• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

ZenaxPure

How is Dragons Crown free for PS3? I thought that game was not cross buy

It's not cross buy, but they decided to give us both anyway.

It makes sense really, because people would probably get pretty annoyed if they wasted a future slot on Dragon's Crown again (for the other version). It wouldn't effect everyone really (since more people own PS3s than vitas), but I 100% guarantee people would whine about it. May as well avoid it and have people think you're awesome as a bonus.

yamo

Soo, any word if they will activate Dragons Crown PS3 for euro PS+ as well? Since we already got the Vita version.

SerTapTap

Road Not Taken is super interesting. Gets hard quick, but pretty complex and reveals itself bit by bit. I died in mission 4. I wouldn't have believed the description "rougelike puzzle game" but that's really what it is.

Ya, I'm not really digging it either. Do you have to throw stuff you pick up? Why can't I just drop things?

Yes, you have to throw. It's a puzzle game, think before you pick up or throw, because you want to minimize movement while holding stuff..

GeoramA

Was enjoying RNT a lot, then I blinked and it became ridiculously frustrating. Doubt I'll be going back to it. Gonna play Dragon's Crown now.

I did the first two missions of RNT. It was alright, but not that great. It sucks that both PS4 games are puzzle games. If Fez isn't really good, the only other one that stands a chance to make the month decent is Dragon's Crown.

ZenaxPure

Man I think I might end up playing Dragon's Crown on the vita. Not really liking the cursor movement to command my rogue man to unlock stuff on PS3. I assume on the vita you just tap it. Seems kinda minor, but the first dungeon was like 5 minutes long and there was 2 chests, so it was more annoying than I wanted. Wanted to do PS3 because it's been a while since I played an absolutely gorgeous game on my TV, but controls are most important.

thundr51

Anybody else having a problem downloading save data for Dragons Crown on vita? I have the disk version and I can't seem to download save data to my vita, keeps trying to connect to PSN.

It's not cross buy, but they decided to give us both anyway.

It makes sense really, because people would probably get pretty annoyed if they wasted a future slot on Dragon's Crown again (for the other version). It wouldn't effect everyone really (since more people own PS3s than vitas), but I 100% guarantee people would whine about it. May as well avoid it and have people think you're awesome as a bonus.
I think you're right. As we know, people will find any little thing to bitch about, so why not just head it off before it happens.

I'm psyched about Fez but otherwise another meh month for me. XB1 is already getting full release titles for free and we're still getting puzzle games. I'm not saying Crimson Dragon is the second coming or anything but I'd like a comparable game like Knack for some sweet sweet co-op action.

I read that thread about the guy not redeeming his PS+ games for the last 8 months because he didn't know you had to. I feel so sad. :(

WHAT!!?, i didn't know that!!!, so if i "purchased" a title and it now has the red bag symbol, yet i didn't actually download it and eight months have passed by, i won't be able to download them?.

Don't have to download, just purchase. You're all good.

I'm psyched about Fez but otherwise another meh month for me. XB1 is already getting full release titles for free and we're still getting puzzle games. I'm not saying Crimson Dragon is the second coming or anything but I'd like a comparable game like Knack for some sweet sweet co-op action.

Wait, Crimson Dragon got a retail release? Jesus, hope no-one bought that at full price!

WHAT!!?, i didn't know that!!!, so if i "purchased" a title and it now has the red bag symbol, yet i didn't actually download it and eight months have passed by, i won't be able to download them?.

If it has the red bag symbol (meaning you purchased) you should be able to get them downloaded.

As for the Month, surprised we got Dragon's Crown for PS3. Awesome news!

olimpia84

How many plus games can you have installed at one time in your console? My PS4 is literally drowning in all those + freebies; downloading FEZ and that other game right now :p

Thanks for reminding me to download PS3 Dragon's Crown. Been wanting to play this since release, pretty hyped.

How active is the online multiplayer?

jobrro

How many plus games can you have installed at one time in your console? My PS4 is literally drowning in all those + freebies; downloading FEZ and that other game right now :p

As many as you can fit :). I have a 1TB HDD in my PS3... I think have pretty much every PS+ game that has released for the console on there. Might have missed one or two when I had to redownload them when I upgraded the HDD but I have over 200 games on the PS3 (some are PS One titles, minis, or just smaller games) and probably at least 80% of that is PS+ games.

Eusis

Wow - Crysis 3 is bordering on unplayable.
It's why I kind of abhor Crytek as a console developer. As much as 30/60 fps have been argued my stance has generally been that 60 = ideal, 30 = acceptable for the most part, and even the genres where I'd typically want 60 fps can be acceptable at 30 if they're designed for it (and usually they are, though occasionally they DO work well at 30 anyway such as DKCR.) But Crytek, it seems 30 to them is just something that's optional to hit and that hovering in the 20s is perfectly acceptable, and given the actual scope of their games and the fact they're shooters I really just don't consider it acceptable. At least with something like Dragon's Dogma it was doing something different (party based, more hard core combat, open-ish world) and of a larger scope than most games... and generally when it slowed down at its worst I think you had really big targets to hit for aiming.

Toki767

I think I've made it all the way to the end of Metrico and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this puzzle. It was pretty enjoyable though. Somewhat short, and maybe used way too many of the Vita's features for something that wasn't a launch game.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's why I kind of abhor Crytek as a console developer. As much as 30/60 fps have been argued my stance has generally been that 60 = ideal, 30 = acceptable for the most part, and even the genres where I'd typically want 60 fps can be acceptable at 30 if they're designed for it (and usually they are, though occasionally they DO work well at 30 anyway such as DKCR.) But Crytek, it seems 30 to them is just something that's optional to hit and that hovering in the 20s is perfectly acceptable, and given the actual scope of their games and the fact they're shooters I really just don't consider it acceptable. At least with something like Dragon's Dogma it was doing something different (party based, more hard core combat, open-ish world) and of a larger scope than most games... and generally when it slowed down at its worst I think you had really big targets to hit for aiming.
How does it compare to Borderlands 2 on PS3? I'm not sure what the FPS is on that one, but I'm very sure it's borderline below 20. Almost unplayable at times, and it's not just because I was more used to the PC version (been playing PS3 version with my PS3 friend, since it was free for PS+, otherwise I wouldn't bother). Is Crysis 3 worse?

Eusis

How does it compare to Borderlands 2 on PS3? I'm not sure what the FPS is on that one, but I'm very sure it's borderline below 20. Almost unplayable at times, and it's not just because I was more used to the PC version (been playing PS3 version with my PS3 friend, since it was free for PS+, otherwise I wouldn't bother). Is Crysis 3 worse?
I need to actually boot up and play the PS3 version of Borderlands 2 sometime (I THINK I have it downloaded while it was a Plus game, not sure), but it seems like it's definitely under 30 most of the time in the initial bit and going by the Digital Foundry face-off it's probably not going to get much better ever.

Shinta

Banned
Proteus is officially the new rock bottom for PS+. I gave it an honest try. I chased a few frogs. I walked up a mountain and into a cloud, which then starting raining. I I held the circle button and reset my game on accident.

Metrico wasn't much better. Got about 5 minutes in. Certainly a cool art style, similar to Mad Men. But the gameplay is rough. Got stuck on this part that just raises a tower up 4 times, blocking your path. I'm sure it's something simple, but I didn't see it.

Every time I'm subjected to games like these, I think back to this article and laugh.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/why-do-so-many-people-hate-indie-games

Eusis

I think it's partially a mindset thing, games like Proteus are sort of interesting and neat to mess with. But there's a reason they're cheap indie titles and not anything more, and why I'm glad I got it for free(ish.)

Proteus is officially the new rock bottom for PS+. I gave it an honest try. I chased a few frogs. I walked up a mountain and into a cloud, which then starting raining. I I held the circle button and reset my game on accident.

Metrico wasn't much better. Got about 5 minutes in. Certainly a cool art style, similar to Mad Men. But the gameplay is rough. Got stuck on this part that just raises a tower up 4 times, blocking your path. I'm sure it's something simple, but I didn't see it.

Every time I'm subjected to games like these, I think back to this article and laugh.

I already had a lot of enjoyment from Proteus, it is a bit annoying with its vagueness (down to the save system...) but you should also be a bit more open about 'new' experiences. I'm pretty sure it just wants you to relax! (and explore)

The Vita port is perfect, too. Seems native resolution with stable frame rate. Very atmospheric visuals and some great sounds.

I'm happy I stopped judging games on their supposed indie status many years ago. it usually doesn't mean anything relatable to the actual experience.

I played Proteus for a few minutes while watching something then stopped.

What exactly am I supposed to do?

Not sure.. I found a place that seemed special, decided to sit down, and it transported me to another level.

I experienced a pretty nice sunset, found some gorgeous white owls perched atop trees, and enjoyed the views.

I think it's best played with headphones.

grimmiq

As long as it's on my download list (On my Vita) I should have the games redeemed, right? Haven't had a PS3 in a while but "purchasing" the PS3 games and assumed it was all good since the PS+ games from when I did have a PS3 are in the list (2 years before I bought the actual Vita).

Jimrpg

I already had a lot of enjoyment from Proteus, it is a bit annoying with its vagueness (down to the save system...) but you should also be a bit more open about 'new' experiences. I'm pretty sure it just wants you to relax! (and explore)

The Vita port is perfect, too. Seems native resolution with stable frame rate. Very atmospheric visuals and some great sounds.

I'm happy I stopped judging games on their supposed indie status many years ago. it usually doesn't mean anything relatable to the actual experience.

For me PS Plus gets me the most excited when I get games that i was going to pay for but they end up being free. Games that I was going to get but was sitting on the fence on. Most of the indie games kind of have zero appeal when you first hear about them until you actually play them, so when people see these games up for PS Plus and everyone is suddenly forced to have these games, thats why there's a backlash. Gamers also have pretty narrow tastes too, everyone has a different collection of games, so when you give such a large number of people the same game, A LOT of people who don't like the games will feel like its a month wasted. PS Plus used to be this big marketing machine on here, but a lot of that good will is going to go to waste if they don't give people what they want. It certainly looks like a cost cutting move to me putting up these indie games. I'm assuming its starting to eat into their software sales as people will wait on for it to hit PS+ IGC.

N30RYU

Downloading right now from the Spanish Web Store.

The games have full price, but if you add them to the shopping cart, it will show 0€

Proteus is a great game for a small child to play.

Top Bottom