• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Amazon.co.uk shows Teslagard releasing as early as Jan 2015 (prob. placeholders) and it would have a retail ver. going for 35 pounds @_@
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OZAR1FI/

It was just slated for Early 2015, so that's likely a placeholder.

I SOLD MY FIRST VITA TODAY! I'M SO HAPPY!

Nice! Keep spreading the Vita love!

I don't know how people are still able to complain about PS+ games...It's like whatever Sony does, they'll never be happy.

I never complain about PS+, but are you seriously trying to tell me we get great PS+ titles? Speaking only about Vita, I haven't actually cared to download a plus title since September, and that was a game that sits near the end of my backlog and unplayed - just like the game I got the month before.

Speaking in regards to titles across all systems, it gets even worse - the last PS+ title I downloaded and played for PS4 was Contrast (was on PS+ Nov 15 2013, to Jan 7th 2014) and the last one for PS3 was Dead Space 3 (July 2014's offering).

I've certainly got my money's worth out of plus - but it's been via deals, not games. The games for the most part are "meh" or I already bought it, 'cause why would I have waited? Life's short, I play shit when I get the chance - I don't wait for it unless I have to.

--

TOTP; Buy everything Senran Kagura.

SerTapTap

Pretty sure that Ubisoft is 100% finished with the Vita, or else they would have ported Valiant Hearts, which was kind of expected after Child of Light, but never happened.

Ubisoft needs to focus on Xbox One and PS4 so they can deliver highly polished technically sound titles such as Assassin's Creed Unity

snrk

Hrm, I've played games with this sort of system (Magus Sisters immediately comes to mind) not the biggest fan of it. Feels too indirect/RNG based. I'm fine with RNG for almost anything but what actions I can take, then it feels like I'm losing control.

It's not RNG based. I never said anything about RNG.

Velcro Fly

Streetpassed someone a little bit ago on a relay. They were from Sweden and their message was to buy a Vita.

Instantly thought of this thread and people doing that before

I was getting ready to buy a Vita today, coz Phantasy Star Nova.

But then, I remembered I ordered a physical copy and my friend won't be here until the end of December.

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD8

iosefe

My folklore copy cape with the manual. man, i miss these

so can i get a rundown of what i can expect, or should i go in blind?

FireCloud

My folklore copy cape with the manual. man, i miss these

so can i get a rundown of what i can expect, or should i go in blind?

Been awhile but I think the game will show you what you need to know.

One thing to keep in mind: You play as two characters, Ellen and Keats. You will want to alternate between them each chapter instead of playing as far as you can with one before having to switch to the other; eg Ellen ch 1, Keats ch 1, Ellen ch 2, Keats ch 2,...

Hope you enjoy it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hope we get a leak of what to expect from the practically-guaranteed-at-this-point US Black Friday flash sale from South America's PS Blog tomorrow like we have the last couple of flash sales.

iosefe

Been awhile but I think the game will teach you what you need to know.

One thing to keep in mind: You play as two characters, Ellen and Keats. You will want to alternate between them each chapter instead of playing as far as you can with one before having to switch to the other; eg Ellen ch 1, Keats ch 1, Ellen ch 2, Keats ch 2,...

Hope you enjoy it.

thank you very much. i probably would have ended up doing a full run of each

Takao

Banned
Hope we get a leak of what to expect from the practically-guaranteed-at-this-point US Black Friday flash sale from South America's PS Blog tomorrow like we have the last couple of flash sales.

https://twitter.com/Cess007/status/537741758298202114/photo/1
YDTEVzO.jpg

Tapejara

Well I guess that's a net positive for me. I'm kind of in limbo with games at this point. Every time there's a big deficit in game releases that I'm interested in I end up investing into retro games and expanding my library. Mixed feelings when I realized that there are only like 3 vita games currently announced that I have any intention of getting atm.

**Btw did you get my response to your PM a while back?

Yes I did, but I forgot to reply to it lol. I wanted to say thanks for the tip, but figured it'd be weird to say after I forgot to reply lol.

Ehhhhhhhh. No games I'm interested in off that list.

RE: vita touch screen...things. I wouldn't mind it if it were fun in any way at all. It's just a super boring super repetitive minigame in Monster Monpiece though, I've no idea why it continues to be used. I'm not offended by it, it's just boring and tiresome and I fail to see why it would be interesting regardless.

That's king of my feeling at this point (well, Criminal Girls aside - which I don't find offensive I just find gratuitous). I like fanservice when it's funny or clever (Neptunia, Senran Kagura), but sometimes it feels like developers throw it in there just to check off some box. It's basically the equivalent of online multiplayer for Western devs.

RE: vita touch screen...things. I wouldn't mind it if it were fun in any way at all. It's just a super boring super repetitive minigame in Monster Monpiece though, I've no idea why it continues to be used. I'm not offended by it, it's just boring and tiresome and I fail to see why it would be interesting regardless.

That's king of my feeling at this point (well, Criminal Girls aside - which I don't find offensive I just find gratuitous). I like fanservice when it's funny or clever (Neptunia, Senran Kagura), but sometimes it feels like developers throw it in there just to check off some box. It's basically the equivalent of online multiplayer for Western devs.

Trust me, you DO want the touch stuff in Criminal Girls.

The PSP ver. punishments is on 無理ゲー levels. Not to mention you have to do it for each girl AND (real spoilers)
once more when you gain their power up.

Shizuka

The PSP ver. punishments is on 無理ゲー levels. Not to mention you have to do it for each girl AND (real spoilers)

I did a lot of touching with Monster Monpiece and I'm gay. Just take it as a gameplay feature, if it doesn't strike your fancy.

Tizoc

What's funny is when no PS4 game goes on sale, people complain.
Now when no Vita games go on sale, people complain :V

Tapejara

Lol, you might need to explain that to me. (Or not, if it's one those things you can get in trouble for in this thread.)

Diablo 3 is great. It's easily my most played PS4 game so far.

Yeah, D3 is probably the only one I'd pick up (already have TEW and Destiny, not interested in Mordor or the sports games). But I feel like it's one of those games I'll be able to pick up really cheap within a couple of months - or at least by Boxing Day.

But as Shizuka said, there are probably more games on sale than just those six.

again on the US PSN store

af88b3e7-37a5-4027-a287-3ef583be84b7.jpg

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/us-store-credit/

Spend $100 USD using your SEN Wallet through December 2nd, 2014, you’ll receive a $15 USD credit back on or before December 15th, 2014 to spend on games, movies, TV shows, music and anything else that accepts SEN Wallet funds*!

Terms & Conditions:

Promotion is available to legal U.S. and Mexico residents with a Sony Entertainment Network (“SEN”) account registered in their country of residency who are 18 or older and who have spent $100.00 USD or more using the SEN Wallet between November 25th, 2014 and December 2nd, 2014. Third party application purchases are excluded. Each PSN/SEN account may only accrue a total of $15 USD in SEN Wallet credits pursuant to this promotion.

The promotion code (“Code”) is good for one qualifying PSN/SEN account to redeem the SEN wallet Top Up via the PlayStation®Store. Code expires at 11:59PM PT on January 13th, 2015. Code cannot be returned or exchanged for cash, may not be used for any other purpose and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. You will receive the redemption Code on or before December 15th, 2014 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Sony Entertainment Network Sign-in ID. You must redeem Code by 11:59PM PT on January 13th, 2015.

SerTapTap

As in it is actually useful or it is actually FUN, because it is useful (but not universally good/improving) in Monpiece but good lord is it boring

Shizuka

I think the one Vita game that could benefit the most being part of this flash sale would be Sword Art Online. Only noteworthy DD-only game that haven't gone on sale yet.

Lol, you might need to explain that to me. (Or not, if it's one those things you can get in trouble for in this thread.)

It's right there. The original, non-touch version of the punishment (or at least a few of them) can get really really hard and frustrating at high levels.

These punishments aren't mini-games, as they are pretty much essential to unlock skills, stat enhancements, field skills.

Edit: IIRC, leveling doesn't get you anything aside from stats, LOL.

I think the one Vita game that could benefit the most being part of this flash sale would be Sword Art Online. Only noteworthy DD-only game that haven't gone on sale yet.

That is very true actually. I can't think of any other games for them to put on there (other than indie stuff).

Also, these games showed up as sales in the Brazilian PS Blog store update post, but they aren't on sale, at least not yet:

Danganronpa 2
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition *updated*
Borderlands 2: The Pre-Sequel
Transistor
WWE 2K15 PS3

And this was posted on Twitter apparently posted on the Brazil PS Blog, but I can't find most of these games. Imgur mirror.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel PS3
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: Digital Pro Edition PS4/PS3
Destiny Digital Guardian Edition PS4/PS3
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/PS3
The Evil Within PS4/PS3
FIFA 15 PS4/PS3
inFamous Second Son PS4
Madden NFL 15 PS4/PS3
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4/PS3
MLB 14 The Show PS4/PS3
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution PS3
NHL 15 PS4/PS3
Sniper Elite 3 PS4/PS3
Transistor PS4
WWE 2K15 PS3

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Also, these games showed up as sales in the Brazilian PS Blog store update post, but they aren't on sale, at least not yet:

Danganronpa 2
Borderlands 2: The Pre-Sequel
Transistor
WWE 2K15 PS3

And this was posted on Twitter apparently posted on the Brazil PS Blog, but I can't find most of these games. Imgur mirror.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel PS3
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: Digital Pro Edition PS4/PS3
Destiny Digital Guardian Edition PS4/PS3
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls: Ultimate Evil Edition PS4/PS3
The Evil Within PS4/PS3
FIFA 15 PS4/PS3
inFamous Second Son PS4
Madden NFL 15 PS4/PS3
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor PS4/PS3
MLB 14 The Show PS4/PS3
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution PS3
NHL 15 PS4/PS3
Sniper Elite 3 PS4/PS3
Transistor PS4
WWE 2K15 PS3

A whole one Vita game?

i70N1vYJKB8oF.gif

Relax, no one said this was the complete list.

..and I just realized this thread is in Gaming Community. So that's where you've all been hiding now.

nampad

Finally killed one of the bosses in Rogue Legacy and you can't loot the money after opening the chest? BULLSHIT :/
I see the door has the symbol activated now so that means every boss only needs to be (and can be) killed once?

Takao

Banned
Relax, no one said this was the complete list.

..and I just realized this thread is in Gaming Community. So that's where you've all been hiding now.

we were banished to gaming community alongside all of the other monthly threads that the mods encouraged over our old mega threads

Top Bottom