• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

ckleow

Asia PS Plus for August

flUOvRvl.jpg

r2BivF5l.jpg

New Stuffs
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3 / VITA)
  • Surge Deluxe
  • Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3 / VITA)
  • Sonic Adventure 2 (PS3)
  • Pinball Heroes Complete (VITA)
  • Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta Episode 1

http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/psn/psPlus#comingOffers

They have yet listed the PS4 games....

Carl

If they didn't paywall online play and reduced the price of the sub for PS4 only owners? Sure. You'd have an argument. But since you don't, just stand aside let people point out that it's been a let down in comparison to PS3 & Vita.

Yeah PS3 and Vita had MUCH better Plus games in the first 10 months after they launched.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Really? I like them better than the bloated console versions. They're a bit worse, but they're a tighter experience.

They are direct ports of the 3DS versions, meaning that the graphic quality leaves a lot to be desired and that the cutscenes are compressed to hell and back. They don't even fill the whole screen! Leaving the matter of whether the LEGO games are good games or not, there's really no excuse for offering TWO LEGO games back to back, when they are basically the same game with a different skin.

While I understand that not every game on PS+ is going to be "AAA GOTY 11/10 would resub just for this game", let's not defend Sony when they don't deserve it. When Fred said this month would be "eclectic", nobody thought it would be, well, mostly the same as July.

oti

Banned
Road Not Taken - No idea what that is but I don't own a PS4 anyway.
FEZ - I got that when it launched on Xbox 360, got confused by the map and never finished it, I think I own it on PC though.
Crysis 3 - Not interested.
Proteus - Sure, why not.
Metrico - What is this?
LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years - I played through the 3DS version when that came out at launch (you know, when the 3DS was still young) and really liked it.

Fez haz nice colors and a nice soundtrack but the game is way too difficult. I have it on Steam but I never got really far. Then I watched a walkthrough on Youtube and realized there's no way I could ever have finished it.

Fez haz nice colors and a nice soundtrack but the game is way too difficult. I have it on Steam but I never got really far. Then I watched a walkthrough on Youtube and realized there's no way I could ever have finished it.

That's a game to be played without spoilers and with several people to share advancements and stuff. Alone it seems pretty hard (though it's a wrong kind of hard imho but that's another topic).

As several others I'm disappointed in this month's PS+. I think it's the first time. The Lego vita, again, killed me.

MSMrRound

Playstation All Star Battle for Asian PSN!?

Really? We already had that as a PS+ offering around Nov or Dec last year. Then again...maybe it's only for the TW store? (HK/Singapore store user here)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Gotta say, Strider was a really nice gift to break in my new PS4. Only beat 2 bosses so far, but I'm really liking the fast action in the game.

Joni

If by "tighter experience" you mean insanely linear (with ugly graphics to boot), then sure!
I mainly mean non-bloatware that don't force you to waddle through 20 hours of content that you hate after two hours because they're endless collect-a-thons.The last 4-5 LEGO games on consoles have been filler, filler, filler.

They are direct ports of the 3DS versions, meaning that the graphic quality leaves a lot to be desired and that the cutscenes are compressed to hell and back. They don't even fill the whole screen! Leaving the matter of whether the LEGO games are good games or not, there's really no excuse for offering TWO LEGO games back to back, when they are basically the same game with a different skin.

While I understand that not every game on PS+ is going to be "AAA GOTY 11/10 would resub just for this game", let's not defend Sony when they don't deserve it. When Fred said this month would be "eclectic", nobody thought it would be, well, mostly the same as July.
You can claim I'm defending Sony. I have however always claimed I liked the Vita versions better because I don't get tired of them. I claimed that already long ago. It is why I have finished three of them on the Vita. ( 'Proof' that I have said it before: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74533667&postcount=262 )

Joey Ravn

Banned
You can claim I'm defending Sony. I have however always claimed I liked the Vita versions better because I don't get tired of them. I claimed that already long ago. It is why I have finished three of them on the Vita. ( 'Proof' that I have said it before: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74533667&postcount=262 )

I never said that you, concretely and specifically, were defending Sony, dude. I used "let's not defend Sony" to imply that it's a general thing, since the consensus seems to be that there has been enough LEGO games for Vita on PS+. Don't take it personally. If you like the games, more power to you.

I honestly don't need proof of anything, since I never questioned the quality of the games in themselves. Again, if you like the games, good for you. Live and let live. And while, as I said, they are ports of the 3DS version, with the inherent limitations of such a port, the problem is not whether they are good or bad, it's the fact that this is the second month in a row that Sony offered a LEGO game as the IGC game for the Vita. They change the theme of the game, sure, but the basic mechanics are exactly the same. There's hardly any eclecticism in offering what is essentially the same game twice in a row.

I mainly mean non-bloatware that don't force you to waddle through 20 hours of content that you hate after two hours because they're endless collect-a-thons.The last 4-5 LEGO games on consoles have been filler, filler, filler.

And what are you left with man? A beat 'em up with levels the size of a play-pen that has awful, Nintendo DS tier graphics. Might take out what you perceive to be the negative aspects of the console Lego titles (They've always been collectathons btw), and leaves nothing positive left whatsoever.

Either way, they've had Lego HP 2, Lego Lord of the Rings, and Lego Batman 2 now. There's, thank god, nothing left to go up on Plus, unless they have the relatively new Marvel.

Spiegel

And what are you left with man? A beat 'em up with levels the size of a play-pen that has awful, Nintendo DS tier graphics. Might take out what you perceive to be the negative aspects of the console Lego titles (They've always been collectathons btw), and leaves nothing positive left whatsoever.

Either way, they've had Lego HP 2, Lego Lord of the Rings, and Lego Batman 2 now. There's, thank god, nothing left to go up on Plus, unless they have the relatively new Marvel.

Aside from the horrible compresion in cutscenes I found Lego Batman 2 to be a pretty good game.

You're forgetting:
Lego Legends of Chima (2013)
The Lego Movie Videogame (2014)
Lego The Hobbit (2014)
Lego Ninjago: Nindroids (2014)

We will probably see more Lego titles in 2015

Joni

Which means in essence the console titles suck too. They're just longer.

You're forgetting:
Lego Legends of Chima (2013)
The Lego Movie Videogame (2014)
Lego The Hobbit (2014)
Lego Ninjago: Nindroids (2014)

We will probably see more Lego titles in 2015
They can start with The Hobbit for me.

Aru

What do you hate about it? I thought about buying it during the Superhero sale but decided to just get Injustice. Injustice was totally worth it to, I'm really digging it.

You got the superior game. Injustice is a good fighter even if you remove the licensed characters. LEGO Marvel isn't a bad game at all, but it's relatively boring. The icons on the map are useless since the game doesn't tell you what they mean, the challenge is mostly absent and you often get stuck because the game wasn't stating clearly what you had to do. The only good feature of the game is the cast of superheroes. I'm just curious which characters they will use in each level and that's what keeping me from dumping this game.

krpiper

So looked up some more abut No Road Taken, and I am oddly excited to play this game, looks like a good game to crank out with a podcast or something for a few hours

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Weird, on the NA PSN web store I can't seem to add Dragon's Crown for free, it's still listed at $20. The other free August PS+ games (Fez, Metrico etc.) are available for free. Is this happening to anyone else? The game shows up under the "free games" list, but it's not free.

BadWolf

Weird, on the NA PSN web store I can't seem to add Dragon's Crown for free, it's still listed at $20. The other free August PS+ games (Fez, Metrico etc.) are available for free. Is this happening to anyone else? The game shows up under the "free games" list, but it's not free.

Will probably fix itself in a few hours.

So glad DC is for PS3 as well, can't wait to nab it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah I figured it's a temporary glitch, or that it updates slowly/weirdly for some reason. I don't mind much as I have the retail game for PS3 already ;) but hey, who knows, if my copy ever gets damaged or I ever get a Vita... >_>

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I read that thread about the guy not redeeming his PS+ games for the last 8 months because he didn't know you had to. I feel so sad. :(

Chesskid1

Banned
whats the youngest age kid you would let play dragon's crown? not sure if i should let my nephew play, i let him freeroam GTA and yell at him if he does bad stuff.

downloading it now, pretty excited, been wanting to play this game.

Top Bottom