• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

RK128

So... PS Plus for NA.

PlayStation 4
- FEZ (Cross-buy PS4/PS3/PSV)
- Road Not Taken (Cross-buy PS4/PSV)

PlayStation 3
- Crysis 3
- Proteus (Cross-buy PS3/PSV)

PlayStation Vita
- Metrico
- Dragon’s Crown

Wow, that is a lot of games for the Vita :D; two Vita-only games and three cross-buy ones :). While I own Fez and Proteus, I don't own the rest (Dragons Crown, Metrico and Road Not Taken look really awesome :D), so it should be a great month for PS+ :).

Dragons Crown is cool, and I own it. However didn't Sony say they wouldn't offer free games on Plus right after a sale? I thought the game was on sale recently.

this year theyve been really bad with that stuff, especially with the Vita. I finally caught onto it when Muramasa was on sale for $7. It became free about a month after.

Basically, if there's a really good deal on a vita game then only bite if youre going to play it immediately. If not, hold off. It'll either be on sale again in the future or go on ps+.

I would be really disappointed in myself because i JUST bought dragon's crown last week but lucky for me I got the PS3 version ::wipes sweat off of brow::

also, this month is really terrific for vita owners. You just got 5 games for your portable machine!

Honome

Great month for Vita players!

I am happy getting Fez on PS4 too but i am curious about road not taken, i saw some videos and to be honest i didn´t understand anything about the gameplay :(

Tenki

IS this the first month with not a single PS4 exclusive game? Not counting PC, just PS3 or Vita.

All the PS4 games could be also in the PS3 or in the Vita section and leave the PS4 section empty.

acevans2

Hell yes! That's an amazing set of games. Dragon's Crown is definitely the title I've been holding out for, but the rest of these will get plenty if play as well.

I hope the ignorant folks bitching about "indies" cancel their PS+ subscriptions so I don't have to worry about running into you online.

t0rment

i thought that competition were supposed to make the program better, it's worse than before. i'm not renewing after this year.
edit: it's worse for ps3, if i had a vita i'd be happy.

Blanquito

GWG wins with PS+ for the first time, historic moment

Sure, if your opinion is vastly different from what the majority of reviewers have said about the games offered (hint: CD is 56 metacritic, SSZ is 67 metacritic). But, as has been mentioned many times, opinions and stuff.

ocean

Banned
Plus on PS4 = 75% or more discounted indie PC games. \

I doubt I will resub if some full fledged title doesn't come in next 3 months.

Well Driveclub is a given for October. Still, I feel like we're due some additional value. If all they're ever gonna bundle are US$10 games, the nature of the program is significantly different from what the PS3 treatment would have suggested.

Not that that's a bad thing, but I'm sure many people came into it expecting something different.

Aesthet1c

Really pumped for Dragons Crown, everything else just seems kind of meh. I guess I can finally give Fez a shot.

I will say though, it's awesome that almost everything we get is playable on my Vita this month.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I haven't liked 2D platformers since the 90's and don't really like retro style games. I am assuming I won't like Fez.

Im wondering what the EU line up will be since we already received Dragons Crown for Vita.
Im hoping we get Flower over fez too as I recently bought Fez but if it isn't, at least others will get to try Fez out since it’s a great game.
I hope EU doesn't get Fez. Would be kinda crappy for it to be free so soon after I bought it on sale.
Thats a good point actually, they normally try to prevent that form happening so maybe we will get flower (or something else).

Wow, that is a lot of games for the Vita :D; two Vita-only games and three cross-buy ones :). While I own Fez and Proteus, I don't own the rest (Dragons Crown, Metrico and Road Not Taken look really awesome :D), so it should be a great month for PS+ :).

So how's Fez and Proteus in your opinion ??

tjohn86

There's no way to claim licenses for the games if you don't own the system right? Like I can't grab Dragons Crown before I have a vita?

Damn, wish it was the PS3 version of Dragon's Crown instead since I already own it on Vita.

Road Not Taken looks interesting, but the rest of the lineup is pretty underwhelming.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
There's no way to claim licenses for the games if you don't own the system right? Like I can't grab Dragons Crown before I have a vita?

You can, log into your PSN account on the website or download it on PS3

ZenaxPure

After playing (and falling in love with) Muramasa this month I was thinking about buying Dragon's Crown at some point... I guess this works. Never thought it would be free the month after Muramasa.

You can, you just need to go to the PC version of the store and you can access games for all 3 consoles. It's also much easier than going to the store normally so it's always the preferred way.

Celegus

Dragon's Crown, cool! Not sure what Metrico is, I'll check out Proteus, already played Fez, Crysis looks horrible, and don't have a PS4.

PirateKing

You can. You don't even need any of the three devices to claim your games. If you have a PC or anything that connects to Sony Playstation, you can purchase them on your account during the selected month.

Chopper

I know you didn't ask me, but I own both of them so will answer for you anyway. Fez is a borderline masterpiece. I completely fell in love with it. It consumed me until I 100%ed it. Proteus is a very odd tech demoey thing that might hold your attention for about an hour.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Well Driveclub is a given for October. Still, I feel like we're due some additional value. If all they're ever gonna bundle are US$10 games, the nature of the program is significantly different from what the PS3 treatment would have suggested.

Not that that's a bad thing, but I'm sure many people came into it expecting something different.

Yeah. It's been quite disappointing for me that Sony hasn't' really cared about putting any retail PS4 games. It's been more than 8 months and still we are getting some random indie PC game that must have have popped up in hundreds of bundles.

mattp

What are the odds of PS+ EU being the same for PS4?

I played Fez already, got it in so many fucking indie bundles and whatnot. It literally is a filler game for the list.

Sony under delivering.

it's a filler game because you already played it?
think about that for a second

again, these aren't personalized collections of games.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah. It's been quite disappointing for me that Sony hasn't' really cared about putting any retail PS4 games. It's been more than 8 months and still we are getting some random indie PC game that must have have popped up in hundreds of bundles.

Not really, no. Most of them have never been on bundles before, and the ones that were, weren't in "hundreds".

PirateKing

I need to wake up for my studies in 6 hours. Come on EU list. Better be more cross buy like US for Vita in there.

I wonder if Child of Light Vita version will be on PS Plus sometime soon. Sucks for no cross buy feature fpr it.

I know you didn't ask me, but I own both of them so will answer for you anyway. Fez is a borderline masterpiece. I completely fell in love with it. It consumed me until I 100%ed it. Proteus is a very odd tech demoey thing that might hold your attention for about an hour.

Thanks ! :D

ZeroCoin

Need to learn my lesson... If I'm not looking forward to a game on release date, don't buy it. Bit me with Towerfall and now Fez.

Was hoping that the ps3 version of Dragon's Crown would go to PS+ instead of the Vita, but at least it should help the online community.

MSMrRound

Can't wait for R3 titles to be published so that I can be heart-broken all over again. (Damn, should have just used R1 from the get-go.) Shouldn't have supported local Hong Kong/Singapore store with their missing PSP titles for the Vita and more.

randomkid

Ha I've been waiting this whole time for Dragon's Crown PS3 retail to drop below $20 and it still hasn't happened, so I guess I'm playing this game on Vita! Will pick up the permanent copy at $10 later then if I enjoy (they patched in cross save right?)

Looks like I don't have to play Humble Bundle Fez either. Great month for Vita owners indeed.

RK128

The former is a really great game :). The way I see Fez is a lot like the original Legend of Zelda; very little handholding and you are just thrown into this huge world. There is no major quest to complete, there is no time limit and there is no set path to follow; how you tackle the game is all up to you as the player. That makes exploring Fez's world such a wonder, as you will find something no matter what you do, even if you think you found everything. Granted, this lack of a clear direction does hurt the game a bit (as once you get to about....70% competition, you have no idea what to do next) but the experience to that point is just to good to let that bother you. A wonderful game with amazing visuals and soundtrack to boot as well :D. Great PS+ game.

The latter is like Fez, in the sense that you are just thrown into this world with little handholding but unlike Fez, there isn't a 'clear' thing for you to do (as in Fez, you have to collect all the yellow cubes). In Proteus, all you do is walk around a really beautiful pixel world and just take in the sights and sounds. That may sound boring, but it is a nice experience to play every now and then.

Hope this helps :D.

Just as we thought

Entering PS Plus:
6th August: Road Not Taken
6th August: FEZ
6th August: Crysis 3
6th August: Proteus
6th August: Metrico
6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years

Top Bottom