• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

SerTapTap

FuBuv8D.png

Is there a name for the "evil eye" sort of too-narrow iris like that? I gave my Freedom Wars character those (<3 FW customization)

RK128

That's fantastic! I finished MGS for the first time a few months ago. It can be a bit tough to get into now, but it's so worth it if you give it a chance. Brilliant game. Kojima leaving is definitely enough to give this series a chance. That'll be my new New Years resolution!

That is what I feel to :). I liked what I played of the four games (played very little of all of them) and playing more of them might make me appreciate them more :D.

Starting with MGS1 sounds like a good idea, them move to MSG2, MGS3 and lastly MGS4 (man, is that going to eat up my PS3's HDD X().

Maid

Banned
FuBuv8D.png

Is there a name for the "evil eye" sort of too-narrow iris like that? I gave my Freedom Wars character those (<3 FW customization)

I think they are called psycho girls or something along the like.

Regarding Disgaea 5, there are some good things I caught on, but not much since I can't really read the JP tutorial well.

- Maid class.
- Skip dialogue button. As in, completely skip the talking segment.
- Everyone can bring 2 kinds of weapon to battle, and freely choose which one to use in attack.
- When creating new character, you can spend money to increase their level. They are capped by your highest character level or the one you use to create other, I don't know. The point is, less grinding!
- Base is pretty, OST is great, too.
- More new varieties of monsters and human classes. Especially Maid.

I don't see much improvement regarding graphic, and it's still early in the game so non of that "100 enemies on screen at time".

SerTapTap

I think they are called psycho girls or something along the like.

Regarding Disgaea 5, there are some good things I caught on, but not much since I can't really read the JP tutorial well.

- Maid class.
- Skip dialogue button. As in, completely skip the talking segment.
- Everyone can bring 2 kinds of weapon to battle, and freely choose which one to use in attack.
- When creating new character, you can spend money to increase their level. They are capped by your highest character level or the one you use to create other, I don't know. The point is, less grinding!
- Base is pretty, OST is great, too.
- More new varieties of monsters and human classes. Especially Maid.

I don't see much improvement regarding graphic, and it's still early in the game so non of that "100 enemies on screen at time".

There's always been a dialog skip. Cool you can swap weapons. Maid is a class? I thought that was a unique character. Or is there a separate generic class? More ways to get around grinding is always great. I hope they kept in almost all the old human/monster classes. I miss Disgaea 1 Angels. PRAY. REPENT. DIE.

Maid

Banned
There's always been a dialog skip. Cool you can swap weapons. Maid is a class? I thought that was a unique character. Or is there a separate generic class? More ways to get around grinding is always great. I hope they kept in almost all the old human/monster classes. I miss Disgaea 1 Angels. PRAY. REPENT. DIE.

I don't remember you can press skip to skip unread dialogue and it will jump to the next event/segment instantly, but then I haven't played any Vita version so it could be improvement I don't know of. Also Maid is a creatable class, so it's a generic one (at base there are several maids strolling around, lol).

I also see a new type of weapon, a shield. Not sure though, just see it appear on the mastery window, alongside with other weapons.

SerTapTap

I think you could always press something before beginning a mission to skip all dialog, I'm not sure if there was a skip button when you're already in dialog but I'd be surprised if there wasn't. Disgaea's always had fantastic options to cut down on the fluff. Unlike every other J/SRPG in existence.

Did Sony upgrade their servers? I just downloaded a 5GB GTA 5 update in like 5 minutes. That never happens. Also I did a connection test and i got 17.3 mbps down and 3.4 mbps up. That also never happens. It's usually 5 mbps down and 2 mbps up.

antibolo

Banned
I'm pretty sure that I've read somewhere that PSTV is one of the best platforms to play PsOne games on, but can't remember where or why.
Somebody here know the answer?
Some sort of technical advantage? Resolution?

The best platform to play PS1 games on is an actual PS1 or PS2 connected to a CRT in RGB.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Hmm....did you change your avatar recently? I thought I see something else....or is that memory lapse?

Switched it back as saw someone else had the same thing. Was only a temporary thing since I literally almost never change avatars out of this one.

My video for Yorbie: Payback's a Bolt is out, yeah it's late but I didn't get a code until yesterday. Like I said I'm not a huge fan, it's basically a content-line R&C: All 4 One. I played half way through the 5 levels in the game (the video shows all of level 1). The combat and graphics aren't bad but there's not enough to the game to support them. I'm sure it's more fun with co op, but that's always true and there are better base games to start your co op PS4 fun on.

Thanks. Looks OK. My PS4 time is limited so I am probably going to pass for something better. Would play on Vita.

kudoboi

sup psnGAF. i had the Playstation TV for about 3 weeks now and just bought a PS4 today so i guess ill be joining this GAF community :D

Used to play exclusively on PC but i couldn't resist the exclusives on Playstation platforms (Persona 4 Golden, Infamous: Second Son, Little Big Planet 3, DriveClub, The Last Of Us, etc)

SerTapTap

Thanks. Looks OK. My PS4 time is limited so I am probably going to pass for something better. Would play on Vita.

Exceedingly okay is pretty much how I'd describe it. Look forward to Assault Android Cactus for Vita though. They're late but they finally hit full alpha on PC so it should be this year I would guess?

autoduelist

I meant more in the sense of game performance, I've read about some big performance issues on the Vita version.

But I guess since you managed to platinum it, it can't be that bad and years of playing on laptops and underpowered PC's made me very forgiving towards framerate drops and other performance issues. Will probably get it then, thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was saying -- if there were major performance issues I don't even remember them... all I remember is really enjoying the game for what it was. Granted, I'm also forgiving of issues for the same reason you are. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the game had some performance issues if people were making a fuss, I'm just objecting to the idea it made it 'unplayable'. I enjoyed that plat.

Producer

Oh man, you guys better buy Sayonara Umihara Kawase. Its the best platformer on 3DS, now at 60fps and more stages n stuff.

Plus, SNES og is a classic and amazing bonus.

Tizoc

Welp my US account only has 3 months left in it, same prob. for my UK account XD.
Come on sonty, gimme a discount on Plus or a 3 month bonus!

VLiberty

I wanted to buy some games but sigh

1) vita is completely dead
2) when it will be charged I'll have to download the update
3) once it's updated, I'll have to free some gigs

and then I'll have to deal with my shitty connection, which will take up to some days to download the games.

downloading the games on PS3 while I do the rest and then transferring them is obviously out of question

oh well #firstworldproblems

kudoboi

so guys.. is it possible to register retail copies of games onto my PS4 profile so i can download it off PS store if i lose the disc or something in the future?

VLiberty

Woah, apparently the PS+ daily update triggers even if the battery is dead. Amazing

(unfortunately, due to the Playstation updates being sometimes a lethal trap, I've turned off the automatic System Update)

so guys.. is it possible to register retail copies of games onto my PS4 profile so i can download it off PS store if i lose the disc or something in the future?

Nope, if you go retail you need the disk. If you are worried about losing your disks, you should go digital.

eFKac

sup psnGAF. i had the Playstation TV for about 3 weeks now and just bought a PS4 today so i guess ill be joining this GAF community :D

Used to play exclusively on PC but i couldn't resist the exclusives on Playstation platforms (Persona 4 Golden, Infamous: Second Son, Little Big Planet 3, DriveClub, The Last Of Us, etc)

Welcome man, if you'd be interested in some DriveClub, TLoU or GTA V multiplayer shenanigans, add me on PSN: Filip_Kackiewicz.

Uuu TotP, exciting.

Grab Rain, Entwined or Sound Shapes, all great smaller digital games, currently on easter sale in EU!

Top Bottom