• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

oldmario

has anyone else noticed since the last firmware update on vita that it hasn't been auto uploading saves every night? i have the game selected to auto upload and even closed the game the other night but nope nothing have to manually do it myself

Benedict

Somebody else having problem with the Sync on Isaac on Vita?
I keep losing progress because when I sync it reverts back to an old sync instead of syncing/uploading my latest gameplay...
SO I have to start again, and again.
Have I misunderstood the sync-button in Isaac?
Should I never press it after I progressed in the game?

Renpatsu

has anyone else noticed since the last firmware update on vita that it hasn't been auto uploading saves every night? i have the game selected to auto upload and even closed the game the other night but nope nothing have to manually do it myself
Nothing on my end that suggests it is an issue specific to the latest firmware. Might be something else causing it.

Somebody else having problem with the Sync on Isaac on Vita?
I keep losing progress because when I sync it reverts back to an old sync instead of syncing/uploading my latest gameplay...
SO I have to start again, and again.
Have I misunderstood the sync-button in Isaac?
Should I never press it after I progressed in the game?
Sync has issues at the moment last time I checked. It's generally recommended that you do not use the sync option in game until the next patch.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hungry Horde is a bad game. My only trophy on it being called "lazy developer" seems appropriate. Well, back to Binding of Isaac.

Edit: Oh, it turns out I did get another trophy without realising it. Well that first trophy is still appropriate.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon just charged me for my HRAP v4 (almost two weeks after the supposed launch), and thanks to the import fees deposit my wallet is destroyed. Might save this $15 to help paying for Xrd next month.
I'm so happy there are still people buying HRAPs lol. Hori will always be the best stick maker imo with legendary PCB reliability compared to MadCatz. Still wish they made sticks in the gen 2 form factor though, so comfortable for lap play.

How is the stand for the vita 2k? If mainly used as put down and charge?

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/playst...ation-vita-cable-with-stand-for-pch-2000.html
Vita doesn't have contact charging so if you're expecting to easily and quickly drop it in/pick it up, it doesn't really work. Main point of the thing is just to have a way to keep the Vita in vertical viewing position (for movies or something) while charging. It still uses a microusb plug so you still have to apply pressure to plug it in and pry the two apart with both hands when removing it rather than just being able to pick it up. It's not particularly sturdy either due to the small base.

Sound advice, I approve.

oS8JaUR.jpg

Ugh, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive, I should have went digital.

I was wondering why I couldn't find this thread, can anyone tell me why it has been moved to community?

This thread in Community is such shit.

You can't go wrong with Warriors of the Lost Empire, people. Just be warned that its 1.6GB to install.

It has music by Yuzo Koshiro, great art direction, and the gameplay looks to be OK if you are into dungeon crawler games.

Worth $3 for the music alone.

I'm still super impressed by Freedom Wars, technically it's just incredible. Why don't other Vita games look this clean?

autoduelist

There are lots of boring people out there.

I think it's fair not liking the game for it's artstyle. As long as the person say it and stop trolling/bashing the game more than necessary, as this starts to be annoying.

It's fair, though I don't really 'get' it. If BoI replaced poop with flowers, and all monsters and items got reskinned... it would still have the same terrific gameplay. And you'd just be going zen blowing up flowers. I wouldn't really notice or care, though I do think BoI gets bonus points for a very unique perspective.

I guess art in games just really doesn't bother me... there are a couple games I really like the art in (I really like cell shading in games like Valkyria Chronicles and Borderlands, and I really like neon arcade games like bullet hell games or TxK or Resogun). But there's no game where the art bothers me, and certainly not to the point of not playing. I think some of the big headed anime (the vandal hearts flame of judgement HD game comes to mind) look goofy, but whatever, I get over it in like 30 seconds. Some of the Japanese action games last gen looked budget (Binary Domain comes to mind) but I enjoyed my time with them... I just couldn't imagine taking points off for artwork in a game.

Benedict

Is the PSN store broken on PS3?
Having great difficulty getting in on my PS3 after turning it on for the first time in a couple of weeks.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Call me how you want but to me real "Art" died loooooooong time ago, anyone saying that art doesn't need a fair amount of skill and aesthetic(that doesn't mean beautiful) but just needs to be "interesting" is straight trying to sell you poop(for very high price)
menos01_manzoni2-150x150.jpg

(do anyone find a box of poop interesting?)

Real "Art" is like (instrumental)music, is universal, doesn't need instruction booklets or someone that explains to you why it's "beautiful", "art" or "interesting".

EDIT:
just to be clear i'm not talking about BOI(i like its aesthetics) but "Art" in general.

Valkyria

Banned
I'm not feeling Binding of Isaac. Dying and starting over without any experience or object to carry it's quite boring. I was tempted by Rogue Legacy, but if it is similar I better wait for a possible PSN+ game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not feeling Binding of Isaac. Dying and starting over without any experience or object to carry it's quite boring. I was tempted by Rogue Legacy, but if it is similar I better wait for a possible PSN+ game.

In Rogue Legacy when you die you keep your money and with those you can buy permanent upgrades and equipment.

Call me how you want but to me real "Art" died loooooooong time ago, anyone saying that art doesn't need a fair amount of skill and aesthetic(that doesn't mean beautiful) but just needs to be "interesting" is straight trying to sell you poop(for very high price)

(do anyone find a box of poop interesting?)

Real "Art" is like (instrumental)music, is universal, doesn't need instruction booklets or someone that explains to you why it's "beautiful", "art" or "interesting".

EDIT:
just to be clear i'm not talking about BOI(i like its aesthetics) but "Art" in general.

I'm not going to get back into this discussion past this comment, but that "art" was incredibly important to the progression of fine art as a medium. It forced an audience to view art as more than just aesthetics, which opened up a huge number of possibilities for new ideas. I don't really like that type of art either, but that doesn't make it any less valuable to the progression of the medium in its entirety.

Is there a way to get all of the audio to pump out to my wireless headset? I tried playing advanced warfare with some friends but the only way I could hear them is if I set my headset to chat only and the game audio came out through my tv. I want everything to come out of my headset though.

Is there a way to get all of the audio to pump out to my wireless headset? I tried playing advanced warfare with some friends but the only way I could hear them is if I set my headset to chat only and the game audio came out through my tv. I want everything to come out of my headset though.

I unfortunately don't have an answer for you, but I've got a similar question for anyone who does know the answer to these things:
My vita audio via headphones seems to be missing a lot of the bass. I've tried messing with the jack (trying to orient it so that it is fully connected) without success. Is this a vita issue or a jack issue or a headphone issue?

delSai

Hungry Horde is a bad game. My only trophy on it being called "lazy developer" seems appropriate. Well, back to Binding of Isaac.

Edit: Oh, it turns out I did get another trophy without realising it. Well that first trophy is still appropriate.
I kinda liked the bit i played of it, but that doesn't mean its a good game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not going to get back into this discussion past this comment, but that "art" was incredibly important to the progression of fine art as a medium. It forced an audience to view art as more than just aesthetics, which opened up a huge number of possibilities for new ideas. I don't really like that type of art either, but that doesn't make it any less valuable to the progression of the medium in its entirety.

Maybe i was not clear, or maybe i don't understand what you mean, but i'm not saying that "Art" should be realistic or beautiful, but it should have a fair amount of skill and aesthetic to it, using a culinary metaphor real "Art" is like slow food cooked by a good cook(not necessarily a chef), you may not like its taste or appearance but you can't deny it's something valuable or good, calling "Art" those pieces you refer to is like give to fast food the high quality slow food label and selling for high price.

You said that thanks to that so called "Art" there were new ideas, possibilities etc, well people like fast food, fast food gives work to lots of people and some new ideas of food and business were born, but fast food remains fast food, no one is trying to sell it as something else, that's because fast food is meant to be cheap, real "Art" on the other hand is expensive, no one would pay lots of money for something that's not defined "Art", that's why even poop is considered "Art", there's nothing noble in art today, today's art is just a market where people want to make as much as possible, just straight speculation.

ZeroAKA

Rogue Legacy has a permanent upgrade system. You lose the coins that you didn't spend before you start each new run, but all of your upgrades and equipment stay.

maouvin

Where did you get Shinovi Versus and Freedom Wars?

I'm all digital. Vita games are way too expensive here.

I'm so happy there are still people buying HRAPs lol. Hori will always be the best stick maker imo with legendary PCB reliability compared to MadCatz. Still wish they made sticks in the gen 2 form factor though, so comfortable for lap play.

Well, Hori managed to keep the HRAP v4 price at $150 while MadCatz is going for the $200 tag - that certainly helped my choice. I only had a VSHG until now and played little with Horis and TEs, so both would be new for me.

Rogue Legacy has a permanent upgrade system. You lose the coins that you didn't spend before you start each new run, but all of your upgrades and equipment stay.

Still, Rogue Legacy is balanced around that mechanic and scales leveling & difficulty, to where you get the same roguelite effect of starting from scratch, but without the defeating psychology. It's a placebo... one I like, but still.

Man, I'm having a blast with Binding of Isaac, even though I'm not getting near as nice a success rate as some of my friends, it's fun just msging each other back and forth saying what you saw or got. Locked in a nice seed code I'm going to try and finish out, but this time remember not to pick up the cursed tear thing that makes me teleport every time I lose a heart. If only my memory were sharper.

Flandy

Where at?

Best Buy. It's on sale today only I believe for $25. I got an additional $5 off because of my Gamers Club Unlocked discount. It was like the last Limited Edition they had too. It was hidden behind the normal versions of Second Son too

So how does vita life compare to SC life?

Best Buy. It's on sale today only I believe for $25. I got an additional $5 off because of my Gamers Club Unlocked discount. It was like the last Limited Edition they had too. It was hidden behind the normal versions of Second Son too

BestBuy is one of the best places (price-wise) to look for games. Feels pretty backwards, but this has consistently been my experience.

VLiberty

Is it ok I'm waiting PS Experience just for the chance to see Shovel Knight Vita announced?(and R&C footage)

I mean, I have a 3DS too, but that game deserves to be played with dat dpad

Flandy

So how does vita life compare to SC life?

BestBuy is one of the best places (price-wise) to look for games. Feels pretty backwards, but this has consistently been my experience.
What's so backwards about it?

Is it ok I'm waiting PS Experience just for the chance to see Shovel Knight Vita announced?(and R&C footage)

I mean, I have a 3DS too, but that game deserves to be played with dat dpad
You've already waited this long. Might as well wait a bit longer. I have the Wii U version of it

ecurbj

Ah! Cool. I see my local stores have it in stock. Sadly I don't want to do in store pick up because Best Buy employees might pick the vanilla version. Despite the box art saying "Limited Edition" on the website.

v1perz53

Oh sweet totally forgot about the spend $100 get $15 promotion (my PSN stuff goes to another email I rarely check), probably use it on Tales of Hearts R. Anyway, god damn Binding of Isaac is awesome, though it feels very slightly easier than I remember the Steam version being? In that I am awful and could only get to Mom like 1 in 25 runs before, but I got to her on my third game here. Absolutely perfect on Vita, understandably not for everyone though with starting from scratch each time.

Kind of bummed I wasn't around when Spelunky came to PS+, was curious what people thought about that at the time.

autoduelist

You do unlock a lot of stuff in BoI. You'll still need to find it in the basement, but there is a ton of 'progression' in the game if you look at it from a broader perspective. As for starting the game, there are also ways to improve that:
-there are ways to ensure far better stores
-there are many different characters to unlock, some with great starting weapons/different stats
-some more hidden starting bonuses to unlock that i won't spoil here.

Permadeath allows the game to always be balanced every time you play. If you kept the powerups of your choosing every playthrough, not only would the game quickly break because you'd be OP by game 3, but it would destroy the joy/despair of finding new powerups every game that greatly affect your play style.

I mean, I get that permadeath isn't for everyone, but it's definitely anything but 'boring'. Starting out OP every game would be boring imo.

Shizuka

This year had so many amazing Vita games, yet I can't just choose one as my GOTY. Isn't that really weird or is it just me?

Maybe someone can help me out in here..

Maybe two or so days ago, my Vita's light has started blinking orange when I leave it plugged in to charge. When I turn the system on, it says that it is charging but it seems very slow.

Has this happened to anyone else? The system is charged at least half way full, so it's not too low on battery or anything. I'm not sure what the problem is and I don't think I've changed anything besides updating it last Tuesday.

ZeroAKA

This year had so many amazing Vita games, yet I can't just choose one as my GOTY. Isn't that really weird or is it just me?
It's really weird that you're already thinking about GotY candidates a week and a half before Vita's true GotY is released.

It's not weird at all.

Danganronpa 2 was my Vita's GOTY.
Either Persona Q or Pokemon ORAS will be my 3DS' GOTY.

Hmm see for me it's a close tie between Danganronpa 2 and SAO for different reasons. The former, for having better story and a better cast than the original, however some gameplay elements I didn't like at all. The latter is the exact opposite, the plot is thin/non-important but the gameplay, for me was so different and unique that I fell in love with it. I'll actually have to think long and hard about this one this year, should the better plot take the prize or the better gameplay?

3DS, definitely Persona Q. I can play as Makoto again. The P3 gang is in there, AND the P4 gang as well. Too much hype right now lol.

Top Bottom