• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

jvm

Gamasutra.
When will we know of us plus offerings? This week or next?
This week's offerings we will know tomorrow, right?

And, as I think killthee posted higher up, the full month list for August 2013 will be posted probably on Monday 5 August.

Tizoc

This week's offerings we will know tomorrow, right?

And, as I think killthee posted higher up, the full month list for August 2013 will be posted probably on Monday 5 August.
Ah my question was in regards to August freebies actually thanks.

Roto13

Kind of off topic, but I can't think of a better place to ask.

Has anyone tried Pinball Heroes Complete? Any impressions? I only see one review for it on Metacritic and it's from some random source I don't give a butt about. $6 for that many tables seems like a pretty sweet deal.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Kind of off topic, but I can't think of a better place to ask.

Has anyone tried Pinball Heroes Complete? Any impressions? I only see one review for it on Metacritic and it's from some random source I don't give a butt about. $6 for that many tables seems like a pretty sweet deal.
I'm pretty sure I have some of the original tables in my download list, and played them on the PSP. I thought they were pretty terrible. No idea what's different about the Complete set.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
W7AnRXS.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...-marches-to-ps-vitas-instant-game-collection/

Roto13

I'm kind of shocked to learn Max Payne 3 is only $10 regular.

EDIT: It's $40 in the PSN Store. I guess that means it's getting a price drop tomorrow?
I'm pretty sure I have some of the original tables in my download list, and played them on the PSP. I thought they were pretty terrible. No idea what's different about the Complete set.

I think it's just all of the tables in one game, ported to Vita with a few Vita features (touch controls and trophies and junk). I don't want to spend $6 on it if it's terrible. :p

I'm buying US points for max Payne if true but I think the game could en up on euro plus. I'm conflicted.

Also it looks like a pricing error. It goes for 40 dollars pr 30 euros regularly on psn. :s

Hydrargyrus

August is a 'meh' month. The games are good, but I'm not interested in anyone.
I will give a try to X-com, it looks hard and complicated, but who knows, for what I've read is a nice game.

The last fames I've played were Saints Row and Battlefield, and in both cases I had to quit playing...

netguy503

How many GB's is Max Payne 3 on the store? Thanks. This deal is too good to pass up for plus members. I'm glad I never bought/ played it yet. :)

Celegus

Dokuro always looked cool, yet another backlog title for the day when I maybe get a Vita. Good deal on MP3 too, though I really just have no interest in playing it.

Eh, this summer has been really meh for my taste. I'm thinking of not resubbing until something I want comes back up. Or getting a Euro account instead.

I'm kind of shocked to learn Max Payne 3 is only $10 regular.

EDIT: It's $40 in the PSN Store. I guess that means it's getting a price drop tomorrow?

Yes, it's $40 regular price, but now on sale for regular members, further 20 % off for PS+ members.

Max Payne 3 – Regular Price: $39.99; PS Store Sale Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99

Tizoc

I personally didnt like mp3 sad to say but i wonder if theres gonna be a sale on various titles this week.

jcm

That's probably the case, but wouldn't that image normally say "80% off" or whatever?

The blog post is very clear:

Max Payne 3 Sale (PS3)
Max Payne 3 – Regular Price: $39.99; PS Store Sale Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $7.99
Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition – Regular Price: $69.99; PS Store Sale Price: $14.99; PS Plus Price: $11.99

Honestly, I thought the game looked awful, but for $8 I might take a flier anyway.

That's probably the case, but wouldn't that image normally say "80% off" or whatever?

Not if the image is supposed to convey the benefits of the PS+ subscription, which I think it is. Because the PS+ benefit is 20% off the sale price.

If the game was not going on sale for regular members they would obviously have put 80% or something on the image.

Ted

For $8 Max Payne 3 it is absolutely worth it, if only to preview the shooting mechanics which will no doubt be the starting point for those in GTAV.

The single player may or may not float your boat, a lot of people seemed to feel it was cut scene heavy but I didn't find it got too in the way of the shoot-shoot-bang-bang-BOOM action too much.

The gun-play is sound, the controls and camera are done well but the overall game play can be quite repetitive. The entire game is pretty much make your way through a room/area/corridor and shoot stuff/people AND/OR be a passenger on a moving vehicle whilst an AI controlled pilot/driver/captain flies/drive/boats you along some rails and shoot stuff/people. Sprinkle in some slick but very 'movie' style cut scenes, some great fun "BULLET TIME" moments, bake for half an hour on gas mark 6 and waa-laa, MP3 single player.

To be fair though, I suppose that describes a lot of games.

The story, characters and voice acting is enough to be entertained but the twists I wanted to explore more are never developed either in the story or visually in the level design and I kind of lost interest after a while. I completed it but never went back for another play through.

Suffice to say Max is still Max and the thrill is still largely dual wielding quick bang bang action...

The multiplayer is fun as well it's worth noting. It's split free aim and soft lock and then into usual DM/TDM/kill the king games with an additional gang wars mode with a few different "stories". These gang wars are basically get the bags/capture the base/defend the base/kill the king sub games with a running score which alters the starting score in the final, deciding TDM. DLC added an online co-op hoard mode which is fun but probably not worth the money now.

The free aim lobbies were quiet even when I stopped playing but soft lock is genuinely fun in this game if you can get over the "it's not free aim" attitude. The speed of play in soft lock fits the frantic dual wield insanity that should be what Max Payne games should be like. The other bonus with soft lock is that most of the weapons are pretty balanced (perhaps bar sawn off shot gun) and can be used in a successful load out whereas in free aim dancing and zig-zagging with dual wield pistols is the only real winning strategy.

Err, didn't mean this post to be quite so long. Long and short of it, $8, go for it, BULLET TIME baby.

netguy503

For $8 Max Payne 3 it is absolutely worth it, if only to preview the shooting mechanics which will no doubt be the starting point for those in GTAV.

The single player may or may not float your boat, a lot of people seemed to feel it was cut scene heavy but I didn't find it got too in the way of the shoot-shoot-bang-bang-BOOM action too much.

The gun-play is sound, the controls and camera are done well but the overall game play can be quite repetitive. The entire game is pretty much make your way through a room/area/corridor and shoot stuff/people AND/OR be a passenger on a moving vehicle whilst an AI controlled pilot/driver/captain flies/drive/boats you along some rails and shoot stuff/people. Sprinkle in some slick but very 'movie' style cut scenes, some great fun "BULLET TIME" moments, bake for half an hour on gas mark 6 and waa-laa, MP3 single player.

To be fair though, I suppose that describes a lot of games.

The story, characters and voice acting is enough to be entertained but the twists I wanted to explore more are never developed either in the story or visually in the level design and I kind of lost interest after a while. I completed it but never went back for another play through.

Suffice to say Max is still Max and the thrill is still largely dual wielding quick bang bang action...

The multiplayer is fun as well it's worth noting. It's split free aim and soft lock and then into usual DM/TDM/kill the king games with an additional gang wars mode with a few different "stories". These gang wars are basically get the bags/capture the base/defend the base/kill the king sub games with a running score which alters the starting score in the final, deciding TDM. DLC added an online co-op hoard mode which is fun but probably not worth the money now.

The free aim lobbies were quiet even when I stopped playing but soft lock is genuinely fun in this game if you can get over the "it's not free aim" attitude. The speed of play in soft lock fits the frantic dual wield insanity that should be what Max Payne games should be like. The other bonus with soft lock is that most of the weapons are pretty balanced (perhaps bar sawn off shot gun) and can be used in a successful load out whereas in free aim dancing and zig-zagging with dual wield pistols is the only real winning strategy.

Err, didn't mean this post to be quite so long. Long and short of it, $8, go for it, BULLET TIME baby.

If the game plus all the DLC is only $11-$12 would you say that is worth it as well?

Ted

Well the DLC is:

- weapons - some are good, some are poor, none are specifically better than the stock weapons available;

- levels - they're AWESOME but no-one uses them online so essentially worthless;

- perks - some are good, some are poor, one is a little over powered on certain levels (bomb suit, Branco HQ) but not so much so it is impossible to overcome, it's just annoying and you'll find yourself muttering "bombsuit wearing sawn-off *your choice of expletive*" now and again as you get owned by someone who should, all things considered, fucking well be DEAD!!!;

- a good fun online co-op hoard mode - worth it if you have a friend up for playing online with you. Maybe as well the sale will bump the numbers for match making?

I enjoyed it but I played a lot of MP when the lobbies were pretty full so I can't really recommend it now.

Then again, you can't get much for $3 so hell, maybe!

Joni

I can buy a new 12 GB PlayStation 3 for €130. Good deal? My old PS3 is just working fine, but I want to keep it original so this one would be mainly to get a 1 GB in there and download my Plus games.

Max Payne 3 is cool buuuuuut it would be a really awesome game if you could just skip the cutscenes...(Yeah loadings are hidden by them I know).

Just finished Saints Row 3, awesome game ! I'm actually pumped for SR IV now.

B.O.O.M

Max Payne 3 was a disgrace to the franchise..imho. One of my biggest disappointments last year.

For that price it's definitely worth it tho

Top Bottom