• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Frazley

This is sick, I am paid up through October 2017 on + due to different promotions.

At this point I will soon have PS+ when the PS5 comes out!

I like the Thomas Was Alone DLC sale and I bought all the PLAY games. $10 back and 4 cool looking games is a great deal.

Curufinwe

I started VLR last night after getting the last easily attainable trophy in Gravity Rush. Seems cool so far, although I know I will struggle with some of the puzzles.

Frazley

Well that's awesome. I don't have any systems with PSN, but I wanted to secure the free Virtue's Last Reward since I plan to purchase both a PS3 and a Vita. Glad to know I can subscribe to PS+ and purchase my PS3 later on and already have some good games.
Just to warn you, you need to purchase/redeem PS+ on a Vita or PS3. I am sure a PSP would work as well.

Tenuously related PSN question (it doesn't warrant it's own thread): Is it possible to view all ps one classics on the browser store? I can only seem to find them by searching for specific titles. Am I being really blind?

FDC1

I was mistaken actually. You can subscribe through the browser, but can't redeem PS+ cards through the browser. Sorry about the confusion.

You're still wrong, you can redeem codes via the browser too.

1we08wp44om4064hcjt7a-store.jpg

Well that's awesome. I don't have any systems with PSN, but I wanted to secure the free Virtue's Last Reward since I plan to purchase both a PS3 and a Vita. Glad to know I can subscribe to PS+ and purchase my PS3 later on and already have some good games.

VLR is leaving the US PS+ IGC on Tuesday, so don't wait to subscribe for too long if you want to redeem that game.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had their PS+ elaspe after downloading Uncharted 3 single player and if so, can you still have access to it? Because the base game is free and the single player is DLC with presumably no time limit attached, so I'm not sure how the game would be able to restrict you from playing it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Out of curiosity, has anyone had their PS+ elaspe after downloading Uncharted 3 single player and if so, can you still have access to it? Because the base game is free and the single player is DLC with presumably no time limit attached, so I'm not sure how the game would be able to restrict you from playing it.
They've given out games before that are packaged as a demo + unlock key. You can still play the demo after your sub lapses, but you won't have access to the full game cause the unlock key is the one with the exp date data. I'm sure U3 SP has similar DRM tied to it.

Gamerloid

Tenuously related PSN question (it doesn't warrant it's own thread): Is it possible to view all ps one classics on the browser store? I can only seem to find them by searching for specific titles. Am I being really blind?
You can sort by PSone Classics when you go to the all game list. Here's a link to the list:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...E-MSF77008-ALLGAMES|game_type~psone_classics|

VLR is leaving the US PS+ IGC on Tuesday, so don't wait to subscribe for too long if you want to redeem that game.
Yeah, you're right. Better subscribe right now.

Donos

Firing up Payday from EU PS+ to just sneak peak what the game is about ... 3,1 GB patch without background download. Nice -_-

At least PSN speed is good to me today. Seems like almost 2-3 MB/s

jvm

Gamasutra.
Firing up Payday from EU PS+ to just sneak peak what the game is about ... 3,1 GB patch without background download. Nice -_-

At least PSN speed is good to me today. Seems like almost 2-3 MB/s
If you can wait to play later, you can start the game, end the game without patching, then it will update overnight. Next day, all patched up!

If you can wait to play later, you can start the game, end the game without patching, then it will update overnight. Next day, all patched up!

Or set up the automatic update to happen now, turn your PS3 off, the automatic update should start, cancel out it after a couple of minutes and the patch will continue downloading but as a normal background download.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Or set up the automatic update to happen now, turn your PS3 off, the automatic update should start, cancel out it after a couple of minutes and the patch will continue downloading but as a normal background download.
Right. I knew there was a way to do that, but I couldn't remember the steps.

Such good helpful people in this thread.

AlexBasch

That's how I managed to get back into BF3 after I sold my disc.

Getting the updates+Premium was a pain in the arse. Resistance 3 is another offender.

hunnies28

Hi GAF, this is my first time on this thread so I hope this makes a good introduction.

I got a few PS+ 30 day trial codes for you guys.
These are valid through 7/31/2013 (but they'll be gone before that) and you need a CC to activate them. Don't forget to cancel before trial ends! Quote to see.

P.S. If you want to add me on PSN my id is the same as my username :)

Gamerloid

Thanks a bunch! I'll just take the one at the bottom and leave the others for other members.

EDIT: Looks like you can't redeem on PC after all. At least you can't with free trial PS+ codes

Gamerloid

There, I'm officially subscribed. Seeing all the free games is just unbelievable since Virtue's Last Reward is almost the cost of the subscription alone.

Can't wait to pick up my PS3 (planning to get the GTA Bundle) and at some point PSVita! Hopefully a price drop is announced at the Tokyo Game Show.

Ocaso

Does PSN usually have sales of old games before a sequel comes out?

I'm dying for a Rayman Origins sale.

They sometimes make a prior entry available as a Plus freebie before a sequel comes out (happened with Borderlands and Darksiders), but I'm not sure about sales. I do know Rayman Origins was heavily discounted a while back, but obviously not associated to a new release. I'd wait until next month's games are announced just to be on the safe side.

They sometimes make a prior entry available as a Plus freebie before a sequel comes out (happened with Borderlands and Darksiders), but I'm not sure about sales. I do know Rayman Origins was heavily discounted a while back, but obviously not associated to a new release. I'd wait until next month's games are announced just to be on the safe side.

Thanks, I'll wait a little before I buy it.

Tenrius

When do the first July games begin to leave European PS+, am I not mistaken to think that it's on July 31st? Gotta activate my trial key a day before that, so I could grab games from both months.

Tizoc

Downloaded Metal Slug, and forgot how much I dislike that game. It's way to hard. And not in a challenging way, just a infuriating way.
Huh? Game was easy ish for me. Just keep replaying the stage and memoriE eveything and u can beat them with ease.

Just got PS+ and a PS3 so I could play Journey, Last of Us, Uncharted, GoW, Infamous, etc etc. Have to say this service is INSANE.

Is there a usual time when Sony announces the games for the next month?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just got PS+ and a PS3 so I could play Journey, Last of Us, Uncharted, GoW, Infamous, etc etc. Have to say this service is INSANE.

Is there a usual time when Sony announces the games for the next month?
The Monday before the first Tuesday of the month. Next month's games should be announced on Aug 5th.

Noahd41

Neo Member
Downloaded Metal Slug, and forgot how much I dislike that game. It's way to hard. And not in a challenging way, just a infuriating way.

Yeah. I busted out my PSP 1000 and updated from 3.35 to 6.60 to play it and there's a reason why I don't buy Metal Slug games. Cool art style, decent gameplay but so, so unforgiving.

Drago

Hot Damn, I would love Most Wanted to show up on US +. Please...

And wasnt Lego LotR (or some other Lego game) officially teased or confirmed by the EU blog or something else? Or am I crazy.

Donos

Hot Damn, I would love Most Wanted to show up on US +. Please...

And wasnt Lego LotR (or some other Lego game) officially teased or confirmed by the EU blog or something else? Or am I crazy.

August EU PS+ ist already confirmed. From the EU PS Blog (17. July):

In summary
Leaving PS Plus in July/August:

31st July: Battlefield 3
31st July: Catherine
31st July: Malicious
31st July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
31st July: Unit 13

Entering PS Plus in July/August:

31st July: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
31st July: Mafia 2
31st July: Spec Ops: The Line