• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Where's the best place to buy UK psn cards online for someone in the US?

Need to buy DXC since it's only compatible with the UK version of it =/

Tizoc

...But I spent at least 70+ dollars to PSN this month already (plus I have to get a 3-Month voucher for PS+ soon too X()....I will get that latter though :). I really enjoy Metal Slug XX (got that as a PS+ tittle a while back :D), so I will get that for sure latter on :).

Spend more.
I didn't like MS7 (XX) that much tbh.

v1perz53

I cannot wait to play Metal Slug 3, I only wish I still lived with my brother so we could play together couch co-op. A place we went on vacation a lot as kids had one of those arcades that replaced the coin slots with a button so you could play for free, and we played the hell out of Metal Slug 3.

Tizoc

I cannot wait to play Metal Slug 3, I only wish I still lived with my brother so we could play together couch co-op. A place we went on vacation a lot as kids had one of those arcades that replaced the coin slots with a button so you could play for free, and we played the hell out of Metal Slug 3.

This is gonna be similar to the PC/Steam ver. so these would be my mine gripes if they hadn't fixed them
1- The Slug Kamikaze attack seems to be A+B, if you set A (Shoot) to rapid and don't let go when you jump you risk losing your Slug :/
2- Some SFX do not appear to be emulated properly
3- They changed the character select screen and replaced the OG art with generic animu looking one T,T

Otherwise, serviceable port, turn on scanlines to max and the game looks really good.

antibolo

Banned
I will never understand why the default control layout in Metal Slug assigns self-destruct to A+B, while the D button remains unused. I always reassign it to D, A+B makes no sense because it's basically impossible to not hit it by accident while you're shooting and jumping simultaneously.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Where's the best place to buy UK psn cards online for someone in the US?

Need to buy DXC since it's only compatible with the UK version of it =/
Isn't it compatible in the US?
Can't find Tokyo twilight ghosthunters on the EU store and it say that the release day was February 18th. Where is it?
It released March 13th, but the Vita version is lost somewhere at SCEE I guess.

2013 Infected looks pretty good. Will give it a blind buy.

Damascus Gears looks terrible but will probably buy anyway depending on price. I assume a game looking this bad must be licensed stuff for something I just don't recognize.

Borderlands looks tempting so I can finish my Vita save. I should just use the PS3 version but maybe $60 just so it runs smoothly because even the PS3 version grinds down.

SerTapTap

I was supposed to get a review copy of that Yorbie game, looked okay not amazing from the preview stuff. I dunno if I still am at this point or what, but if I do I'll let you all know what I think. I was spoiled by some devs getting review copies up over a month in advance, but console or no you never know with indies.

Still dunno about getting bloodborne myself. Love the art, monster & world design, the length and difficulty are personally off putting though. So I might get nothing this week. I already have Metal Slug 3 on PC.

I was supposed to get a review copy of that Yorbie game, looked okay not amazing from the preview stuff. I dunno if I still am at this point or what, but if I do I'll let you all know what I think. I was spoiled by some devs getting review copies up over a month in advance, but console or no you never know with indies.

Still dunno about getting bloodborne myself.
Love the art, monster & world design, the length and difficulty are personally off putting though. So I might get nothing this week. I already have Metal Slug 3 on PC.

I do not know why but this hurts me deeply.

Dsyndrome

AC: Unity's $20 for the PS4 version now on Amazon, that sunk fast. Debating on if I jump on that or get it on Steam. Only thing keeping both versions of Bloodborne from being the top games hourly.

Vylash

Still dunno about getting bloodborne myself. Love the art, monster & world design, the length and difficulty are personally off putting though. So I might get nothing this week. I already have Metal Slug 3 on PC.

header.jpg

v1perz53

Borderlands looks tempting so I can finish my Vita save. I should just use the PS3 version but maybe $60 just so it runs smoothly because even the PS3 version grinds down.

Well you put up with the Vita version so the PS3 version plays like a dream in comparison. But seriously, I have the platinum trophy for both BL2 and BL:TPS (played BL2 about 50/50 Vita and PS3) and I got the Handsome Collection to jump back in a bit. 1080p/60 FPS will be really nice, but honestly the things I am hoping most for are quicker save times (can't fast travel when saving) and maybe an increased FoV, though I'm not too hopeful on that one. I am assuming a lot of the chug from PS3 version will be fixed, and even targetting 60 FPS means the game will be much smoother and more responsive than on PS3.

Yorbie looks like Ikari Warriors or something. Would get on the Vita but PS4 has too much other good stuff. I just got Expendables 2 for a $1 so I think I am set on bad to mediocre twin stick shooters.

Went nuts on the flash sale and bought most everything except for the Telltale games:

Championship Bass - This was made when fishing games were actually good.

Extreme Pinball - The lag on the flippers on this is EXTREME. Nope.

Fighting Force - Amazingly bad. 3D Beatemup. Nope.

Some other games I have played on the sale previously:

Narco Terror- Twin stick shooter. Was OK until I ran into a bug that wouldn't let me continue and would just crash. Nope.

Super Pocket Tennis - OK but get Hot Shots Tennis instead.

Tennis in the Face - Get it. Angry Birds game worth the $1.

Flashback - NOPE. This game seems half finished.

Home – A Unique Horror Adventure - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PAYDAY The Heist - Much better than the second one. Get it.

Dead Head Fred - OK for the time but I am not sure this holds up.

Shizuka

Just plugged my PS3 to the living room's TV, downloaded the interesting PS+ games I've picked the last couple of months and bought Tokyo Jungle. Deadly Premonition, here I come!

Shinriji

This is gonna be similar to the PC/Steam ver. so these would be my mine gripes if they hadn't fixed them
1- The Slug Kamikaze attack seems to be A+B, if you set A (Shoot) to rapid and don't let go when you jump you risk losing your Slug :/
2- Some SFX do not appear to be emulated properly
3- They changed the character select screen and replaced the OG art with generic animu looking one T,T

Otherwise, serviceable port, turn on scanlines to max and the game looks really good.

The emulation of the video in the PS store looks pretty bad. Gonna wait and read impressions first.

Christian

I recently heard tell that LEGO Batman 3 is actually more similar to the console version than the 3DS game. I'm guessing that's not true, based on your response?

Anyone know how long it takes Game.co.uk to send out PSN codes? Thinking I should have just had someone get one for me on Amazon instead =/

autoduelist

Mat Mania was AWESOME when it came out in the arcades. Doubt it holds up, but that machine ate so many of my quarters.

You'll have no issue with the 'difficulty' of the Souls games / Bloodborne based on your established gaming habits here. It's not hard like, say, Ninja Gaiden is hard. You'll be fine. (basing off of D*souls, not BB... but point stands).

SerTapTap

Trying to make a guide is agony. Shouldn't have tried to make a map. At least I'm learning GIMP. Anyone made strategy guides before, any tips? I'm also unsure if I should post to Gamefaqs, I was kinda hoping to just post it to my own site, especially since the map is important.

Really wish Sony would make it easier to download psp dlc on the vita.

IS this even possible at present? I had to download PSP DLC along with my Forbidden Games last year, I thought basically all PSP DLC wasn't certified for Vita (even though it 100% works if you managed to download it in the great Forbidden Gamepocalypse)

You'll have no issue with the 'difficulty' of the Souls games / Bloodborne based on your established gaming habits here. It's not hard like, say, Ninja Gaiden is hard. You'll be fine. (basing off of D*souls, not BB... but point stands).

Hm, good to know (Ninja Gaiden is a pretty good measuring stick for "nope" IMO--fucking Alma, jesus). I hear both that Souls is very hard and that it's not as hard as people say. I'll take one more stab at Demons I guess and see what I think. I didn't do much beyond the tutorial honestly. It's reputation is both intriguing and discouraging.

RK128

Just a late heads up in case you guys didn't get the game, but Star Wars Battlefront 2 PSP works with the Vita :D! All you have to do is download it through PS3-to-Vita transfer and it will work fine.

Map the face buttons to the right stick and you have a okay version of a great PS2 game in your Vita :D.

Also played through Dead Head Fred for a bit (got through most of the intro level) and I find it to be quite fun :). The gameplay is a mix of a beat-em up, platformer and Zelda; you fight zombies and other creatures, use heads for both combat and to solve puzzles (ex: the Zombie Head lets you store things like Water or Wisky to interact with the fire) and their is limited platforming.

One big take away from the little I played was how creative and charming it it :). It is very funny, with a great intro cut scene showing this and the main character is a cool one (a un-dead detective who lost his head).

Overall, I enjoy it so far and I'm glad I was able to check out a PSP game I've always wanted to play, for a dollar no less :D! Only have the Dead Jr. games, Jak and Daxter: The Lost Fronter and UG&G left to pick up and I will own all the PSP games I wanted to check out in the past (got the God of War PSP games on both PS3 and Vita while having Birth By Sleep through the PS3 KH2.5 HD Remix).

Zhao_Yun

Hm, good to know (Ninja Gaiden is a pretty good measuring stick for "nope" IMO--fucking Alma, jesus). I hear both that Souls is very hard and that it's not as hard as people say. I'll take one more stab at Demons I guess and see what I think. I didn't do much beyond the tutorial honestly. It's reputation is both intriguing and discouraging.

Count me into the camp of people who think that the Souls games aren't that hard. Yes, you'll die very often but that's only because the game doesn't forgive too many mistakes and not because you lacked the mechanical skills. Games like Ninja Gaiden are a whole different beast in this regard.

Xenoflare

OK I have $20 and I'm debating if I want to get YS Celceta or Oreshika.

I know exactly what I'm getting for YS but Oreshika looks very interesting but at the same time I feel that I might be disappointed with it overall. So VitaGAF, if you were to choose, which one would you go with?

Looking forward to Bloodborne this week. I should try to finish Persona 3 FES before starting it though.

How far are you in Persona?

I know exactly what I'm getting for YS but Oreshika looks very interesting but at the same time I feel that I might be disappointed with it overall. So VitaGAF, if you were to choose, which one would you go with?

Of those choices I would go with Oreshika. If only to experience the music and beautiful art.

RK128

Well, the former is a much older game, so the chances of it going on sale for a even lower price is quite likely (and that might be very soon, considering Golden Week is sometime next month, and that is where a majority of JP Vita games go on sale :D).

The latter is a recent game, so the chances of it going on sale are less likely; you are getting a good deal here :). The game as a JRPG is a great value based on that name alone, but also having an interesting generation-passing system and great cell-shaded visuals help make the game interesting too.

Don't own it myself, so can't exactly recommend the game :(. But I do own Ys:MoC and I found that the game is damn good :D! Great soundtrack, a massive world to explore and fun combat make it a great game :). If you can't wait till Golden Week, it is a great purchase and I highly recommend it :).

Xenoflare

Well, the former is a much older game, so the chances of it going on sale for a even lower price is quite likely (and that might be very soon, considering Golden Week is sometime next month, and that is where a majority of JP Vita games go on sale :D).

The latter is a recent game, so the chances of it going on sale are less likely; you are getting a good deal here :). The game as a JRPG is a great value based on that name alone, but also having an interesting generation-passing system and great cell-shaded visuals help make the game interesting too.

Don't own it myself, so can't exactly recommend the game :(. But I do own Ys:MoC and I found that the game is damn good :D! Great soundtrack, a massive world to explore and fun combat make it a great game :). If you can't wait till Golden Week, it is a great purchase and I highly recommend it :).

Is the golden week sale almost warranted? It sounds like conjecture for the time being

Not that I don't want it to be true though. IIRC YS just received a price cut from $30 for $20 in Canada at least

RK128

Is the golden week sale almost warranted? It sounds like conjecture for the time being

Not that I don't want it to be true though. IIRC YS just received a price cut from $30 for $20 in Canada at least

Well like I said, Ys: MoC is a fantastic JRPG and if you want it, it is at a great price for 20 bucks :D. Just mentioned Golden Week due to it potentially being cheaper (got a lot during that last year; Persona 4 Golden, Maramusa and others).

Zhao_Yun

I am sorry to say but probably not.

Haha, I thought as much. Maybe it was a mistake to start P3 so shortly before Bloodborne but since I wasn't that busy the last few weeks, this seemed like the perfect time to finally get it done. I normally try to only play one game at a time but just maybe I'll make an exception this time...

Well like I said, Ys: MoC is a fantastic JRPG and if you want it, it is at a great price for 20 bucks :D. Just mentioned Golden Week due to it potentially being cheaper (got a lot during that last year; Persona 4 Golden, Maramusa and others).

I hope they'll do a Golden Week Sale in Europe as well this year. IIRC correctly it was US PSN only last year :(
And yeah, Ys: MoC is a great game and definitely worth 20 bucks. Haven't played Oreshika yet unfortunately.

Xenoflare

I got Muramasa during the Ultimate edition sales. I was so lucky that it's a separate item from the original edition since I got it on PS+

bobohoro

T

Souls isn't hard in terms of execution or reflexes, it's testing your observation, memorisation and patience. And understanding of mechanics. I'd second autoduelist, from the games I remember you playing, you should be fine with Souls/BB.

Haha, I thought as much. Maybe it was a mistake to start P3 so shortly before Bloodborne but since I wasn't that busy the last few weeks, this seemed like the perfect time to finally get it done. I normally try to only play one game at a time but just maybe I'll make an exception this time...

I think they complement each other pretty well, so playing both together should proof quite an interesting and manageable experience.

Xenoflare

Bah, I went with YS MoF instead since is a much smaller game since I have to budget spaces for upcoming releases. Plus I watched a few in depth videoes on Oreshika and decided that game can wait, especially with a 2.8GB size.

I really need to pick up a 64GB card

v1perz53

Mostly echoing what others have said, in that the Souls games are more unforgiving than "hard". Honestly, a large part of the difficulty comes in that the game really explains nothing to you about its mechanics, what stats do, how weapons work, the weight system and rolls and things like that. Combine with a playstyle that is more slow and deliberate, where once you choose an action you commit to it for a second or more so if you time it poorly you leave yourself open, a lot of people die a ton early on and consider the game very hard. I would argue that once you get a feel for the game only a specific set of boss fights are "hard" in the traditional sense.

But the true joy in the Souls games is that feeling you get when you beat one of those hard bosses. My god, never in all of gaming has anything even come close to that feeling for me. First time beating O+S (used Solaire, still felt great!) or that god damn Capra demon, nothing compares.

Sorry, a bit long winded, but I've put in over 300 hours between Dark Souls 1+2, and I absolutely HATED Dark Souls the first 3-4 times I played it, so I have pretty strong opinions on the games. At least as far as DkS goes, if you are willing to look up online or ask people how stats work or how to handle weapons/armor or especially how weight/fast roll works you can avoid a lot of needless frustration and get to enjoying the game much quicker.

Zephyx

Thinking about getting the Syphon Filter games in this sale since I remember enjoying them when I was young. Does it play well on the Vita? Just picked up X4, BoF IV and GR from the sale. Debating myself if I want X5 as well.

SerTapTap

Do you get used to the awful camera/motion blur in FF Type 0? I seriously have a headache from the first 15 minutes of gameplay. Have Square responded to this? This is completely absurd. I've never gotten motion sickness from games, but this just hurts.

Top Bottom