• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

VLiberty

If this does not prove that the press is biased towards vita I don't know what will.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017214

i have no idea what you're getting at.

Yeah same here. No idea how that relates to Vita at all

barry's point is easy to see and it's actually true, but I think it's not a matter of bias in the sense of a "conspiracy". It has more to do with reviewers - people, in general - to be well aware of the 3DS limitations, but not so much of Vita's. 3DS ports are botched? " Yeah, but you'll have to take into account 3DS' limitations" -> 87 metacritic

Borderlands 2 port(a UE3 open world game which runs like shit on PS360 too) is botched? Buh, bad port, Iron Galaxy is shit, 64 metacritic

You don't have to take the names of the reviewers to prove this, the general consensus and the metascore is enough to see that the two games(but you could also get other examples) have been treated differently. Again, this has nothing to do with any obscure conspiracy, it's just that people think that Vita is capable of some incredible shit.

k83ozHX.jpg

Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo - Vita

Clunky controls, bad graphics, repetitive gameplay and not much fun is what this game provides. A top down shooter that is poorly made that is absent of any redeeming value.

Here is a gameplay video with commentary by me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY0aEKIH118

Producer

Weird

God of War: Ascension Ultimate Edition is showing free for me.

The only thing I did was "buying" the DLC when it was free some time ago.

This is happening with anyone else?

In the blog post, the DLC bundle was supposed to be free.

But i guess they mistakenly made the game + bundle free. Classic SCEA

SerTapTap

I already have the game, just not the DLC, so maybe that's why it worked for me. Wouldn't put it past SCEA to fuck up the price/entitlement though.

bobohoro

Is that why so many people are ignoring my GotM voting post? :(

Well, since Toukiden Kiwami won't be allowed and Axiom Verge isn't coming to Vita next week, I kinda don't have anything to vote for. Except Bloodborne, but that will win it anyway. I'm sorry.

And nice ava change.

VLiberty

Not free for me. I got the retail version so no problem here, but I don't have the online pass.

Brb downloading demos of Super Monkey Ball, Dungeon Hunter and Sound Shapes to decide whether I have to buy another PSN card for just 3€

antibolo

Banned
I will NEVER be able to free up the 68GB required to download the game lol

Stupid PS3 and its stupid need to have twice the amount of storage to download something.

E the Shaggy

Quick question: My PS3 is full to burst with games (I'm capping over the 500gig limit at this point).

If I delete a game, do I lose the save files as well?

Shizuka

Too early to say, but imo both have big chances, RG is made by Experience IIRC while DUTL is by Compa, so it's just a matter of time imo(but in the case of RG it could be a long wait :( )

Ray Gigant's chances aren't that great. Even if it's being developed by Experience, it's owned by Namco.

Anyone know if the Snoop Dogg PS4 theme is good, or even how it looks? The preview looks like a cassette and I like the design, but I have no idea if that's what the actual theme looks like.

nampad

barry's point is easy to see and it's actually true, but I think it's not a matter of bias in the sense of a "conspiracy". It has more to do with reviewers - people, in general - to be well aware of the 3DS limitations, but not so much of Vita's. 3DS ports are botched? " Yeah, but you'll have to take into account 3DS' limitations" -> 87 metacritic

Borderlands 2 port(a UE3 open world game which runs like shit on PS360 too) is botched? Buh, bad port, Iron Galaxy is shit, 64 metacritic

You don't have to take the names of the reviewers to prove this, the general consensus and the metascore is enough to see that the two games(but you could also get other examples) have been treated differently. Again, this has nothing to do with any obscure conspiracy, it's just that people think that Vita is capable of some incredible shit.

I agree.

v1perz53

Jeebus GoW Ascension is 34 GB, and requires 80 GB free space to install. Got it free but not sure I want to bother downloading a 34 GB game I'll probably never play.

Dengeki scans are out, i totally forgot about Ray Gigant, it looks awesome as always, and Death under the labyrinth, that on the other hand seems to be a drpg full of half naked girls with huge boobs that use weird robots to fight.

Where can I check out the scans?

SerTapTap

Yorbie code get, I'll post impressions after I play. PS4 is already pretty well populated with quality twin stick games though.

eFKac

So how bad is the Vita version of Ratchet & Clank Q Force/FFA?

It's cheap in the easter sale, but if it's almost unplayable as the early reports seemed to suggest, I'll pass.

VLiberty

It is well done generic Diablo-lite dungeon crawler. I had fun with it for about 6 hours until I got bored of it like always do with these types of games.
Cool to hear that it's well done, honestly I don't know if I'm into this kind games but it looks tempting.

This and SS are the ones I'm more tempted to get. I need a handheld non-motion based SMB game too but I'm afraid I'll rage-drop it halfway through as I did with Deluxe, Banana Blitz and the iOS game.

Shizuka

Also worth pointing out that One Piece/J-Stars have PS3 & 4 versions.

I'm not holding out hope for Ray Gigant, but stranger things have happened.

There are several reasons: multiplatform release, they're not original IPs, based on popular anime franchises, they've been selling most than 100k units in Japan. Ray Gigant is a Vita-exclusive, original IP, based on nothing and will most likely sell 30k at most.

I want the game more than anyone, but unless NISA strikes a deal with Namco like they did for Time & Eternity, it's just not happening.

Is Helldiver good ? Is the Vita version not lacking too much behind the PS4 one ? Should I ?

Helldiver is freaking awesome. You gotta be into playing multiplayer. Some people said they don't mind the Vita version but I had a hard time playing it from originally playing the PS4 verison. The Vita version seems functional but not ideal.

Top Bottom