• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

NHale

It appears that our dream of Tomb Raider on PS+ this year, it's not happening according to Chris Howe on the blog:

Posted on 17 July, 2013 at 4:35 pm by Chris Howe

We can never be 100% what will be coming up until we finalise deals but I would say that you are safe this side of Xmas

Still the "never be 100%" makes it seem like they are already on negotiations with Square, so if it's not by the end of the year it will probably be early 2014. I can wait.

I get what you're saying, and variety is great, but you can't really blame people for asking for more of what they want. That's what they want.

I understand that but it's still disappointing to see since PS+ is not made to suit anyone in particular, it's the same offering of games to everyone that subscribes. People that have very distinct taste in games, so asking for games that you in particular likes it's just non-constructive and selfish feedback.

In the end those people are only hurting themselves because they don't want to take advantage of the service to try another genres than those they are used to. One of the best things about PS+ is the games that you were not interested at all and end up liking it a lot. Maybe even discovering a different taste like it has happened with XCOM recently.

Man battlefield 3 is one of the top selling psn games any month since it was released. It's unbelieve that its on +

It can easily happen that tomb raider is on plus before the years end

9324843618_3671d88abc_z.jpg

Quick

Banned
Bought a one year PS+ sub from Best Buy at a discount using a spare gift card. I'm stacked until 2015. Feels great man.

I'M IN IT FOR THE LONG HAUL.

Arthea

Can I cry here that I'm again out of disk space. How do you people cope with that? Is it possible to uninstall installed retail games? I can't find such an option. Or clearing game data does that? It seem not affect my disk space problem. :(
Too many plus games, sigh.

SadAli

Neo Member
Can I cry here that I'm again out of disk space. How do you people cope with that? Is it possible to uninstall installed retail games? I can't find such an option. Or clearing game data does that? It seem not affect my disk space problem. :(

Yep you can uninstall retail game data by going to Game then Game Data Utility and selecting individual files. Amazing how much space you can free up that way.
Sadly that is still going to leave me way short for next month but it's one of life's more pleasant nuisances.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Deleting game data does that, but some games have a larger install size than others. You can pick out what to delete by checking the info of each data store listed.

Or, you can do like I do and buy a 750 GB hard drive! Plenty of games installed, and I'm still above 600 gigs.

Diablos

Meh, I'm sad to say that I canceled auto renew for my Plus membership. When I get a PS4 I'm sure I'll add another 12 months again, but for now it's farewell.

And quite frankly, I'm really put off by how much better EU Plus is compared to North America. That certainly did not do Sony any favors in trying to get a renewal out of me.

Chill Dude

Neo Member
I have to honestly say that I feel my PS+ subscription is some of the best value for money I've ever had. So good that like a lot here I had to upgrade my 120GB PS3 to a 640GB hard drive, but that was also worth it. It's not just the free games which here in the UK as loads mention have been amazing but it's also all the decent discount too :).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Whats everyone preordering out of the play deals?

Ducktales and Stealth Inc. Cloudberry looked interesting, but super chaotic.

Ibb & Obb looked really cool, but I have no one to play co-op with, so I'm passing.

BadWolf

Still the "never be 100%" makes it seem like they are already on negotiations with Square, so if it's not by the end of the year it will probably be early 2014. I can wait.

I would take that with a grain of salt, no way they would announce the possibility of it happening ahead of time. That would hurt sales.

Trying to preorder stealth inc and Ducktales and I get a message that not eligible to download stealth inc. WTF!!

Looks like the game is already up for Vita.

NHale

I would take that with a grain of salt, no way they would announce the possibility of it happening ahead of time. That would hurt sales.

They did it with Hitman Absolution 1 month earlier. I believe they started doing after giving away Sleeping Dogs a couple of weeks after a sale and people got really upset about it.

Still I believe he's telling the truth because why comment at all if they are not sure about it? They are not obligated to respond to blog comments, so by responding they are not gaining anything, only losing if it ends up going on PS+ before 2014.

G17

I've just subscribed to PS+. If I don't download a title (such as XCOM this month), will it still be available to play when it is no longer offered in the instant game collection?

or do I need to start the download for it to "activate" the license to the game?

oggob

I've just subscribed to PS+. If I don't download a title (such as XCOM this month), will it still be available to play when it is no longer offered in the instant game collection?

or do I need to start the download for it to "activate" the license to the game?

You only need to "purchase" the title (complete the transaction), once it is purchased it will be added to your download list, that is the only part that matters.

From there, as long as you have an active PS+ account, then you can download it at any point down the track.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
You only need to "purchase" the title (complete the transaction), once it is purchased it will be added to your download list, that is the only part that matters.

From there, as long as you have an active PS+ account, then you can download it at any point down the track.
This. To make it even easier, just use the webstore. You can checkout multiple items at once and you don't have to go through the PS3 download screen for every item you checkout.

Maxxan

Wait, so not only is the horror game Outlast coming to the PS4, but we're also getting it on the igc? That's good stuff :D

Do we know if it's one new title per month, or if we're getting all the indies at the same time as Driveclub?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Wait, so not only is the horror game Outlast coming to the PS4, but we're also getting it on the igc? That's good stuff :D

Do we know if it's one new title per month, or if we're getting all the indies at the same time as Driveclub?
The way I understood it was Driveclub + 1 other title at launch. The other title will be rotated on a monthly basis while #Driveclub PS+ edition will be in the IGC for one full year.

Top Bottom