• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Flandy

Question, GAF.

Why do some games, like Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for Vita, say it's playable on the PS3? At least If you look at it on the web store, not sure about the PS Store.

Didn't say that for me. Anyway, I'd assume it says that because there's also a PS3 version that you can buy.

Here's my loot from the sale. Only $21.43 I love PS+ <3
Should I get Blood Dragon? Not really sure if I should get a game that is mostly games and references to the 80s. Also if it runs anything like vanilla FC3 I'll stop playing it because of the framerate/screen tearing
11959193256_4197c705a7_b.jpg

11959194376_11e4dd7433_b.jpg

Jubern

Japanese updates can be hit & miss and this month's is definitely pretty shitty >_<
I mean getting Trails in the Sky the 3rd is nice, but it IS just a pretty old game ported to PSP...

Rest of this month selection includes Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (wut), Super Hang-On (...) or the PC-Engine version of Cho Aniki... Full list at the link below (first 8 titles):
http://www.jp.playstation.com/psn/plus/list/index.html

Kalamoj

Should I get Blood Dragon? Not really sure if I should get a game that is mostly games and references to the 80s. Also if it runs anything like vanilla FC3 I'll stop playing it because of the framerate/screen tearing
Velocity Ultra is godlike on Vita, don't stop until platinum.

olimpia84

I already have Bioshock Infinite on disc but I think I'll download it to have it on my HDD handy since I kind of want to replay the game soon. Will the download version read the save files I created with my disc version last year?

I already have Bioshock Infinite on disc but I think I'll download it to have it on my HDD handy since I kind of want to replay the game soon. Will the download version read the save files I created with my disc version last year?

Not sure, but you could use cloud saves

Khronico

Didn't say that for me. Anyway, I'd assume it says that because there's also a PS3 version that you can buy.

Blood Dragon seems to be pretty good so far, I played an hour last night. It's a lot like the core gameplay of Far Cry 3 with a much better aesthetic imo, and some mechanics taken out (crafting) in favor of streamlining the game. The framerate is pretty stable except when tons of things are happpening on the screen, apparently it's a lot better than FC3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't tell which games will work on PS3... if they're listed as "PSN Games", does that mean they'll work on PS3?

This is regarding the 14 for 14 sale...

Tizoc

I can't tell which games will work on PS3... if they're listed as "PSN Games", does that mean they'll work on PS3?

This is regarding the 14 for 14 sale...

Non of the games in this promo are for PS4.
...and the store willtell you which systems the games will run on.

Maybe it is because I'm almost always stoned when I play my PS3, but DYAD is one of the best games I've ever played. Currently at spot #25 on the leaderboard for Level 6's trophy level. This is the first game I've ever even been remotely interested in PS3 Leaderboards, feels good man

Now if only there was split screen and/or online multiplayer, like different races/challenges of some sort.

phierce

Yes, the saves work. Just tested it today.

Found out earlier that I had missed Demon's Souls and only by a few days at that ugh.

loving the selection we have been getting on PS3, finally gave me a chance to play SotC seriously and finish it.

dugdug

Banned
Maybe it is because I'm almost always stoned when I play my PS3, but DYAD is one of the best games I've ever played. Currently at spot #25 on the leaderboard for Level 6's trophy level. This is the first game I've ever even been remotely interested in PS3 Leaderboards, feels good man

Now if only there was split screen and/or online multiplayer, like different races/challenges of some sort.

Yup. One of my favorite games, probably ever. Massively overlooked.

Flandy

Back when I got Plus back it was literally a few days after it was down.
I was looking through the list earlier to see what I had missed, don't even remember it being announced I probably would have gotten Plus back sooner for it.

Ohh that makes sense. Thought you meant you just now missed it.

Anyone run into the site trying to charge you money for free PS+ games even though you're obviously subscribed? Can't pick up Bioshock or DmC for this reason..

Edit - Sale prices apparently work, however.

wuiB5AQ.png

Remove it and try adding it again, or try adding from a different page (IE, go to the game page rather than hitting the little cart button from the full list or vis versa).

I had to do that about 7 times, but I finally got it to work, thanks Brad.

Yeah, I couldn't miss picking up Puppeteer for only 7 either.

Not feeling any compulsion to play Infinite a second time, but damn Devil may Cry is so fun. Almost beat it and might have to go through again for the hidden challenges

Did Sony change how PS4 plus games work? Can you now only get them from the PS4? I managed to get Resogun at the time when it was free.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a dumbass who already had it in their purchase history.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DmC, you say?

DmC, I say.

M8pxfCQ.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Whoa dude. The game is bad all right, and I can understand being sickened and disgusted to such an amount, but it's not worth destroying your property over. ;)

Dynasty Warriors as a PS+ Freebie would be great, been interested in that franchise for years but been too afraid to break into it.

Haven't played 8 nor Next but the last DWs were awful. Different characters/era/place but Sengoku Basara is where fun is at the moment if you enjoy hack 'n slashes.

Looking forward to try Next anyway.

Haven't played 8 nor Next but the last DWs were awful. Different characters/era/place but Sengoku Basara is where fun is at the moment if you enjoy hack 'n slashes.

Looking forward to try Next anyway.

Aww bugger. What would be the best game to dip into the franchise? My local indie store has a ton of preowned copies from PS2-PS3.

quickwhips

when you get a ps+ account do you get last months games also? how does that work. I just about bought 1 year and it showed last months games plus this months? Is this a bug?

when you get a ps+ account do you get last months games also? how does that work. I just about bought 1 year and it showed last months games plus this months? Is this a bug?

Yeah it's fine. The more free games the better!

Aww bugger. What would be the best game to dip into the franchise? My local indie store has a ton of preowned copies from PS2-PS3.

I have fond memories of DW 4, 5 should be ok too. Avoid 6 and 7 because they changed some gameplay mechanics (combo, weapon styles and musou system) which makes it inferior to the old formula imo.

There is a spinoff series called Dynasty Tactics with same characters and story but plays as a strategy board like game if you like the genre. Starting with DW 4 you may find "Empires" version of the series which brings some gameplay elements of "Tactics" into them.

We also have a community thread if you want more suggestions from DW aficionados.

questione..
what are the new games ok eu psn? any leak so far?

This was leaked:
Leaked PS+ EU games ( February)

February 2014 however, looks like it could be one of the strongest months yet if the list that we at GamePointsNow have been shown is true. While it’s worth noting that this hasn’t been publicly confirmed by Sony yet, one of the titles is already available to US subscribers and another has been announced as coming to PS+ in very early 2014. So, here’s the list we were shown:

PS4: Outlast
PS3: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light.
Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next, Modnation Racers.

Source: https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/rumoured-february-playstation-plus-content/
Dynasty Warrior Next was confirmed after the leak by Tecmo

Does EU Plus update next Wednesday?
29th there's a countdown for each system at http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/

The February PS+ preview for Europe will be up next week.

questione..
what are the new games ok eu psn? any leak so far?

This was posted from GamePointsNow
PS4: Outlast
PS3: Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light.
Vita: Dynasty Warriors Next, Modnation Racers.
Both Outlast and Dynasty Warriors Next have been confirmed to be in the PS+ lineup next month. The others, we don't know if they are true or not.

Top Bottom