• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Benedict

I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere that PSTV is one of the best platforms to play PsOne games on, but can't remember where or why.
Somebody here know the answer?
Some sort of technical advantage? Resolution?

I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere that PSTV is one of the best platforms to play PsOne games on, but can't remember where or why.
Somebody here know the answer?
Some sort of technical advantage? Resolution?

I am not a technical expert that will be able to tell out about color saturation or v-sync but I know that it looks good and can use your PS4 controller. That's all I need.

Well, just Platinumed Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on my Vita. Although the game ran pretty poorly, I was still able to finish and enjoy the game.

That's one of the things I love most about the Vita. It's become my classic Playstation machine. I'm now considering going back to Metal Gear Solid 2 or giving Suikoden a try.

Which is awesome. Long live the Vita.

autoduelist

So how bad is the Vita version of Ratchet & Clank Q Force/FFA?

It's cheap in the easter sale, but if it's almost unplayable as the early reports seemed to suggest, I'll pass.

I had a blast with it and platinum'd it. Hardly 'unplayable'. It's sort of a action action/ arena tower defense sort of game with R&C style action, not your standard R&C game. That is, it plays just like R&C except you're defending a base and attacking an enemy base/completing goals instead of more linear levels. Really fun imo.

Repeating parts of a game because you fucked up is a valuable lesson. Yes, even in JRPGs with uneven difficulty curves. It teaches you to get good.

Some may complain that a game doesn't value your time when it does something like that. However I say that you don't value the game's time when you complain about it.

Gotta agree. A perfect example would be something like some of the optional dungeons in SMT Nocturne. Go too deep and die? Lose your progress. Yes, this sucks. But the alternative? Save after every battle... no risk, no danger, always progress. Reward is so much better when it comes with risk.

translation of tweet? new ys game for vita? or steam? or?

I'm thinking localization announcements.
Pair/nudity reference = Senran Kagura
"Ys"ter = Ys Next

Also, update yo' Vitas!

tEgH4il.jpg

Shun

60 fps remote play is glorious. Work much better than I expected.

How does it compare to the Wii U, for anyone who owns a Vita and a Wii U could you test it?

Remote Play isn't locked fps and is dependent on your internet connection right?

I'm not sure because I've only had a Vita recently with no means to try Remote Play so I want to know how decent it is if I get a PS4 in the future.

Any flaws to note like input lag or big cons? I'm in the dark.

autoduelist

How does it compare to the Wii U, for anyone who owns a Vita and a Wii U could you test it?

Remote Play isn't locked fps and is dependent on your internet connection right?

I'm not sure because I've only had a Vita recently with no means to try Remote Play so I want to know how decent it is if I get a PS4 in the future.

Any flaws to note like input lag or big cons? I'm in the dark.

I can't compare it to WiiU, but I will say Vita remote play is freaking magical. It may take some fiddling with settings, but... yeah. It's good.

Pros - ps4 on your vita.
Cons - some people have to fiddle with settings, or, in rare cases, get a better router.

Shun

No PS4 to test it with but I have a Wii U and it's flawless and I love it. No problems at all other than range.

I understand that when you're close to a PS4 it should work fairly well, but what are experiences outside of direct connection like through home internet or Google Internet at Starbucks?

I have Airport Extreme for router.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Exactly, all the more reason Ray Gigant's chances aren't great.

Also worth pointing out that One Piece/J-Stars have PS3 & 4 versions.

I'm not holding out hope for Ray Gigant, but stranger things have happened.

99% of the bamco games are from big animes, so it's not really a deciding factor since some games comes while others not, even from the same franchise.

Look at things:
-all Experience vita games until now were or are going to be localized(apart stranger, but i'm sure it will be the next one)
-No Experience game were published by Namco
-apart from long running series today's bamco makes almost exclusively anime games(to sell more i guess)

Now with these premises in mind do you really think that bamco would pair with Experience for a new ip to sell few thousands of copies in Japan?
Obviously if the game bombs hard chances will decrease, but imo bamco is planning to localize it.

FireSol

Demon Gaze is finally on sale, does it worth trying for person who is not familiar with dungeon crawlers, payed only Persona Q?

RK128

Well, just Platinumed Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on my Vita. Although the game ran pretty poorly, I was still able to finish and enjoy the game.

That's one of the things I love most about the Vita. It's become my classic Playstation machine. I'm now considering going back to Metal Gear Solid 2 or giving Suikoden a try.

Which is awesome. Long live the Vita.

Got half way through the game myself and the game, while it could of ran a bit better, it is more then enough a playable version of an utter PS2 Classic :).

Even Jak 3 runs okay (the driving missions control great; that is very, very important considering the frame-rate issues the game has), and Jak 2 run the best between the three games in the collection (very odd, considering this my least favorite of the trilogy XD!).

I overall enjoy the collection so far and I'm glad you enjoyed the game too man :D. You reminded me that I have to play through MGS1-4 by the end of the year; want to honor the work Kojima did for the series after the whole controversy of him leaving/getting kicked out/ect of Konami (still a bit sour of that X(; Silent Hills being cancelled :'().

Most likely going to start with MGS1 first then move onwards from there....and the series never really clicked with me in the past. I did get all the main-line numbered games (MGS1 through PSN on PS3/Vita, MGS2 and 3 HD through the Vita version of the collection, MGS4 for my PS3 around the time I got my system in 2011) though, so it is just a matter of playing through them :).

Heard fantastic things about the series, so it should be quite fun jumping into the MGS series this year :D.

RK128

Is that confirmed or just speculation based on Kojima leaving Konami?

It is speculation, but based on the quality of past non-Team Silent Silent Hill games....I am leaning on the game being canned :(. Kojima looked to be the only one that really pushed for the game to be made and with him out of the picture, Konami might just cancel the game on spite of him leaving (like what happened with the Mega Man creator left; four Mega Man games being canned with him not being their X().

eFKac

I had a blast with it and platinum'd it. Hardly 'unplayable'. It's sort of a action action/ arena tower defense sort of game with R&C style action, not your standard R&C game. That is, it plays just like R&C except you're defending a base and attacking an enemy base/completing goals instead of more linear levels. Really fun imo.

I meant more in the sense of game performance, I've read about some big performance issues on the Vita version.

But I guess since you managed to platinum it, it can't be that bad and years of playing on laptops and underpowered PC's made me very forgiving towards framerate drops and other performance issues. Will probably get it then, thanks.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Does Super Monkey Ball vita get crazy difficult like the other games in the series or are you actually able to finish it?
I think it's the hardest in the series. With SMB1 you eventually unlock infinite continues so you can just kinda force your way through it. SMB2 has a story mode where you can just do one level at a time. The Vita stages vet just as hard as those games but you always have limited continues. I really enjoyed the game and the stage design is excellent, but yeah I really wish you could just do one stage at a time without being forced to play through the entire thing every time with limited continues. Makes the frustration level a bit too high.

SerTapTap

My video for Yorbie: Payback's a Bolt is out, yeah it's late but I didn't get a code until yesterday. Like I said I'm not a huge fan, it's basically a content-line R&C: All 4 One. I played half way through the 5 levels in the game (the video shows all of level 1). The combat and graphics aren't bad but there's not enough to the game to support them. I'm sure it's more fun with co op, but that's always true and there are better base games to start your co op PS4 fun on.

$66 64GB cards on Play Asia, I assume shipping ain't free because it never is

Disgaea 5 demo is available on JP PSN store.

Oh, gonna have to check that out and see if I even survive the menus

when you have superior suspend/resume
you need no auto-save peasantry

Nah, I switch games often (or I want to anyway) so no autosave or at least a temp suspend save is really annoying even on Vita for me

deadfolk

It is speculation, but based on the quality of past non-Team Silent Silent Hill games....I am leaning on the game being canned :(. Kojima looked to be the only one that really pushed for the game to be made and with him out of the picture, Konami might just cancel the game on spite of him leaving (like what happened with the Mega Man creator left; four Mega Man games being canned with him not being their X().

I knew it seemed too good to be true.

Please do not let this be true. I do not know if my heart can take any more.

VLiberty

I think it's the hardest in the series. With SMB1 you eventually unlock infinite continues so you can just kinda force your way through it. SMB2 has a story mode where you can just do one level at a time. The Vita stages vet just as hard as those games but you always have limited continues. I really enjoyed the game and the stage design is excellent, but yeah I really wish you could just do one stage at a time without being forced to play through the entire thing every time with limited continues. Makes the frustration level a bit too high.
Lol I'm not even bothering then
I hope it does eventually end up on PS+ though

Got half way through the game myself and the game, while it could of ran a bit better, it is more then enough a playable version of an utter PS2 Classic :).

Even Jak 3 runs okay (the driving missions control great; that is very, very important considering the frame-rate issues the game has), and Jak 2 run the best between the three games in the collection (very odd, considering this my least favorite of the trilogy XD!).

I overall enjoy the collection so far and I'm glad you enjoyed the game too man :D. You reminded me that I have to play through MGS1-4 by the end of the year; want to honor the work Kojima did for the series after the whole controversy of him leaving/getting kicked out/ect of Konami (still a bit sour of that X(; Silent Hills being cancelled :'().

Most likely going to start with MGS1 first then move onwards from there....and the series never really clicked with me in the past. I did get all the main-line numbered games (MGS1 through PSN on PS3/Vita, MGS2 and 3 HD through the Vita version of the collection, MGS4 for my PS3 around the time I got my system in 2011) though, so it is just a matter of playing through them :).

Heard fantastic things about the series, so it should be quite fun jumping into the MGS series this year :D.

That's fantastic! I finished MGS for the first time a few months ago. It can be a bit tough to get into now, but it's so worth it if you give it a chance. Brilliant game. Kojima leaving is definitely enough to give this series a chance. That'll be my new New Years resolution!

Top Bottom