• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Maid

Banned
I hate having money in my PSN. Even steam wallet too. Cause its real money but not since you can only use it for this specific purpose and not say anything you want.

Either way you know you're going to use it for sure, so why not. Especially when you can get them for the discount.

Tohsaka

I hate having money in my PSN. Even steam wallet too. Cause its real money but not since you can only use it for this specific purpose and not say anything you want.

Yeah, I added $5 to my wallet so I could buy BoF 4 for 96 cents. At least the rest will go towards Axiom Verge soon enough.

Hello, has anyone here played God Eater 2 vanilla? I'm playing an import copy of GE 2: Rage Burst for review and I'm countering a bunch of texture pop ins, and they are very annoying.
I want to know if this was a problem in the vanilla version as well.

Shizuka

I got Dead nation since it's only half a buck + tales of mutant blobs. Strange, I remember playing mutant blobs, and I ragequitted that game before. Since everyone seems to like Megaman X4 that's the final piece of my purchases. With this the psn credits I loaded up during the 3rd vita sale is now exhausted. (What else can you buy @ 0.15$ LOL)

Will lurk or just post impressions of previously bought games now, will be back when SAO:LS drops.

You should show up more often, Cardinal.

Shizuka, your avatar shines as bright as ever.

2ee.jpg

I can't look straight at you anymore. It hurts my eyes.

Thanks guys!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hello, has anyone here played God Eater 2 vanilla? I'm playing an import copy of GE 2: Rage Burst for review and I'm countering a bunch of texture pop ins, and they are very annoying.
I want to know if this was a problem in the vanilla version as well.

Just ignore it, since remember its still a game that had to share code with the psp version.

At least until you reach the Rage Burst content anyways.

Hikami

and.. Persona 4 Golden completed~

Man, wasn't expecting the game to have that much more extra content over the PS2 version. It's a good thing I forgot most of the story since I last played it too. What a ride.
Now back to waiting for P5..

and.. Persona 4 Golden completed~

Man, wasn't expecting the game to have that much more extra content over the PS2 version. It's a good thing I forgot most of the story since I last played it too. What a ride.
Now back to waiting for P5..
Playing a Persona game a second, third, forth, etc time around, although great, just doesn't feel the same as when you are experiencing everything for the first time ever. The laughter, the sadness, the shock, the anger... I can't wait for Persona 5 because of that. Heck, as far as I am concerned, I feel like the latest trailer showed the perfect amount of content. Gimme a release date and leave me in the dark until the game drops, let me find everything on my own.

i bought Dead Nartion AE earlier but it won't add to my download list or get out of "buyable" status on the store.

I was able to DL it on the PS4, off the on-system store page, but it's worrying that it's not in my DL history.

autoduelist

I dunno how you all can live without cash in your PSN wallet/just using paypal/a credit card. I can't imagine buying a PSN card for every sale/game I want.

I know it's going to sell terribly, but Rack N Ruin (PS4, PC) is pretty fun. I'll have a video out near release (it's releasing next to Axiom Verge on the 31st). It's a topdown game with bits of Zelda and a dodging focus kinda like a shoot 'em up. You're a little demon bringing ruin to a world that's sort of interconnected like a Zelda map. It's not bad. I don't think anyone's heard of it though.

It's not under a formal embargo if anyone has questions. I'm only an hour in though

I remember being drawn to this game when they first announced it and really enjoying the video trailer. any more info you can shed on it quality wise would be great -- i like your taste in games of this style.

i'm sort of the opposite. i like to hoard any cards i can find and try to avoid converting them to wallet money for as long as possible. sometimes i'll even spend real money off a cc rather than use a card i have in my cabinet. having the cards as backup just feels good for when a big sale comes up. I also try to get the cards when they're 20% off (or at least 10%).

vita has made me into a digital hoarder. i suppose steam too, though i don't even look at, let alone play, most of my steam games.

Maid

Banned
i'm sort of the opposite. i like to hoard any cards i can find and try to avoid converting them to wallet money for as long as possible. sometimes i'll even spend real money off a cc rather than use a card i have in my cabinet. having the cards as backup just feels good for when a big sale comes up. I also try to get the cards when they're 20% off (or at least 10%).

vita has made me into a digital hoarder. i suppose steam too, though i don't even look at, let alone play, most of my steam games.

I wish I could find any deal like that at my local scenes. Whenever there is one, it's US only.

wilflare

Well someone in my country sells 100$ US PSN cards for around 80$ so I usually just buy it from him for a single huge purchase blowout. That way I can check and see my purchases. Been burned by buying multiple PSN credits and letting them stay on my account, making me buy something I don't like. So in a way, its a form of control.

man - can I ask you to help me get them? $80 for $100 is good VERY GOOD

I just buy them on black friday or in good deals. I've gotten in on a couple of 20% off deals at eBay, like PS+ there's almost always something for black friday

eBay has tons of restrictions though :/

I feel like I should buy at least one game from that sale but I know I'll never play what ever game I buy.... decisions decisions...
Then Don't. Seriously Don't buy anything. A nice small coffee or bread could be in your hand and you'll use rather than sit on a game and don't play it. Believe me you don't want to be tempted into buying something and regret it later. Even for a couple of bucks.
I've actually had like 7 USD in my PSN for over 5 years..lol. Haven't used it -.-
I don't know whether to be amazed or shocked on how you can resist spending that 7$ for five years.
You should show up more often, Cardinal.
I should be able to after this upcoming week. I just need to tie up some more school works + a meeting or two in work and I'll have a nice weekend cleared up for games and other hobbies.

Just ignore it, since remember its still a game that had to share code with the psp version.

At least until you reach the Rage Burst content anyways.

That's kind of bugging me, they should have at least put in the effort to fix that issue with this version.

How long until I reach the Rage Burst content? Is it post game content or does it unlock after a certain chapter?

Bowl0l

US goes completely sale crazy and EU pretty much has nothing on sale this week. They didn't even refresh their bi-weekly deals that they started this year. It's great that it's easy to use both stores but still, one group always kind of feels like second class users.
If you think Europe is 2nd class, come over to PSN Asia. It's worse...

wilflare

Always forgetting about that region makes me feel bad. :( I'm sorry. I know the culture of sales and game pricing is very different there, at least from what I know of Japan.

PSN Japan is totally separate from PSN Asia
we are like an unwanted stepchild.

---
Anyone bought stuff from Amazon JP and used Tenso before? I bought a high capacity battery (for the WiiU) which Tenso can't ship back... so I have no idea what to do or how Amazon JP return policy is like

autoduelist

Then Don't. Seriously Don't buy anything. A nice small coffee or bread could be in your hand and you'll use rather than sit on a game and don't play it. Believe me you don't want to be tempted into buying something and regret it later. Even for a couple of bucks.

I tend to regret missing sales more than i do spending a buck or two on something. I forget about the money quickly once it's gone, but as soon as the sale is over if I skipped something I often kick myself for not grabbing it. But my backlog is oppressive at this point and really I should just stop buying games for 5 years, but that's not going to happen.

I tend to regret missing sales more than i do spending a buck or two on something. I forget about the money quickly once it's gone, but as soon as the sale is over if I skipped something I often kick myself for not grabbing it. But my backlog is oppressive at this point and really I should just stop buying games for 5 years, but that's not going to happen.

I do too but seeing the backlog get trimmed over all the platforms I have gives me satisfaction that can easily overcome the thirst for new games. Getting older, I now see the value of money that I generally spend on necessities and hobbies. So doing things that can make me get the best value from a purchase is now my priority. I do realize some like to collect things too, but collecting digital goods that can be erased or gone the second a company implodes sounds like a bad impulsive decision to me.

Sorry to be such a downer, but work + school at the same time opened my eyes a little bit to earning a salary / value of the ever depreciating money.

kurahador

Finally bought the last Gravity Rush DLC (seriously...why is it $4 each instead of $3??) together with a bunch of games on flash sale.

Now I can proceed to finish Gravity Rush without my DLC OCD spoiling the mood.

VLiberty

I got Dead nation since it's only half a buck + tales of mutant blobs. Strange, I remember playing mutant blobs, and I ragequitted that game before. Since everyone seems to like Megaman X4 that's the final piece of my purchases. With this the psn credits I loaded up during the 3rd vita sale is now exhausted. (What else can you buy @ 0.15$ LOL)

Will lurk or just post impressions of previously bought games now, will be back when SAO:LS drops.

Are you sure you aren't mixing it with Mutant Mudds? Mutant Blobs Attack isn't hard.

Parakeetman

That's kind of bugging me, they should have at least put in the effort to fix that issue with this version.

How long until I reach the Rage Burst content? Is it post game content or does it unlock after a certain chapter?

Its like waaaaaay later in the game.

Since I consider us all a big family here on this thread, seeing "I'm a lonely old gamer" on the Gaming side made me realize how this person thought he was all alone, and felt too old to be playing games. Tons of people have showed up, have related to him and given him some kind words about how he really isn't alone.

This made me curious about everyone here. Of course, don't disclose personal details, but, who are we? What do we do outside of gaming?

As for myself, just to start things off, I'm a 20 year old Portuguese guy, soon to be 21, currently living in Canada. I have a really Portuguese name that most can't say properly, hence why my nickname is names2hard4you aha. I am now getting a degree and hope to become a Software Developer, I have grown to like Web design/development. Being a Starbucks barista part time is what pays the bills, and keeps the games coming in lol.

How about you guys? Again, don't disclose anything that you aren't comfortable with, but I thought since the weekends are slow, it would be nice to have a conversation like this.

How about you guys? Again, don't disclose anything that you aren't comfortable with, but I thought since the weekends are slow, it would be nice to have a conversation like this.

21, Filipino. A student studying to become a Psychologist while also sidelining at a personnel management firm. I'm basically doing what I should do after graduation, but with lesser pay than my colleagues since I can't commit full time to my job. Haven't played alot for the past six months since I'm slugging through the final years of school so I'm a bit cranky at times.
Cardinalmind came from:
the Cardinal - a mascot of my former school that I've left since it's so hectic and expensive +
mind - to make me remember I usually deal with in my profession (the brain, mind whatever you call it).

Maid

Banned

I'm not sure I have anything interesting to share. Just another 28 years old salaryman obsessed with gaming. Currently studying and training something that I have never thought I would be interested in, digital painting, in hope that one day I could make a living with it and quit the boring life I am now.

Being a big fan of Japanese culture and the otaku scene (not the Japan itself, strangely enough), I've spent quite a lot of time for anime, manga, game, light novel and even history. My name is also one of my fetish, lol.

RK128

Why not :)? Been part of this forum for almost two years at this point, so its only fair you guys know a bit more about me :D.

My name is Rob and I am 20 (turning 21 in June), currently attending Adelphi University and majoring in English while also being part of the college's STEP program (its teaching program). I'm pushing to become a special education teacher because I can give back to the people that helped me so much when I was very young (for a good chunk of my life, I was in Special Ed, so when I finally got out of it, I felt that thanks to the help I got from my teachers, family and friends, I should give that back :D).

That is why I love video games so much....as my problems effected my enjoyment of video games when I was little. I owned a lot of consoles I wish I still own now; a PlayStation 1, Dreamcast, GBC, Nintendo 64 and PlayStation 2. I bought back a PS2 in 2005 and a majority of the GBC/PS1 games I played I can play on my Vita/3DS (thanks to the E-Shop) but I feel horrible about missing out on some utter classics when I had the means to play them when I was little X(. My frustration problems were so bad I snapped the game disks in half XD; when I got stuck in the first level of Spyro 1.....I just broke the disk :l.....

I guess why I love my Vita so much now is because I can experience a lot of games I missed out on when I was little, and it also introduced me to franchises and series I never even considered trying out in the past; Hyperdemention Neptuina, Persona, SMT, Metal Gear Solid, Castlevanna, Silent Hill, and many others I first experienced with my Vita....and I am very happy I did so :').

Gotta thank Vita Gaf for selling me on a Vita in the first place (as I was a lurker well before I was a junior member here) and I also have to thank the community for being so cool to me :D. You guys are awesome and I am very honored to be part of Vita Gaf, so lets hope for another great year for the Vita!

Edit: My user name came from what I called myself on the Sonic Stadium; thought it rang a nice tune, so I kept it when registering here :).

maouvin

Don't worry man, BrazilGAF is here to say your real name properly!

----

28, brazilian, banking, degree in information systems, graduate in information security, and then I took a break from studying. I really like playing bass, but since I have no time to join a band (busy during weekdays. travel a lot on weekends to visit my gf and family/old friends) I'm just doing classes to keep my fingers in shape.

As "Vincent" is super-generic (and has nothing to do with my real name, mind you), I needed to change it to something more unique. Grabbed the "maou" (魔王) from my addiction to Nippon Icchi, shortened the rest, glued them together and called it a day.

SerTapTap

This made me curious about everyone here. Of course, don't disclose personal details, but, who are we? What do we do outside of gaming?

I'm 24 (25 next month), American, people have a lot of trouble with my name as well (my first name is a last name and if you butcher it, my last name is a first name). I've got bachelors degrees in Informatics (with a Human Computer Interaction cognate) and Psychology. I'm a systems analyst/programmer though I'd love to be self employed writing/making videos/doing freelance programing or UX design. Probably hard to believe with my post count but I'm generally extremely shy.

I remember being drawn to this game when they first announced it and really enjoying the video trailer. any more info you can shed on it quality wise would be great -- i like your taste in games of this style.

Regarding Rack N Ruin, it's good, the art is pretty good, animations aren't super-high quality but are alright--very little "paper dolling" (one large boss had some apparent paper doll action going on but normal enemies don't). It's got this sarcastic hero thing going on, he doesn't have too many amazing one liners but it's endearing enough if you like that sort of thing. I thought the art looked weird at first but it's grown on me. Note I'm only an hour in.

As for the Zelda elements, there are some minor move-the-block puzzles and certain major items progress-gate you, but it's a somewhat minor inclusion. I couldn't call it a Zelda clone but certain parts will remind you of it. Also kind of like Zelda, the world is a lot smaller than it seems at first, once you're familiar with where to go it takes mere minutes to get almost anywhere on the map sort of like Link Between Worlds.

It's also not a shmup, but has some familiar elements; combat is more about dodging than full-bore attacking and just tanking hits. It's not bullet hell but there's some mild-moderate complexity bullet patterns that are fun but not particularly hard to dodge. Attacks work either by firing in the direction you're moving or by following your lock-on, letting you focus on dodging almost all of the time, depending on weapon.

It kind of plays and looks like one of those SNES top-down adventure games had the genre been transplanted into modern day with modern 2D graphics. Also, it's apparently made in Unity and I never would have guessed (well if not for the big Made In Unity splash screen). I thought Unity sucked for 2D but it works fine here--who knows how it looks under the hood but gameplay-wise it's fine.

bobohoro

How about you guys?

26 years old, living in Austria and working on my master thesis on some funky finance stuff. It's pretty much all I'm doing right now, that and playing MH4U. Won't change for the coming months, will just substitute some video game time for playing golf once this fucking snow has finally vanished.

Yes I'm living in the alps and can't stand the winter.

Bobohoro started out as bob, which has nothing to do with my real name, but was chosen when I started lurking on the internet around the age of 12. I was an enormous Primus fan back then (still am) and this song was also one of the prime reasons to take up bass playing. Since bob was taken on most websites, I needed something less common.

Parakeetman

Geez, this game has a butt load of content lol now I feel like I won't be able to accurately review the game until I reach the Rage Burst content lol

Basically yes. You need to get to the RB content if you really want to review the game. Its not a title that you can exactly rush through like most titles in the hunting genre.

But at least this one has a story to go along with progression so it makes it more bearable for some folks.

The fact the DLC is included in the game too adds even more content.

antibolo

Banned
At 32 I'm probably the oldest VitaGAF regular.

French Canadian living in Montréal, working as a software engineer. Starting to hate my current job, seriously thinking about quitting it all and becoming an indie game developer.

Basically yes. You need to get to the RB content if you really want to review the game. Its not a title that you can exactly rush through like most titles in the hunting genre.

But at least this one has a story to go along with progression so it makes it more bearable for some folks.

The fact the DLC is included in the game too adds even more content.

As of now, I'm just playing through every single mission. So it looks like I won't come back to grind out materials until I reach the Rage Burst content

I love hunting games so luckily this isn't a chore, I'll gladly play through the game again if it gets localized. This time at my own pace of course.

My real take away from GE2 is the amount of characters it has, the cast is effin huge!

Parakeetman

As of now, I'm just playing through every single mission. So it looks like I won't come back to grind out materials until I reach the Rage Burst content

I love hunting games so luckily this isn't a chore, I'll gladly play through the game again if it gets localized. This time at my own pace of course.

My real take away from GE2 is the amount of characters it has, the cast is effin huge!

That it is. Plus all the extra side story content with them is appreciated. As helps to flesh them out a bit better rather that just appearing in main scenes and stuff.

Yasumi

Banned
Whoa, you can take screenshots in Klonoa. Wonder how many other PS1 games allow it.

Top of page: Buy Klonoa for less than a dollar.

Top Bottom