• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Frozen Synapse Prime is so Awesome!! I went in blind due to the high praise it received here on GAF from a small vocal minority. I've been enjoying it greatly! It is perfect for the Vita. The (optional) touch controls are sooo good and make everything a breeze. I'm a bit bummed it won't be cross-play or cross-save, I would've loved to play against friends that don't have a Vita but have a PS3 and PS+

Top of the page recommendation!: Vita owners, get Frozen Synapse Prime, support the devs! Also, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From what I've seen CRIII Vita is not performing like a non-mobile game should be, so maybe this time they'll try do to a better job quietly cancel it.

Fixed :p
The timing of this delay is really suspicious, there's no way it's not related to CR3.
Honestly i dislike SE but 3 ports, even if from mobile, + one new game in one compilation should have deserved better imo, i still hope for CR3 to be localized and to get better results here.

RK128

Honestly the timing of this delay is really suspicious, there's no way it's not related to CR3.
Honestly i dislike SE but 3 ports, even if from mobile, + one new game in one compilation should have deserved better imo, i still hope for CR3 to be localized and to get better results here.

Its a shame the Chaos Rings bundle isn't doing so great in Japan :(. I hope that it doesn't stop Square from localizing it to NA/EU; it could do very well in the US/EU if pushed enough :D. At least they could put out a digital version of the collection on PSN if they don't see the value of a retail version.

maouvin

GOING TO TEST NOW!!! Perhaps all those death threats I've sent is finally paying off!

EDIT: Still can't set my Terra Branford Premium Avatar

Just checked the webstore - my Fat Princess avatar is listed as ps3, but there's some new mind zero avatars listed as ps3/vita.

Maybe only the newer ones are compatible? When a cool new avatar shows up I might buy it to see if it works.

Benedict

Have Unfinished Swan ever been part of Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection (EU)?
I have it, but can't remember if I bought it in a sale or got it through Plus.
I could download the PS4 and Vita versions for free.

bobohoro

So I am reading up on Tales Of Hearts R impressions and I am kinda surprised. I remember there being quite some negative opinions on the game, with it cutting stuff from the original, the switch to 3D being terribad, the localisation done by someone unfamiliar with the series and the downgraded soundtrack. Now I read that it has fantastic gameplay systems, a great story and is overall really well done. Seems the fanbase warmed up to the title. Since both Xillias and Graces left me a bit unsatisfied I am still wary, but it definitely shot up a few ranks in my purchasing list.

So I am reading up on Tales Of Hearts R impressions and I am kinda surprised. I remember there being quite some negative opinions on the game, with it cutting stuff from the original, the switch to 3D being terribad, the localisation done by someone unfamiliar with the series and the downgraded soundtrack. Now I read that it has fantastic gameplay systems, a great story and is overall really well done. Seems the fanbase warmed up to the title. Since both Xillias and Graces left me a bit unsatisfied I am still wary, but it definitely shot up a few ranks in my purchasing list.

Almost every tales game has haters and lovers. If you're a bit fan of tales, you'll enjoy it. If you're fine with a very generic anime plot/characters with a subpar localization, then it's a perfectly good game.

Takao

Banned
The timing of this delay is really suspicious, there's no way it's not related to CR3.

Chaos Rings and Agito have different business models. One is a standard RPG that has a fixed up-front cost. The other is a F2P game.

Prelude.

The LE was really, really good but the game itself was a pretty low effort. They didn't even put the other games in the cart and CR3 is not performing as it should with microfreezes and general stuttering (I don't know if it runs like that on mobile too but that shouldn't happen if you have only one device to optimize it for).
I was mildly interested before but I didn't think they would drop the ball like that on a mobile game.

It's more like it was one of the best Tales and then the worst Tales ever as soon as they announced its localization and somehow judged the translation as terrible because reasons, I wonder why.

ecurbj

Question. I never played this series before but I see it's on sale. Is the Corpse Party series worth getting into and were the titles released before on the PSP or Vita? And are there physical copies or just digital?

EDIT: Never mind. Found my answer by a simple Google search.

MQX

But I'm surprised about it :/. It was shipped a week ago. And now(1 week later) I've received it(while I thought I would have to wait 2-4 weeks :/). Oh well. Transferred all the data from my 16GB to the 64GB. And now I'm downloading every PSP/Vita games + DLC that I've bought for the Vita. Can't wait to play all these games :X.

People who are wondering where I've bought the 64GB memory card. A couple weeks ago. I discovered a website which is like Nippon-Yasan/AmiAmi. It's called SolarisJapan. The 64GB memory cards from SolarisJapan were cheaper than the 64GB memory cards from Nippon-Yasan. So I decided to buy the 64GB from SolarisJapan(with the cheapest shipping option + I've paid it with Paypal). I could say: Buy the 64GB memory card from SolarisJapan if you're from Europe/EU?. I was surprised that I received the 64GB 1 week after it was shipped. Also the package was sent from Germany :/(I missed the invoice of my order in the package and the website claims that they ship orders from Japan. What? :/). Oh well

And great work Zero :). Too bad SK didn't won the GotM :(. Love the Chibi Miku ;).

Response on a post from the October Thread:
I've mailed ASW Japan and USA since the European site didn't work for a while, and ASW Europe, and I've tweeted ASW USA and the European Blazblue account. I think I even mailed Aksys to see if they could squeeze out an answer. But no response from anyone.

Atlus are pretty bad but at least they get their games out everywhere... eventually. And people can actually communicate with them. ASW doesn't seem to give a shit about anything that isn't Japan or North America.

And if you want Chronophantasma on Vita you better import it, since ASW Europe submitted it for classification. :(
Welp. I'll just wait till Arc System Works is going to release/announce a "Extend" version of Chronophantasma(with every DLC characters included). Hopefully they'll work with NISA (again) for a physical release(instead of making it digital only. Again!?!?! :X).

Even if I import Chronophantasma, I'll still miss the DLC characters :/.

autoduelist

Eh, limited space (still rocking 8GB) and slow, unstable internet connection often lead to more hassle than some games are worth. And I'm lazy as well as picky. ;)

If you go to the webstore, and click into the ps+ free section, you can then just click on each cart button in turn, then checkout with the entire ps+ monthly haul in under a minute, no downloading required.

Then if you ever decide you want to check out a game later that you have no interest in now, it's there for you.

Seeing as how a lot of people here have ordered from SuperUFO, I'll ask here; does anyone know what methods of payment they take? Specifically, do they take paypal?

I have no idea about Asia-based sites aside from Play-Asia and NipponYassan.

Putting this out there for any Toronto folks. I was at Eaton center and passed by EB and happened to see a poster for a Miku release party. I didn't get much more than a glimpse at it since I was on the move, but to any Toronto peeps again, that are interested in the game, you might wanna look into it.

There is basically no way $60 FFXV Demo on PS4 is delayed

You know you are buying it :p I'm actually psyched for Type-0, the demo is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Welp. I'll just wait till Arc System Works is going to release/announce a "Extend" version of Chronophantasma(with every DLC characters included). Hopefully they'll work with NISA (again) for a physical release(instead of making it digital only. Again!?!?! :X).

Even if I import Chronophantasma, I'll still miss the DLC characters :/.
I've read in the OT (fitting OT title) that it's getting a 2.0 update for arcades, so it wouldn't surprise me if they in typical ASW fashion made it a new release. And I wonder how GG Xrd will fare in Europe, if they find a competent publisher or if they will just throw it on some European countries' PSN Stores. (what happened to Zen United?)
But yeah in Chronophantasma Vita's situation we can't win.

And I also kinda want to try out the Corpse Party games since they are really fairly priced in Europe. I hoped for a sale this Halloween but nothing. Maybe I should just go for it.

bobohoro

If you go to the webstore, and click into the ps+ free section, you can then just click on each cart button in turn, then checkout with the entire ps+ monthly haul in under a minute, no downloading required.

Then if you ever decide you want to check out a game later that you have no interest in now, it's there for you.

Yeah I know, but as silly as it might sound, I don't do that for games if they really don't tickle my fancy, even if they are free. It's a mental accounting thing, as soon as I see the purchase sign appearing, I kind of feel obliged to also download and play it. And with my already big backlog, the flood of games every month and increasing time constraints when growing older, every little effort to help my self restraint counts.

But that's enough from my weird PS+ habits, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Almost every tales game has haters and lovers. If you're a bit fan of tales, you'll enjoy it. If you're fine with a very generic anime plot/characters with a subpar localization, then it's a perfectly good game.

That's what I was looking for. I can deal with the usual Tales plot/characters as long as there is some good gameplay and fun progression to be found. The localisation bit still bothers me, but I will keep a closer look on Hearts R now.

Hikami

f9288fce89.jpg
Didn't know this was 1.1gb.. only have like 500mb left on my 8gb card.
Guess I'll have to start moving stuff to my PC.
Still a bit hesitant to buy a larger card in case of a sale/price cut during black friday or the holidays..

Wynnebeck

Banned
What are you guys using your $15 on? I'm probably going to use it on Project Diva F2nd DLC since I already have the game pre-ordered from Gamestop.

Was playing a game then the screen started flickering and I got this

48Dpi8I.jpg

Gave me a warning that the system wasn't shut off correctly error when I rebooted. Hope my Vita isn't dying ( ´_ゝ`)

This happened to me as well when I was playing Borderlands 2 (thought it was this everybody was talking about when they said the game was crashing all the time).

Prelude.

Didn't know this was 1.1gb.. only have like 500mb left on my 8gb card.
Guess I'll have to start moving stuff to my PC.
Still a bit hesitant to buy a larger card in case of a sale/price cut during black friday or the holidays..

Dat binaural 3D audio.

Garraboa

What are you guys using your $15 on? I'm probably going to use it on Project Diva F2nd DLC since I already have the game pre-ordered from Gamestop.

Ideally I'd spend it on La Mulana EX, but since that's not coming out until december, I don't know if I could hold out on using it for something else like a flash sale.

autoduelist

Yeah I know, but as silly as it might sound, I don't do that for games if they really don't tickle my fancy, even if they are free. It's a mental accounting thing, as soon as I see the purchase sign appearing, I kind of feel obliged to also download and play it. And with my already big backlog, the flood of games every month and increasing time constraints when growing older, every little effort to help my self restraint counts.

Yeah, I probably have about 128 gigs worth of games for my poor 64g vita. Maybe more, actually. Plus backlogs on several other consoles. So at this point adding another to the pile just doesn't phase me -- I'm already overwhelmed and beaten down by my backlog. It doesn't help that I rarely know if I'll love a game or not w/o trying it.

Pimpwerx

Cool! We get Escape Plan this month? I've been thinking about buying it for a year now. I'm glad it's available for free. I just need to find time to play it. PEACE.

Great job with the thread, feels like home :)

Frozen Synapse Prime is so Awesome!! I went in blind due to the high praise it received here on GAF from a small vocal minority. I've been enjoying it greatly! It is perfect for the Vita. The (optional) touch controls are sooo good and make everything a breeze. I'm a bit bummed it won't be cross-play or cross-save, I would've loved to play against friends that don't have a Vita but have a PS3 and PS+

Top of the page recommendation!: Vita owners, get Frozen Synapse Prime, support the devs! Also, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus

It really IS the perfect game for the Vita :)

Daouzin

Its a shame the Chaos Rings bundle isn't doing so great in Japan :(. I hope that it doesn't stop Square from localizing it to NA/EU; it could do very well in the US/EU if pushed enough :D. At least they could put out a digital version of the collection on PSN if they don't see the value of a retail version.

Agreed, I've been curious about Chaos Rings for a while, but unless it comes out on Vita I don't think I'll ever play it.

Raysod

Banned
In the recent October sale in the eu ps store I bought the Dead Nation game (with its dlc) for ps vita and i have to say that I am really enjoying the game. It is obviously not game of the year material but the game is really fun…

I think that vita is a great platform for these kinds of shooters…

Do you have any suggestions on twin stick shooters that share similar design with Dead Nation and Alien Breed that play well on ps vita?

RK128

In the recent October sale in the eu ps store I bought the Dead Nation game (with its dlc) for ps vita and i have to say that I am really enjoying the game. It is obviously not game of the year material but the game is really fun…

I think that vita is a great platform for these kinds of shooters…

Do you have any suggestions on twin stick shooters that share similar design with Dead Nation and Alien Breed that play well on ps vita?

There are a few ones that may interest you :).

The first one is Super Stardust Vita. Don't own it, but if it is anything like the PS3 version, it should be a great looking and playing twin stick shooter for the Vita :D.

Secondly, Resogun is coming to Vita as well. Granted, it is going to not be made by the original developers (the same people who made the Vita port of Dead Nation will be making the Vita version of Resogun), it should be very faithful to the original game. Not out yet, but should be sometime next year :).

Another one that comes to mind is a PSP downloadable game; Everyday Shooter. I got it for a dollar, so I have no idea how much it fully costs, but after mapping the face buttons to the right stick via custom controls, the game plays great :D. It is music based and it seems to be a lot like the PS3 version.

The last two that come to mind are Pixel Junk Shooter Ultimate and Velocity Ultra. The former is a great remake of the original PS3 game (which you may even own :D; it was on PS+ earlier this year) while the latter while not a twin stick shooter, it DOES have your bombs (which are very important to use in the game) mapped to the right stick :).

Hope this helps :).

During a games convention in Sweden this weekend I have had the oportunity to play one mystical Vita game on the vita and some games that are multiplatform releases on PS4 and PC. It was also the first time I tried the Vita 2000 (I am pretty impressed with the not OLED screen).

The Vita game I tried was the Muppet platform game. It looked really sharp but had a pretty clunky control and some touch and tilt function at specific points in the game. The clunkyness to me is the same as many other games made with Unity3d. I did only play for a couple of minutes so take my words with a grain of salt. The small part of the level design that I saw felt like deja vu (typical for a studios first platformer). As a kids game though I think it might be fine.

I also played Helldivers and Galak-z (PS4 but the developers have stated before that both games are coming to the Vita as well).

Helldivers was crazy hard to play by your self, but I think I will be a really good game to play coop MP with voice chat (Party). check it out if you have missed all the info about the game. To me it plays exactly like I thought it would. The only thing that I found strange was that it took quite some time for a level to load (though I don´t know if the the version of the game that I was playing is the final one)

Galak-Z was very fun and also pretty hard, I had some problems with it not using the steer by pushing the analog right/left (like Motorstorm RC), instead it uses the push the analog stick in the direction you want to point you ship (like how the right analog stick work in i.e Dead Nation). I hope they let us choose when they release the full game. I love that they both have a "jump" and a reverse button. The "jump" works like a dodge roll in an action game (but vertically) and I think that it had i-frames. It seems like the game have a no less than a briliant design and my short play session have in no way degraded the hype I have for this game. The only thing I didn´t like with the build that I played, was that it was hard to tell the difference between the backgound and the design of the level.

The last game that I tried (on PC) was Pavilion. I have to start by talking about the graphics in the game, it is absolutely beautiful (but you allready new that).
They have talked in interviews about how it is a game in 4th person and I haven´t been able to understand what that even means until I played it today. The gameplay consists of a character that is moving around on its own in the (once again absolutely beautiful) world. You do not have direct control over the character, but you have indirect control by opening/closing paths for him to use. The first example is by turning on/off lights and make bells ring. the character move if a path is lit and stops if there is darkness in his way. by sounding a bell you make the character start moving towards it. This game is a hard one to explain in text because so much of the game is about the small details and the atmosphere so therefore I choose to stop writing about it now.

I hope that some of you are as hyped for these games as I am (Muppets excluded). :)

Edit: I will go back tomorrow and try the only game that I didn´t have time for today and that is Tales of Hearts R.

In sonys booth there was 4 Vita games that you could play (Muppets, R&C coll, FW and Minecraft). TOH:R was in the Bandai Namco booth.

Raysod

Banned
Thanks a lot for your suggestions RK128… :D

I didn’t know that Resogun will come to Vita – that’s great news as I don’t own a PS4 yet…

I will give everyday shooter a try and I have also played stardust on ps3 – and really enjoy it - but I read that it has frame rate issues on ps vita especially in later levels…

Also I have already played velocity 1 & 2 and Pixeljunk Ultimate Shooter and they are great games!

Yeah, I was surprised at how good that sounded.
This is going to end with me begging Xseed to localize the 3rd game I bet.

Oh cool, looking forward to your impressions if you get to try it.

I am not sure that I will be able to give a good and fair impression as I have never played any of the Tales games before and as I am not fluid in my english, I´m sceptical that I will be able to judge the quality of the localization :|

We´ll see.

During a games convention in Sweden this weekend I have had the oportunity to play one mystical Vita game on the vita and some games that are multiplatform releases on PS4 and PC. It was also the first time I tried the Vita 2000 (I am pretty impressed with the not OLED screen).

The Vita game I tried was the Muppet platform game. It looked really sharp but had a pretty clunky control and some touch and tilt function at specific points in the game. The clunkyness to me is the same as many other games made with Unity3d. I did only play for a couple of minutes so take my words with a grain of salt. The small part of the level design that I saw felt like deja vu (typical for a studios first platformer). As a kids game though I think it might be fine.

I also played Helldivers and Galak-z (PS4 but the developers have stated before that both games are coming to the Vita as well).

Helldivers was crazy hard to play by your self, but I think I will be a really good game to play coop MP with voice chat (Party). check it out if you have missed all the info about the game. To me it plays exactly like I thought it would. The only thing that I found strange was that it took quite some time for a level to load (though I don´t know if the the version of the game that I was playing is the final one)

Galak-Z was very fun and also pretty hard, I had some problems with it not using the steer by pushing the analog right/left (like Motorstorm RC), instead it uses the push the analog stick in the direction you want to point you ship (like how the right analog stick work in i.e Dead Nation). I hope they let us choose when they release the full game. I love that they both have a "jump" and a reverse button. The "jump" works like a dodge roll in an action game (but vertically) and I think that it had i-frames. It seems like the game have a no less than a briliant design and my short play session have in no way degraded the hype I have for this game. The only thing I didn´t like with the build that I played, was that it was hard to tell the difference between the backgound and the design of the level.

The last game that I tried (on PC) was Pavilion. I have to start by talking about the graphics in the game, it is absolutely beautiful (but you allready new that).
They have talked in interviews about how it is a game in 4th person and I haven´t been able to understand what that even means until I played it today. The gameplay consists of a character that is moving around on its own in the (once again absolutely beautiful) world. You do not have direct control over the character, but you have indirect control by opening/closing paths for him to use. The first example is by turning on/off lights and make bells ring. the character move if a path is lit and stops if there is darkness in his way. by sounding a bell you make the character start moving towards it. This game is a hard one to explain in text because so much of the game is about the small details and the atmosphere so therefore I choose to stop writing about it now.

I hope that some of you are as hyped for these games as I am (Muppets excluded). :)

Edit: I will go back tomorrow and try the only game that I didn´t have time for today and that is Tales of Hearts R.

In sonys booth there was 4 Vita games that you could play (Muppets, R&C coll, FW and Minecraft). TOH:R was in the Bandai Namco booth.
Cool to hear about Galak-Z. Looking forward to that one.

SerTapTap

The fuck--is Gradius Collection a "PS3 transfer" game or can I seriously not get it at all? I have a PSP but really have no desire to ever buy a UMD or PSP only digital title again at this point.

Is it like, REALLY good? The PSP's res has me a bit worried in terms of accuracy.

The fuck--is Gradius Collection a "PS3 transfer" game or can I seriously not get it at all? I have a PSP but really have no desire to ever buy a UMD or PSP only digital title again at this point.

Is it like, REALLY good? The PSP's res has me a bit worried in terms of accuracy.
PS3 transfer according to the CAG list.

Been thinking about getting more retro stuff for my Vita. All the Namco Museums, the two Capcom collections, Genesis collection and this game. Drop some recent impressions if you end up getting it on the Vita...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I have no intentions of getting this game, but why would this get delayed so much...? It's just a mobile port.

I think it makes sense. Their other mobile port bombed to the high heavens. Chaos rings 3 did terrible on the vita.

I mean, visual novels are selling better than chaos rings 3.

Top Bottom