• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Guri

Hey guys, quick question for a friend. She wants to sign up for PS+, but we're not sure if she would get all games available now on the IGC. How that works? Would she get them or only the ones available after signing up?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hey guys, quick question for a friend. She wants to sign up for PS+, but we're not sure if she would get all games available now on the IGC. How that works? Would she get them or only the ones available after signing up?

Only ones currently offered at time of signing up

She would get all games in the current IGC plus all future games while subscription is active. Any game that was part of Plus in the past but it no longer available will not be in her account.

It's a collection system that builds as you go only, not one that you can step into once grown.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I bought an external drive and my PS3 recognizes it (after have created a Video/Game/Music-folder in it)... but I can't for the sake of me find a way to copy over games to it. Not even install files... did I seriously buy a 500gb external drive just to put movies/music/photos in it, and not the heavy shit like the games?

Someone, please save me.

Arukado

So I bought an external drive and my PS3 recognizes it (after have created a Video/Game/Music-folder in it)... but I can't for the sake of me find a way to copy over games to it. Not even install files... did I seriously buy a 500gb external drive just to put movies/music/photos in it, and not the heavy shit like the games?

Someone, please save me.
You can't copy/install games on an external hdd.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You can't copy/install games on an external hdd.

G fucking G.

Should've read this before spending $80 on the product. Great, now I'm broke and STILL have no space on my PS fucking Triple.

Yoshichan

AndyD

aka andydumi
Verbatim - Store'n'Go Portale Hard Drive, USB 3.0
It's FAT32

http://www.pixmania.se/extern-barba...godr1EAPA#srcid=10548&nopopup=1&CodePromo=oui

The link is in Swedish... anyway you can help me out here :/?

I think that one has this drive inside based on Amazon reviews:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822152168

A 2.5 inch 500gb sata drive. Which is exactly what fits inside the PS3. If you are up for it, I would google how to disassemble the Verbatim enclosure, then use the PS3 instructions to replace the drive. Then you can use the old drive in the same enclosure for an external drive for media.

On the other hand, can you return the Verbatim and just buy a bare drive? It may be cheaper that way.

Yoshichan

gonna try it guys. Thanks so much.

Zoe

@Yoshi, I know it's a manner of convenience, but you do know you don't have to download every Plus game, right?

Cornbread78

Go here and look for a plus game. The expiration date on the game is your sub expiration.

NA1VSGhl.png

perfect, TY, I just noticved, they never credited my account, so now I have to go harass them.

Yoshichan

So ever since my rage post, I've been reading guides left and right, and unscrewing/re-screwing my new and old HDD and I've switched places now. I got a PS3 error that I need to update to the latest firmware through an USB so I'm doing that right now.

This shit is intense! IF this truly works then god bless you guys.

So ever since my rage post, I've been reading guides left and right, and unscrewing/re-screwing my new and old HDD and I've switched places now. I got a PS3 error that I need to update to the latest firmware through an USB so I'm doing that right now.

This shit is intense! IF this truly works then god bless you guys.

Yoshi, as a suggestion: delete everything from your current PS3 hard drive except for savegames and the games that you are currently playing. Otherwise the backup will take forever.

Yoshichan

YES!

YES!

YES!!!!!!!!

I DID IT :D

I thought I had wasted lots of dollars but GAF saved me! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU AndyD (you initiated the whole idea)!

OIAHSFOIASGHFoihasoifhasoifh :D:D:D:D

Yoshichan

DS4 works with Bioshock Infinite?!

Also, are you seeing it free on EU PS+ or NA?

Sotha_Sil

I still can't believe Bioshock Infinite made the IGC so soon. I have to finish up Borderlands 2 before I get started on it, though.

Yoshichan

ARGH! When are we (EU) people getting the same deals?!

Arukado

YES!

I DID IT :D

I thought I had wasted lots of dollars but GAF saved me! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU AndyD (you initiated the whole idea)!

OIAHSFOIASGHFoihasoifhasoifh :D:D:D:D
Congrats. I felt a bit bad for not telling you about that option in my previous post, so i'm glad you could at least change the ps3 hdd.

Yoshichan

If I didn't back up my old HDD, I'm fucked right? I have the old PS3 HDD next to me, and I kinda figured out that I wanted some of the saves in there :lol

Fucked or can I just hook it it and copy the saves to a USB?

Zoe

If I didn't back up my old HDD, I'm fucked right? I have the old PS3 HDD next to me, and I kinda figured out that I wanted some of the saves in there :lol

If you have Plus, you should upload them to cloud storage.

I have never put a hard drive back in after installing another though. Someone else will have to chime in on the possibility of that.

Yoshichan

If you have Plus, you should upload them to cloud storage.

I have never put a hard drive back in after installing another though. Someone else will have to chime in on the possibility of that.

Yeah I'd love to upload them to Cloud... but I've already hooked the sucker out :lol Anyone know what I can do? If anything at all?

Andrefpvs

Yeah I'd love to upload them to Cloud... but I've already hooked the sucker out :lol Anyone know what I can do? If anything at all?

PS3's HDDs are tied to one console and can't be used for any other device without formatting.

Your only option is putting it in the original console and hope you can access the files (that is, if it doesn't ask you to format it first).

AndyD

aka andydumi

You're fucked. If you plug it back in the PS3, it will reformat.

I believe this is incorrect. If you try to plug it into a different PS3 then it will reformat. But I think in the same PS3 should work just fine.

I may be wrong, but if I am then there's not much you can do anyway.

Arukado

Try to put it back in. If you are lucky you won't need to format the hdd and you'll be able to upload the saves to the cloud.

Yoshichan

Oh well. Connected the "old" PS3 HDD back in and it told me that I needed to format the whole thing, as expected.

It's weird, I plugged in the HDD just 2 hours ago and I'm putting the exact same HDD in the same PS3... still needs to format. Such weird design from Sony ._.

Zoe

Oh well. Connected the "old" PS3 HDD back in and it told me that I needed to format the whole thing, as expected.

It's weird, I plugged in the HDD just 2 hours ago and I'm putting the exact same HDD in the same PS3... still needs to format. Such weird design from Sony ._.

It encrypts and associates the drive based on your specific PS3. Kept hackers out for a long time.

Yoshichan

It encrypts and associates the drive based on your specific PS3. Kept hackers out for a long time.

I guess so :( Feels weird losing over 900 hours of Demon's Souls... oh well, it's "only" all the saved data since 2008.

jsnepo

As long as the firmware between the two HDDs is the same, you can swap HDDs and the PS3 will not format them. I also upgraded my 250GB HDD to a 1TB SSHD. I can swap between HDDs to compare the loading times.

Yoshichan

As long as the firmware between the two HDDs is the same, you can swap HDDs and the PS3 will not format them. I also upgraded my 250GB HDD to a 1TB SSHD. I can swap between HDDs to compare the loading times.
Yeah I have no idea what my old PS3 firmware is... Always thought it was fully updated.

Jimrpg

Gah.... Eu plus... These games are great but I can't play first person shooters cause I get motion sickness... Sony - can't you put out games from two different genres....

On the plus side been looking forward to dynasty warriors on the vita!

Question, GAF.

Why do some games, like Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed for Vita, say it's playable on the PS3? At least If you look at it on the web store, not sure about the PS Store.

Top Bottom