• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Yeah it's fine. The more free games the better!

I have fond memories of DW 4, 5 should be ok too. Avoid 6 and 7 because they changed some gameplay mechanics (combo, weapon styles and musou system) which makes it inferior to the old formula imo.

There is a spinoff series called Dynasty Tactics with same characters and story but plays as a strategy board like game if you like the genre. Starting with DW 4 you may find "Empires" version of the series which brings some gameplay elements of "Tactics" into them.

We also have a community thread if you want more suggestions from DW aficionados.

DW3 is still my favorite title of the series. 4 was okay as well. Didn't like 6 and 7 and haven't played 8 yet.

Thank you for the replies! I'll check out the community thread, and I'll see if the local store has DW4. Tactics sounds right up my street too, there are not enough tactical RPGs.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Isn't Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons supposed to be on PS+ soon? Is there a date set yet?

My poor hard drive and free time :(

Seriously though, they have been delivering a pretty amazing value lately. Can't wait to see what February brings.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thank you for the replies! I'll check out the community thread, and I'll see if the local store has DW4. Tactics sounds right up my street too, there are not enough tactical RPGs.

I don't know why people are telling you to avoid DW7. DW6, sure, it was awful. But 7 went back to the old DW combat system, with the addition of weapon switching. Which honestly isn't awful, since nobody's forcing you to use it if you don't want to. And really, if you want an idea of what DW NEXT is going to be like, you should play 7, since NEXT is based on it.

8 is a HUGE improvement on 7 though, and if you can find it for a good price I'd suggest it as well. But most of all I'd recommend Warriors Orochi 3, since it's basically the best musou game released in a long time. Over 100 characters from both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, as well as from other Tecmo Koei franchises, like Ryu from Ninja Gaiden and Ayane from DOA. It's digital-only on PS3, though I believe it's dropped in price to $30 recently.

Uncharted 3 took a long time to download and now it is taking a long ass time to install. It shouldn't take this long to install video files.

Card Boy

Banned
Err how should i be Installing Ni no Kuni? I bought it during that PSN+ sale. Do i install the 6gig file first or the 16gig file? The both have the same name.....

Weird issue, I've just had an email stating that Sony have been unable to auto renew my PS Plus subscription as my card failed.
Nothing has changed with my account/card and the debit card still functions so is it possible that this email was sent in error?

In my account it states that today is the expiration date for my sub but I was still able to add and 'buy' Don't Starve but I guess I would be able to until 12am tonight?

Am I safe to buy another 3 month subscription without it charging my twice should the auto renew kick back in again?

Cheers

By the way, it's an EU account.

Err how should i be Installing Ni no Kuni? I bought it during that PSN+ sale. Do i install the 6gig file first or the 16gig file? The both have the same name.....

I don't think it matters but I installed the 6gb file first and it works without problem.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For tomorrow:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS3) - Free for PS Plus members
Worms: Battle Islands (PSP|PS VITA) - Free for PS Plus members

ZdsQwRD.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/20/playstation-plus-brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons-for-members/

Number45

Should I pull the trigger on that Sound Shapes Vita deal or wait and see if it goes lower at some point? I have a huge backlog so I don't need it now.
I bought it at launch and more than got my money's worth (love all of it, particularly death mode), so I'd say go for it. I'm not US based though, so someone more au fait with your store might be better advising how often it goes on sale (and by how much).

EDIT: Also, triple platinum if you're into that kind of thing. :p

OlliOlli is a lot more expensive than I thought it would be given how many times the dev repeated that it would be "cheap."

I assumed it would be around $7.99 before discount.

Number45

OlliOlli is a lot more expensive than I thought it would be given how many times the dev repeated that it would be "cheap."

I assumed it would be around $7.99 before discount.
I guess cheap is a relative term. I know Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) has been really pushing (at least he's brought it up on Twitter a good amount) for indies to consider their pricing rather than automatically price everything really low.

In theory OlliOlli should have pretty good replay value, so I personally wouldn't mind paying up (if it was my kind of game, which it's not).

I guess cheap is a relative term. I know Mike Bithell (Thomas Was Alone) has been really pushing (at least he's brought it up on Twitter a good amount) for indies to consider their pricing rather than automatically price everything really low.

In theory OlliOlli should have pretty good replay value, so I personally wouldn't mind paying up (if it was my kind of game, which it's not).

Sure I agree everything shouldn't be automatically cheap. OlliOlli hasn't come across to me as an extremely content-rich game though. Maybe I'm wrong about that (we'll see tomorrow I guess!) but that's the impression I've gotten thus far.

Oh, and I don't think that's a bad thing. It looks like a cool score attack game. The regular price of $13 just seems high to me considering all of the $10 games on Vita alongside it that actually seem to be more content-rich.

olimpia84

Just beat Rain for the PS3. Very short and easy but at the same time very enjoyable. At 3 bucks it's a steal, make sure you grab this one!

Man, even though 2014 just started, we already got almost half of the 16 titles available for PS3/PS4/Vita that ended up in the top 30 of GAF's Games of the Year 2013.
edit: Well, EU PS+ demonstrates it better I guess...

02. BioShock Infinite
07. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (EU only so far)
14. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (so far US only?)
16. Guacamelee! (EU only so far)
24. Resogun
26. DmC: Devil May Cry
27. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754187

Kinda ridiculous but I'm not complaining :D

Oh and Don't Starve is pretty awesome btw. Also a perfect game for custom music. I activated the free trial of MU with a new PSN account and listen to all kinds of new bands/songs while trying to get better in the game (with my normal account of course).

LGom09

Did they take away the ability to download PS4 games from the website without a PS4? It won't let me add Don't Starve to my cart.

acevans2

I JUST bought Rock Band Blitz last week! What're the odds that game would go on sale. I feel stupid now... that will teach me to pay for things outside of my PS+ backlog.

Prothero

Neo Member
I'm a PS+ member logged in on SEN's site. I'm seeing Sound Shapes for the sale price, but not the PS+ sale price. Is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

fenners

I'm a PS+ member logged in on SEN's site. I'm seeing Sound Shapes for the sale price, but not the PS+ sale price. Is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Is today's update live? Sometimes it takes time for all the prices to refresh to the correct sale prices - best to wait until the blog is up as people have been overcharged before.

olimpia84

Did Soundshapes ever drop lower than its current sales price? I'm tempted to get it but at the same time I have a big backlog and am wondering if it'll drop even lower.

Top Bottom