• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Y'all better be playing dat Life is Strange, Ep. 2 was total
3JZNuad.jpg

Playing it right now.

Both are showing at the same price for me, but from the descriptions you'd think only the PS3 version is cross buy.

I forgot to mention, I was talking about latam store (but US and latam usually are almost the same). US PS3 GoW collection says is cross buy, but latam doesn't, neither of the two, but PS3 version is cheaper. I wonder if they are.

Put this up on YouTube because some friends of mine wanted to see how I faired against the first boss in the game. Feel free to watch, HOWEVER, if you plan on playing the game, you might not want to spoil yourself :p

https://youtu.be/tMWf0QpslPQ

Yes, I was scared, and yes, my hands were shaking throughout the whole thing.

Bowl0l

NA PSN
There is a sale for God of War : Ascension Ultimate Edition but no sale for non-Ultimate edition. Now i regret getting the free DLCs in the past...

Shizuka

『Inaba Resident』;157320874 said:
Any impressions for Metal Slug 3?

I think I'm the only person on NeoGAF that picked it up today, you'll have to wait a few hours until I'm able to play it myself.

8QiJnYO.jpg

2013: Infected Wars looks pretty good and controls well. Occasional hitches on events but mostly smooth. There doesn't seem much to it but endlessly shooting zombies in the head. Seems right at $5. Just started it tho.

Flunkie

Banned
So I started playing Neptunia Rebirth 1 last night. I'm gonna say fuck being dedicated to a game and play what I wanna play when I wanna play. I won't finish the game anyways.

Anywho, I'm enjoying the game. Wouldn't traditionally be "my thing" but I like the humor and the battle system is a great compromise between turn-based and actiony. I prefer action battle systems but I like how it's been implemented here.

v1perz53

Off-topic, but props for the Working!! gif.

Karino Takatsu is awesome, both Working!! and Servant x Service are awesome. Really hoping the latter gets a season 2.

I also got Metal Slug 3 today, only played like 10 minutes (god damn Bloodborne and BL:Handsome Collection on the same day what the hell) but it feels really good from what I've played. Really excited for some co-op with my brother.

I'm loving Bloodborne. Love how fast and fluid it is, the atmosphere too, its such a spooky somber game. I was gonna play GoT episode 3, but I don't think that's happening today.

Maid

Banned
Anywho, I'm enjoying the game. Wouldn't traditionally be "my thing" but I like the humor and the battle system is a great compromise between turn-based and actiony. I prefer action battle systems but I like how it's been implemented here.

It will be traditionally "your thing" soon enough.

Apparently, Borderlands 2 Vita got a patch last week and it managed to make loading times even slower.

That's great, maybe it's time to delete the whole game out of my card.

maouvin

Apparently, Borderlands 2 Vita got a patch last week and it managed to make loading times even slower.

I've seen mixed reports. Most say slightly longer area loadings, but faster texture loads - an it was recommended to let them load each time you enter a new area before the patch, so that's a plus.
Either way, I don't have 5GB free to check it out right now.

v1perz53

After playing Borderlands on PS4 I unfortunately doubt I would ever be able to go back to PS3 or Vita versions. Don't really care about 1080p or texture quality or anything, but man does 60 FPS do a lot for this game. Absolutely night and day. Never thought I was one to care about framerate, but playing one then the other was drastically different. Put hundreds of hours into BL2 and BL:TPS already, but the PS4 version feels so good I'm sure I'll put many more in now.

Funny thing is I have them both on PC, and my gaming PC is pretty damn good, but I honestly don't bother much with PC gaming anymore.

Maid

Banned
I don't think it's a matter of 60fps if the other version is stable at 30fps. The problem is we have sub 30fps with a lot of dipping.

『Inaba Resident』;157320874 said:
Any impressions for Metal Slug 3?

Vita version impressions: Emulation is good. Better than the Steam and iOS releases. I would say it's on par with the NeoGeo Station releases on PS3. The game looks good and the slowdown is in all the right places. Sound is clear and well emulated.

It's pretty bare-bones though. No auto-fire is going to murder my square button. There are difficulty and display options and that's about it.

The real value here is in cross-by, cross-play, ad-hoc everything.

Shizuka

I'm going to play the PS3 version since I want to do co-op with my brother, but just by looking into "Options", I can tell you can increase your lives up to 99, increase the play time up to 90 and decrease the difficulty.

JJP12

Y'all better be playing dat Life is Strange, Ep. 2 was total
3JZNuad.jpg

I just now finished it and that was totally me at then end. There's some really heavy things going on and it's crazy how much my choices seem to matter so far. I really hope more people give this awesome game a shot

antibolo

Banned
I hope you can you play with limited credits?

Unlimited credits in Metal Slug XX totally ruined the game for me.

The standard amount should be 5 credits, which is what the real game uses in AES mode. Using any more than that is essentially cheating.

Did anyone try Mat Mania? How does it hold up? I loved that game when I was a kid, used to play it during lunch when I was in high school.

One...two...thREEE!!!!

Shizuka

I hope you can you play with limited credits?

Unlimited credits in Metal Slug XX totally ruined the game for me.

The standard amount should be 5 credits, which is what the real game uses in AES mode. Using any more than that is essentially cheating.

You can limit your credits, don't worry. PS3 version does have a few framerate drops when things get crazy.

v1perz53

I don't think it's a matter of 60fps if the other version is stable at 30fps. The problem is we have sub 30fps with a lot of dipping.

Oh definitely, the sub 30 dips on the Vita are very noticeable. But what I mean is even comparing the PS3 version when it hits an absolutely stable 30 FPS to the PS4 version at 60 is night and day. So much smoother and more responsive. Like I said before, I never thought I would be one to care about 30 FPS vs 60 but this actually changed my mind (because I could play a segment on PS3, switch TV input and immediately play it on PS4 to feel the difference right away).

Though actually what I think is the best part about the PS4 version is the save times. No more waiting 8 seconds to fast travel or zone while autosave blinks in the corner, 1.5-2 second saves always. Feels so good.

The Borderlands patch definitely improved texture loading and the fps a good bit. The game still isn't anywhere near perfect but at least now the framerate doesn't drop near as frequently.

Shun

3771572f71.gif

Saw this gif and it got me interested in Ys again. I always heard about it and always thought about getting on the train, but I was always deterred for some reason by my backlog or simply forgetting about that interest when the next big game came out.

Is the Vita game any good and is it like that? I can probably pick Felghana on JP SEN.

I'm mainly interested in the combat and whether or not it is a drag to play.

3771572f71.gif

Saw this gif and it got me interested in Ys again. I always heard about it and always thought about getting on the train, but I was always deterred for some reason by my backlog or simply forgetting about that interest when the next big game came out.

Is the Vita game any good and is it like that? I can probably pick Felghana on JP SEN.

The Vita game isn't chibi like that, but it's the same kind of deal regarding the general mechanics I'm seeing there. I played it and really liked it - the combat was solid and the world was vast enough to contain a little bit of everything.

Edit; not the greatest video, but here's a little free roam enemy attacking in Ys for Vita; https://youtu.be/rs6IfZsptEg?t=305

Memories of Celceta is a really good game but it's not really like Felghana. There's no jumping and you aren't fighting alone. Combat is still fast and fun plus the music still kicks ass. I'd say give them both a shot.

Top Bottom