• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

Agent X

I posted this in another thread a little earlier tonight, but perhaps more Vita owners will see it here (and it's relevant to PSN as well).

Has anyone else noticed that the PS Vita firmware 3.50 has now completely broken online scoreboard functionality?

You read that correctly, people. Online scoreboards in Vita games simply do not work at all.

This is similar to Sony's similar botch job when 3.30 was released, which I described in this thread. Of course, at that time, there was at least still partial functionality...now there is no functionality whatsoever. The PS Vita can still connect to PSN for friends list access, but games on the system act as if in permanent offline mode, and won't even make an attempt to connect online.

Sony's firmware crew really has been dropping the ball lately. How long will it take them to fix the problem this time?

EDIT: Problem might not affect all games, just some of them. See update in post # 3623 below.

Shizuka

I really want to get a PS4, but it's still a lot of money and I can't keep up with yet another platform to buy games. I'm just getting wrapped up with law school and stuff, I don't feel like it's the right time even though I want it badly. I have so fucking many Vita, PS3, 3DS, PSP, DS, iOS, Steam, Android and whatever games, I'd have to spend three lifetimes to play them all.

AsfaeksBR

Play them? Hahaha, silly you.
Playing is like the meta-game. The true game is collecting them. For each 20 you buy, 1 you play. For each 50 you buy, 1 you finish. That's the true game!
or at least that's what I learned on SteamGAF

Shizuka

Playing is like the meta-game. The true game is collecting them. For each 20 you buy, 1 you play. For each 50 you buy, 1 you finish. That's the true game!

That sounds about right. That's not healthy though, I should get my situation straight and stop buying so many games!

That said, is anyone using the high contrast option on the Vita? It's new, with the accessibility menu and all that.

I really want to get a PS4, but it's still a lot of money and I can't keep up with yet another platform to buy games. I'm just getting wrapped up with law school and stuff, I don't feel like it's the right time even though I want it badly. I have so fucking many Vita, PS3, 3DS, PSP, DS, iOS, Steam, Android and whatever games, I'd have to spend three lifetimes to play them all.

Bloodborne says yes. However, if you are only doing it for one game, probably not. Besides isn't it super expensive where you are?

Adeptrain

I was in the same situation (not the law school stuff, the gaming portion) and Bloodborne kinda pushed me into getting a ps4 on Thursday. So far, I'm a lot poorer, but no regrets!!!! :)

Shizuka

Bloodborne says yes. However, if you are only doing it for one game, probably not. Besides isn't it super expensive where you are?

Very expensive, yes. It'd be for Type-0 HD and Bloodborne, maybe Omega Quintet as well. I don't know, if I still had my internship, I'd do it.

I was in the same situation (not the law school stuff, the gaming portion) and Bloodborne kinda pushed me into getting a ps4 on Thursday. So far, I'm a lot poorer, but no regrets!!!! :)

I know I probably wouldn't regret it on the gaming side, but I can't think just as a gamer, since my money isn't used solely for gaming.

AsfaeksBR

With the current price of the dollar, converting it to reais, you can pretty easily find one for $400~$450 with 3 months of warranty.

Shizuka

With the current price of the dollar, converting it to reais, you can pretty easily find one for $400~$450 with 3 months of warranty.

It doesn't make it any less expensive than what it is for our country. R$1500 is a lot of money, a fucking lot of money.

Maid

Banned
It doesn't make it any less expensive than what it is for our country. R$1500 is a lot of money, a fucking lot of money.

Well, I do think you don't need to hurry. Type-0 will be in bargain bin soon, and Bloodborne has the high chance to get the discount since it's one of Sony's game, so you could wait a bit longer until your finance situation is surplus for this.

It doesn't seem like there are many thing you want right now on the PS4 anyway.

AsfaeksBR

This, combined with you comment on how you only want a few games, is what's making me hesitant on getting a Vita. I REALLY want to play 5 games on it, and that's it. It's half of the price of a PS4, but it's still a lot of money for such little things.

And even though a good PC + G27 is 4x the price of a Vita, it makes more sense to me since I already have 700+ games on Steam with a huuuge backlog. Combine it with the fact that I REALLY want to play ETS2 and other racing sims, and overall It has a better price/benefit.

Shizuka

Well, I do think you don't need to hurry. Type-0 will be in bargain bin soon, and Bloodborne has the high chance to get the discount since it's one of Sony's game, so you could wait a bit longer until your finance situation is surplus for this.

It doesn't seem like there are many thing you want right now on the PS4 anyway.

You just calmed me, I guess you're right. Thank you, Maid.

This, combined with you comment on how you only want a few games, is what's making me hesitant on getting a Vita. I REALLY want to play 5 games on it, and that's it. It's half of the price of a PS4, but it's still a lot of money for such little things.

And even though a good PC + G27 is 4x the price of a Vita, it makes more sense to me since I already have 700+ games on Steam with a huuuge backlog. Combine it with the fact that I REALLY want to play ETS2 and other racing sims, and overall It has a better price/benefit.

Pshh, not the same thing, because the Vita is the best system ever and you know it.

As long as you buy it before Persona 5 hits, for the superior remote-playable version, I think you will be ok :)

Oh, I'll definitely buy Persona 5
on the PS3.

Persona 5 on my Vita sounds amazing. Though just not the way I imagined it.
I've learned to embrace remote play you know, specially now with the 60fps mode. I own both systems, if I am able to play gorgeous games on my handheld that otherwise wouldn't be on the Vita, why not? Thing is stable as fuck, doesn't need internet connection if you are in the same room as the console, and it even allows for button mapping now. Heck, this being an RPG you won't even have to worry about lag, not that there is much anyway... been playing Bloodborne just fine on it :)

SerTapTap

I 've long since given up on beating or even "playing" all my games to a significant degree. The first thing you should consider is, is it an expense you can live with. Honestly it's not too much for me, I wouldn't be out on the street if I fuck up a $400 purchase.

Second is how much enjoyment do you need to consider that money (plus game cost) to be "worth it"? For me I've already gotten my money's worth, and if I hadn't Disgaea 5 would probably singlehandedly do it for me...it's unlikely I'll spend less than 100 hours in that sucker, divide $400 for the PS4 + $60 for D5 and yeah, pretty worth it for me.

Finally, consider the urgency of it. You can waste hundreds of hours playing freeware if you want to. I have some old RPGs I can dunk time into if that's all I wanted to do. But Disgaea 5, I need to be a part of that shit. Borderlands 3, I need to play that day fucking one with 1-3 friends (and probably take a long weekend to do so). A game you'll play ASAP is way more valuable than one you'll backlog regardless of how long either is.

Agent X

I posted a little bit earlier (post # 3603) about this problem:

Has anyone else noticed that the PS Vita firmware 3.50 has now completely broken online scoreboard functionality?

You read that correctly, people. Online scoreboards in Vita games simply do not work at all.

It looks like the problem does not actually affect all games, just some of them. The first three games I tried today (Super Stardust Delta, Futuridium EP Deluxe, and Velocity 2X) all showed strange behavior, which I've described here.

Super Stardust Delta: Only shows my scores, as if I was playing locally without online access.

Futuridium EP Deluxe: Trying to access online scoreboards pops up a large message saying to press X to connect to PSN. Pressing the X button does nothing.

Velocity 2X: The Leaderboards option on the menu is grayed out, as if I wasn't connected to PSN. Tapping that portion of the menu does nothing.

I've also tried OlliOlli 2 and Aqua Kitty DX, and both of those games appear to have normally functioning online scoreboards, as far as I can tell.

If anyone else here has the PS Vita games Super Stardust Delta, Futuridium EP Deluxe, or Velocity 2X, please try loading them up, and tell me if you see similar behavior on your system.

Caved and bought Metal Slug 3. Vita version looks amazing without any filters. The screen is so small that it's hard to notice how blocky it is. PS4 on the other hand looks really blocky without any filters. I like the scanline filter for that version
Add me for co-op. PSN: Randy_M_Green

incpdo

Probably no one cares but it is my 30th birthday today. I have no money, I have no job for now( I'm currently looking) but my vita keeps me positive . I have so many games to play and yet so many will come. Im positive my resume will get me a nice job. But I realize if my attitude is negative things will come out negatively. Im enjoying hotline Miami 2 and lamulana way too much which is for me at the moment the goty for vita) so just a message for my favorite vita and not vitacats. Keep it up and positive. It will bring better things than whining about everything the only problem you cannot solve is death.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Probably no one cares but it is my 30th birthday today. I have no money, I have no job for now( I'm currently looking) but my vita keeps me positive . I have so many games to play and yet so many will come. Im positive my resume will get me a nice job. But I realize if my attitude is negative things will come out negatively. Im enjoying hotline Miami 2 and lamulana way too much which is for me at the moment the goty for vita) so just a message for my favorite vita and not vitacats. Keep it up and positive. It will bring better things than whining about everythings the only thing you cannot solve is death.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Happy birthday!

autoduelist

So. Oreshika.
Everyone really, really should buy this game. It's $20, which is both 'damn cheap' for a game of this quality, and 'damn expensive' because it's $20 out of pocket. But wow. This game is -beautiful-, unique, deep, and just smart all around. There is so much good in this game, so many systems, fast/fluid combat, a real sense of progression as you go through the generations mating with gods (tons of them, all well designed and with 3d spinnable models).

Dungeons/labyrinths/areas are complex and interlocking... they actually -feel- like dungeons moreso than almost any game i can think of. Beautifully drawn pathways that arc around in vertical space. Like, the dungeons sort of feel like what you might imagine an actual cavern with tons of interlocking tunnels might feel like... not floor 1, 2, 3, but just one big web.

Enemies, gods, your characters, backgrounds... everything is just so pretty. I don't generally care about art in games... i can play ascii games. But this is just so undeniably pretty.

Stats, mating/genetics, tactics, and general planning are as deep or as simple as you want them to be. for example, you can just blindly mate with a recommended god, or you can carefully craft your genetic history by hand picking gods that will mod your characters in specific ways. (i generally just go with whatever). Or, you can just ignore stats and recommendations and go with whatever god has physical features you like (Say, cat ears) and try to introduce them into your clan.

So many features are like that -- for example, you can just go with powerful items you lewt around dungeons, or you can carefully groom heirloom weapons that you pass down from generation to generation. Which you do is up to you -- one way, you get that 'feel' of new lewt in a dungeon, the other way you get that 'feel' of slowly making your own s-tier weapon. Same with armor. And of course, since you have a full team you can do it both ways.

Characters die, but there is no timed progression in the game... if you miss a vital event one year, just go next year (12 'turns' later). ] I could ramble about this game forever. It's fantastic. I'm on the 'long play setting' (supposed to take 100 hours) and I don't see myself burning out.

Buy this game.

Ok, Live Chat Support did nothing. Told me to Restore my licenses, then Deactivate and Re-Activate my PS4 as Primary and, since this didn't solve anything, "call us"...

I think I lost $60

Sounds like you already got this going, but never take it as a loss that quickly. You have proof of purchase, it'll work itself out.

But yeah, the storefront has been a bit glitchy for a couple months now about correctly showing what you own. I'm sure they're well aware of it by now, hopefully gets fixed soon.

I can find it on my download list

far more important than anywhere else, thankfully.

This is the truth. The less time you have, the more finding/buying games becomes the game. Heck, I can spend 6 hours just researching if there are any new roguelikes out there I should check out ... that's 6 hours spent not playing games in my backlog, that's 6 hours of adding games to my backlog, and that's .06% chance I'll play any of them.

That sounds about right. That's not healthy though, I should get my situation straight and stop buying so many games!

Stop second guessing yourself. If you enjoy getting the games, and can afford it... then it's likely more healthy just accepting that you like to buy them than it is guilt tripping yourself over it. Don't get me wrong-- it's also good to take some of that spare money and feed some stray cats or something... but don't beat yourself up over buying a $10 game as long as you're not putting your family at risk in doing so. Better than buying a beer or a pack of cigs, at least.

Tapejara

Probably no one cares but it is my 30th birthday today. I have no money, I have no job for now( I'm currently looking) but my vita keeps me positive . I have so many games to play and yet so many will come. Im positive my resume will get me a nice job. But I realize if my attitude is negative things will come out negatively. Im enjoying hotline Miami 2 and lamulana way too much which is for me at the moment the goty for vita) so just a message for my favorite vita and not vitacats. Keep it up and positive. It will bring better things than whining about everything the only problem you cannot solve is death.

Of course we care; happy birthday! I could really use some positivity in my life at the moment - see post a few days ago about mental health stuff :).

Also, La-Mulana EX is awesome. Between it, Helldivers and Blooborne, March has been an amazing month. I'd totally vote it for Game of the Month if I wasn't too lazy to PM Zero (Zero if you're reading this, I vote for La-Mulana).

So uh, I bought the Senran Kagura SV Vita Hikage avatar and I'm getting some bs co-10935-8 error or when trying to install it on my Vita.

Any ideas? Or is it actually not compatible even though it says it is on the store and in my downloads list?

So uh, I bought the Senran Kagura SV Vita Hikage avatar and I'm getting some bs co-10935-8 error or when trying to install it on my Vita.

Any ideas? Or is it actually not compatible even though it says it is on the store and in my downloads list?
premium avatars can only be selected on PS3. After that they can be seen on all systems though. Yeah, its stupid..

premium avatars can only be selected on PS3. After that they can be seen on all systems though. Yeah, its stupid..
Screenshots and a refund then. The store clearly has this thing marked as a Vita item.

Edit:

Lol wtf.

O7pOWwF.jpg

6ksDK4q.jpg

t3cQd6Z.jpg

ka7kcpp.jpg

I posted a little bit earlier (post # 3603) about this problem:

It looks like the problem does not actually affect all games, just some of them. The first three games I tried today (Super Stardust Delta, Futuridium EP Deluxe, and Velocity 2X) all showed strange behavior, which I've described here.

Super Stardust Delta: Only shows my scores, as if I was playing locally without online access.

Futuridium EP Deluxe: Trying to access online scoreboards pops up a large message saying to press X to connect to PSN. Pressing the X button does nothing.

Velocity 2X: The Leaderboards option on the menu is grayed out, as if I wasn't connected to PSN. Tapping that portion of the menu does nothing.

I've also tried OlliOlli 2 and Aqua Kitty DX, and both of those games appear to have normally functioning online scoreboards, as far as I can tell.

If anyone else here has the PS Vita games Super Stardust Delta, Futuridium EP Deluxe, or Velocity 2X, please try loading them up, and tell me if you see similar behavior on your system.

I fired up SSD and 2X, both leaderboards work. With the 3.30 issue I had the same issue. Weird that it's now different.

Happy birthday!

I'm also enjoying Hotline Miami 2. Finished normal on A+, going to start with Hard.

maouvin

Finally managed to get a Perfect Victory on Rin on dekamori. Her song doesn't seem harder than Daidoji's so I don't know why I was messing up.
Probably her mole got me, like Strea's did

And yes, that was on normal. Have yet to do anything on hard.

Happy birthday man!

deadfolk

So VitaGAF, I'm going to take a break from GAF due to my recent problems (some of you may have seen my thread). I figure getting away from game discussion for a while will allow me to get some of my sanity back. I'll probably be back within a month or so. Take care, y'all.

Sorry to hear that. You'll be missed, but your health is the most important thing. I hope you get yourself sorted and come back to us all shiny and new.

I can't imagine myself playing Persona on a TV screen. I like my social links on the fly, no strings attached.

Amen.

On that subject, I just (barely) started Persona Q last night. I've a feeling I'm in for a treat.

Am I the only one whp can't see the new demos listed on the PS4 in the PS store? I can only see the new demos, such as Tokuden and Dynasty Warriors: Empires, if I go on the webstore on my computer and download from there to my PS4.

bobohoro

VitaGAF, should I get a PS4?

Don't do it and wait with me for the eventual price cute/hardware revision. It would have made sense to get it in anticipiation of Bloodborne and all that hype, but you won't be getting on that train anymore, so it should be easier to hold off now.

Happy birthday!

And yeah, it can be rough, but keep your head up. It's totally ok to stay afloat, mentally, with gaming and the joy of new video game releases helps in times of struggle, but as you said, look out for opportunities and work on your attitude. Enjoying HM2 and La-Mulana is a good indication that you have the willpower to do it. ;)

the video quality for RemotePlay to Vita needs to get better
Wilflare, are you connecting directly or over a network? Or just being picky? :p On your last post you commented on the video quality too talking about compression, but to be honest I don't see it on my side, even with 60fps toggled. Looks as sharp as a knife

Woot, happy day of birth! Here's hoping for many more to come in our company aha.

Amen.

On that subject, I just (barely) started Persona Q last night. I've a feeling I'm in for a treat.
Yup, I had said it before, PQ is a love letter to us fans. Have fun!

incpdo

Thanks to all of you guys , feels good to be a vitagaffer . its a weird birthday because against all odds I'm having a blast today and your words of kindness just improve my experience. Thanks again! I'll continue playing.

On topic: let me ask you guys , what is the Japanese only game you want to be localized and what are the chances of the localization to happen?

Mine is the 7h dragon game. But I'm pretty sure will never be localized.

Thanks to all of you guys , feels good to be a vitagaffer . its a weird birthday because against all odds I'm having a blast today and your words of kindness just improve my experience. Thanks again! I'll continue playing.

On topic: let me ask you guys , what is the Japanese only game you want to be localized and what are the chances of the localization to happen?

Mine is the 7h dragon game. But I'm pretty sure will never be localized.
Damn, that game looked mighty fine. A shame it never came over but now it's too late... As for myself, I feel like everyone here knows because I talk about it every day, God Eater 2 Rage Burst. Just fucking announce it already Bamco!

deadfolk

I always seem to have a problem with GTA 5. Every two to three seconds, there's an audio dropout for just a fraction of a second. It's incredibly irritating to the point where I don't bother. Doesn't happen with any other game.

wilflare

Wilflare, are you connecting directly or over a network? Or just being picky? :p On your last post you commented on the video quality too talking about compression, but to be honest I don't see it on my side, even with 60fps toggled. Looks as sharp as a knife

I'm just being picky I guess. it works fine. no drop-outs, no stuttering, everything runs smooth.

just that it isn't as sharp as compared to playing it on TV or playing Native Vita games on it

Agent X

I fired up SSD and 2X, both leaderboards work. With the 3.30 issue I had the same issue. Weird that it's now different.

Thanks for responding on this issue. I remember that you experienced the same problems that I experienced on 3.30. The strange thing now is that the affected games won't even attempt to connect to PSN, even though I can see from other system functions (friends list, notifications) that the system is still actively connected.

Also, since certain games do seem to be working normally, I have to wonder if this has something to do with the way the games were developed. Perhaps some games use certain functions of the SDK to access online scoreboards, while other games use a different set of functions and are therefore affected differently.

SerTapTap

The OST for Axiom Verge will be released monday (before launch), it'll be on Amazon, Bandcamp, Google Play and a few others. If you haven't heard it, it's...you might want to hear it.

Screenshots and a refund then. The store clearly has this thing marked as a Vita item.

WTF? Their handling of avatars is crazy. They really need to let the webstore, PS4 and Vita change avatars. Webstore as a bare minimum so everyone can change. It's weird that themes were fully implemented yet avatars are still PS3 only. I just leave my premium avatar on at all times, too annoying to change. Not that I mind having lil Histoire as my icon.

Not sure it can at this point, it seems a bit worse on 60 FPS if I'm not mistaken. I also get some dropped frames on 60 FPS. It feels closer to 60 but not quite. A game I was playing was playable but it was hardly a case where I'd just play on RP vs PS4.

Haven't played Hotline Miami 2 actually (wasn't a big fan of the gameplay of the original, instadeath is very stressful outside of shmups for me). Review embargo is up in 3 days, I'm sure you can wait =p
Guess I'll have to. And even if you don't play the game, DO LISTEN TO THE OST. Actually, this is a PSA for everyone here, the OST for that game is fucking mental. Hotline Miami's OST was phenomenal, but the sequel brings the quality even higher. Out of the 50 something tracks in the release, I listen to about 30 of them daily on my commute to school and work, which is more than I can say about any other OST.

TOTP: BUY AXIOM VERGE NEXT WEEK. Change your avy to a picture of yourself for Fridays for the whole day. #turntUpFridays shall be a thing from now on, everyone join me the party.

Top Bottom