• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

VLiberty

Guess when did I buy my Vita.
f3iuV7E.png

SerTapTap

Rack N Ruin is more Zelda than I thought--it's (mostly) missing the item/equipment collection stuff (most items are consumable vs being puzzle solvers), but the second dungeon is far more puzzle based. The insides of the dungeons also look very 2D Zelda inspired.

Tizoc

Rack N Ruin is more Zelda than I thought--it's (mostly) missing the item/equipment collection stuff (most items are consumable vs being puzzle solvers), but the second dungeon is far more puzzle based. The insides of the dungeons also look very 2D Zelda inspired.

Was that game on sale >_>;

SerTapTap

Was that game on sale >_>;

It's not even out yet (but it's not embargoed except formal reviews). I don't even know the final price. Comes out the 31st (oof) on PS4, I'll probably have a video around when it launches. It seems to have no press, I didn't even hear of it until they emailed me. They're not super organized (which is surprising, the art has decent production value, game is generally fairly polished), it's launching on PS4 and PC and I don't know where or when the PC version is, haven't heard back from them on that.

bonus: You can be eaten by rabbits:

VLiberty

I have a similar peak, mostly due to MotorStorm RC and SoundShapes

OmLUpIR.png

Edit: https://twitter.com/Envisager_/status/580377613048410114

My Vita kicked off with Motorstorm RC too! That, and Rayman Origins. I got theplatinum on both games(+ Motorstorm RC PS3 trophies which automatically unlocked), and Velocity Ultra after that, hence the peak, but still the average activity dramatically increased after the purchase. Vita relived my gaming life, it is indeed life.

bobohoro

TOTP: Jump on that Toukiden train, people.

I actually got my first working online room in the demo going an hour ago. It's still 2 active rooms max right now, but hey.

Surprisingly I think the AI is better than real players. And way better than me. At least at not dying. :D

But the demo only seems to give out pure steel and similar items now, and with no monster drops, I'll hold off on further sessions until friday I think.

maouvin

I actually got my first working online room in the demo going an hour ago. It's still 2 active rooms max right now, but hey.

Surprisingly I think the AI is better than real players. And way better than me. At least at not dying. :D

But the demo only seems to give out pure steel and similar items now, and with no monster drops, I'll hold off on further sessions until friday I think.

AI is definetely better on Kiwami, and they got some awesome Ability (Area) skills (now Nagi's healing skills affects everyone on the same area, instead of just laying a healing circle on the ground, for one).
As for them being better than real players, maybe you're just stumbling on people that don't yet know what they're doing :p

And I still didn't find an online room on the demo, on both consoles ( ._.) I blame timezones.

Tizoc

It's not even out yet (but it's not embargoed except formal reviews). I don't even know the final price. Comes out the 31st (oof) on PS4, I'll probably have a video around when it launches. It seems to have no press, I didn't even hear of it until they emailed me. They're not super organized (which is surprising, the art has decent production value, game is generally fairly polished), it's launching on PS4 and PC and I don't know where or when the PC version is, haven't heard back from them on that.

bonus: You can be eaten by rabbits:

Ah I see, I like adventure games so I'll give it a chance.

Sarcasm

AI is definetely better on Kiwami, and they got some awesome Ability (Area) skills (now Nagi's healing skills affects everyone on the same area, instead of just laying a healing circle on the ground, for one).
As for them being better than real players, maybe you're just stumbling on people that don't yet know what they're doing :p

And I still didn't find an online room on the demo, on both consoles ( ._.) I blame timezones.

I was playing the demo at work, what timezone are you?

**Read profile. Better than mine.

SerTapTap

Söldner-X 2 is great. It's like an 80s/90s shmups (non-bullet hell) that's pretty intense, great port, though the UI is a little small. Perf/visuals are great. It's got a health bar which can be kinda weird, but I've had a lot of fun with it. Main game, going for score or playing the challenges are all fun. Good amount of content, shame there aren't more modern shmups like it. It's pretty accessible in that it has an easy modo and it's one of those games where you earn more credits by playing. I think you can either continue from level X or at least play individual levels.

Söldner-X 2 is great. It's like an 80s/90s shmups (non-bullet hell) that's pretty intense, great port, though the UI is a little small. Perf/visuals are great. It's got a health bar which can be kinda weird, but I've had a lot of fun with it. Main game, going for score or playing the challenges are all fun. Good amount of content, shame there aren't more modern shmups like it. It's pretty accessible in that it has an easy modo and it's one of those games where you earn more credits by playing. I think you can either continue from level X or at least play individual levels.

Thanks for the impression. How does it compare to Super Stardust Delta, or is that an unfair comparison?

antibolo

Banned
I've been reading this article on Kotaku about Bloodborne, and now I am so hyped. I could never really get into the Demon / Dark Souls series, but Bloodborne sounds like it ticks all the right boxes for me:

- It's faster-paced (making it closer to a Platinum brawler)
- It has a more interesting setting (I really hate medieval settings and think they're boring and dumb)
- It has a slightly more forgiving beginner curve (but still doesn't compromise on difficulty)
- No loot. I hate loot systems.

Probably going to get it this weekend.

Shizuka

I feel like Bloodborne is the PS4's first true killer app. It's making me want a PS4 and I don't even like the Souls games.

Have fun and don't come back in here gushing about it please. I'm hardly able to hold back as it is. And I really should.
It's gonna be hard not to :X only thing stopping me right now is this goddamn 2.69GB patch. Speed it up already, god knows I'm gonna spend about an hour on the character creation alone...

Cross posting from the PS+ thread:

I don't know where to post this or if it's thread worthy or old but in the Powers app when they ask you if you want to try PS+ for 2 days, I was able to get it even though I was previously a PS+ member and trial shouldn't work with my account. So if anyone is looking for a week end with PS+ for free they should try that.

I'm in EU btw.

Maid

Banned
Bloodborne sounds like it ticks all the right boxes for me:

- It's faster-paced (making it closer to a Platinum brawler)
- It has a slightly more forgiving beginner curve (but still doesn't compromise on difficulty)

Gotta warn you about those 2 things. It's not close to any of Platinum games in term of fast pace, just not feel as clunky as DeS/DS, and I can't really be sure about the more forgiving beginner curve, seeing I have more trouble in this game than DeS. The 2nd boss has bodied me all night.

antibolo

Banned
Gotta warn you about those 2 things. It's not close to any of Platinum games in term of fast pace, just not feel as clunky as DeS/DS, and I can't really be sure about the more forgiving beginner curve, seeing I have more trouble in this game than DeS. The 2nd boss has bodied me all night.

Less clunky is good enough.

Pretty sure I saw in the review thread that Jim Sterling mentioned it feeling more like Demon's or something like that

Which basically is all I needed to hear

Still a rental :p I like the Souls games, but I don't fawn over them like a the second coming of sliced bread. It's sweet that for whatever reason they hit the right chord to make even reasonably unforgiving slightly oldschool game design hip again in the mainstream.

SerTapTap

- It has a more interesting setting (I really hate medieval settings and think they're boring and dumb)
- No loot. I hate loot systems.

Yeah this is pretty great for me. When I heard there were less, presumably more different weapons I was excited.

Thanks for the impression. How does it compare to Super Stardust Delta, or is that an unfair comparison?

Hard to compare; sidescrolling shmup vs Twin Stick. I don't even like to compare Resogun to twin sticks (It's much more defender than robotron). I love both of them though, but Soldner is harder and more focused on ship placement since it's a side scroller and you can't just waggle all over the map has you please, also you have to aim with most guns. Stardust is a more reactive, almost mindless sort of thing (I don't mean that in a negative way), where in Soldner you'll need to remember certain things to get the best scores. It's a more directed experience I guess.

Taptap stop coming up with bogus reasons to put off buying your soon to be GOAT. You are welcome.

Fine fine
MIxbufS.png

...that's what you meant, right?

Tohsaka

I know localizations have slowed down a bit but can we get Girl & Punzer and Bullet girls before they are forgotten forever.

Bullet Girls is extremely easy to play in Japanese, even if you can't read any of it. There's a great guide that translates all the menus, item names, objectives, etc. The game would be censored if they localized it anyway, so if you really want to play it I'd recommend importing it. I got the platinum trophy pretty easily with the guide.

Exactly an hour to create my character lol. Gimme a minute and I'll post her here, I actually like how she turned out. Usually I am awful with custom creation.

Maid

Banned
Finally managed to beat the 2nd boss, and surprisingly, it's much easier than I thought. After a whole night of struggling, I took a break and come back just to see that I was just being impatient the more I died. Was kinda panic when cornered, but managed to escape and calm down. The fight is only last nearly 3 minutes, and it still drains all of my strength.

If it is what I think it is, it ain't that great. My character has that slider maxed for instance, and it isn't anything out of this world ahahaha

That doll, though.

The character creations of this game isn't something to write home about, but it's good enough for the atmosphere.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Can I pay someone at Sony to take that stupid-ass Rainbow Moon F2P stuff off sale so I don't have to look at it when I browse the Weekly Deals section? There's SO MUCH of it.

Also who in here is buying Damascus Gear?

Top Bottom