• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Hikami

I've been ignoring Bloodborne since I wasn't really interested in it when it was first shown.
But now that I actually bothered to look at gameplay, screenshots, etc.. I need this.

But for now, picked up Sword Art Online again on the Vita. Nearing 90 hours and I'm not even done with the game yet. Might even be crazy enough to go after the platinum.

Tizoc

Please also report on the difficulty. Is there a mode with unlimited lives?
I might buy it for my nephew.

It'd be based on the Steam/iOS ver. which comes with an option for inf. lives ;D

I just now finished it and that was totally me at then end. There's some really heavy things going on and it's crazy how much my choices seem to matter so far. I really hope more people give this awesome game a shot

i'LL Pick up the PS4 ver. when it goes on sale. Game runs OK on my laptop but even for an EU3 game I can't get the sucker to run at consistent 60 FPS @_@

GotY contender for sure.

3771572f71.gif

Saw this gif and it got me interested in Ys again. I always heard about it and always thought about getting on the train, but I was always deterred for some reason by my backlog or simply forgetting about that interest when the next big game came out.

Is the Vita game any good and is it like that? I can probably pick Felghana on JP SEN.

I'm mainly interested in the combat and whether or not it is a drag to play.

That's Ys 3 (Oath in Felghana) and I am 100% behind playing Ys games. Play hem in this order
1- Ys 3
2- Ys Seven
3- Ys 4 (Celceta)

Expect kickass music, awesome boss fights, and simple but fun gameplay and good exploration.

I'm just starting Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut. What am I getting into with this game?

PS3 jankiness, overall the game is more about its setting than the gameplay.

Producer

3771572f71.gif

Saw this gif and it got me interested in Ys again. I always heard about it and always thought about getting on the train, but I was always deterred for some reason by my backlog or simply forgetting about that interest when the next big game came out.

Is the Vita game any good and is it like that? I can probably pick Felghana on JP SEN.

I'm mainly interested in the combat and whether or not it is a drag to play.

Its time for some Ys. Good thing with Vita is that you can play a decent amount of Ys games. That one is Oath in Felghana, which for most folks is their favorite title.

Ys Celceta is very good but has different mechanics than Oath. There is no jumping, and you have a party with you, with whom you can switch to any time.

With Ys you can always look forward to fun gameplay, amazing OSTs that get you pumped up, and challenging boss fights. Story has never really been a focus in these games, but for the gameplay aspect this series is top tier.

autoduelist

so right now I'm in the midst of Oreshika (and a couple bite size games) but I'm realizing I'm ridiculously overwhelmed by my ps1/psp jrpg/drpg/srpg backlog.

What are a few you all recommend I start with? Assume I own them all and haven't played any, which isn't entirely correct but is close enough (it's been ages since I played some of my favorites, and others I never got around to finishing... so there aren't many I'm not up for).

Bonus points for short games that take up a lot of space because I do need to start clearing space on my 64g. More bonus points for good combat systems.

Tizoc

Overall how does MS3 run on Vita? I don't mind if it runs OK long as I can murder soldiers and monsters and shit.

Just started Uncharted: Golden Abyss, as I had it for free from PS+ and wanted to try something new. After hating the first few minutes of Uncharted 1, I thought it was going to be a waste of time, but wow. This game is amazing!
I love the really swell sights, the excellent controls, and how smooth everything is.
It makes me really excited to try the original ones again.

wilflare

are the two PSP GoW games worth getting at the current price point?
thinking on getting Ascension at that price too... for the PS3

Tizoc

IMHO, at least GoW 1 and 2 are worth playing, the PSP games felt forgettable to me. Ascension is OK if you want more Kratos but overall 1 and 2 are more than enough for the gameplay with 3 being good for the graphics, but overall story is shit...

Man that Aksys tease thread... It's where dreams go to die isn't it /: Been following it closely, it's amazing how it went from being a place full of hopes and dreams to what it is now. That 0302 is really gonna be up 4infinity isn't it.

ascii42

First PSP game is decent enough. I'd say the second one is quite good. I still haven't beaten Ascension.

If you just get one, I'd get Ghost of Sparta.

VLiberty

Some games are discounted now on the EU PSN

Rayman Legends Vita is 15€, Jet Set Radio Vita is 2,50€, Dead Nation is 3 (2,70€ with PS+ discount), Lumines Vita is 5€

Some games are discounted now on the EU PSN

Rayman Legends Vita is 15€, Jet Set Radio Vita is 2,50€, Dead Nation is 3 (2,70€ with PS+ discount), Lumines Vita is 5€

Sword Art Online is 24,99€ again as well
I think I'll bite

EDIT: Neptunia PP is 19,99€, Tales of Hearts 24,99€, VLR 11,25€, Muramasa 9,99€
Looks like a good Vita sale :)

VLiberty

I'd go with vanilla Dead Nation + vanilla Sound Shapes, 2,70€+4,50€.
Though, as usual, Dead Nation's focus on coop is stopping me as I'll be playing single player...

bobohoro

Tales of Hearts 24,99€

That would complicate matters with Toukiden for me. But Tales can go lower in a couple months, right?

Decisions. Decisions. So hard.

I'll wait for the full store update.

And I was close to buying a PS4+Bloodborne several times yesterday. But I think I'm in the clear with that one. For now.

That would complicate matters with Toukiden for me. But Tales can go lower in a couple months, right?

Decisions. Decisions. So hard.

I'll wait for the full store update.

And I was close to buying a PS4+Bloodborne several times yesterday. But I think I'm in the clear with that one. For now.

I'll wait for ToH to drop lower. Tales games have seen some crazy discounts in the past and I'm not convinced I'll like it.

wilflare

Man that Aksys tease thread... It's where dreams go to die isn't it /: Been following it closely, it's amazing how it went from being a place full of hopes and dreams to what it is now. That 0302 is really gonna be up 4infinity isn't it.

when are you coming back to VitaGAF LINE?

First PSP game is decent enough. I'd say the second one is quite good. I still haven't beaten Ascension.

If you just get one, I'd get Ghost of Sparta.

hmmm. the PSP games have never been included in any bundle or collection right?
only the HD Remasters of them?

VLiberty

What about the original Soul Sacrifice? It was included in the + lineup before, and became free when SS Delta came out. Sorry if wrong though.

Hmm, you might be right.

As long as those don't use IGCs slots, that's great. Though I've been a PS+ subscriber since late 2012 and the few games I've missed (og Darksiders, Deus Ex) I've already bought them

Shinriji

Vita firmware 3.50 releasing tomorrow. Changelog is as follows.

●PlayStation™Network
「PSN℠」will be renamed to「PlayStation™Network」

●PS4 Link
Remote play will have a high quality setting (60FPS)。

●Video
Scene search added
1080p videos supported, with fast-forward up to 1.5x

●Map
PS Vita map applicattion will be removed

●near
All funcions that used the "map" will be removed

●Others
Acessibility options will be added。
Playstation Network: Sub-account upgrade: Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PSVITA, .
[PlayStation™Network]>[Sub-account upgrade]> removing restrictions on chat and user media and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet and purchase content。

How is the SIlent Hill game for Vita? It's 5€. I know it's not a classic SH game, but is it still decent?

Most people I see love this game not as a scary horror game but as something like a top-down dungeon crawling game (really don't know the term sorry). But with the advent of some nice dungeon crawlers from the niche pubs (Demon Gaze, etc.), their impression of it might vary. Go in expecting a dungeon crawler rather than as a lover of the series and it might leave a positive impression on you.

As a sh no is not decent. As a game, yes it is.

Most people I see love this game not as a scary horror game but as something like a top-down dungeon crawling game (really don't know the term sorry). But with the advent of some nice dungeon crawlers from the niche pubs (Demon Gaze, etc.), their impression of it might vary. Go in expecting a dungeon crawler rather than as a lover of the series and it might leave a positive impression on you.

Sounds good, I'll check out some reviews and gameplay. Can't really go wrong for 5€

SerTapTap

Ghost of Sparta is great on PS3, has roll mapped to right stick, looks great, not sure I can recommend the PSP version. Game itself is great but I'd really suggest playing the PS3 version it's easily the definitive experience. Ghost is one of the best GoW games IMO, right around 1 in quality, not quite as good as 2. The simplified QTEs are about the only thing that gives away it's a remaster of a PSP game not a PS2 one. OF course, it doesn't look as good as God of War 2...but few things do.

As I was scrolling through the web store I saw that Freedom Wars has been discounted

rNpZ2Hq.jpg

Great price, do recommend. Game has flaws, but even just playing the main story I got my money's worth (I also paid around $15, best buy clearanced the poor thing). Series has major potential though, they just need to do a big revamp for 2.

VLiberty

Lol psblog can't even be arsed to put the full list in the news

edit: Dungeon Hunter and Super Monkey Ball both at 5€, now I don't know what to do.

Is Dungeon Hunter worth it for that price, gaf?

Top Bottom