• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

For me PS Plus gets me the most excited when I get games that i was going to pay for but they end up being free. Games that I was going to get but was sitting on the fence on. Most of the indie games kind of have zero appeal when you first hear about them until you actually play them, so when people see these games up for PS Plus and everyone is suddenly forced to have these games, thats why there's a backlash. Gamers also have pretty narrow tastes too, everyone has a different collection of games, so when you give such a large number of people the same game, A LOT of people who don't like the games will feel like its a month wasted. PS Plus used to be this big marketing machine on here, but a lot of that good will is going to go to waste if they don't give people what they want. It certainly looks like a cost cutting move to me putting up these indie games. I'm assuming its starting to eat into their software sales as people will wait on for it to hit PS+ IGC.
The first sentence of your statement is precisely part of why PS+ is going to have to be more mediocre. People are cheaping out.

Also, I don't think too much good will is going to be lost. For people with only a PS3 or PSV, maybe. But for those of us with PS4s, the games really are bonuses to our subscriptions.

Not a fan of Road Not Taken so far. I don't know if I'm going to continue it at this point.

Edit: WOW Dragons Crown is free on PS3 as well

Nocturnx

I am having a blast with it, then again I never played it when it was broken.

Okay cool. I saw Battlefield tweeted about the deal and all the replies were about lag, bad netcode, and how the game is worse now than it was before. I figured it was just the typical over-exaggerated hate, but want to get an honest opinion here. Thanks!

grimmiq

Played through the first couple of puzzles in Road Not Taken..It has charm but the gameplay really isn't doing anything for me, I'll give it another go tomorrow but will probably uninstall and never play it again.

Played through the first couple of puzzles in Road Not Taken..It has charm but the gameplay really isn't doing anything for me, I'll give it another go tomorrow but will probably uninstall and never play it again.

yeah, this one doesn't look too hot. i'll download it anyway. so far, i've downloaded every ps+ game for ps4. however, at some point i'm doing to have to start deleting the ones i'll never play/have no interest in keeping.

as an aside, how does it work if i want to put a new/bigger hd in my ps4? will i still be able to re-download the ps+ games that i previously downloaded?

Bishop89

yep, same.

The tutorial was enough for me.

Benedict

Seems like the discounts on PS4 games are up, but beware regarding Zen pinball 2.
Buy them if you want but since only the PS4-DLC is discounted you won't get the PS3 & Vita tables.
Cross-buy only works other way round for Zen Pinball 2.
I'll probably wait untill PS3 or Vita tables are discounted.

Gator86

Proteus is officially the new rock bottom for PS+. I gave it an honest try. I chased a few frogs. I walked up a mountain and into a cloud, which then starting raining. I I held the circle button and reset my game on accident.

Metrico wasn't much better. Got about 5 minutes in. Certainly a cool art style, similar to Mad Men. But the gameplay is rough. Got stuck on this part that just raises a tower up 4 times, blocking your path. I'm sure it's something simple, but I didn't see it.

Every time I'm subjected to games like these, I think back to this article and laugh.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/why-do-so-many-people-hate-indie-games

This is what I was expecting. My excitement for PS+ games is mostly gone now. I've played everything worth playing on ps3 and the ps4 titles are just games I play for ten minutes, shrug, then turn off.

dose

PS+ stuff is up for download in the UK!

Edit: I didn't realise Fez is crossbuy, so is available for Vita and PS3 too. Aces.

Started downloading Dragon's Dogma ~ 11pm UK time last night. It's now nearly 4pm the next day... it's still downloading. 63% complete. I forgot how horrible the PS3's download rate was.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been a PS+ subscriber for less than a week and already own 6 more games than I did previously, 3 of which I really wanted (Muramasa, Fez and Dragon's Crown). Not bad, not bad at all.

Played some Proteus..I walked around for about half an hour and thats about it. lol Whatever... I don't mind exploration games but I don't see anything interesting about this world unless it gets better later on.

Is my old Dragon's Crown PS3 save compatible with the downloadable PS3 and Vita versions?

I've been a PS+ subscriber for less than a week and already own 6 more games than I did previously, 3 of which I really wanted (Muramasa, Fez and Dragon's Crown). Not bad, not bad at all.

You'll get used to it and start complaining with the rest of us in a few months ;)

I dont like how PS store work i dont get it. I downloaded Fez online but when i start my Playstation i cant find it and it wont download when i try again. Any help pls?

I really enjoyed Road Not Taken for the first few levels, and then they gave me an item that increases energy by 200, and I groaned, because I correctly guessed what that meant.

What it meant was that every screen was going to be so packed with stuff you'd spend 20 minutes just getting stuff the hell out of the way. Hope you didn't destroy something you actually need.

JeTmAn81

You'll get used to it and start complaining with the rest of us in a few months ;)

Not me, man! Been a PS+ subscriber since 2012 and I'm still quite happy with it. I don't buy a ton of games so eventually a lot of stuff I'm interested in comes to PS+ and I get it "free".

Fireblend

Banned

Considering my Vita had been collecting dust ever since I beat Danganronpa and my Vita wishlist is barren except for DR2 and Galak-Z (and I have yet to get Tearaway), not having to worry about having stuff to play on my Vita regardless of what it is is already great for me. Plus I usually love indie games so that's one of the major complaints I often see about PS+ out of the way for me ;)

Banjo

Really enjoying Fez so far. The part when
you scan the QR code to know a secret sequence
is one of those details that makes a game special

DryvBy

Proteus is officially the new rock bottom for PS+. I gave it an honest try. I chased a few frogs. I walked up a mountain and into a cloud, which then starting raining. I I held the circle button and reset my game on accident.

Metrico wasn't much better. Got about 5 minutes in. Certainly a cool art style, similar to Mad Men. But the gameplay is rough. Got stuck on this part that just raises a tower up 4 times, blocking your path. I'm sure it's something simple, but I didn't see it.

Every time I'm subjected to games like these, I think back to this article and laugh.

Exactly why I laugh at people think indie games are the saviors of modern gaming. Proteus. I argued with so many people that this just isn't a good anything. It's not fun. It's hardly relaxing. It's junk.

Indie games and AAA are in the same boat. There's some good stuff, and then there's just absolute trash.

Metrico seems okay, but from the reviews I've read it sounds like it gets really annoying later with overuse of the backtouch and tilt. That's a surefire way to make a shit Vita game.

Celegus

Really enjoying Fez so far. The part when
you scan the QR code to know a secret sequence
is one of those details that makes a game special

Had to skip over those on the PC version, do you still need a phone or whatever on Vita too?

Shosai

Banned
Exactly why I laugh at people think indie games are the saviors of modern gaming. Proteus. I argued with so many people that this just isn't a good anything. It's not fun. It's hardly relaxing. It's junk.

How do you convince a person that they're not actually having fun?

I've really tried to like Road Not Taken but I'm just not enjoying it. I wanted to like it for it's presentation and art style which is fantastic but the gameplay itself isn't doing it for me. Just begins to get rather frustrating than fun after the first couple of levels. Shame.

Phear

I've really tried to like Road Not Taken but I'm just not enjoying it. I wanted to like it for it's presentation and art style which is fantastic but the gameplay itself isn't doing it for me. Just begins to get rather frustrating than fun after the first couple of levels. Shame.

Exactly how i feel. I played dozen of hours of SpryFox's TripleTown on Android and loved it. Was so excited for road not taken, but it brings no pleasure for me.

Exactly how i feel. I played dozen of hours of SpryFox's TripleTown on Android and loved it. Was so excited for road not taken, but it brings no pleasure for me.

Well that explains a lot. When I was playing last night my girlfriend said it reminded of her TripleTown

I feel the same as you. And I gave up on Metrico in the exact same spot. I don't feel cheated by the offering this month but neither of those games feel like they are worth my time. Luckily I am a recent Vita convert and have a huge backlog of games to work through thanks to PS+.

jtenma

Banned
The first sentence of your statement is precisely part of why PS+ is going to have to be more mediocre. People are cheaping out.

Also, I don't think too much good will is going to be lost. For people with only a PS3 or PSV, maybe. But for those of us with PS4s, the games really are bonuses to our subscriptions.

I disagree with that. I would have never ever bought Dragon's crown. Ps+ is here for people like me.

Whatever the case may be, people that need their games day one are going to still get their games day one regardless PS Plus is here or not.

For example, I know I am getting da:inquisition, destiny, and bloodborne etc day 1. Ps plus will not change that.

Likewise, I would NEVER buy tlou. But I would try it if it were on ps plus.

Road Not Taken just isn't very well designed. Triple Town works because you always know what does what. Three things make something else, and three of those new things make something else, and so on until the end.

Road Not Taken has hundreds of items and combinations of items, and some things go together and some things don't and some things react in odd ways with other things and some things react in odd ways when you move them and some things move differently to other things and ARGH. There's just way too much to remember, and to actually be successful at the game you have no choice but to remember it all because anything you don't know just makes it impossible to play well.

Triple Town was so tight and focussed, Road Not Taken is a total mess in comparison. It's actually a really likeable game for the first few levels but the more stuff it introduces, the more irritating it becomes. In the end I just got bored of trying to remember everything and killed my dude. I'd only made it to year six.

I disagree with that. I would have never ever bought Dragon's crown. Ps+ os here for people like me.

Whatever the case may be, people that need their games day one are going to still get their games day one regardless PS Plus is here or not.

For example, I know I am getting da:inquisition, destiny, and bloodborne etc day 1. Ps plus will not change that.

Likewise, I would NEVER buy tlou. But I would try it if it were on ps plus.
I'm concerned about people who hold off on games they're interested because it might end up on PS+. You might not be such a person, but they do exist, and they are hurting both PS+ and the PS ecosystem. If you want a game, you need to just pull the trigger.

Roshin

I think Road Not Taken has a nice art style, but that's about it. I'm not enjoying the gameplay or the puzzles at all. Fez is brilliant, but I already have that.

Top Bottom