• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

CAzu67jUMAAc7iP.jpg

Finally got around to getting a copy.

If you're playing as X don't forget to try Zero. Definitely my favorite gameplay style of the series. So glad we got a Zero spin off after the X series flew off the rails. Also I rather dislike the "boss order" stuff the older mega man games do where most of the bosses are a joke with the right ability. Zero (mostly) doesn't follow that pattern which is nice. Though a few bosses are clearly designed for X.

I'm a huge MM fan but have always been more into the classic series. I'm spending these here Golden Years™ of mine catching up on what I've missed. I skipped the whole X series back in the day other than the excellent X1, so between WiiU VC and this flash sale, I'm set for 1 through 5.

Now to buy the Battle Network games :p

SerTapTap

I'm a huge MM fan but have always been more into the classic series. I'm spending these here Golden Years™ of mine catching up on what I've missed. I skipped the whole X series back in the day other than the excellent X1, so between WiiU VC and this flash sale, I'm set for 1 through 5.

Now to buy the Battle Network games :p

You can just buy the PS2 collections for 1-7 and X1-6 for pretty cheap on Amazon. Gamecube ones are expensive. They emulate fine too, was worried about that. Just some fuss to get them working right. Ugh, never should have sold the PS2. Backwards compatible PS3 my spiky metal ass.

v1perz53

So I finally convinced my brother to give the Persona games a try, but he doesn't have a Vita (he is the worst kind of brother), so he's gonna play P3FES on PS3. Thing is, when he started it up, he asked me which difficulty he should choose. Problem is, I played P3P on Vita on Beginner difficulty, so I don't really know much about how the difficulties work in FES (I think there are only 3, not 5 like in P3P?).

My question is, how easy is Easy in FES? I personally played thru for the story since I was coming right from P4G and didn't need more combat, but since this is his first game I am worried he will get bored if he plays on Easy and nothing offers any challenge. But at the same time, I don't know how much grinding you need to do on Normal, and if large amounts of grinding would also turn him off.

I guess it boils down to this: is easy so easy that the game would offer no challenge, and does normal require a significant amount of grinding. What would the difference in play time be for Normal vs Easy?

I just really love the Persona series, and I don't want my brother to get turned off because he picked the wrong choice at the start. Honestly, I'm kinda glad he is starting with P3 not P4, not sure he would be able to get over the incredibly slow start P4 has.

Producer

So I finally convinced my brother to give the Persona games a try, but he doesn't have a Vita (he is the worst kind of brother), so he's gonna play P3FES on PS3. Thing is, when he started it up, he asked me which difficulty he should choose. Problem is, I played P3P on Vita on Beginner difficulty, so I don't really know much about how the difficulties work in FES (I think there are only 3, not 5 like in P3P?).

My question is, how easy is Easy in FES? I personally played thru for the story since I was coming right from P4G and didn't need more combat, but since this is his first game I am worried he will get bored if he plays on Easy and nothing offers any challenge. But at the same time, I don't know how much grinding you need to do on Normal, and if large amounts of grinding would also turn him off.

I guess it boils down to this: is easy so easy that the game would offer no challenge, and does normal require a significant amount of grinding. What would the difference in play time be for Normal vs Easy?

I just really love the Persona series, and I don't want my brother to get turned off because he picked the wrong choice at the start. Honestly, I'm kinda glad he is starting with P3 not P4, not sure he would be able to get over the incredibly slow start P4 has.

Never played it on easy but Normal is just fine. You dont have to grind at all, unless you like run through Tartarus and avoid every fight. Just tell him to get the EXP cards during Shuffle Time and he'll be fine. And dont forget to use Tactics.

Zhao_Yun

Never played it on easy but Normal is just fine. You dont have to grind at all, unless you like run through Tartarus and avoid every fight. Just tell him to get the EXP cards during Shuffle Time and he'll be fine. And dont forget to use Tactics.

This.
I am currently playing it on Normal and it has been fine until now. There have been times when I felt a bit underleveled but that's only because I try to minimize the times I go into Tartarus in order to focus more on my social stats. If he plays it normally he shouldn't have any problems. Just tell him to fuse his Personas instead of keeping them forever.

VLiberty

I wish The Shadow and the Flame remake was on Vita too. I'm not gonna get that on iPod with touch controls, especially since it's going to run like shit on my device.
Now that I think about it, I should get POP (1) Classic too.

So many iOS games I would buy/rebuy on handhelds in a heartbeat.

I actually did run through Tartarus and avoided all fights except for red shadows...so found the floor bosses a bit of a challenge. Got through most of the fights by fusing specific persona to take them on though so there's always that. Guess it's always a good reminder for people starting out with persona to fuse frequently so you get better stats and spells.

Flandy

Yes. Monster Monpiece, Criminal Girls, and Hatred. We're not interested in giving any of those games publicity on this forum.

Why don't you guys just make a list of the banned games and throw it under the FAQ board? I thought only Criminal Girls discussion was banned and not any of the others you listed.

SerTapTap

Since this more or less the closest to Nep GAF there is, got some things

Someone on eBay had a ton of used stuff cheap. That's not even showing the art books from the Neptunia 1 and Noire LEs I got recently.

(my cat Parker says hi and tried to sabotage this message several times)

VLiberty

Oh right, Gotm. I guess this month I'll go with a blind vote(either HM2 or Olliolli2) as I haven't played anything from this month.

SerTapTap

If the GotM polls are anything to go by... not really. The two Nep Nep games released in the last 2 months have gotten a total of 4 votes. :(
Well I don't vote, and I don't think Corgi comes in here. An OT would be great, but I'd rather not make it if I can avoid it...especially if I have to do the Axiom Verge one...in addition to a review...and a guide...

i was actually kidding but do people actually want that? can't see a nep thread being too popular tbh

I wouldn't have seen an SK thread being super popular given how frequent the "LOL IS THAT AN ANIME GAME" sentiment is in general threads either

SerTapTap

Better than bumping Rebirth's topic everytime I have a question about the game.

Also better than the PC people highjacking an announcement thread instead of using the Vita OT =/. If no one else wants to I can make it, it'll just have to wait a couple weeks. Also I can't/won't really do banners.

Shizuka

I'll try to show up every once in awhile if you guys make one. Also, what are the PS3 games on disc that allow digital cross-buy with the Vita?

Zhao_Yun

Everytime Neptunia comes up in this thread I get the feeling that I should play it sometime. Maybe I'll pick it up the next time Rebirth 1 is on sale on the EU store.

SerTapTap

Maybe Jak collection too? I think it's like only Sony first party games...and none that were particularly well loved

Everytime Neptunia comes up in this thread I get the feeling that I should play it sometime. Maybe I'll pick it up the next time Rebirth 1 is on sale on the EU store.

2 is actually probably the better one to start with due to no difficulty spikes, but they're both great humor-wise. I (obviously) recommend 'em. I have a bunch of crap to share and can probably answer most questions in the OT I guess. Though I haven't gotten as far into Noire as I should due to certain other games.

Zhao_Yun

2 is actually probably the better one to start with due to no difficulty spikes, but they're both great humor-wise. I (obviously) recommend 'em. I have a bunch of crap to share and can probably answer most questions in the OT I guess. Though I haven't gotten as far into Noire as I should due to certain other games.

Aren't they connected by story though? I prefer to play games in release order if they are connected by one storyline. If it's more like Final Fantasy I'd have no problems with starting in the middle.

SerTapTap

Would be cool to work Gameindustri into the title
Aren't they connected by story though? I prefer to play games in release order if they are connected by one storyline. If it's more like Final Fantasy I'd have no problems with starting in the middle.

Not really. It's not quite to the level of Final Fantasy, but it's more or less like watching any non-two parter episodes of Star Trek The Original Series. Characters are the same, there may rarely be a cameo, but the stories are largely unrelated and it's mostly for humor/drama anyway.

Flunkie

Banned
Weird to adjust to the Nyko Power Grip. I guess it'll take time.

It doesn't feel how you expect it to feel, but now it's second nature. I love it.

I'm getting less and less time to spend with games. What are some good short games that I can play?

SerTapTap

It doesn't feel how you expect it to feel, but now it's second nature. I love it.

I'm getting less and less time to spend with games. What are some good short games that I can play?

Flow, Flower, Journey, Hohokum, Unfinished Swan, Transistor & Bastion (maybe pushing it, around 6 hours each?), Murasaki Baby. Firefly Diary if you don't mind dying a few times and thinking your your brain meats. I can look for more, that all comes to mind.

Nice to see giant bomb finally makes a vita quick look, that vita stigma though :|

I hope they start covering the vita more in the future (would like to see oreshika get some prime time coverage).

Shizuka

Maybe Jak collection too? I think it's like only Sony first party games...and none that were particularly well loved

Whichever year the first MLB on Vita was, had physical crossbuy I think.

I'll try to find more info on those, I guess Jak is only cross-buy in Europe.

title suggestions pls

Breaking the fourth wall since 2010.

It's specially weird since I play both my Vitas, one with the grip and one without. You should try Home, it's short (one hour and a half per playthrough) and it was quite pleasant.

Zhao_Yun

Not really. It's not quite to the level of Final Fantasy, but it's more or less like watching any non-two parter episodes of Star Trek The Original Series. Characters are the same, there may rarely be a cameo, but the stories are largely unrelated and it's mostly for humor/drama anyway.

Good to know. Guess I'll just start with whatever I can get for a cheaper price :p

besada

Banned
I thought gameplay discussion was supposed to be fine in this thread, as long as the sexual content or screenshots weren't brought up. Contrary to what some people think, Monpiece and Criminal Girls have fairly interesting gameplay, worthy of discussion.
I'm not sure how I could have been clearer. Regardless of their gameplay qualities, both games involve a level of sexual content involving apparent prepubescents -- and no, we're not interested in discussing that point further -- that make them unacceptable on this forum. Again, there are other forums where you are welcome to discuss these games, so take such discussion there.

SerTapTap

Perfect exemplifications of everyone

Crazy impressed by this seller BTW. All these are "used" but you could have fooled me (with a couple super minor exceptions). Amazing packing job and pretty cheap for how much I got.

I hate getting the top of page with a random post. Uh save some money for the 31st. Because of reasons.

Top Bottom