• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

SerTapTap

The bolded is so true; all the healing support Compa has but a HDD form and powerful EXE attacks is killer :D.

Also looked up a bit about Victory (as the two DLC characters were from that game) and man, is Plutia a crazy character XD! Spoilers for Victory/(potentially) Rebirth 3:
When she transforms, she becomes a psychopath;

Yes, her transformation will be...interesting (that animation is fantastic). She's also...interesting, in the story for Victory

This thread probably wouldn't appreciate my current OlliOlli 2 addiction as much as the OlliOlli 2 OT. But I do check in to see if there are any discussions I can contribute to.

I appreciate it. How close are you to the top of the spot leaderboard? :)

So, what's the verdict on Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters? I'm intrigued but haven't followed the impressions on it.

I.... wish I could say? I get the gameplay (somewhat) and even kind of enjoy it, but it seems like it's too hard. I keep getting stomped by ghosts :/

The VN bits are quality though so far, and I've been enjoying how the story has been rolling out - but as I keep getting stomped I'm not very far at all.

VLiberty

Just a heads up, the free update for Woah Dave(which most of you should own as it was free on PS+ two months ago) is available. It's pretty meaty, from a quick look it looks like it has n-times the content of the base game.

The lack of content killed the game for me before I could actually understand if I liked the gameplay or not. Now I'll find out.

AsfaeksBR

czT1vw0.jpg

Biulding up a Vita collection
I still need the Vita, though

- Is Wild Arms worth it? How is it?
- Is Home worth it? Thinking of getting it to play until Bloodborne is released...
- Any other recommendations?

PS: Already own Gravity Rush, and I have no interest in Klonoa.

Tizoc

I'm at the end of P4G and thought I'd finally finished my Vita backlog but nope.. another sale appears, of course.

Might pick up the Mega Man X games later after I look at some gameplay, not too familiar with those.

X4 at least is quite short, but X and Zero each have their own play style. They're 2D action games so if you want something simple def. get them they're quite good.

X4's stage select screen is so good
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZL6oZTomY

WOOT, all done with my website. Was able to squash all of the bugs between the back end stuff, got my database up and running and was able to deploy it online, sooo the assignment is ready to be handed in. 3 days to go until submission, so I have a lot of time to just polish up the design and whatever. feelsgood.gif

Now I will be for sure joining everyone on tuesday with Bloodborne :3

So, what's the verdict on Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters? I'm intrigued but haven't followed the impressions on it.

Check the OT, people are mixed. For the most part, people seem to be accepting of it despite its flaws:

This came out during an unfortunately busy time for video games, but it'll be a shame if it's completely looked over.
"Better made" is pretty subjective in this case. It's a mess, but the presentation is slick and it feels like a complete game, just that they could've done a lot more with it if they'd had the time. I'm not saying this game is really good, but it is really interesting, and of course that's not going to be the case for everyone either.

7 chapters in, I'm enjoying this game. Neither the narrative nor the combat are really anything special, but I like the television show style presentation and how laidback it is. The music is pretty good too.

Shizuka

PSOne Classics

Armored Core

PS2 Classic

Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore

PS4 Games

Arcade Archives: Mat Mania Exciting Hour
Bloodborne
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Life is Strange Episode 2
Metal Slug 3
Slender: The Arrival
Yorbie Episode One Paybacks a Bolt

PS3 Games

Life is Strange Episode 2
Metal Slug 3

Vita Games

2013 Infected Wars
Damascus Gear
LEGO Ninjago Shadow of Ronin
Metal Slug 3

PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: March 24th 2015.

Shizuka

- Is Home worth it? Thinking of getting it to play until Bloodborne is released...

Get Dead Nation. PS4 version won't give you Vita version, though. You'll need to get PS3 or Vita version to actually get the Vita version.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wild Arms is worth it for the opening theme alone. 2 isn't bad either. BoF IV is a gorgeous game. X4 is good, X5 is bad but easily worth that price.

SerTapTap

Wild Arms 1&2 are pretty good, solid but not spectacular PS1 style JRPGs. Turns, overworld map, all that. Biggest twist is it has a fair amount of puzzles (especially in 2 IIRC), also an autofight system which is a godsend for grinding/boring fights. I enjoyed them both.

Home is alright, it's like a horror game without jumpscares or monsters...the horror is mostly in finding out the story, which I guess changes depending on what evidence you inspect/ignore and your choices. It's an interesting experiment, worth the $1 but it's like an hour long, not super amazing, and highly experimental.

If you want to see crazy weird shit I highly recommend Noby Noby Boy. It's by Katamari's Creator and is basically twice as weird but much much less of a standard game--you just go around and see weird shit and poke around at it. You can eat people then poop them into space

wilflare

Congrats to all winners again :D
please play it

A-Dark-Injection claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) key. There were 3 entrants.
HypnoDarkrai claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) key. There were 8 entrants.
Shizuka claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #2 key. There were 10 entrants.
kevin1025 claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (NA) #3 key. There were 5 entrants.
CaptainTiptop claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #2 key. There were 2 entrants.
YianGaruga claimed your Soldner X2 Vita (EU) #3 key. There were 4 entrants.

and I forgot to mention.. if the code is unclaimed after the raffle time... it's free for all :/
oh well

enjoy yourself - I'm gonna break my wallet at the flash sale

Shizuka

and I forgot to mention.. if the code is unclaimed after the raffle time... it's free for all :/
oh well

I don't know what that means, but just in case, I redeemed the code through the webstore in class now. Just noticed that it comes with the DLC as well! That's awesome!

You can ask Sony support to remove specific PS+ games from your account

Just to report my personal experience today: the support line guy said they couldn't do it because the PS+ free licenses are "coded weirdly" and removing one could damage my whole account.

(Something on PSN being coded weirdly, I can believe that.)

So, I dunno. I assume it's worked for other people in the past.

SerTapTap

Just to report my personal experience today: the support line guy said they couldn't do it because the PS+ free licenses are "coded weirdly" and removing one could damage my whole account.

(Something on PSN being coded weirdly, I can believe that.)

So, I dunno. I assume it's worked for other people in the past.

Coded weirdly sounds about right. Oh well, if anyone has differing/similar experiences speak up. Maybe they don't do it anymore or I heard wrong.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't know how anyone could think X3 or X4 are better than X5. :|||

...by playing them? You do realize you're absolutely in the minority here. X4 is beloved by most (I think its pretty good myself) and X3 isn't as good as X2 or X but is still in the top half of the series.

You should give Dead Nation and Home a try, they're good games for less than a dollar.

I got Dead nation since it's only half a buck + tales of mutant blobs. Strange, I remember playing mutant blobs, and I ragequitted that game before. Since everyone seems to like Megaman X4 that's the final piece of my purchases. With this the psn credits I loaded up during the 3rd vita sale is now exhausted. (What else can you buy @ 0.15$ LOL)

Will lurk or just post impressions of previously bought games now, will be back when SAO:LS drops.

Christian

I have physical PSone Klonoa and Wii Klonoa. But less than a dollar for possibly the all-around best PSone game? I can buy it a fourth time.

SerTapTap

I dunno how you all can live without cash in your PSN wallet/just using paypal/a credit card. I can't imagine buying a PSN card for every sale/game I want.

I know it's going to sell terribly, but Rack N Ruin (PS4, PC) is pretty fun. I'll have a video out near release (it's releasing next to Axiom Verge on the 31st). It's a topdown game with bits of Zelda and a dodging focus kinda like a shoot 'em up. You're a little demon bringing ruin to a world that's sort of interconnected like a Zelda map. It's not bad. I don't think anyone's heard of it though.

It's not under a formal embargo if anyone has questions. I'm only an hour in though

Maid

Banned
more codes for everyone - and please thank the @eastasiasoft guys instead! they provided these codes :D
added the NOLURKERS rule so hopefully the regulars can get a chance!

for those lurking, don't be shy! just post at least 5 times here :D[/URL]
Why would you post this in 2:00 AM, wil? ;_;

I want that Monkey Island bundle, but then I remember I have no PS3 anymore. What do.
I guess Goldzuka is a thing. As soon as I get home, I'll edit the image to fit 100x120 (maybe remove the "Goldzuka" from the image) and I'll use it.
I can't look straight at you anymore. It hurts my eyes.

I dunno how you all can live without cash in your PSN wallet/just using paypal/a credit card. I can't imagine buying a PSN card for every sale/game I want.
Well someone in my country sells 100$ US PSN cards for around 80$ so I usually just buy it from him for a single huge purchase blowout. That way I can check and see my purchases. Been burned by buying multiple PSN credits and letting them stay on my account, making me buy something I don't like. So in a way, its a form of control.

SerTapTap

I just buy them on black friday or in good deals. I've gotten in on a couple of 20% off deals at eBay, like PS+ there's almost always something for black friday

Sarcasm

I hate having money in my PSN. Even steam wallet too. Cause its real money but not since you can only use it for this specific purpose and not say anything you want.

Top Bottom