• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Yawnier

Banned
I hope this months PS Plus offerings in NA are better than what they were in July, in between the fact I already bought Jet Set Radio HD last fall and I don't own a Vita (yet) there wasn't much there to cater to me personally.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone know if there are an PSM (playstation mobile) games worth the price for the Vita? They all seem like shittier iOS games to me.
You probably won't get many replies in this thread; might have better luck over in the PSM thread. I'm sure Kassatsu can name you a few.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494070&page=17

Does playstation HOME still have the free month?
No, that was a June promo they did to get people into the E3 space in Home.

Celegus

I hope this months PS Plus offerings in NA are better than what they were in July, in between the fact I already bought Jet Set Radio HD last fall and I don't own a Vita (yet) there wasn't much there to cater to me personally.

Yeah nothing really tickled my fancy in July either. Tried Battlefield 3 and thought it was rubbish, Oddworld was kind of charming but clunky as heck, but Dokuro looks cool (also don't have a Vita). Critter Crunch for 99 cents was a good deal though!

Yawnier

Banned
I highly suspect that Need for Speed will be free next month on PS+ in NA.

Most Wanted or another one?

Yeah nothing really tickled my fancy in July either. Tried Battlefield 3 and thought it was rubbish, Oddworld was kind of charming but clunky as heck, but Dokuro looks cool (also don't have a Vita). Critter Crunch for 99 cents was a good deal though!

Ah damn, I missed out on that Critter Crunch deal. Oh well.

jayb

Hopefully NFS: Most Wanted comes to US PS+ for Aug. Considering that EU just got it, I'd say it'll come eventually.

Then again, we never got Red Dead Redemption and EU did. So who really knows.

Hopefully NFS: Most Wanted comes to US PS+ for Aug. Considering that EU just got it, I'd say it'll come eventually.

Then again, we never got Red Dead Redemption and EU did. So who really knows.

Nor deadspace 2 or bulletstorm both EA games.

I'm gonna be selfish and hope it doesn't come since I have both. :p I've hated how they've started to be more similar. My EU subscription isn't paying off now!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Nor deadspace 2 or bulletstorm both EA games.

I'm gonna be selfish and hope it doesn't come since I have both. :p I've hated how they've started to be more similar. My EU subscription isn't paying off now!
Emphasis added.

Oh man, Sony simply cannot win. :) Two systems are different -- everyone complains how they should be similar. Now they are similar and everyone complains they should be different. :D

Toki767

Emphasis added.

Oh man, Sony simply cannot win. :) Two systems are different -- everyone complains how they should be similar. Now they are similar and everyone complains they should be different. :D

I'd imagine less than 1% of all PS+ users even have two subscriptions anyways.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
PS+ virgin here! With a Vita, PS3, and soon to be PS4, I figured I'd might as well get this because I'm going to need it.

How do they announce the free games? Weekly basis, or do you find out what's coming for the entire month in advance?

zulux21

PS+ virgin here! With a Vita, PS3, and soon to be PS4, I figured I'd might as well get this because I'm going to need it.

How do they announce the free games? Weekly basis, or do you find out what's coming for the entire month in advance?

for na the day before the first release of the month should have a post about what is coming for the month.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Can anybody tell us why the North American updates are so last minute?
How do you mean? They'll announce the Monday ahead of the first Tuesday of the month. And they tell you everything for the month, just not which items on which days.

Emphasis added.

Hahaha I'd say more parity is good but it hurts me.

Alebrije

New Plus user. Just one doubt :

I downloaded a few games these days , but what if my current PS3 dies? if I get a new PS3 and access my account will I have those games ready for download again?

thx.

bjaelke

I downloaded a few games these days , but what if my current PS3 dies? if I get a new PS3 and access my account will I have those games ready for download again?

thx.

Yes you can access any item on your download list as long as you have PS+.

jvm

Gamasutra.

thx.
You can have up to two PS3 systems tied to your account, and download everything to both of them.

If one dies, you deregister it, and you can add another in its place. Everything downloaded to that one too.

You can now deregister systems of all types through Sony's SEN website. But only every six months or something silly like that.
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

Edit: Maybe that applies to the "Deactivate all" button. Here is the quote from support: "Note: Once you have performed a deactivation of all consoles you will be unable to repeat it for 6 months."

Don't worry -- everything will be fine.

Jabba

Banned
How do you mean? They'll announce the Monday ahead of the first Tuesday of the month. And they tell you everything for the month, just not which items on which days.

Oh, so this Monday coming? It just seemed like the NA announcements were longer than a month and EU knew theirs rather quicky, more frequent.

bjaelke

Edit: Maybe that applies to the "Deactivate all" button. Here is the quote from support: "Note: Once you have performed a deactivation of all consoles you will be unable to repeat it for 6 months."

Don't worry -- everything will be fine.

It said 12 month when I checked.

Number45

As mentioned you'll be fine, with the added bonus of all of your saves (including those already on the system if you go through them) also surviving that failure.

I want to like NBA2K13 but as someone from the UK who doesn't know a thing about Basketball and has never played a Basketball game before its quite tough to get in to.

This month in Europe is the best in a while I reckon, both NFS and Spec Ops are great, although I really hate it how Nolan North is using his Drake voice

Number45

*salute*

I have one of those in my garage. I miss that old beast.
I sent mine off by ripping it apart (because there was a disc stuck) and throwing it in the bin. Probably should have disposed of it in a more environmentally friendly manner now that I think about it, but RAGE!

This month in Europe is the best in a while I reckon, both NFS and Spec Ops are great, although I really hate it how Nolan North is using his Drake voice
It's just his voice.

netguy503

I sent mine off by ripping it apart (because there was a disc stuck) and throwing it in the bin. Probably should have disposed of it in a more environmentally friendly manner now that I think about it, but RAGE!

It's just his voice.

Who does Nolan North voice and in what game?

Yawnier

Banned
Playing Munch's Odyssey right now, fun game if you like 3D platformers but man the movement of Abe is so wonky and clunky, its almost unbearable in enjoying the game while Munch is perfectly alright to control and move, other than he is very slow to move on land but hes a sea creature, I think so anyways lol.

Vashetti

Banned

Man total opposite for me.

Couldn't give two hoots about the PS3 games.

Only ones I'm interested in are the Vita ones, and I don't even own one!

Aspiring

Hey gaf, I am about to pull the trigger and buy some PS+ goodness but before I do I have a few questions.

1. I'm from Australia, and was wondering if there is anywhere I can buy a membership cheaper than the $69.95 price like I use gamecard.com for XBL?

2. Will My account that I currently use transfer over to the PS4 100%, and also work on the PS Vita yes? So in the end my one membership will work on all 3 on my account?

Probably stupid questions but before I buy I just wanna make sure. It's a big transition for me because I have been paying for Live since the original Xbox and now have let it run out for the first time in preparation of the PS4.

Thanks gaf!!

Reckoner

I want to like NBA2K13 but as someone from the UK who doesn't know a thing about Basketball and has never played a Basketball game before its quite tough to get in to.

I went through the Practice Mode, but I still feel like I don't know some key stuff. I had to do a check on basketball player positions and all that stuff to get into the game. I'm playin on Pro difficulty and I'm doing much better now.

Also, isn't DmC coming to Plus?

Donos

Also, isn't DmC coming to Plus?

There was a supposed "leak" which showed PS+ offerings for July and August for Europe. August showed DmC. July was spot on but they "changed" August and included Mafia II and NFS instead of DmC. Maybe it's coming later or maybe they wanted to show that the leaks weren't true 100%.

Ted

2. Will My account that I currently use transfer over to the PS4 100%, and also work on the PS Vita yes? So in the end my one membership will work on all 3 on my account?

I can't answer your first question but in terms of this:

"A PlayStation Plus subscriber for PlayStation 4 comes away with a hell of a lot. First of all, the subscription applies across all three platforms [PS4, PS3 & PS Vita], so if you have the three platforms then you have an instant game collection on all three." - SCEE UK & Ireland MD Fergal Gara told VideoGamer.com during E3.

Several days until the US Aug announcement =D. Can't wait. Hope to get some decent Vita games this time.

Just downloaded Dokuro and still haven't had time to play around it as i'm playing Dragon Crown. But will try to finish it and Zero Escape this month, hopefully.

Man, time is luxury these days...

Rubezh

It's getting to the point where I've accrued way too many PS Vita games on my account that I can't play. I might have to consider cancelling my PS4 preorder and getting a Vita instead.

Top Bottom