• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

SerTapTap

I am very interested in Yorbie. Can't even find many gameplay videos on it. Post some videos if it is no big deal.

Yeah, it took me by surprise and it was pretty hard to find info about it--I've bumped into a few PS4 indies like that lately. I got spoiled by Velocity 2X and Axiom Verge. I'll try and do a quick vid, I've got nothin' for this week so far anyway.

Hopefully Moero Chronicle makes its April 10th release date (and has a decent translation) to fill the DRPG spot for the month.

Was close to buying that on Play Asia but I missed out on the good deal that made PA worth it. Anywhere cheaper to buy that? Was considering buying it from Wilflare too

April's game of the month right here.

I guess it would be may since apparently the last week doesn't count (good rule, but will anyone remember to vote for the late ones of the prior month?)

Tohsaka

Yeah, it took me by surprise and it was pretty hard to find info about it--I've bumped into a few PS4 indies like that lately. I got spoiled by Velocity 2X and Axiom Verge. I'll try and do a quick vid, I've got nothin' for this week so far anyway.

Was close to buying that on Play Asia but I missed out on the good deal that made PA worth it. Anywhere cheaper to buy that? Was considering buying it from Wilflare too

I guess it would be may since apparently the last week doesn't count (good rule, but will anyone remember to vote for the late ones of the prior month?)

Yeah, I noticed that Play-Asia raised the price of Moero Chronicle, probably because more people were ordering it than they expected. I'm glad I pre-ordered it early.

ZeroAKA

Next week will be crazy. Club Nintendo Elite rewards announcement, PS+ games announcement, Toukiden Kiwami release.
I am excited for all 3 of these
and still hoping for a surprise physical reward despite what the Club Nintendo site says.

barry's point is easy to see and it's actually true, but I think it's not a matter of bias in the sense of a "conspiracy". It has more to do with reviewers - people, in general - to be well aware of the 3DS limitations, but not so much of Vita's. 3DS ports are botched? " Yeah, but you'll have to take into account 3DS' limitations" -> 87 metacritic

Borderlands 2 port(a UE3 open world game which runs like shit on PS360 too) is botched? Buh, bad port, Iron Galaxy is shit, 64 metacritic

You don't have to take the names of the reviewers to prove this, the general consensus and the metascore is enough to see that the two games(but you could also get other examples) have been treated differently. Again, this has nothing to do with any obscure conspiracy, it's just that people think that Vita is capable of some incredible shit.

Didnt a site actually compare the Vita version of BL2 to the PC version?

So yesterday I took the free GoW Ascension DLC, I recieved the mail of "purchase" and all. But now it isn't on my download list, and it shows as "not avaliable" on the store (GoW itself with the plus price). I guess Sony screwed me ?

Is Helldiver good ? Is the Vita version not lacking too much behind the PS4 one ? Should I ?

The Vita version plays great, I've been playing it for days. It's obviously a visual downgrade, but if you don't care too much about that (you shouldn't) then it's fucking awesome. :)

Shizuka

So yesterday I took the free GoW Ascension DLC, I recieved the mail of "purchase" and all. But now it isn't on my download list, and it shows as "not avaliable" on the store (GoW itself with the plus price). I guess Sony screwed me ?

I think it's the game, not the DLC. They mentioned it was the bundle, but it was the game.

v1perz53

Next week will be crazy. Club Nintendo Elite rewards announcement, PS+ games announcement, Toukiden Kiwami release.

Ahh nintendo elite reward announcement is next week? Maybe I should've waited before using up all 1200 of my coins the last few days... Oh well, going to be a good week, all that stuff plus my birthday mid-week so I'll have some extra cash for games!

I am excited for all 3 of these
and still hoping for a surprise physical reward despite what the Club Nintendo site says.

Honestly never really understood why people wanted physical rewards, I always thought they were generally pretty lame, aside from things like the charging dock or the multi 3DS/DS cartridge case. Then this week I tried to find a game I wanted to bump me up a few coins to get one more club nintendo reward. And I realized that there are more or less no games on Nintendo platforms (available on the eShop) that I want and don't already own. So funny enough, I would probably go for a physical reward this time, even a desktop calendar is better than a game I already have..

E: Not being dismissive of physical stuff, just saying I never personally saw anything in club nintendo that I wanted more than a "free" game I was even the slightest bit interested in!

SerTapTap

First impressions of Yorbie are that it's basically Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, right down to the crates of gears (bolts) and health (nanotech), the co op focus, and the robot designs are actually (quite competently) extremely Ratchet-esque. I'm not so hot on the starting gun (it overheats really fast) but there's weapon customization so I'm waiting for that before I judge. Aiming is interesting, the right stick basically locks on in the direction you point rather than firing directly. Lets you focus on dodging over aiming.

(That's not a negative comparison BTW, I really like All 4 One, it's just a co op game not a standard Ratchet game)

Also it's not an episodic game...I really don't know why "episode one" is in the title, I guess a sequel is planned but it's sort of weird.

ZeroAKA

Honestly never really understood why people wanted physical rewards, I always thought they were generally pretty lame, aside from things like the charging dock or the multi 3DS/DS cartridge case. Then this week I tried to find a game I wanted to bump me up a few coins to get one more club nintendo reward. And I realized that there are more or less no games on Nintendo platforms (available on the eShop) that I want and don't already own. So funny enough, I would probably go for a physical reward this time, even a desktop calendar is better than a game I already have..

E: Not being dismissive of physical stuff, just saying I never personally saw anything in club nintendo that I wanted more than a "free" game I was even the slightest bit interested in!
Everything in Club Nintendo's physical catalog that costs 400 coins or more looks much more appealing to me than the digital rewards. They'd get a lot more use from me than a digital game that I'd play through once and then never open up again. Nintendo's lack of a modern account system is a bit worrying too.

SerTapTap

Eh can't really recommend Yorbie. Will have a gameplay vid out soonish. Some of the weapons are pretty fun, the art design itself isn't bad, but the game's pretty unpolished and (from what I can tell) pretty light on content; I'm halfway through the main levels already, there's pretty few enemy designs, making encounters pretty samey. Pretty hard to recommend at the price point, especially with so many other twin stick shooters (often with co op) on PS4. Ratchet and Clank All 4 One itself or Stardust/Geometry Wars/Nano Assault/Assault Android Cactus are better ways to go.

https://twitter.com/RetroCR/status/580793935569629184/photo/1

CA9lAZxUYAEZfpO.png

Guru-Guru

Banned
For those of you on the JP PSN store they are having a spring break sale. EA UFC is 2000 yen, FIFA 2015 (I think?) was around 3000 yen, Dragon Age 3800 yen, Garden Warfare 1200 yen, and a couple other games I am forgetting. I'm thinking of picking up UFC or FIFA...Anybody got an opinion on which is better for casual play? I will play either during my downtime from Bloodborne. EA UFC looks like the controls will take a long time to learn, but on the other hand, last FIFA game I played was maybe 10 years ago.

bobohoro

damn that was fast. They still have the bonus first month version too lol. I guess it bombed in europe.

Yeah it's is kinda surprising how fast that went. It has been what? 10 weeks?
On the other hand I always said I'd get it in the first sale and Atelier games rarely go far beyond the 20€ mark, I think 14,99€ is the lowest any of them went at all. So I really should just get it.

But Toukiden!

And I need another plus sub as well, runs out in 3 weeks.

Gah.

I might just break down, buy a PS4 with Knack&Bloodborne and a new monitor. Even if that solves nothing, it at least would leave me crackling like a madman. Kehe. Kehehe. I'm feeling like Kyoshi on the last page of Ch. 158 now.

In gameplay it looks WAY better. But yeah the new faces are oddly inferior, pretty noticeable in cutscenes. The OST is just baffling.

Everything was forgotten once I heard the audio drama. Even if you wanted to write the most utterly spiteful, bizarre and destructive fanfiction you could possibly think of, it wouldn't feel quite like such a punch to the gut. And I'm not even that much of a fan of Spira and the characters, but that was just truly horrifying.

Li Kao

Shopping spree of the day : enough playstation cards to buy Demon Gaze and Atelier Rorona+, with maybe one month of PS+.
I feel conflicted. Stupidly weak, broke and damn satisfied.

I've made a huge mistake. I ordered the wrong version of Moereo Chronicle.... Instead of preordering the Asian English sub version, I got the Japanese version by accident ;__; I was wondering why it shipped already.

SerTapTap

Everything was forgotten once I heard the audio drama. Even if you wanted to write the most utterly spiteful, bizarre and destructive fanfiction you could possibly think of, it wouldn't feel quite like such a punch to the gut. And I'm not even that much of a fan of Spira and the characters, but that was just truly horrifying.

It's best to only play FFX and ignore the rest of the package, or play FFX-2 skipping all cutscenes and treating it as a battle-only game. I was initially horrified by X-2 but the post X-2 content for X like the audio drama and book (apparently) abuse the story far more.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FFX-2 has hilarious cutscenes, why would you ever want to skip those is a mystery.

The real annoying thing about FFX-2 storywise is that the game is such fun to play that you might want to get 100%...which then renders the best video game ending of all time moot!

Tohsaka

FFX-2 has hilarious cutscenes, why would you ever want to skip those is a mystery.

The real annoying thing about FFX-2 storywise is that the game is such fun to play that you might want to get 100%...which then renders the best video game ending of all time moot!

Getting 100% is such a huge pain in the ass, I never would've done it without a guide.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone try Mat Mania? How does it hold up? I loved that game when I was a kid, used to play it during lunch when I was in high school.

One...two...thREEE!!!!
As soon as I finish unpacking this is getting bought. One of the best playing wrestling games ever. So sad no one ever copied it's game system. CAW with an updated wrestling moveset would be insane for a 2015 update.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I hate auto save so much unless it is used creatively like in the older Fire Emblem games to prevent save scumming. With modern suspend modes it is a trivial matter beyond the fact that most handheld games since the Gameboy era that had save features at all had save anywhere.

Flunkie

Banned
when you have superior suspend/resume
you need no auto-save peasantry
I'm not talking about losing save because of battery. That is pretty avoidable.

It's playing the game and not wanting to stop to save every 5 seconds because it's annoying to do then losing an hour of gameplay when you have a weird difficulty spike in Nep Rebirth

wilflare

I'm not talking about losing save because of battery. That is pretty avoidable.

It's playing the game and not wanting to stop to save every 5 seconds because it's annoying to do then losing an hour of gameplay when you have a weird difficulty spike in Nep Rebirth

:(
it happened in Vanilla Toukiden for me so I kinda know what you are talking about :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Repeating parts of a game because you fucked up is a valuable lesson. Yes, even in JRPGs with uneven difficulty curves. It teaches you to get good.

Some may complain that a game doesn't value your time when it does something like that. However I say that you don't value the game's time when you complain about it.

Played GoT episode 3 on my Vita, really got me pumped for the return of the show in a few weeks. Now in terms of Telltale games, Tales From the Borderlands is still the better story from the two.

wilflare

Played GoT episode 3 on my Vita, really got me pumped for the return of the show in a few weeks. Now in terms of Telltale games, Tales From the Borderlands is still the better story from the two.

you return to the Chat is overdue

---
was GoW:A Ultimate "Free" since the Store Update
or did the price mistake happen much later?

it was $8 for me from the start... and the DLC was like "Free"

Shizuka

I don't know, I just know that it worked for me when someone mentioned he got the game earlier in this topic.

you return to the Chat is overdue

---

I'll go on tomorrow, I'm up at 5 for school so I'm off to sleep, I even played GoT through remote play so I could stay in bed lol.

Next 3 weeks are gonna be hell for me, Bloodborne is begging to played... Axiom Verge is out next week and I don't think I'll be able to play it. Then there's also Xenoblade releasing the week before my exams. Having the time of my life here lol.

TOTP: Buy Bloodborne on the PS4. Buy Toukiden Kiwami on the Vita. Buy Axiom Verge for both systems. Although the Vita version is only coming later on, even if you only own that system, buy the PS4 version now, get your indie 10% discount, and simply play it on the Vita when it drops.

Top Bottom