• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Do you get used to the awful camera/motion blur in FF Type 0? I seriously have a headache from the first 15 minutes of gameplay. Have Square responded to this? This is completely absurd. I've never gotten motion sickness from games, but this just hurts.

Pretty much why I can't play this game on my TV. It doesn't look as bad on the Vita ironically.

RK128

Do you get used to the awful camera/motion blur in FF Type 0? I seriously have a headache from the first 15 minutes of gameplay. Have Square responded to this? This is completely absurd. I've never gotten motion sickness from games, but this just hurts.

I don't get why that is happening :(. Could it be an after effect from porting the game from PSP to PS4? I know engines that work on one thing might work odd on another platform, so maybe that is what is happening here?

Sorry the camera is working like crap for you TapTap X(.

Pretty much why I can't play this game on my TV. It doesn't look as bad on the Vita ironically.

Almost as if the game was telling you it should of been a Vita game :D! ....Guess the game really is a typo then XD!
I'm sorry X(.

I don't get why that is happening :(. Could it be an after effect from porting the game from PSP to PS4? I know engines that work on one thing might work odd on another platform, so maybe that is what is happening here?

Nah they used it on purpose. I'm guessing to add a speed looking effect to the gameplay. It might also be used to hide away imperfections while on the move. I really don't know, but that and the sensitivity of the camera make it a pretty atrocious experience on the big screen. I played for an hour and felt so dizzy...

Almost as if the game was telling you it should of been a Vita game :D! ....Guess the game really is a typo then XD!
I'm sorry X(.
To make things even better, the controls are pretty much right there for the Vita. You don't use the L3/R3 and L2/R2 at all in the game. It's kind of a kick in the nuts if you ask me lol.

ascii42

I recently heard tell that LEGO Batman 3 is actually more similar to the console version than the 3DS game. I'm guessing that's not true, based on your response?
It's definitely a step up from previous Lego games on the system. Not sure if it's different from the 3DS or if they finally realized both systems were more capable than the DS.

So they did not disable remote play? I am surprised they did not since they wanted it to be a Ps4/One game so much.
Like I said on my previous post, everything indicates that this thing was made to be played on it. Heck, even the font looks weird. For those of you with a PSTV, you will know what I mean, when you go to a menu and see how weirdly huge the letters are on the screen, due to it being blown up and all. The same thing happens with Type-0, except this is a PS4 game lol...

RK128

Like I said on my previous post, everything indicates that this thing was made to be played on it. Heck, even the font looks weird. For those of you with a PSTV, you will know what I mean, when you go to a menu and see how weirdly huge the letters are on the screen, due to it being blown up and all. The same thing happens with Type-0, except this is a PS4 game lol...

...Is it possible that Typo-0 was meant to be a Vita game along but due to either business reasons (lack of sales) or for testing out a new engine for the likely Typo-1, they put it on X1/PS4 instead :(.

Well, it just makes things better for me at least, as it was one less game to buy for my Vita :D. Guess the Jak Collection, Neptunia Rebirth 1 and the other stuff I got recently replaces this in my book :).

...Is it possible that Typo-0 was meant to be a Vita game along but due to either business reasons (lack of sales) or for testing out a new engine for the likely Typo-1, they put it on X1/PS4 instead :(.

Well, it just makes things better for me at least, as it was one less game to buy for my Vita :D. Guess the Jak Collection, Neptunia Rebirth 1 and the other stuff I got recently replaces this in my book :).
Honestly it could be possible. Or, and this one is the likeliest one, this is a PSP game, through and through, with just an HD coating on top. The camera speed being this ridiculous could be due to the fact that all they did was put the directional controls on the right analog stick, just like you can on a Vita. Then, they uprezed the game, changed the playable character models to the ones they use in the cutscenes (leaving the unimportant characters untouched, creating this jarring parity between character looks), adjusted the difficulty, and called it a day. It certainly took work to do all of this, but they could have done so much more. I for one don't even know how they could ship the game with the camera and blur being the way they are now.

SerTapTap

Might be why the camera itself is fucky (might not have been designed with such degrees of freedom in mind, hence the lock-on stuff), but the motion blur seems added--was it in the PSP game? Even if so, disappointing they didn't remove it. Birth By Sleep and God of War Collection are way better PSP remasters control/camera wise. And IMO they look better, other than some overstated Next Gen effects on Type Zero.

RK128

Honestly it could be possible. Or, and this one is the likeliest one, this is a PSP game, through and through, with just an HD coating on top. The camera speed being this ridiculous could be due to the fact that all they did was put the directional controls on the right analog stick, just like you can on a Vita. Then, they uprezed the game, changed the playable character models to the ones they use in the cutscenes (leaving the unimportant characters untouched, creating this jarring parity between character looks), adjusted the difficulty, and called it a day. It certainly took work to do all of this, but they could have done so much more. I for one don't even know how they could ship the game with the camera and blur being the way they are now.

Considering I don't own a PS4, I cant really give a great comment on the game :l. But, like you said, if that is all they did....then Square was really riding on the FFXV Demo to sell this thing :l.

If all this was is a PSP game, then they could have put a damn translated version of it on PSN for Vita owners X(! We've seen new PSP games still land on PSN to this day (Branish comes to mind for example), so Square doing that wouldn't be that crazy. Besides, they promised that they were listening to the fans who waited a very long time for this to come over to the states and....they did so with a so-so uprezzed on the PS4 :l.

....Could Sony and Microsoft play a role in this too? We know they would want a full-on FF game on their consoles and having that so soon would make them look better I guess :l.

Either way, the game came over to the US/EU at least, so even if it is a so-so effort, at least it came here at all. It is a shame though that Square didn't work with the fans to bring this over, as other JP publishes like Sega did this in the past (Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 Remasters on mobile); could have been a really cool thing for them to do :D. This could have even fostered a new localization team for Square today (in helping localizing iOS/Mobile games to Vita/3DS and games like FFXV/KH3 for PS4/X1).

Oh well, this is Square we are talking about after all X(.

Considering I don't own a PS4, I cant really give a great comment on the game :l. But, like you said, if that is all they did....then Square was really riding on the FFXV Demo to sell this thing :l.

If all this was is a PSP game, then they could have put a damn translated version of it on PSN for Vita owners X(! We've seen new PSP games still land on PSN to this day (Branish comes to mind for example), so Square doing that wouldn't be that crazy. Besides, they promised that they were listening to the fans who waited a very long time for this to come over to the states and....they did so with a so-so uprezzed on the PS4 :l.

....Could Sony and Microsoft play a role in this too? We know they would want a full-on FF game on their consoles and having that so soon would make them look better I guess :l.

Either way, the game came over to the US/EU at least, so even if it is a so-so effort, at least it came here at all. It is a shame though that Square didn't work with the fans to bring this over, as other JP publishes like Sega did this in the past (Sonic CD, Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 Remasters on mobile); could have been a really cool thing for them to do :D. This could have even fostered a new localization team for Square today (in helping localizing iOS/Mobile games to Vita/3DS and games like FFXV/KH3 for PS4/X1).

Oh well, this is Square we are talking about after all X(.
Wasn't there a rumour that Type-0 had been localized and had all of the voice work done for the PSP, but never got released?

nampad

Finished Counterspy today and the only positive thing I can say about the game is that the cold war spy parody is funny and resulted in a nice art style.
The gameplay is quite mediocre and doesn't change at all from the first level on. With the mechanics being so easy, it isn't really that interesting. From a technical perspective, the game isn't a huge looker and has some framerate problems. I wouldn't go as far as to call it unplayable or a horrible port as some did because the framerate issues don't really affect the gameplay. The loading times are also quite long.

The game is also very short, which isn't bad in itself but the game launched at €12.99 which is quite steep. Overall, I would say this was a barely a 6/10 because I liked the presentation.

RK128

Wasn't there a rumour that Type-0 had been localized and had all of the voice work done for the PSP, but never got released?

That could be the case, as I recall hearing that exact thing being stated during one of the early interviews of the Typo-0 HD last year I think :l.

If that was the case, then I don't get why they didn't put the PSP version on PSN for Vita owners; could have sold extra copies, made the fans happy, avoid that shit storm that happened last E3 (oh man....how crazy that was X(), and give them more money for Typo-1.

Yes but it wasn't released due to rampant piracy the psp had.
Which makes sense, but leads me to thinking that...

That could be the case, as I recall hearing that exact thing being stated during one of the early interviews of the Typo-0 HD last year I think :l.

If that was the case, then I don't get why they didn't put the PSP version on PSN for Vita owners; could have sold extra copies, made the fans happy, avoid that shit storm that happened last E3 (oh man....how crazy that was X(), and give them more money for Typo-1.
... yes they could have done this easily for just a few extra bones. They would literally lose nothing, but whatever. We are talking about S-E here, nothing makes sense with these guys anymore. To think my favourite company from back in the day is what it is now... It's kinda sad.

RK128

... yes they could have done this easily for just a few extra bones. They would literally lose nothing, but whatever. We are talking about S-E here, nothing makes sense with these guys anymore. To think my favourite company from back in the day is what it is now... It's kinda sad.

Thank god for FFXV, FF A Realm Reborn and the Kingdom Hearts games then :D. Many seem to really love the FFXV demo, the Realm Reborn reboot was successful and the KH series, while out their story wise, still is a quality series :).

But yah, it seems that many JP studios from the past aside from Nintendo and Sony are just backwards X(. That whole business with Kojima leaving Konami really hits that home for me :(.

Maid

Banned
Might be why the camera itself is fucky (might not have been designed with such degrees of freedom in mind, hence the lock-on stuff), but the motion blur seems added--was it in the PSP game? Even if so, disappointing they didn't remove it. Birth By Sleep and God of War Collection are way better PSP remasters control/camera wise. And IMO they look better, other than some overstated Next Gen effects on Type Zero.

How do you sell a $60 Vita game? By making it a PS4 game and promote remoteplay.

header.jpg

Not buying unless it's this.

BQnozqJ.png

Chuy

Essentially it was so people would buy the game for the FFXV demo. I mean there's a large demand for the game so including a playable demo of it with Type-0 is guaranteed to boost sale by a significant margin that wouldn't have been possible on vita.

I was at the The Drop blog post and saw there's a second Arcade Archives games coming out. Some wrestling game from Technos. Looks like trash. But it made me thing - why isn't the Rygar, the only other Arcade Archives games out in NA, in the flash sale? It's the only way a game like that is going to sell.

The bigger question is after Rygar why did they pick the least Western friendly game to bring over. City Connection, Renegade, Solomon’s Key, Double Dragon, Terra Cresta and Crazy Climber seem like the obvious ones old timers remember and would rebuy. Maybe they are trying to fill the hole that Nintendo created by not releasing Pro Wresting to the Virtual Console.

Tapejara

Picked up a bunch of stuff in the Flash Sale, including tons of PSOne Classics!

• Breath of Fire IV
  • Championship Bass
  • Dino Crisis
  • Dino Crisis 2 (I believe it's Jawmuncher who praises these games all of the time. Definitely convinced me to pick them up
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (easy platinum trophy)
  • Extreme Pinball
  • Hi-Octane
  • Klonoa (many of the posters in this thread seem to love it)
  • Magic Carpet
  • Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
  • Mega Man X4
  • Mega Man X5
  • Nuclear Strike
  • Populous: The Beginning
  • Sim Theme Park
  • Soviet Strike
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2

I was at the The Drop blog post and saw there's a second Arcade Archives games coming out. Some wrestling game from Technos. Looks like trash. But it made me thing - why isn't the Rygar, the only other Arcade Archives games out in NA, in the flash sale? It's the only way a game like that is going to sell.

I'd wager the Arcade Archives games sell well enough due to trophy hunters. The games are an easy 100%; I know that's the only reason I bought Rygar.

RK128

Picked up a bunch of stuff in the Flash Sale, including tons of PSOne Classics!

• Breath of Fire IV
  • Championship Bass
  • Dino Crisis
  • Dino Crisis 2 (I believe it's Jawmuncher who praises these games all of the time. Definitely convinced me to pick them up
  • Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard (easy platinum trophy)
  • Extreme Pinball
  • Hi-Octane
  • Klonoa (many of the posters in this thread seem to love it)
  • Magic Carpet
  • Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond
  • Mega Man X4
  • Mega Man X5
  • Nuclear Strike
  • Populous: The Beginning
  • Sim Theme Park
  • Soviet Strike
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2

I'd wager the Arcade Archives games sell well enough due to trophy hunters. The games are an easy 100%; I know that's the only reason I bought Rygar.

I highly recommend you also pick up Dead Head Fred :). For a dollar, it is a very good deal for a fun action/adventure game :D. A game with lots of humor and charm I find too alongside some really inventive mechanics using different heads.

Tapejara

I highly recommend you also pick up Dead Head Fred :). For a dollar, it is a very good deal for a fun action/adventure game :D. A game with lots of humor and charm I find too alongside some really inventive mechanics using different heads.

I'm actually trying to hunt down a physical copy! Saw it in a store a few years ago at clearance price and always regretted not picking it up.

RK128

I'm actually trying to hunt down a physical copy! Saw it in a store a few years ago at clearance price and always regretted not picking it up.

Well, for a dollar, it doesn't help getting the digital version :D. Good luck getting the physical version man :).

RK128

GIF-anxiety-excited-freaking-out-Kristen-Wiig-my-god-oh-my-god-OMG-shocked-GIF.gif

That was me right now playing Home on my Vita with headphones at night in the dark.

Didn't start the game yet (got it during the sale too :)), but is it as scary/unnerving as Lone Survivor? Remember getting that day-one of its launch and while I only put an hour into it, it was fantastic :D. Loved how Silent Hill-like the game was :D.

Shizuka

hmm what are you looking to buy?

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. I thought I'd have found it here by now, but I guess the stores here are not keen on stocking up on new Vita titles with the dollar being crazy strong compared to our currency.

Didn't start the game yet (got it during the sale too :)), but is it as scary/unnerving as Lone Survivor? Remember getting that day-one of its launch and while I only put an hour into it, it was fantastic :D. Loved how Silent Hill-like the game was :D.

It's eerie, that's the only thing I have to say. If you play it with the lights on, or during the day, or even without headphones, chances are it won't be that impactful.

RK128

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters. I thought I'd have found it here by now, but I guess the stores here are not keen on stocking up on new Vita titles with the dollar being crazy strong compared to our currency.

It's eerie, that's the only thing I have to say. If you play it with the lights on, or during the day, or even without headphones, chances are it won't be that impactful.

Will take that advice when I play it tomorrow :). Love games that make me jump sometimes (remember a recent time when I was playing Dead Space 1 on my PS3 and my mom just walked in when a necoromoph was attacking Issac and I almost jumped out of my chair XD!).

Also got Silent Hill 1 for my Vita and I really enjoy that one too :). The Vita is home to a number of horror-like games it seems :D.

Shizuka

Will take that advice when I play it tomorrow :). Love games that make me jump sometimes (remember a recent time when I was playing Dead Space 1 on my PS3 and my mom just walked in when a necoromoph was attacking Issac and I almost jumped out of my chair XD!).

Also got Silent Hill 1 for my Vita and I really enjoy that one too :). The Vita is home to a number of horror-like games it seems :D.

That said, what made me jump the most during the game were the
trophy sounds.
When you're too focused and concentrated, those will make you jump.

Tapejara

That said, what made me jump the most during the game were the
trophy sounds.
When you're too focused and concentrated, those will make you jump.

Home is pretty damn solid. It's a very different kind of horror compared to other games, and I liked some of the things the developer did with the narrative.

Also, RK128, I'm surprised by how much Silent Hill 1 holds up. I started it a while back, and it was pretty easy to get into. Never finished it because I was out of room on my memory card though :p.

RK128

Home is pretty damn solid. It's a very different kind of horror compared to other games, and I liked some of the things the developer did with the narrative.

Also, RK128, I'm surprised by how much Silent Hill 1 holds up. I started it a while back, and it was pretty easy to get into. Never finished it because I was out of room on my memory card though :p.

I was surprised myself; thought that the games so called 'tank controls' would have made things a pain to play but nope; everything controlled really well and the games atmosphere was....quite something O_O.

Didn't get that far in it, but I loved the first hour I put in to it :).

incpdo

So guys what do you expect (Vita wise) about this e3? Do you think there will be any big games announced for the device ? I'm not saying Sony games but at least any games from any company. Do you think, now that ps4 launch is over an all , Sony will have some space to talk about upcoming vita games? Do you think there will be any memory card price drop?

My only real hope is to see the new gravity rush and that the game will launch in both vita and ps4 versions.

Maid

Banned
So guys what do you expect (Vita wise) about this e3? Do you think there will be any big games announced for the device ?

I expect the big games we have on the PS4 are remote-playable. That's the most optimism thing I could think of.

E3 isn't really something worth looking forward to for niche titles, and if you still think Vita will get "big" titles you're deluding yourself. The announcements of Vita titles I want usually just happen at random times throughout the year.

So guys what do you expect (Vita wise) about this e3? Do you think there will be any big games announced for the device?

Can they finally release the tetris ultimate game from Ubisoft shown last e3? Seeing they own the worldwide license and Puyo Puyo x Tetris is a Japanese galapagos title, I just a native tetris app in my life. Importing Puyo x Tetris is not feasible for me right now.

Some new indie game from them. Unless they've managed to get Telltale to port their Game of Thrones game I'm expecting just a token annoucement for the vita.

Tapejara

Normally, I'd agree that we won't hear anything about the Vita at E3 (except for indies, which Sony will want to showcase on PS4); but PSX proved that fans being vocal will elicit a response from Sony. I'm not expecting anything big, maybe a port or two, but I doubt they're just going to avoid mentioning it like at gamescom. They'll try to throw us a bone, and we'll continue living in this weird limbo where Vita is still getting games/support, but not the kind of games/support that will keep it relevant and we're all somewhat okay with that.
Sony's whole approach to the Vita frustrates me to no end.

Hopefully Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will already be out by then...

besada

Banned
Holy crap Banned Game gets depressing in the Education block. Glad I stuck with it though, combat system takes a while to get going but it's cool.

Calling Criminal Girls "Banned Game" isn't actually fooling anyone. There are plenty of places you can discuss Criminal Girls, but NeoGAF isn't one of them. We made that pretty clear, so take discussion of the game elsewhere, thanks.

SerTapTap

How do you sell a $60 Vita game? By making it a PS4 game and promote remoteplay.

Is it actually less nauseating on the Vita? I don't see why it would be

Man, this Mega Man X4 game is pretty good after all

If you're playing as X don't forget to try Zero. Definitely my favorite gameplay style of the series. So glad we got a Zero spin off after the X series flew off the rails. Also I rather dislike the "boss order" stuff the older mega man games do where most of the bosses are a joke with the right ability. Zero (mostly) doesn't follow that pattern which is nice. Though a few bosses are clearly designed for X.

Calling Criminal Girls "Banned Game" isn't actually fooling anyone. There are plenty of places you can discuss Criminal Girls, but NeoGAF isn't one of them. We made that pretty clear, so take discussion of the game elsewhere, thanks.

Fine fine. It was always meant as a joke, not a trick. Last I read, making threads was banned not reference to the game itself, but I get it now.

Top Bottom