiasoft!

Best of luck to anyone trying to get the Gravity Rush license from Plus pulled. Just tried for myself...they said when my PS Plus expires, then I can buy it. Otherwise I am SOL.
BUT I ALREADY OWN ALL THE GOOD PSX GAMES ON THAT SALE AND ARE ALREADY INSTALLED ON MY OLED!
Well, there's the bad psx games
if such a thing exists!
they do.

Takao

Banned
For $1, Dead Head Fred is a good hidden gem. One of the rare quality western developed handheld games. Combat is a little meh, but the writing is really enjoyable.

Hikami

I'm at the end of P4G and thought I'd finally finished my Vita backlog but nope.. another sale appears, of course.
Might pick up the Mega Man X games later after I look at some gameplay, not too familiar with those.

US goes completely sale crazy and EU pretty much has nothing on sale this week. They didn't even refresh their bi-weekly deals that they started this year. It's great that it's easy to use both stores but still, one group always kind of feels like second class users.

RK128

Interested in those game from the sale since i never played them and would actually like to give them a shot someday, i'd like to know if i need to do a transfer with a PS3 with any of those since i think it's sometime necessary if you want to play those on Vita?

The games are:
-Klonoa
-BoFiV
-Wild Arms 1 & 2
-Megaman X4 & X5

Thanks in advance.

From my experience; most if not all of those games do not require a PS3 to Vita transfer, as all of them can be bought from the Vita PSN Store or from your Vita Download list :).

I highly recommend all of the games, as they are all great in different ways :).

Hope this helps :).

VLiberty

Congrats on the winners!

US goes completely sale crazy and EU pretty much has nothing on sale this week. They didn't even refresh their bi-weekly deals that they started this year. It's great that it's easy to use both stores but still, one group always kind of feels like second class users.

The problem is that on Vita it is not easy to use both stores.

Top Bottom