• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

autoduelist

This is as good a reason as any, but it seems like it's a safeguard against something that shouldn't happen... Just odd.

It's likely just subtle fraud prevention. Limits issues with stolen credit cards, for example.

There may also be some regulations in place if you hold more than $x in funds -- that is, it might qualify you as a money holder and require insurance or adherence to other guidelines that Sony doesn't want to deal with. I'd have to look into that more to know if something like wallets can fall into that, but it's possible.

Ultimately, $150 is enough to cover almost everyone, and those people actually affected have easy and obvious workarounds (like keeping cards in a cabinet). So, again, most likely just a safeguard that stops some issues and affects almost nobody negatively.

It's likely just subtle fraud prevention. Limits issues with stolen credit cards, for example.

There may also be some regulations in place if you hold more than $x in funds -- that is, it might qualify you as a money holder and require insurance or adherence to other guidelines that Sony doesn't want to deal with. I'd have to look into that more to know if something like wallets can fall into that, but it's possible.

Ultimately, $150 is enough to cover almost everyone, and those people actually affected have easy and obvious workarounds (like keeping cards in a cabinet). So, again, most likely just a safeguard that stops some issues and affects almost nobody negatively.

yeah, it's certainly in that vain, but 150$ seems so low, and that seems like the sort of problem you should use other methods to hinder. But we all know sony's history with hackers and such, so I guess they're playing it especially safe.

Tizoc

Well I got the refund on my MS2 PSP purchase and dropped $9.99 to get the SEGA Genesis collection. Sonic 2 runs fine but oh got THEY BUTCHERED THE 'SEEEEGAAAA' VOICE CLIP, HOW DO YOU BOTCH THAT YOU IDIOTS?!

Toki767

For the $15 back on $100 deal for PSN, can you wait to see what's on sale on December 2nd, or would that be too late?

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/us-store-credit/

I'll be a few dollars short, so I'd like to wait and see if anything decent shows up on Tuesday.

Yes you can wait. Just need to spend it before 11:59PM, not sure if it's PST or EST though, probably PST.

I need to spend about $40 more. So far only bought Transistor and a year of PS+. Thinking of either Project Diva f 2nd or Tales of Hearts R but I can't quite pull the trigger on them.

UFC PPV through Live Events Viewer got a PS+ discount. I think that is a first for a PS+ discount on any of those events:
d4IfUHI.jpg

Sarcasm

Reading and maybe choosing hard in Rainbow moon isn't a good idea but I already put almost eight hours in.

Don't know if I should start over again.

In case anyone's looking for a game that has the same feel as CoD: World at War's zombie mode, there's a PS Mobile game called The Game Lab Project.

Game is only $0.49 and is pretty ok. There's 3 modes, Botzone, Zombie survival and strangely a 2D catch em or game ends mini game, not sure what this type is called. The first two being FPS, the zombie game being the most stable. All three high score based.

Gun animations are pretty great for a PSM game and graphics aint that bad, aint that good either.

IMO you wont be losing much with that low of a price.

Tizoc

It may be missing animation frames and everyone has white blood, but Metal Slug X runs fine and is making up for my Run n' Gun fix.

Mendrox

Are there PSN problems in the EU? I cannot connect to Destiny servers and PSN works so lala... I haven't changed anything at my side. :-/

autoduelist

In case anyone's looking for a game that has the same feel as CoD: World at War's zombie mode, there's a PS Mobile game called The Game Lab Project.

Game is only $0.49 and is pretty ok. There's 3 modes, Botzone, Zombie survival and strangely a 2D catch em or game ends mini game, not sure what this type is called. The first two being FPS, the zombie game being the most stable. All three high score based.

Gun animations are pretty great for a PSM game and graphics aint that bad, aint that good either.

IMO you wont be losing much with that low of a price.

sounded interesting so i google it. looks like all profits go to charity, too.
http://kuntryjackgames.blogspot.com/

going to buy it.

Takao

Banned
What's the browser plugin to sort PSN download lists on PC? I want to redownload LBP Vita but I bought the game in 2012 so going through that manually will take a while. Sony has removed it from the store so I can't go to the page either.

wilflare

What's the browser plugin to sort PSN download lists on PC? I want to redownload LBP Vita but I bought the game in 2012 so going through that manually will take a while. Sony has removed it from the store so I can't go to the page either.

there's such a thing? :O

SerTapTap

Any easy way to tell how much you've spent toward the $100 thing? I'm thinking I'll get to $50 with actual purchases and toss a PS+ year on there, not seeing enough indie or DLC content to hit $100 right now. I was looking through the store and I own a surprisingly large proportion of the indie games available on PS3...

ZeroAKA

iHrxNA0wcrBYN.png

Game of the Month voting ends today! Please vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released from October 28 onwards. You can either PM me on GAF (which I would prefer) or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Format the PM as such:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)
Any incorrectly formatted PMs may be ignored. Good luck!

which DJMax? Technika Tune?

trying to hit $100
Either of them. Both are great.

SerTapTap

Lol that drop format (I know it's because of the holiday). I didn't even know the crew was out so soon.

RIP Kingdom Hearts 2.5.

Oh right, I got my LE of that. Uh. It's mostly good, but the artbook is hilariously poorly put together. The art is fine, but the slipcase is hilariously cheap and oversized and the book doesn't close properly. The covers are also thicker than all pages combined. The Heartless doll and (single) steelbook are good though, there's good artwork for either game on either side of it. Decent LE but I would have expected better quality out of Squeenix. Probably the most poorly put together artbook I've ever received.

not like it has a digital release

It doesn't?! Uggggh I thought we were done with that even on PS3. I'll be so glad when there are no more games released ONLY on physical media, if only so games like Folklore are always easy to obtain at a reasonable price.

iosefe

It doesn't?! Uggggh I thought we were done with that even on PS3. I'll be so glad when there are no more games released ONLY on physical media, if only so games like Folklore are always easy to obtain at a reasonable price.

it's just something with the kingdom hearts series

also, i found Folklore for 12 bucks the other day, check your local gamestop, you might be lucky

autoduelist

doesn't look too shabby to me. been waiting on Secret Ponchos since the original E3 announcement. I like tower defense so Final Horizon is alright in my book. Fantasy Hero looks interesting if the price is right, based on youtube. Game of Thrones is something i really want to play (having devoured the books) though I'm always scared of telltale's glitchy work. I assume syberia ps3 is the PC game? That got good reviews, though I'm done with my ps3.

So really, the only stuff I'm not interested in is a ps1 chess game and maybe The Crew -- which looked great at announcement (i love racing games) but sounds like it may have issues.

antibolo

Banned
Well I got the refund on my MS2 PSP purchase and dropped $9.99 to get the SEGA Genesis collection. Sonic 2 runs fine but oh got THEY BUTCHERED THE 'SEEEEGAAAA' VOICE CLIP, HOW DO YOU BOTCH THAT YOU IDIOTS?!

I'm going to go ahead and guess that this collection was not done by M2.

Top Bottom