• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Going to throw this here instead of the Persona thread so I can avoid spoilers...

I am at 34 hours played on P4G and the date in the game is 7/12. How far along am I in the story? I am guessing about a third of the way.

Not going completion route but not going speed run either, playing without using a FAQ so I am stumbling around some (but not too badly, I hope).

Shizuka

Going to throw this here instead of the Persona thread so I can avoid spoilers...

I am at 34 hours played on P4G and the date in the game is 7/12. How far along am I in the story? I am guessing about a third of the way.

Not going completion route but not going speed run either, playing without using a FAQ so I am stumbling around some (but not too badly, I hope).

I'd say you're 1/3 in, but it's been some time since I've played the game.

Still quite a bit to go. I don't wanna tell you how many months you have left, but you still have quite a bit to go :p You are a bit under half way through.

Reset

You can just buy the PS2 collections for 1-7 and X1-6 for pretty cheap on Amazon. Gamecube ones are expensive. They emulate fine too, was worried about that. Just some fuss to get them working right. Ugh, never should have sold the PS2. Backwards compatible PS3 my spiky metal ass.

The Gamecube editions are the one with the messed up control set up. They Have A to shoot and b to jump and you cannot change it. It feels so bad/wrong playing it on the gamecube.

I'm not sure how I could have been clearer. Regardless of their gameplay qualities, both games involve a level of sexual content involving apparent prepubescents -- and no, we're not interested in discussing that point further -- that make them unacceptable on this forum. Again, there are other forums where you are welcome to discuss these games, so take such discussion there.

Not disagreeing, just letting you know that no one's arguing that you weren't clear, just that some of the communication prior to your post wasn't as definitive.

v1perz53

FlightGAF, if you're out there listening...

This is why I don't start this game. It just seems so daunting.

Stopped me for a long time at first (that plus the very slow start to the game) but man am I glad I played. Really a fantastic experience overall, and you can take it in as bite sized chunks as you need on the Vita thanks to suspend/resume. You can also do as little or as much as you want, so 10 in game days can take an hour of real time or 5 minutes, depending on what you want.

But I wont say it isn't daunting, my first complete game save was something like
95 hours
, and I did a lot but definitely not everything I could.

Shun

Is there a list of PS1/PSP games that allow for screenshots on Vita?

Apparently some PS1 games do like Klonoa?

I hope they add screenshots to homebrew for the games that don't allow it in the future.

I felt the same way as you before I started playing P4G.

At 37 hours in, I am not burnt out at all but sucked further into the game and excited to keep going. There are so many things to do and they are all balanced so well that time has flown by.

Like already mentioned, the gameplay and suspend/resume feature mean you can do things with whatever time you have available. 5 minutes here. Two hours there. 15 minutes another time. It is easy enough to pick up and put down and feel like you have moved forward in the game regardless of time put in.

Is there a list of PS1/PSP games that allow for screenshots on Vita?

Apparently some PS1 games do like Klonoa?

I hope they add screenshots to homebrew for the games that don't allow it in the future.

IIRC the list can be counted on one hand for PS1 (in the West, at least).

wilflare

Perfect exemplifications of everyone

Crazy impressed by this seller BTW. All these are "used" but you could have fooled me (with a couple super minor exceptions). Amazing packing job and pretty cheap for how much I got.

I hate getting the top of page with a random post. Uh save some money for the 31st. Because of reasons.

what is this about?

Scifi and time travel ideas are in consideration for Danganronpa 3
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/24/sci-fi-back-future-danganronpa-writers-ideas-danganronpa-3/

They have not even started it though :(
Danganronpa is better served well-done. Let it stay in the oven as long as it needs, a mystery game with no interesting mystery isn't what we as fans or him as a director want. He's put 3 games out, 2 of which we played and loved, 1 of which we haven't gotten yet but Japan loved, so he's got a huge responsibility on his shoulders.

Zhao_Yun

It's not so bad when playing on the Vita due to Suspend/Resume. I realized that after starting P3 FES on my PS2. Made me wish there was a P3 Vita Remake with the cutscenes and presentation of FES with the gameplay improvements of P3P...

Redhood

I know localizations have slowed down a bit but can we get Girl & Punzer and Bullet girls before they are forgotten forever.

SerTapTap

what is this about?

I forget which book that's from. I got a variety of different things, a seller had like half or more of the books that've been released. There's a couple manga (I'm missing some manga I think), a light novel series, couple art books, couple artbooks, couple visual collections (art book + guide), illustrations are pretty great. All I know about the light novels is that they have some school theme and I can't read shit. I think the manga is based on the anime.

Mostly got it for the pictures. Was a great price so I grabbed the light novels too, they have a few pics and in theory one day I'll learn Japanese, cool to have more merch anyway.

Team Ninja should definitely make a SK fighting game. These will only be for ps4 right? not on pc?

Ugh no, not if they do the DOA "art style" aka realistic. Tamsoft should just give us proper 1v1, maybe make an extra "fighting" mode with 2D camera and movement, that's all. Combat is already alright, not quite a fighting game, but I'd play online if it weren't only 2x2 or 4 player free for all. That's just a mess.

Maid

Banned
Ugh no, not if they do the DOA "art style" aka realistic. Tamsoft should just give us proper 1v1, maybe make an extra "fighting" mode with 2D camera and movement, that's all. Combat is already alright, not quite a fighting game, but I'd play online if it weren't only 2x2 or 4 player free for all. That's just a mess.

I just want a co-op Senran Kagura game.

maouvin

I'd just want them to adapt Soft Engine in. We need better bouncing.

So I tried to make the most out of a promo they had on PSN.

20% Discount Code on March 26~31 (or something).

Then I remembered about the wallet limit, which is 200$. So I tried putting things in the cart, and once I go over the 200$ (before discount, of course), it told me to replace one of the items if I want to insert a new one.

If I was able to cart more than 200$ then use the 20% discount, I would have been able to save about 49$ from games I'm going to buy anyways. It would effectively make my 1 year PS+ sub cost 1$.

Either ways getting back 39$ is still not bad.

JP PSN lol.

SerTapTap

I'd just want them to adapt Soft Engine in. We need better bouncing.

The ridiculous bouncing is part of the series' charm. Besides even Team Ninja seems to have trouble using the soft engine (lol pc port)

I just want a co-op Senran Kagura game.

Co op would be cool, though for me the main draw is the 1v1 boss fights so I don't know how well that'd work out in co op. It's already a bit easy to cheese out most of the fights in Shinovi Versus just using the high attack low defense mode.

I know localizations have slowed down a bit but can we get Girl & Punzer and Bullet girls before they are forgotten forever.

Have they? I feel like they've sped up for Vita lately.

Every Neptunia game announced not long after it comes out; DanganRonpa still coming; oddball stuff like Lost Dimension announced every now and again.

And now Bamco seem to be on board as well, with Pirate Warriors 3 and J-Stars coming (and Sword Art Online all but confirmed too).

It's at least as good as it was in 2014, imo.

On topic for those, Girls Und Panzer won't come. Licenced anime that isn't popular in the west (in the same way that Irregular Magic High School won't come). Bullet Girls might, but I don't really see who will pick it up.

Maid

Banned
More incentive for me not to die.

It's really hard not to die at the boss, though.

When I rewatched the recording, apparently 40 seconds. No loading when you're playing though, but if you die, well, prepare to take a drink or something.

Co op would be cool, though for me the main draw is the 1v1 boss fights so I don't know how well that'd work out in co op. It's already a bit easy to cheese out most of the fights in Shinovi Versus just using the high attack low defense mode.

Give the boss a team of 2, or 3 even. They do give us a tag team in Estival Versus, and it does look awesome.

SerTapTap

Sounds like the loading times in Bloodborne will be patched...good reason for me to wait as planned I guess. Wonder what happened there, load times are probably my favorite thing about most PS4 games.

Maid

Banned
Sounds like the loading times in Bloodborne will be patched...good reason for me to wait as planned I guess. Wonder what happened there, load times are probably my favorite thing about most PS4 games.

I think it's because they do load the whole section. It's pretty quick when you back home, since that place is pretty small, but when you go into one of the other big map, the loading is long. It's seamless after the loading, but when all you're doing is keep getting killed 2 minutes after starting, it's getting jarring looking at the loading screen for 40 seconds.

SerTapTap

I think it's because they do load the whole section. It's pretty quick when you back home, since that place is pretty small, but when you go into one of the other big map, the loading is long. It's seamless after the loading, but when all you're doing is keep getting killed 2 minutes after starting, it's getting jarring looking at the loading screen for 40 seconds.

Yeah, long initial load times aren't unheard of (FF15 demo) but I think this is the first I've heard of a slow PS4 load when you die. Seems weird if they're having to totally reload the whole area instead of repopulating it. Maybe it's because you can be sent back to prior areas when dying?

Doesn't sound like the worst thing in the world but I was looking for excuses to wait for a price drop anyway. I think I'll just buy the CE guide for now and look at the pretty monsters.

Maid

Banned
Yeah, long initial load times aren't unheard of (FF15 demo) but I think this is the first I've heard of a slow PS4 load when you die. Seems weird if they're having to totally reload the whole area instead of repopulating it. Maybe it's because you can be sent back to prior areas when dying?

Guess because when you died, everything resets in the area, except lootable items on the grounds and any shortcut you have opened.

TOTP: Jump on that Toukiden train, people.

Top Bottom