• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

deadfolk

Persona Q on the 3DS is quite excellent. As a huge Persona 3 and 4 fan (surprising right), along with Etrian Odyssey, this game just hits all the right notes, it is a really good DRPG. The Persona feel is there, but it's totally revamped in a way to fit with the Etrian gameplay. It works really well, and seeing the P3 high school peeps again is great since it has been a good while since I last played P3P. Also the soundtrack... Lawd. So good. Sorry VitaBros.

Does it contain spoilers for P3/P4?

Tizoc

When we're getting infos about sales?1 hr from now?
Also can't wait for the PS+ games announcement

Eh. It's cool it's getting a retail release, but not at that price...

I mean if it was $20, yeah I'd get a retail copy just fine, even if the game is 100-300 MB, that's 100 MB not taken up on my 64 GB.

Did you try it on your actual system or did you only try it on the webstore? Because, I was able to download Thomas Was Alone (free for me) and the Guilty Gear PS+ exclusive demo through my PS4. Now, because I did not actually pay anything for them, maybe that's why I could download them without issue.

Yeah I tried both, like I said I contacted my credit company and everything was fine. Sony was the one making requests for payments of 0$, hence why it never went through aha.

Why do I have to be s darn broke right now? ;_;

Weeeell, Christmas is right around around the corner you know.. *wink-wink*

Does it contain spoilers for P3/P4?

Well it assumes that you know both plots. I'll give you a mild early P3 spoiler example, when the
P3 crew lands on P4's world and they have no idea of what's going on, everyone starts complaining because they can't go back, and Junpei complains that he wants to go back to see Chidorita at the hospital.
Now if you were to not play P3, it would be fine, but you would just think, "well sure, but who is this person?". There are very small nods to each game at every corner, and in order to fully enjoy them, I would say it would be best to have played both games.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
My parents' house in Chicago.

Man to hell with y'all that are having real thanksgiving dinner back in the US of A
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Have not had a proper thanksgiving dinner in a long ass time haha. Have a safe trip!

SerTapTap

RE: vita touch screen...things. I wouldn't mind it if it were fun in any way at all. It's just a super boring super repetitive minigame in Monster Monpiece though, I've no idea why it continues to be used. I'm not offended by it, it's just boring and tiresome and I fail to see why it would be interesting regardless.

If I remember correctly they're just going to adjust the way you "motivate" the girls. It's probably like removing that bath mechanic thing in Mugen Souls.

IIRC it's voices ONLY because ESRB is weird. Could be wrong but I recall it being something hilariously absurd like that.

So glad Binding of Isaac avoided the censorship stick

Flappy 2048? PSM is like 4 months behind all the cool clones. lol @ "Solbrain". What is "Character control by this fantastic adventure game of 5 balls." even supposed to mean? Is that like Krogans having a Quad?

It's a simple, but good RPG.

It's battle system is unique despite its simplicity. Instead of choosing a command, you'd have to pick which action to take from one out of four girls' suggestion. Which is largely based on their growth.
And since I like fiddling with RPG mechanics, it's also based on the enemies and your team composition. I can't remember if location matters.

Hrm, I've played games with this sort of system (Magus Sisters immediately comes to mind) not the biggest fan of it. Feels too indirect/RNG based. I'm fine with RNG for almost anything but what actions I can take, then it feels like I'm losing control.

yaffi

IIRC it's voices ONLY because ESRB is weird. Could be wrong but I recall it being something hilariously absurd like that.

Apparently it's the exact opposite:

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=791100#p791100

The punishment minigame will remain as is, with a couple small tweaks. The first is that the associated audio will not be present (moans, gasps, short phrases, etc.).

http://www.nichegamer.net/2014/07/n...orship-claims-for-criminal-girls-invite-only/

For Criminal Girls, the changes the developer is making do not change any of the core game play mechanics. They are modifying the amount of fog that remains in some scenes as well as removing the Japanese audio from those same scenes.

antibolo

Banned
Wow the Vita only gets two free games this month due to no cross-buy overlap. Is this the first time it happens in the current "six games per month" system?

Also lol at Deadly Premonition. Didn't expect this game at all.

SerTapTap

No someone stop me I looked in the PS+ thread why would I do that no. There is literally no way Sony could ever make a month people didn't complain about

maouvin

No someone stop me I looked in the PS+ thread why would I do that no. There is literally no way Sony could ever make a month people didn't complain about

Injustice and Ponchos were known, people seem happy about the PS3 games and Vita owners are gentlemen and don't bitch about PS+, so it's safe.

deadfolk

Well it assumes that you know both plots. I'll give you a mild early P3 spoiler example, when the
P3 crew lands on P4's world and they have no idea of what's going on, everyone starts complaining because they can't go back, and Junpei complains that he wants to go back to see Chidorita at the hospital.
Now if you were to not play P3, it would be fine, but you would just think, "well sure, but who is this person?". There are very small nods to each game at every corner, and in order to fully enjoy them, I would say it would be best to have played both games.

Thanks!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Only thing for me this month would have been Deadly Premonition, but I bought it when it was on sale for like $5 a few months ago. So, eh.

VLiberty

Not a single one I'm truly interested in. I'll try all of them as usual, but as of now it looks like the weakest month of the year for me. March and April weren't hot for me, but that was because I already owned the games I was interested in(Sly, Hotline, Tomb Raider etc)

This time I just don't like anything offered.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I SOLD MY FIRST VITA TODAY! I'M SO HAPPY!

Also the PS Plus lineup seems like he weakest one in a while. Meh, I got enough games to play at the moment anyway.

daydream

Banned
Yikes, not a great PS+ month for Vita. Although, granted, we've been getting spoilt these past few months. I'll play Titan Attacks, though.

iosefe

Folklore get, but I'm out of the house.

If you live in Miami and want it, the Game Stop in Aventura Mall has one more copy

autoduelist

And the other Vita game is a tower defense.

Possibly the worst month ever for Vita??

Maybe?

That said, I thought Titan Attacks was a fun powerup based Space Invaders. I bought it on deep sale and got 100% withing like 2 hours. It's too easy -- I beat it my first playthrough, but I'm pretty good at schmups so ymmv. Despite being easy and too short for my taste, I got my $2 bucks or so out of it.

That said, there are plenty of other games I'd prefer.

As for tower defense, I love tower defense, so I'm okay with that too.

Still, definitely a bad month for vita but we're comparing it to a string of months where we got 4-5 games thanks to cross buy.

nampad

Sucks to see Ubisoft putting ressources in a bad WiiU port nobody will buy like all the other ports it received instead of releasing something for Vita after Assassins Creed had respectable sales according to Guillemot himself. After saying that, we got nothing though.

I am not talking of new games or ports of the big games which are either too expensive or the Vita can't handle but where are the ports of some digital games (Valiant Hearts) or maybe PS2 remakes.

SerTapTap

I don't know how people are still able to complain about PS+ games...It's like whatever Sony does, they'll never be happy.

So far I've seen people demand:
- exclusive
- non indie
- retail
- recent games

So basically two retail first party Sony titles for PS4 every single month, but even then I'm sure people would find something to complain about. "UNCHARTED 4?! WHERE IS KNACK SONYYYYY"

nampad

I don't know how people are still able to complain about PS+ games...It's like whatever Sony does, they'll never be happy.

I am happy with PS+, it is just that I have played Titans Attack and think it is quite boring.
Considering the price of PS+, I get games that interest me often enough and the sale savings alone make it worth.

antibolo

Banned
Sucks to see Ubisoft putting ressources in a bad WiiU port nobody will buy like all the other ports it received instead of releasing something for Vita after Assassins Creed had respectable sales according to Guillemot himself. After saying that, we got nothing though.

I am not talking of new games or ports of the big games which are either too expensive or the Vita can't handle but where are the ports of some digital games (Valiant Hearts) or maybe PS2 remakes.

Pretty sure that Ubisoft is 100% finished with the Vita, or else they would have ported Valiant Hearts, which was kind of expected after Child of Light, but never happened.

Top Bottom