• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Varth

Crysis brings it down, but the rest is interesting to awesome.

EDIT: I guess FEZ will be triple cross buy here too, right?

Chopper

Just as we thought

Entering PS Plus:
6th August: Road Not Taken
6th August: FEZ
6th August: Crysis 3
6th August: Proteus
6th August: Metrico
6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years
I'm not usually one to complain about Plus offerings, but this is not a good month for me.

nero2082

So you'd rather get nothing?

Okay

they got me used to getting good stuff every month, PS4 offers are a polar opposite and it actually is getting worse, should be other way around I think

if I didn't get this year's games I wouldn't even notice that I'm missing something

NHale

Just as we thought

Entering PS Plus:
6th August: Road Not Taken
6th August: FEZ
6th August: Crysis 3
6th August: Proteus
6th August: Metrico
6th August: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years

I will give them credit for one thing only: They said it was an ecletic month and they nailed it.

Also a month where many people are going out on holidays and they give out 5 games for the Vita. If they did it on purpose, kudos to them.

And the sony guys went on to hype on twitter? I can understand the kind of games we are getting for ps4 but for ps3?

Seems like the days of saints row 3 and bf3 and other great games are gone

repeater

Personally I think this is a good month. My Vita is ascending to crossbuy indie heaven, and I'll be along for the ride.

Each to their own and all that, but all the anti-indie sentiment in these threads makes me wanna smoke crack.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I will give them credit for one thing only: They said it was an ecletic month and they nailed it.

Also a month where many people are going out on holidays and they give out 5 games for the Vita. If they did it on purpose, kudos to them.
Five? So all but Crysis are cross buy?

Man I really need to stop buying games on sale. Would have been nice to have hated Fez without wasting money on it.

Road Not Taken is too

Edit: but apparently Vita version won't be immediatly available

Source? Because
zIvdlBf.png

Portugeezer

it's a filler game because you already played it?
think about that for a second

again, these aren't personalized collections of games.

Old game that has been in a million bundles. I doubt it was hard getting that on PS+ IGC, simple filler for the list, nothing more.

Just stop with the Lego games. They are rushed, shitty 3DS ports. I'll give Road Not Taken a chance and I've never played Fez (but I'll probably play that on my Vita). Not heard of Metrico but I'll download it and see if it's any good.

I can't believe Proteus is in there though. That 'game' is awful. I know it's about exploration and I was all for giving it a shot but my word is it dull.

I'm definitely not an "indie-hater" but Proteus is a game that is interesting for maybe 15 minutes, and that's it. The price that is normally charged for that game is absurd.

EDIT: Also, another curve studio game. Buying any of their games seems like a really stupid decision at this point.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm adopting a never buy any vita games policy. Every game i've ever paid money for has wound up on PS+. Bought Muramasa on sale for $6 or something and it was free the next month.

Celegus

I'm adopting a never buy any vita games policy. Every game i've ever paid money for has wound up on PS+. Bought Muramasa on sale for $6 or something and it was free the next month.

I've had mine for a year now and the only thing I've paid money for was Muramasa full price for $25. But it was for my wife, so that's okay.

mattp

@ShaneWatch 10m
also rad: Dragon's Crown being in PS Plus... basically, next month's games are curated to my personal tastes

ZenaxPure

I've had mine for a year now and the only thing I've paid money for was Muramasa full price for $25. But it was for my wife, so that's okay.

Yeah, honestly Sony got me real good with the vita (or maybe I got them real good). I got mine in the AC bundle and I haven't bought a single game for it since then lol. And yet somehow through PS+ alone it's became my most played non-PC gaming device in that time. Feels like they give away 90% of the best vita games, about the only games I feel like I need to buy for it are some of the more niche Japanese games.

The only two hames I have bought for it this year are FFX HD and DW8 which I got on a deal of the week. I get the rest from PS+ and when games are cross buy from PS3/4 PS+. I only buy games that I am sure won't be free (or at least free for a good while) and PS1/PSP games.

Hydrargyrus

Even worse than expected.

I'm really regreating about buying an entire year of PSN+. If I could, I would cancel the subscription right now... But I will only loose the money I've paid.

It's a shame how good it was and how bad is becoming

Celegus

Even worse than expected.

I'm really regreating about buying an entire year of PSN+. If I could, I would cancel the subscription right now... But I will only loose the money I've paid.

It's a shame how good it was and how bad is becoming

There's usually only one, maybe two, games a month I'll actually play and enjoy. But for $30 a year, that's still an amazing deal in my eyes.

nero2082

you can easily predict PS4 lineup till end of the year :

Entering PS Plus :

september :
indie trash #1
indie trash #2

october :
driveclub ps+ edition
secret ponchos

november :
indie trash #1
indie trash #2

december :
decent indie game (christmas generosity)
somewhat less trash indie #2

it really looks like they don't give a shit anymore, they had 200% sub increase so they're good, arrogant Sony is back

Pretty weak month for me (N America) but I would be excited for Fez and Dragon's Crown if I didn't have them. Fez especially was a modern masterpiece to me, absolutely fell in love with it. It's much more of a puzzle game than platformer (especially considering
in NG+ you can fly
). Also, don't be deterred if you heard about "crazy obtuse puzzles," it's entirely possible, and a lot more fun, to 100% the game without walkthroughs. The only really crazy stuff is a small handful of optional post-postgame content.

Crysis 3 will probably be like Dead Space 3: a bigger release I never picked up because it wasn't that appealing. It will be okay for a few hours until I remember why I didn't buy it before. Watched trailers for Road Not Taken and Metrico but have no idea what they are about. Proteus will be a fun, small game for a few hours.

Considering the PS4 offers, I'm starting to question pre-ordering Rogue Legacy. It's been an absolute blast so far, but if it's free in a couple months... oh well.

Celegus

This thread is really getting disgusting. I guess I didn't realize how dismissive people can be of great games just because it didn't take 200 people to make it.

Hydrargyrus

There's usually only one, maybe two, games a month I'll actually play and enjoy. But for $30 a year, that's still an amazing deal in my eyes.

30€?? More like 50€

I bought it at 40€ but, at least for that half year, Strider doesn't worth these 20€
The PS3 games it's normal to become worse because there are no major releases now, but the PS4 lineup for PSN+ is terrible.

Last year PSN+ offered good games every month for less than 4€/month.
Now PSN+ is only for online gaming plus a free games that you could buy in some humble bundle for less than 1€... But you don't buy them because doesn't even interest you

kevin1025

Banned
I am pretty happy with the choices this month, Dragon's Crown, Metrico and Road Not Taken being the ones I'm looking forward to, with a passing interest in Crysis 3. But the Fez inclusion really dampens things. It's a great game, and I'm glad more will play it, but if you buy a game and then two months later it's on PS+, it really sours wanting to buy future download-only games.

30€?? More like 50€

I bought it at 40€ but, at least for that half year, Strider doesn't worth these 20€
The PS3 games it's normal to become worse because there are no major releases now, but the PS4 lineup for PSN+ is terrible.

Last year PSN+ offered good games every month for less than 4€/month.
Now PSN+ is only for online gaming plus a free games that you could buy in some humble bundle for less than 1€... But you don't buy them because doesn't even interest you

I've found this years offerings to be SOOOO much more better than last. And we are getting more stuff all around if your invested in all the Sony systems.

you can easily predict PS4 lineup till end of the year :

it really looks like they don't give a shit anymore, they had 200% sub increase so they're good, arrogant Sony is back
They aren't going to put fucking full retail games on PS+ for a console that's still kinda new. Deal with it.

I bet Sony are wishing they didn't launch the IGC with PS4 and instead waited like they did with Vita. Nothing but "INDIE TRASH WAAAHHHH" complainers.

But the Fez inclusion really dampens things. It's a great game, and I'm glad more will play it, but if you buy a game and then two months later it's on PS+, it really sours wanting to buy future download-only games.

Yeah, this is the big catch-22 with PS+. You feel like you hit the jackpot when the announced games are ones you wanted but never bought, then you feel like a sucker when you already have everything that interests you. I loved Fez so much I'm still happy to have bought it, but the PS4 offers especially need to focus more on (1) launch retail releases and (2) day-of-release titles like Outlast, Don't Starve, and Road Not Taken. Both options will help reduce buyer's remorse.

So we will get both version of Dragon's Crown huh?

Q: Dragon’s Crown isn’t cross-buy
A: You’re correct, it isn’t cross-buy, but I’ve been told Plus members will receive both versions. ^_^

Q: Please tell me we get Fez for PS3 and Vita as well.
A: You do :)

Q: People really? They are obviously typos because Crysis 3 is only on PS3 and Dragons Crown isn’t Cross buy. Use some sense.
A: Crysis 3 was a formatting issue, but Plus users will receive both the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Dragon’s Crown :)

I'm already so disapointed with PS Plus.

Suscribed in March, it was awesome! I had Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Payday 2, Xcom, Stealth Inc., Remember Me, and then Batman AC. Even some games I already had, but it was great to share with a friend some of them knowing I have it in my account.

But ever since then is just excitement to see what is coming and.. it's fucking nothing. Quality is so low, I can't believe it.

Top Bottom