• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Sarcasm

Okay rainbow moon, so do I really have to grind for hours? Maybe hard was a bad choice. I just encountered wannabe hero and they hurt. I got the hood and chest + from side quest but no new weapon anywhere.. Any tips?

Dugna

Question is there some special discount code going around for people buying stuff on PSN?? Because I go to checkout on the PSN Store it has a place for a 10-digit discount code area that is didn't before. Just want to know so I can maybe snag another game from this sale.

Tapejara

Okay rainbow moon, so do I really have to grind for hours? Maybe hard was a bad choice. I just encountered wannabe hero and they hurt. I got the hood and chest + from side quest but no new weapon anywhere.. Any tips?

Yeah, the game's pretty ridiculous when it comes to grinding. Even on normal I still had to overlevel myself to get through the early parts. Hell, I never even finished the game because of all the grinding.

autoduelist

Holy crap Pocket RPG has a ridiculous Vita tax. It's 4.99 (as low as .99, launced at 2.99) on IOS, 14.99 on vita. I don't expect prices for a port to ever match the lowest sale/bundle price on ios or steam, but 3x the full price is crossing the line.

Yeah, the game's pretty ridiculous when it comes to grinding. Even on normal I still had to overlevel myself to get through the early parts. Hell, I never even finished the game because of all the grinding.

Grinding isn't really required imo actually. I mean, sure, a tiny bit, but not much.

TIPS -- never, ever waste upgrade pearls on HP/MP. They rise naturally with leveling and you will do fine never spending pearls on them. Only raise stats, and even then, you don't necessarily need to max everything. iirc, focus on str and spd first, and only put points into luck if you have extra, and defense if you really have extra and feel the need to.

If you try to max everything, sure, the game turns into a grind. But you really don't need to. You should generally earn enough pearls to be strong enough for the next area pretty much naturally if you don't max out every stat unnecessarily.

Sarcasm

I just been doing str, spd and luck. But those wannabe hero dudes barely die to two shield bashes, if I melee I can only hit one than defend cause I take like 14 damage undefended and they get many turns.

autoduelist

I just been doing str, spd and luck. But those wannabe hero dudes barely die to two shield bashes, if I melee I can only hit one than defend cause I take like 14 damage undefended and they get many turns.

Do you still only have one character? Once you get a couple partners it gets much easier.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
What is SSD?
Soul Sacrifice Delta.
Solid State Drive.

Also I'm curious if Criminal Girls Limited Edition will be available in Europe, or if they bailed on the European Store since this is a real release from them. Not getting it though.

You found it alright, the NISA localization will be censored alot though. Which tbh kinda defeats the purpose of the game mostly.

537f6346c4.jpg

Shame.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pink blood gets me everytime. In many ways Danganronpa 1 doesn't feel like a normal NISA game...though in many more ways it still does.

SerTapTap

Finished Beyond Two Souls. While I stand by my complaints about the early parts of the game, I'm kinda surprised it's only at 70 on Metacritic (it's not perfect, but it's very interesting and at least well-enough done for the most part). It's trope at times and the interaction isn't perfect, but as far as "playable movies" of the (mostly) non-action sort it does it pretty well and choices feel organic enough. Won't discuss story specifics.

I can see why people want/suspect a PS4 remaster though. It could reaaaallly do with some better aliasing and way better DOF effects. The subnative DOF blur is really distracting and gross. The graphics in general are a bit clashy between really good models and plain textures, great lighting effects but awful aliasing/DOF. Interested to see what QD can do on PS4 but I hope they don't leave image quality out in the cold again. At first the faces felt a bit uncanny-valley but I guess I'm used to them, they look fine.

I was posting about this on Twitter earlier today. According to Imouto the actual gameplay isn't that good so I guess nothing of value was lost.

Aw, that sucks. The RPG part with the cute graphics looks like it had potential

is it supposed to be good? LE isn't bad but doesn't really move me either

It's a simple, but good RPG.

It's battle system is unique despite its simplicity. Instead of choosing a command, you'd have to pick which action to take from one out of four girls' suggestion. Which is largely based on their growth.
And since I like fiddling with RPG mechanics, it's also based on the enemies and your team composition. I can't remember if location matters.

Balance-wise, I thought it was pretty good (well, I didn't 2 characters that much) and the Vita version didn't really change much.

It's well received by those who bought it in Japan.
http://pspmk2.net/title.php?title=943
http://www26.atwiki.jp/gcmatome/pages/4589.html

The biggest complaint is that it's pretty short. For better or for worse, the mini-games is said to be a fucklot easier than the PSP one.

tl;dr = if you're in the target audience and likes RPG, I think you'll like it.

The worst of Criminal Girls isn't probably even half as bad as whatever it is in 50 Shades of Grey. Probably, coz I never read that thing. And that shit became a best seller.

Persona Q on the 3DS is quite excellent. As a huge Persona 3 and 4 fan (surprising right), along with Etrian Odyssey, this game just hits all the right notes, it is a really good DRPG. The Persona feel is there, but it's totally revamped in a way to fit with the Etrian gameplay. It works really well, and seeing the P3 high school peeps again is great since it has been a good while since I last played P3P. Also the soundtrack... Lawd. So good. Sorry VitaBros.

I was posting about this on Twitter earlier today. According to Imouto the actual gameplay isn't that good so I guess nothing of value was lost.

Well I guess that's a net positive for me. I'm kind of in limbo with games at this point. Every time there's a big deficit in game releases that I'm interested in I end up investing into retro games and expanding my library. Mixed feelings when I realized that there are only like 3 vita games currently announced that I have any intention of getting atm.

**Btw did you get my response to your PM a while back?

Still can't access my Playstation Store account.

What a piece of shit.

Yeah. It keeps signing me out. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but isn't it a strange coincidence this is happening when there just were rumors that PSN was hacked. Sure, it was debunked, but it's a thought in the back of my head.

Yeah. It keeps signing me out. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but isn't it a strange coincidence this is happening when there just were rumors that PSN was hacked. Sure, it was debunked, but it's a thought in the back of my head.

I had to pay for my renewal of my PSPlus through PayPal because it kept giving me an error whenever I tried to use my credit card directly. Something funky happened over there for sure.

I had to pay for my renewal of my PSPlus through PayPal because it kept giving me an error whenever I tried to use my credit card directly. Something funky happened over there for sure.

Did you try it on your actual system or did you only try it on the webstore? Because, I was able to download Thomas Was Alone (free for me) and the Guilty Gear PS+ exclusive demo through my PS4. Now, because I did not actually pay anything for them, maybe that's why I could download them without issue.

autoduelist

Sadly no, which is one of the things they will need to eventually fix with an update.

They'll never fix it. It would be silly to spend resources to make the interface more complex for 99.9% of people just so the .1 percent can buy something (on sale, no less) they already can play for free.

solid state drive
soul sacrifice delta

beaten, but Super Stardust Delta.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Good day for vita owners / import gamers tomorrow with Phantasy Star Nova and Oedo Blacksmith coming out. Though might hold off on Oedo Blacksmith till I see how others generally react to it. That and the initial poking and prodding parts of the game dont care for. As I literally hate almost anything with touch controls in it. Outside of map making in the EO series.

Good day for vita owners / import gamers tomorrow with Phantasy Star Nova and Oedo Blacksmith coming out. Though might hold off on Oedo Blacksmith till I see how others generally react to it. That and the initial poking and prodding parts of the game dont care for. As I literally hate almost anything with touch controls in it. Outside of map making in the EO series.

I, too, will be interested to know if Oedo Blacksmith is half decent. Sounds good in premise, but the presentation and the touchy-feely bullshit have me apprehensive.

Just beat P3P. Fun game but I didn't care for the characters/story nearly as much as I did for P4G. Felt too grindy altogether.

Glad I played it but it's not one I'm going to come back to. P4G on the other hand...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I, too, will be interested to know if Oedo Blacksmith is half decent. Sounds good in premise, but the presentation and the touchy-feely bullshit have me apprehensive.

I didnt look into it too deeply, but if its third party stuff as something that NIS just published usually those dont end up as good as their self developed titles.

Just beat P3P. Fun game but I didn't care for the characters/story nearly as much as I did for P4G. Felt too grindy altogether.

Glad I played it but it's not one I'm going to come back to. P4G on the other hand...

There are some great characters/social links in P3 (really like the Sun social link), but I agree, I prefer the characters in P4.

yaffi

You found it alright, the NISA localization will be censored alot though. Which tbh kinda defeats the purpose of the game mostly.

If I remember correctly they're just going to adjust the way you "motivate" the girls. It's probably like removing that bath mechanic thing in Mugen Souls.

Gamerloid

Persona Q on the 3DS is quite excellent. As a huge Persona 3 and 4 fan (surprising right), along with Etrian Odyssey, this game just hits all the right notes, it is a really good DRPG. The Persona feel is there, but it's totally revamped in a way to fit with the Etrian gameplay. It works really well, and seeing the P3 high school peeps again is great since it has been a good while since I last played P3P. Also the soundtrack... Lawd. So good. Sorry VitaBros.
Why do I have to be s darn broke right now? ;_;

I played PDF 2nd for about 30 minutes on my flight. It was great.
Why do I have to be so darn broke right now? ;_;

Going somewhere for Thanksgiving?

Top Bottom