• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

I didn't get to enjoy Halloween, but I've decided to take a chance with the horror games I had on Steam today. Better late than never. I wish the Vita had real horror games released, it'd help waiting for Blood Drive.

Tizoc

I didn't get to enjoy Halloween, but I've decided to take a chance with the horror games I had on Steam today. Better late than never. I wish the Vita had real horror games released, it'd help waiting for Blood Drive.

Uh RE, Dino Crisis, Corpse Party, Lone Survivor, I mean those count as horror games...

SerTapTap

Okay got Siren Blood Curse in the halloween deal (oh god it's 12 items for the download list) should I play it or Fatal Frame 3 first?

You really think that I'd hang out in this thread and not have a PS+ subscription? Got the PS4 for $300 off my brother and the sub for $25. I still have a sub from last years black friday that I got for $30 so I'm good for the next 2 years on PS+

I've heard so many excuses for not having PS+ I never assume anymore. Nothing saddens me more than how obvious it is that "online multiplayer" is the main reason it's adoption is so high

cjp

Messed around with the video recording today on PS4. Wish there was an option for 1080p.

I put a small clip onto USB then uploaded it straight to OneDrive and the quality isn't really all that great. I guess OneDrive adds its own compression which doesn't help.

http://1drv.ms/1tPLzhM

Shinriji

Just preordered Dengeki Fighting Climax for vita (with the terrible bonus of cdjapan, amiami closed their preorder two weeks ago). Anyone buying as well?

Drifters

You would be correct if PS Store was hosted on a single server but it isn't, it's on a Content Delivery Network (CDN) and actually choice of DNS server can have a bearing on download speeds from CDNs. Google even discusses the issue here. Basically the DNS server will connect you to its nearest CDN server. If you are using a DNS server in another country this can mean you end up with a CDN connection that is not the best for your location. In most cases the best DNS choice will be the one provided by your ISP.
Excecpt CDNs are still route dependent. You're also assuming that someone would be using DNS that was sub optimal to their connection which is usually the local ISP. My point is once you've gotten your connection to the network server(s), they and your internet pipe are on contention to be the choke point.

Beyond that I've never had issues with PSNs speeds.

mclem

How far in advance do games get put on PSN for preloading? I'm thinking I'd like LBP3 in digital form, but I'm somewhat surprised that it doesn't appear to be available to purchase yet, at least in Europe.

jwk94

How far in advance do games get put on PSN for preloading? I'm thinking I'd like LBP3 in digital form, but I'm somewhat surprised that it doesn't appear to be available to purchase yet, at least in Europe.
Usually the week of release.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So I just got a PS4, what games exclusive to PS4 (and Vita) would you guys recommend if I purchase a $20 PSN card?

Sarcasm

So I am reading and I know that the vita has no R2/L2...how has this affected you guys?

Guess in a non-remote play type of thing.

So I am reading and I know that the vita has no R2/L2...how has this affected you guys?

Depends on the game honestly. I thought it'd annoy me most on the Ratchet and Clank ports, since its used for strafe, but it actually wasn't that bad.

Also, I wish Binding of Isaac had come out in time for Hallo'ween! Would have been such an appropriate game to play. I'm honestly so excited for Wednesday.

Hikami

Can't think of any handheld that has had those extra buttons in the back. (PSP, 3DS etc) so its nothing new really.
It's a pain though in games like Freedom Wars or God Eater where you actually need more buttons.

edit: forgot the "New" 3DS actually has extra shoulder buttons. I'd love to have those on a Vita.

Shizuka

Can't think of any handheld that has had those extra buttons in the back. (PSP, 3DS etc) so its nothing new really.
It's a pain though in games like Freedom Wars or God Eater where you actually need more buttons.

New 3DS.

3DS_Back_Trigger.jpg

down 2 orth

I dont tend to direct a lot of criticism in Sony's direction, but i'm a bit peeved right now.

Has anyone figure out why the free games aren't showing up in the ps plus section on the vita PS Store? Or why the PS Plus blog hasn't come out yet? I understand that a lot of people don't mind an entire selection of non-retail games on their subscription and I 100% respect that, but there are a lot of people who are angry with this screwing around. It looks like an about-face is going on at the PS division... Yuck.

Takao

Banned
I dont tend to direct a lot of criticism in Sony's direction, but i'm a bit peeved right now.

Has anyone figure out why the free games aren't showing up in the ps plus section on the vita PS Store? Or why the PS Plus blog hasn't come out yet? I understand that a lot of people don't mind an entire selection of non-retail games on their subscription and I 100% respect that, but there are a lot of people who are angry with this screwing around. It looks like an about-face is going on at the PS division... Yuck.

Are you talking about November's PS+ games? The store updates on Tuesdays in North America and Wednesdays in Europe.

Not sure why they aren't on the blog yet, but they don't post to the store until tuesday for NA or Wednesday for EU.

down 2 orth

Are you talking about November's PS+ games? The store updates on Tuesdays in North America and Wednesdays in Europe.

I haven't been having the October games show up in the Plus section. If I look them up in the list of all the vita games then I can find them and download them for free, its just that they're not showing up where they are supposed to be.

Is nobody else having this issue? My memory card is registered to the US.

autoduelist

I did, I enter the code, it confirms it's for $50, then when I hit confirm:

EDIT: I contacted the vendor who confirmed the codes (bought two of them) are valid. Really seems to be an issue on Sony's end, but I wanted to check here and see if people have had similar experiences before.

This happened to me once (out of tons of codes). It worked the next day (or maybe a couple hours later, I can't remember). Just a weird glitch - if PSN is recognizing your cards as having value, you're fine. Try again tomorrow?

I wouldn't keep spamming the attempt, though. I know Sony does temporary lockouts for trying codes (to prevent people trying to guess codes). I don't think that's what happened to you, but no need to activate that fraud detection.
I haven't been having the October games show up in the Plus section. If I look them up in the list of all the vita games then I can find them and download them for free, its just that they're not showing up where they are supposed to be.

Is nobody else having this issue? My memory card is registered to the US.

EDIT - oh, Oct.

DOUBLE EDIT -- eh, they're not there. not sure why? I used the webstore I guess.

Ephidel

I was planning on backing up some of my games but for some reason I just cannot get my Vita to connect to my PC via USB anymore. I know it used to work, but it won't now.
I've tried following the instructions and turning off powering by USB or whatever but it just won't connect unless I select wifi (and backing up anything via wifi seems to take forever).

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? :|

Shizuka

Weird, I'm starting to feel excited for Isaac Rebirth. Maybe because it's one of the two new games I'll be able to play during November.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was planning on backing up some of my games but for some reason I just cannot get my Vita to connect to my PC via USB anymore. I know it used to work, but it won't now.
I've tried following the instructions and turning off powering by USB or whatever but it just won't connect unless I select wifi (and backing up anything via wifi seems to take forever).

You might want to contact sony about that. But before you do that do you have any other PCs you can test it on? / another cable to test with?

Since if that doesnt work yeah most def contact Sony.

killatopak

Gold Member

Have you updated your Content Manager?

They need to be updated whenever there's a new firmware.

Top Bottom