• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Card Boy

Banned
Not sure if already posted.

bUp8KzD.png

Cross-Buy is confirmed. So if you got the PS3 version from PS+, you will get the PS4 version.

homeryouhoo.gif

Siegmeyer

Just tried Proteus on my Vita. Loved the look but yeah, this is definitely not for me.

Question for those who are enjoying it though - How much would you have been prepared to pay for it? It's £10 here in the UK if you don't have Plus, which just seems way overpriced to me for what it is.

Roshin

Re: Proteus.
I'm an arty kind of person, so I appreciate that someone attempts to create a "game" like Proteus. In the end, though, I didn't think there was enough to explore and I didn't think the art was enough to carry it.

More watercolour doodle than Rembrandt masterpiece, IMO, but I appreciate the attempt.

bengraven

Wish they'd do a "second chance" title or three every month, for those of us who bought our systems late in the cycle and now subscribe but have slim pickings.

Damn it, I should pay more attention to those sales blog posts. I only read the PS4 ps+ august offerings post and bought Octodad a few days before it went half price now :(
At least I noticed just in time that Ground Zeroes is also down to 15€... I ordered it today via amazon and barely managed to cancel it :lol

I was saved by randomly scrolling through the PS4's What's New feed... I guess those little advertisements have their uses... I'm feeling like a dirty uninformed casual gamer :p

Lucent

Wish they'd do a "second chance" title or three every month, for those of us who bought our systems late in the cycle and now subscribe but have slim pickings.

That's a good idea. Though I would wonder how that'd work. They couldn't let people have access to all of the games that had previously been on PS+ over the years or some people would just wait or let their PS+ accounts lapse or something before subscribing again at some point. It would be kind of cool if they had some kind of Vault thing where if you wanted you could pass on one or more of the month's offerings and unlock something from the past that you weren't around to claim instead.

I've been subscribed since pretty much the year they started so it wouldn't be a big deal for me. But great for those who are LTTP.

EDIT: I guess I kinda misread that. I kinda wouldn't want that if it took up a slot for a new game we haven't gotten yet. But if they just had like one slot extra to put old offerings every month that people who didn't claim those could grab, that'd be nice.

I am thinking I might start Crysis 3 tomorrow, how does it compare to the second game? I thought Crysis 2 was pretty good but felt like it went too long. If it's something I can whip through in 6 hours or so I'll probably go for it.

MattDoza

Hell yeah! I did pick it up for PS3. I haven't finished it, but I did play a lot of it. It's just a pain to swap my PS3 and PS4 all the time. So I'll definitely complete it on PS4. Can't wait for the 2nd one though. Does it have multiplayer?

Nah, it doesn't. I don't think Wrong Number is going to have it either, AFAIK.

tec2030

Neo Member
I can't believe Metrico is already on PS+. I've been really excited about this game, so I'm glad I can just download with my subscription.

Beaulieu

Just completed a full career on Road Not Taken, pretty satisfying ! Still dont know what medecine is used for ... lol.

I got married to the two girls at the same time but didnt have kids.

netguy503

Not sure if already posted.

bUp8KzD.png

Cross-Buy is confirmed. So if you got the PS3 version from PS+, you will get the PS4 version.

I REALLY hope there is a seperate trophy list for the PS4 version. Would be soooooo nice and so much fun.

So since this month is in full swing this won't be a plus game/ take up a slot for next month? It will just show up in the next three updates and we can just play it for free?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I REALLY hope there is a seperate trophy list for the PS$ version. Would be soooooo nice and so much fun.

So since this month is in full swing this won't be a plus game/ take up a slot for next month? It will just show up in the next three updates and we can just play it for free?
When it launches, if you hav le it on PS3/V, you will get it free on PS4.

Kunan

Road Not Taken looks gorgeous in remote play. Interested in the Vita version whenever it comes. Gotten to year 3 now, died on year 2 in my first run.

reminder

I'm probably in the minority, but i really like Metrico so far. It has some fun puzzles and i like the whole idea of playing with bars and graphs.

Also, i "played" Proteus yesterday and had one playthrough. It's something different for sure, not really a game, but more like a tech demo minus the tech lol. I wouldn't really call it a bad PS+ title either, because i'm actually glad i got it for free through PS+ instead of paying for it.

On the PS4 i tried FEZ, which i played for the first time and i really like it so far. Will definitely continue playing it. Not sure about Road not Taken, though. I really like the art style, but i wasn't really hooked to the gameplay. Maybe i have to play it more.

Other than that it was another good month for me. Not great, but good.

Celegus

Crysis 3 is bad. Like, legit bad.

I played an hour of Crysis 2 from the EA humble bundle and that was awful enough to know that I shouldn't even waste the bandwidth downloading this game.

Played a ton of Dragon's Crown co-op with the wife all weekend, soooo much fun. We'll be at this one for a while!

sk3

Banned
Crysis 3 is better than 2. It is objectively not a bad game. It's unmemorable, but the mechanics are fine. Crytek knows how to make a shooter, and claiming otherwise is just stupid.

ZenaxPure

I've actually been enjoying Crysis 3 and I hateeeeedddddd Crysis 2. The bow makes all the difference for me, I usually play as sneaky as I can in FPSes and the bow makes that a lot more fun. I went in with the worst expectations, so it's been a pleasant surprise.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Crysis 3 is better than 2. It is objectively not a bad game. It's unmemorable, but the mechanics are fine. Crytek knows how to make a shooter, and claiming otherwise is just stupid.
The mechanics can be fine with the game still being bad, though. Level/mission design, enemy AI, etc. Tomb Raider (2013) is a good example of a game that's competently programmed with fluid mechanics that is just a completely vapid gameplay experience.

Note: I didn't play Crysis 3, I'm just speaking generally.

Donos

Not on Europe, unfortunately... :(

Hotline Miami was in EU PS+ already.
Unfortunately the german version is borked. No way to install the game. Always poping up an PSN errorcode. At least this is how it was a month ago. Don't know i f they have fixed it yet.

Piccoro

Hotline Miami was in EU PS+ already.
Unfortunately the german version is borked. No way to install the game. Always poping up an PSN errorcode. At least this is how it was a month ago. Don't know i f they have fixed it yet.
I wasn't talking about Hotline Miami. I meant Dragon's Crown.
Americans are claiming they got the Vita AND PS3 versions. In EU we only got the Vita version.
Me playing Fez

565x418px-LL-7ac46560_I_Have_No_Idea_What_I_m_Doing.jpeg

I just keep entering to doors and reaching new areas while getting cubes.

Really? Fez is a great game and not hard to understand at all.
Pay attention to the areas thumbnail images while standing at a door, and check the map with Select.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I wasn't talking about Hotline Miami. I meant Dragon's Crown.
Americans are claiming they got the Vita AND PS3 versions. In EU we only got the Vita version.

Really? Fez is a great game and not hard to understand at all.
Pay attention to the areas thumbnail images while standing at a door, and check the map with Select.

I think he means that the map is huge and many doors seemingly enter a new "world" rather than a tiny room as in the intro level.

see5harp

Really wanted to love Road Not Taken for the awesome artstyle but man that game is just not doing it for me. I really think they made a mistake with the whole energy thing. Personally, I feel they should have made the combos more integral to the core gameplay than energy. The energy just introduces frustration.

This month has been a let down for me...
Me too. I thought it was going to be a good month.

Dragon's Crown is not really my thing. Crysis 3 is borderline unplayable. Fez quickly lost its charm with a poor map/navigation system and some overly complicated puzzles. Proteus is pretty much just a relaxation tool.

jwtsonga

Who thinks we may get SC Blacklist next month?? it's been about 1 year since release...Also maybe AC4 ps3 by the end of the year?? Not many other AAA ps3 candidates really...

ZenaxPure

Who thinks we may get SC Blacklist next month?? it's been about 1 year since release...Also maybe AC4 ps3 by the end of the year?? Not many other AAA ps3 candidates really...

US or EU?

I think it'd be weird for them to give us AC4 in the US without first giving us AC3. Not that I would mind given I dislike everything about AC3, but, yeah.

They also seem to have a habit of giving us big games months after they come to EU+. I am actually surprised we haven't had AC3 yet.

jwtsonga

EU....yeah AC3 would come first. But I seriously think ps3 will get SC Blacklist which is an amazing game (my first SC). In fact after playing it I know that stealth is my favourite genre

US or EU?

I think it'd be weird for them to give us AC4 in the US without first giving us AC3. Not that I would mind given I dislike everything about AC3, but, yeah.

They also seem to have a habit of giving us big games months after they come to EU+. I am actually surprised we haven't had AC3 yet.

They already gave out Assassin's Creed 3 last year for plus in September.

As far Black Flag for this year I bet they'll probably give out the PS3 version for free on PSN+ and probably do a PSN+ sale for the PS4 version.

edit: Forgot it was a Euro only thing.

Step

I hope this is a good place to ask.

My PS3 keeps telling me that the file system in the storage is corrupted every time I'm turning it on, I already had to format it and lost everything but it keeps happening, Is it the HDD dying? or is the PS3 the one with the problem?

Dragon's Crown is awesome. Been playing it both on PS3 and Vita.

My only complaint is that there can be significant slowdown on the Vita version when shit hits the fan. Also half the time I can't tell what the hell is happening.

Really fun though.

ZenaxPure

Dragon's Crown is awesome. Been playing it both on PS3 and Vita.

My only complaint is that there can be significant slowdown on the Vita version when shit hits the fan. Also half the time I can't tell what the hell is happening.

Really fun though.

Yeah I've been playing the hell out of the game, it's not what I expected at all going in. Looks like an innocent brawler on the outset but it's far closer to an action rpg all things considered. Especially late game when you start worrying about loot and setting up different gear sets and making sure your character is specced correctly. The endless dungeon is awesome.

I kinda just flopped back and forth between the two versions myself. I hate the controls on the ps3 version (using runes suck and the cooking game is annoying on controller) but the camera seems more zoomed out or something on the vita version which I don't like at all (and like you say the framerate goes to crap when there is a lot of action on the vita).

After I accepted that Crysis 3 was the main PS3 game this month, I downloaded it and played it. It didn't bored me that much as when I played the first time, but the MP is what I liked a lot.

There's not too many people playing it, and will surely die quick, so if you wanna give it a try, do it now!

Top Bottom