• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Renpatsu

No button controls for DJ MAX TT as it's very much a game designed around the touch screen. It's absolutely doable, but obviously on a commute you won't be playing at your best.

Edit: Hmn TOTP, appropriately buy DJMAX Technika Tune.

Oh.

Well there goes my interest in that game. =/
Buy MUSYNC instead.

Renpatsu

Isn't MUSYNC kinda lacking in content?
Compared to more established Music Rhythm games you're right and it was an even worse proposition at launch. However since then the game now has a total of 21 songs (including DLC) with more to come so it's still a worthwhile proposition especially if you're yearning for traditional DJMAX/Beatmania-esque controls.

Tizoc

The PSP does not = the PS3.

Cant really expect the PSP to have the same hardware specs as the PS3, which includes how software is handled.

I don't see what that has anything to do with my issue with the game. At all.
Metal Slug 2 isn't some high mega demanding game, especially when it is under 50 MB.
It's how M2 handled the port and decided to port it 1:1 of the original. If you find the PSX ver. of Metal Slug X to run mega slow when played on PSP, hey I might agree with you, but seeing as even the PSX ver. of Metal Slug X doesn't have slowdown means that it could've been fixed for MS2.

Cha

Oh my. A little late to the party, but I just noticed that Gravity Rush is currently (for this weekend only) REALLY cheap! Anyone that doesn't own it needs to jump on it. That price is crazy!

Oh my. A little late to the party, but I just noticed that Gravity Rush is currently (for this weekend only) REALLY cheap! Anyone that doesn't own it needs to jump on it. That price is crazy!

Whoever owns a vita and hasn't played this game yet is a horrible human being, and I won't like you. Go buy it. Like, now.

Valkyria

Banned
Thinking of buying a physical copy of DJ MAX but I am not sold on the whole touch thing. Is it doable? Have seen gameplay videos. I kind like the soundtrack.

Go for it, you get use to new control scheme pretty fast. Once you do, an awesome full content packaged game awaits you.

Buy it now! XD.

bobohoro

Gravity Rush reminded me constantly how amazing its ideas are. And how flawed they executed them. Real shame since it definitely has lots of charme, but I don't think it is such a must-play, especially nowadays.

On the other hand, for that price, it is a real pretty flight simulator with good music and a nice atmosphere, so why not.

I couldn't get on with the controls in gravity rush. it's a charming game no doubt, but I gave up after a couple of hours. I'm sure I'll revisit it again one day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember Gravity Rush was the reason why I bought a Vita. And then P4G :p

Neither of those games do anything for me. Especially Gravity Rush. I might actually buy P4G to see what changed when I find it for a good price digitally but I played GR for about five minutes right around its launch and decided that it just wasn't any good.

Neither of those games do anything for me. Especially Gravity Rush. I might actually buy P4G to see what changed when I find it for a good price digitally but I played GR for about five minutes right around its launch and decided that it just wasn't any good.

Damn now I'm curious, what do you play/like on your Vita?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the best thing I've played so far.

Danganronpa 1 was pretty ok. Good enough to buy 2 when it goes on sale.

I've got FF X/X-2 on tap, I know I'll like those. Got a bunch of PS1 classics as well.

Waiting for Shinovi Versus and Tactics Ogre to go on sale.

It's mainly a PS1 classics machine for me though.

Tizoc

Are the psone megaman games any good?

The ports are OK, but they are the JP versions of the game! The colors really pop out on the Vita.
Language barrier isn't a big issue but if you're looking for a classic megaman fix, the 4 PSX classics are worth checking out.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was the best thing I've played so far.

Danganronpa 1 was pretty ok. Good enough to buy 2 when it goes on sale.

I've got FF X/X-2 on tap, I know I'll like those. Got a bunch of PS1 classics as well.

Waiting for Shinovi Versus and Tactics Ogre to go on sale.

It's mainly a PS1 classics machine for me though.

I see, you seem to be more of a classics player than anything, that explains it. You should at least try a Persona game, if not 3 or 4, try 2!

Takao

Banned
Those of you that own a PS4, was there any pamphlets or ads on the box saying you can use Remote Play to play PS4 games on Vita?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The sound and graphics are a bit off. If you've got a 3DS it has fantastic and accurate versions of the six NES games.

Vita is a pretty good device to play X4 on though.

The two Persona 2 games are the only ones in that series I really enjoy.

Well they are the best, after all.

I wouldn't say they are the best, I liked the dungeon designs for example, but the fights are too slow, and the rate of encounters is insanely high. Pretty much it's problem for me is that it is an older game, and it's age shows gameplay wise. The plot however is brilliant, and the cast is amazing. Still, Persona 3 is my game :p

igor

Thinking of buying a physical copy of DJ MAX but I am not sold on the whole touch thing. Is it doable? Have seen gameplay videos. I kind like the soundtrack.

You can see if you like the game on iOS and Android, it's a free download - I would wholehearedly recommend it, if you like the gameplay videos.

Game is unplayable on the go, and if you have weak wrists like myself the rear touch controls are really painful - I play it mostly sitting by the desk. Very bad when doing college work, but the game is just so much fun - part of the appeal of the series is clever placement of patterns which makes the game flow great and they nailed it for touch as well. Soundtrack is fantastic and even though there are no DLC, they mix feels varied. I wish there was less of these shitty rock tracks, but theres like 2 or 3 of them anyway.
If you're fan of the series Technika Tune is amazing, everyone else might want to try out the gameplay first - it's touch based, but the game is super responsive.

I love Gravity Rush graphics and the city and being able to fly but the gameplay is sometimes plain awful :( Fighting in the air is hot garbage.

I wouldn't say they are the best, I liked the dungeon designs for example, but the fights are too slow, and the rate of encounters is insanely high. Pretty much it's problem for me is that it is an older game, and it's age shows gameplay wise. The plot however is brilliant, and the cast is amazing. Still, Persona 3 is my game :p

Encounter rate is the greatest flaw. I never had any issues with slowness in the combat, personally, but I'm a pokemon player so that's something that doesn't bother me much. A 3D persona 2 duology remake would be pretty incredible.

Finished Tohko's route in Akiba's trip, enjoyed this game more than I thought I would. The combat feels a bit clunky, and the areas are too small, so in the beginning there was a lot of loading screens (but you can fast travel to all areas you've visited, which was quite nice). The the humor is pretty funny, and I like a good portion of the characters. The only one I actively disliked was Kati.

Kinda annoying that you can't upgrade your partner's unique clothing. I really liked Tohko's outfit, so I never changed it, and it had pretty bad stats. But all in all I think the game is well worth the sales price in EU. I'll probably do other routes later.

I really wish the SEN Store would allow us to have more than $150 credit in our account at a time.

...Why would they limit this? You can't take money out, can you? Don't see how it can be used for illegal activity or anything since it's a closed ecosystem. Not like the steam Market. So odd.

ZeroAKA

...Why would they limit this? You can't take money out, can you? Don't see how it can be used for illegal activity or anything since it's a closed ecosystem. Not like the steam Market. So odd.
It makes no sense to me either. I have $60 in my account and ~$150 of unredeemed credit right now.

I bought it at launch and had a lot of fun furnishing a literal house of horrors, setting traps to create gruesome Rune Goldberg machines of torture for would-be heroes stumbling into my castle. It has a great satirical wit to how it portrays its 'heroes' and 'villians'.

Nay. The idea and concept sounded fun, but the game ended up being tedious and annoying. If you decide to get it, just know what you're getting into.

Thought it would be more fun but the novelty of setting up traps wore of quick. The rest needs some more polish. I backlogged it infinitely pretty quick.

Thanks for the opinions. I'll keep them in the back of my mind once I see it on sale.

Is there a deal?

No deal that I saw, but was considering a B2G1 on used games via BestBuy's site before I realized most of what I would want isn't available. Guess I'll get it when SCEA puts it on sale digitally
which would be never

What anime is that bear from?

For the life of me I actually tried to find out and my Google-Fu has failed me. All I know is I put Table Flip Gif into Google images and this one stuck out to me. It's been featured on several sites, but no idea where it originated from. I would love to know myself.

It's been on sale before for $20.

Good to know, but if there's a lot of micro-management in the game I would probably hold out for a lower price. I have enough guilty pleasure grind-fests on my hands, and it doesn't help that I'm replaying a handful of PS1 RPGs on my Vita at the same time.

Yasumi

Banned
For the life of me I actually tried to find out and my Google-Fu has failed me. All I know is I put Table Flip Gif into Google images and this one stuck out to me. It's been featured on several sites, but no idea where it originated from. I would love to know myself.
Shirokuma Cafe, just the best thing ever.

Top Bottom