• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

batrush

P4D boxart
P4D-JP-Box-Art_03-25-15-600x738.jpg

Awful, but charming.

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting is starting! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released in March 2015. Games such as Toukiden Kiwami that will not be released in the US until next Tuesday will not be eligible for voting. You can either PM me on GAF (which I prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)

Jawmuncher

Monster Monpiece is pretty fun. But man the rubbing mini game is so dumb and a waste of my time. Wish I could automatically do it, even if it costed a bit more. Even worse that the game auto saves stats but not progress. So you can't just reload and try again. Will try quitting on the minigame screen to beat the save.

SerTapTap

So I'll be doing my first OT, for Axiom Verge--anyone got suggestions on what to include/not? Is something like the Velocity 2X OT enough? I don't really want to spoil stuff by getting too deep into the mechanics in the OP--it's a metroidvania so items/mechanics are basically spoilers.

Never heard of that one, love the style

crinale

Lol now I understand why they did delay Kantai Collection for Vita.
(TV series didn't end and 2nd season will be aired later this year).

Khronico

Anyone here play Damascus Gear yet? I'm considering purchasing it but I'd like to hear impressions before taking the plunge. From the small amount of footage I've seen it looks like Armored Core + an ARPG, which sounds right up my alley.

Shinriji

Lol now I understand why they did delay Kantai Collection for Vita.
(TV series didn't end and 2nd season will be aired later this year).

The famitsu news also talks that the UI will be almost redone for the vita version. And there will be some exclusive features.

Anyone here play Damascus Gear yet? I'm considering purchasing it but I'd like to hear impressions before taking the plunge. From the small amount of footage I've seen it looks like Armored Core + an ARPG, which sounds right up my alley.
I feel like everyone i waiting for impressions on this ahaha. I am too busy with school work, plus Bloodborne... Or else I'd take one for the team.

Redhood

i have no idea what you're getting at.

Yeah same here. No idea how that relates to Vita at all

The reviews either dont mention frame drops or they mention statements like this.

It may not be the best version of Xenoblade, but it&#8217;s a version of it &#8211; and that makes it a whole lot better than most.

The game gets good scores. If that is not bias towards ports on vita I dont know what is.

The reviews either dont mention frame drops or they mention statements like this.

It may not be the best version of Xenoblade, but it’s a version of it – and that makes it a whole lot better than most.

The game gets good scores. If that is not bias towards ports on vita I dont know what is.

I still don't see it. That has nothing to do with the Vita unless you show that the same reviewer has said negative things about Vita ports before.

Producer

It may not be the best version of Xenoblade, but it’s a version of it – and that makes it a whole lot better than most.

wow. Lol i dont even know what to say.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I still don't see it. That has nothing to do with the Vita unless you show that the same reviewer has said negative things about Vita ports before.

What he tries to say is that every time that is possible, even when it's not appropriate, most reviewers compare Vita games to home console equivalents and for this reason they get low scores.

He's not despising Xenoblade, he's just pointing how different are Xenoblade reviews and average Vita reviews, think if Xenoblade was a Vita game...

It may not be the best version of Xenoblade, but it&#8217;s a version of it &#8211; and that makes it a whole lot better than most.

You mean a bias against Vita ports? What you're getting at is that the press gives a pass to ports with technical issues on one platform but not the other?

I haven't really seen evidence to support this for more than a year I don't think, well, at least since Borderlands. The Vita is so irrelevant now as anything but a Japanese import and de facto portable Steam indie machine that I don't think the press really care anymore.

deadfolk

Monster Monpiece is pretty fun. But man the rubbing mini game is so dumb and a waste of my time. Wish I could automatically do it, even if it costed a bit more. Even worse that the game auto saves stats but not progress. So you can't just reload and try again. Will try quitting on the minigame screen to beat the save.

Careful - we've recently had a mod come here and point out that we're not allowed to discuss that game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dengeki scans are out, i totally forgot about Ray Gigant, it looks awesome as always, and Death under the labyrinth, that on the other hand seems to be a drpg full of half naked girls with huge boobs that use weird robots to fight.

SerTapTap

Did they ship the PS4 version internationally when they sold it months ago?

I think so, I didn't try myself, but was through Fan Gamer who ships international. I wish more indies had physical runs and sold through single stores more like this, though ideally at a price closer to the digital version--the PS4 version was clearly priced like a collector's edition and had extras (extra copy for PC + soundtrack so you don't have to open it if you don't want)

Shizuka

Dengeki scans are out, i totally forgot about Ray Gigant, it looks awesome as always, and Death under the labyrinth, that on the other hand seems to be a drpg full of half naked girls with huge boobs that use weird robots to fight.

Two DRPGs! Loving it!

autoduelist

The point is that Vita often gets treated like a home console in regards to reviews -- if it's not demonstrably the best version, it often gets kicked in the teeth.

You'd more likely see "It may not be the best version of XXXXXX, but it&#8217;s a version of it &#8211; and that makes it a whole lot better than most" rewritten as: "It is certainly not the best version of XXXXXX, so play it elsewhere if at all possible."

Does this mean every reviewer does this? Of course not, as there are always exceptions. But it certainly felt like the general consensus in Vita reviews over the years. It hits especially hard whenever a potential 'system seller' game came out and that happened, because we all wanted the vita to sell better for better long term support.

Vita flew too close to the sun, and it gets constantly burned. No one expects console quality on a 3ds, so it gets the pass. Makes sense, it just stings.

Any chance of localization?

Weird

God of War: Ascension Ultimate Edition is showing free for me.

The only thing I did was "buying" the DLC when it was free some time ago.

This is happening with anyone else?

SerTapTap

I also see GoW Ascension Ultimate Bundle as free. I assume it doesn't do much for me if I already beat the single player and have no desire to play multiplayer?

Top Bottom