• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's getting to the point where I've accrued way too many PS Vita games on my account that I can't play. I might have to consider cancelling my PS4 preorder and getting a Vita instead.

Excellent. Join the portable master race and get the best PlayStation platform. You can always get a PS4 down the line when it gets cheaper. That's what I plan on doing. Plus the Vita is probably getting a price drop this year.

Toki767

Excellent. Join the portable master race and get the best PlayStation platform. You can always get a PS4 down the line when it gets cheaper. That's what I plan on doing. Plus the Vita is probably getting a price drop this year.

To be fair, the Vita will get cheaper a lot faster than the PS4 will.

JawzPause

I agree with a lot of people here regarding Nolan North. It's starting to get distracting having him as the main voice actor in a lot of games now. I'm enjoying Spec Ops but at first all I was thinking about was how he sounds like Drake.
TLoU spoilers -
Although I wouldn't mind him doing parts like David, which was brilliant as I didn't even recognise it was Nolan.

Fasty

Hey gaf, I am about to pull the trigger and buy some PS+ goodness but before I do I have a few questions.

1. I'm from Australia, and was wondering if there is anywhere I can buy a membership cheaper than the $69.95 price like I use gamecard.com for XBL?

2. Will My account that I currently use transfer over to the PS4 100%, and also work on the PS Vita yes? So in the end my one membership will work on all 3 on my account?

Probably stupid questions but before I buy I just wanna make sure. It's a big transition for me because I have been paying for Live since the original Xbox and now have let it run out for the first time in preparation of the PS4.

Thanks gaf!!

1. Not that I'm aware of. The only way to buy a subscription in Australia is buying it with credit on the PSN. But they have had specials in the past that have given you an extra three months or something free, and/or a cheaper price. I'm hoping that comes around again when mine is due for renewal.

2. Yes, this was confirmed at E3.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I have no idea how to play NBA 2K13. Got it on Plus and tried it, but I seriously have no idea how to play it. Never played a Basketball video game before and this is all alien to me. There's no tutorial at all, nor is there a single screen that just tells me what the basic controls are. I basically know how to dribble and shoot(emphasis on basic) as that is the one thing the game actually did tell me how to do. I also know how to pass as it's the same as passing in other sports games. This is all I know how to do. I don't even know what the functions are for the rest of the buttons.

Seriously, help. I want to like this game. Having a rough idea what the controls are would be a start. Trial and error with button presses isn't helping much. God I hate it when games don't have tutorials. Help.

Edit: Lol I'm an idiot. I don't know how I missed the practice mode option. Never mind. I shall go through the turorial I didn't see existed now.

Tizoc

I personally want Port Royale 3 to be a Plus freebie...if only because I like the concept/genre of the game =P

RedAssedApe

Banned
I agree with a lot of people here regarding Nolan North. It's starting to get distracting having him as the main voice actor in a lot of games now. I'm enjoying Spec Ops but at first all I was thinking about was how he sounds like Drake.
TLoU spoilers -
Although I wouldn't mind him doing parts like David, which was brilliant as I didn't even recognise it was Nolan.

Don't worry. Seems like Troy baker is getting all the roles now hah

Busty

Banned
Just got a 3 month code for signing up for skynowtv for one month free trial. Came in a game case and the code expires in 2015 and everything !

WOT. I literally signed up for this service yesterday and got nothing of the sort. Mind you I got the awesome TotalFilm deal (first 6 months for just £15) but even still. Rats.

Pollux

PS Plus is about to pay for itself... Going to but a Vita in about 20 minutes. A 16 gb card will be enough right?

OMG Aero

Is there an easy way to find out all the games you have for free through Plus? It'd be nice to know all the games I have since I only download the ones I'm actually going to play, but as far as I know the only way I could find out is by going through my download list and that would take forever.

I suppose I could look at when my subscription started and just look online at what games have been available since then, but there was a brief period where I stopped being a Plus member and I can't remember when that was, so my subscription start date will probably just start from when I resumed my subscription.

Roto13

PS Plus is about to pay for itself... Going to but a Vita in about 20 minutes. A 16 gb card will be enough right?

It's enough in that it will hold as many games as you need to have on your Vita at one time. It's certainly not enough to hold all of the games you get from Plus.

Omikaru

I struggled with 16gb, especially considering the PSone and PSP games I've also loaded onto my Vita.

But if you're not so attached to wanting as many games possible on your memory stick at all times -- or simply keeping your favourites always installed -- then you'll get by with 16gb so long as you play games and then delete them as you finish them. You should be able to store between 4 and 10 games at a time on 16gb depending on the filesize. Some games are 100mb, others 3.3gb, so your mileage will vary!

Just remember to backup your saves to the cloud using the Content Manager app (or even better, set it up to automatically do it every 24 hours) so you can be a bit more fickle with downloading and deleting games as and when you need them, without losing your saves.

I brought Sonic and Racing Transformed so i wouldn't really want it on VITA, lol. But for PS3, it won't be that bad :p

Speaking of which, why is SCEA so slow. We are close to 4 days in August and yet we haven't gotten a August PS+ list. I know it will be posted on Monday but what stops them from posting it at start of month instead of blogging such posts only on Monday.

SScorpio

So I have no idea how to play NBA 2K13. Got it on Plus and tried it, but I seriously have no idea how to play it. Never played a Basketball video game before and this is all alien to me. There's no tutorial at all, nor is there a single screen that just tells me what the basic controls are. I basically know how to dribble and shoot(emphasis on basic) as that is the one thing the game actually did tell me how to do. I also know how to pass as it's the same as passing in other sports games. This is all I know how to do. I don't even know what the functions are for the rest of the buttons.

All Vita games have digital manuals, click on the icon that looks like a pink book with a question mark on the game's game card to access it.

Can anyone confirm if game sharing works for the ps+ free games?

I want to get a second ps3 for my home and I want to play across both. I did a mini test to see if my games work on the same console (created a new profile) and it does but would it work across consoles? Would being on the same network help?

BibiMaghoo

Can anyone confirm if game sharing works for the ps+ free games?

I want to get a second ps3 for my home and I want to play across both. I did a mini test to see if my games work on the same console (created a new profile) and it does but would it work across consoles? Would being on the same network help?

I game share my plus games with someone that lives about 15 miles away.

So yes. It works. They work on two consoles, and also every profile on at least one of those consoles, perhaps both. I have not tried a secondary account on the second machine.

I game share my plus games with someone that lives about 15 miles away.

So yes. It works. They work on two consoles, and also every profile on at least one of those consoles, perhaps both. I have not tried a secondary account on the second machine.

Thank you Bibi! Game share is still restricted to only 2 consoles right?

Bedlam

And I have to say, I love the PSN Plus service. I bought the PS3 to catch up with some exclusive games and I already got half of them through Plus now ... SotC, UC3, DeS etc).

How does game sharing work btw?

(I only got a PS3 two weeks ago for the first time)

And I have to say, I love the PSN Plus service. I bought the PS3 to catch up with some exclusive games and I already got half of them through Plus now ... SotC, UC3, DeS etc).

Sign in on a second machine.
Download the content.
Play on any account on the system (the account that owns the content just needs to be on there for it to work)
Make sure the person you're sharing with is someone you trust.

I am guessing some games to counter with the xbl gold ones.

- Maybe TWD complete or inFAMOUS festival of blood (infamous 2 was free forever and it counters both crackdown and dr2)
- Valkyria Chronicles anyone?
- psn only title
- Vita full game (PSABR?)

Vashetti

Banned

- Maybe TWD complete or inFAMOUS festival of blood (infamous 2 was free forever and it counters both crackdown and dr2)
- psn only title

Valkyria Chronicles won't be.

Doesn't have trophies. Last time they gave a game without trophies there was uproar.

Pollux

Just bought a Vita. Setting it up now. Going to download Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat, and Virtues Last Reward

Roto13

Just bought a Vita. Setting it up now. Going to download Wipeout, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat, and Virtues Last Reward

Gravity Rush is the main reason I was interested in Vita and it didn't disappoint me. Virtue's Last Reward is amazing.

Sorian

Banned
I remember there being a rumor last month that our free August vita game would be New Little King's Story. Any forseeable truth to that matter? (US Plus)

- psn only title

TWD was $5 a few months ago so I doubt they'll give it away now.

I'm hoping we'll get Jak and Daxter Collection, ICO or Okami.

Top Bottom