• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

JawzPause

Don't worry. Seems like Troy baker is getting all the roles now hah

Ye but I didn't even realise Joel & Booker were voiced by the same person until someone told me. So I don't really mind Troy doing more characters, as long as he can keep doing distinct and different voices that is...

Roto13

Ye but I didn't even realise Joel & Booker were voiced by the same person until someone told me. So I don't really mind Troy doing more characters, as long as he can keep doing distinct and different voices that is...

You might be surprised at the number of characters Nolan North has voiced that you haven't recognized.

Anteater

Gave nfs a try, but what's with the game having only 2 camera views? They're both camera views I hated in racing games (behind the car, bumper view), shouldn't there be a hood view (one that's higher than the bumper?).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Gave nfs a try, but what's with the game having only 2 camera views? They're both camera views I hated in racing games (behind the car, bumper view), shouldn't there be a hood view (one that's higher than the bumper?).

I dont think Criterion does hood view for their games

Either Sly Cooper or DmC would make me a pretty happy camper this month.
When Vikings Attack on Vita would be nice to have too!

anyone know how i can get a free one month uk trial (that doesn't require a cc)

i have a 3 month trial code but it requires a cc

Toki767

anyone know how i can get a free one month uk trial (that doesn't require a cc)

i have a 3 month trial code but it requires a cc

They were giving some out on Facebook before I believe, but it's probably over now. I'll totally take your 3 month code off your hands if you don't want it though. :p

They were giving some out on Facebook before I believe, but it's probably over now. I'll totally take your 3 month code off your hands if you don't want it though. :p

i did the facebook thing but it's been over a week and no response so i'll assume the deal is dead.

Best Buy is once again discounting PS+ cards. It's only for Rewards Zone Gamers Club members, but it is free to join.

Either through a coupon found on myrz.com and using it in-store, or linking your RZ account to your bestbuy.com account and buying it online, you can get either 3-month PS+ card for $12.99 or 12-month PS+ cards for $39.99. The offer ends on August 17.

On top of that, PSN cards are also discounted for RZ members on bestbuy.com
Link to offer page
Prices are $10 card for $9.50, $20 card for $18.50, and $50 card for $45.

Tizoc

^I think you mean this month ;)

I'm keeping my expectations low, but what I REALLY want is a 'Buy for $50, get $10 back' offer. Too many good stuff available atm that I want an offer like that just to make my purchases all the more satisfying X3

It was mentioned already probably, but you guys really should play Spec Ops: The Line. One of the best shooters for the past few years.

Celegus

It was mentioned already probably, but you guys really should play Spec Ops: The Line. One of the best shooters for the past few years.

Not sure about best, but even as someone who doesn't care about shooters that aren't made by Naughty Dog, Spec Ops was worth a playthrough. One of the many pleasant surprises from PS+ of games I would never ever buy on my own but ended up enjoying quite a bit.

jcm

If anyone is looking for a cheap re-up, Best Buy has a year for $40 or 3 months for $13. You have to sign up for a free Reward Zone account. Offer is valid through 8/17/13. Details at slickdeals.

Einbroch

Banned

No, you shouldn't. It's a mediocre game with a laughable ending.

I mean, it's free, so if you have a ton of free time I guess go ahead. But GAF's hype of this game is undeserved, in my opinion.

Certinty

I mean, it's free, so if you have a ton of free time I guess go ahead. But GAF's hype of this game is undeserved, in my opinion.
I agree about the ending but I thought the rest was pretty good. Definitely in my top 5 3rd person shooters of this generation.

I played up to the part where
I killed my own team with the white phosphorous attack
and then my save file got corrupted by Steam.

I don't have any motivation to play all the way from the beginning again to get to that point, but I feel as though that was the "holy shit" moment that everyone speaks about with this game so I'm ok with not playing it again.

And just like that the clock struck 9:36 AM GCT as all the PS+Gaffers anxiously awaited Morgan Haro's promise of free games. "Surely the August PS+ update will not disappoint!" He thought as a smile crept across his face. "Surely it won't disappoint..." As he scrolled down the list of IGC content his smirk grew bigger and bigger looking at all the psp fighting games....

Gracechendealwithit.gif

Celegus

I played up to the part where
I killed my own team with the white phosphorous attack
and then my save file got corrupted by Steam.

I don't have any motivation to play all the way from the beginning again to get to that point, but I feel as though that was the "holy shit" moment that everyone speaks about with this game so I'm ok with not playing it again.

I'd say that was more the tipping point than the defining moment. Up until then, something just feels wrong, but after that point, they pull no punches. Sadly you only played the crappy half of the game (but I can totally understand not wanting to start over).

Tizoc

And just like that the clock struck 9:36 AM GCT as all the PS+Gaffers anxiously awaited Morgan Haro's promise of free games. "Surely the August PS+ update will not disappoint!" He thought as a smile crept across his face. "Surely it won't disappoint..." As he scrolled down the list of IGC content his smirk grew bigger and bigger looking at all the psp fighting games....

Gracechendealwithit.gif
What psp fighter is elect to give away? Far as psp is concerned I want the neo geo shmup game

atomsk

Party Pooper

Gracechendealwithit.gif

Are there any left we haven't gotten?

Ocaso

I agree about the ending but I thought the rest was pretty good. Definitely in my top 5 3rd person shooters of this generation.

Agreed. I really don't see what everyone's problem was with the cover-shooter gameplay which I enjoyed every bit as much as any of the Gears of War games. The story was interesting, even if it didn't completely hold up through to the end. It's still worth playing, particularly for free.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
BF3 imo (even though a lot of people weren't too excited about it) was a pretty massive gift. That game did incredible almost-CoD numbers and they gave it away. I never would have believed they'd do that. In hindsight it made sense, but just wouldn't have believed it until I actually saw it.

Einbroch

Banned
Because only your opinion is legit.

Never said it was. You said he should play, I said he shouldn't.

It's an opinion, I never stated it was anything but. Quit it with the attitude. If you can't handle an opposing opinion, which I clearly said it was my opinion, then you probably shouldn't read forums.

Celegus

BF3 imo (even though a lot of people weren't too excited about it) was a pretty massive gift. That game did incredible almost-CoD numbers and they gave it away. I never would have believed they'd do that. In hindsight it made sense, but just wouldn't have believed it until I actually saw it.

I tried it and thought it was terrible, but I can totally see the value in it for other people and the service in general. Especially comparing PS+ to the new Xbox free games, it's a no-brainer. Battlefield 3 or Assassin's Creed 2? It's a pretty nice feather in their cap.

Never said it was. You said he should play, I said he shouldn't.

It's an opinion, I never stated it was anything but. Quit it with the attitude. If you can't handle an opposing opinion, which I clearly said it was my opinion, then you probably shouldn't read forums.

I suggested a game for people to look at, and you just came in unmannerly and stated that this game definitely does not worth attention it gets. Speakin' of ill attitude.

Einbroch

Banned
I suggested a game for people to look at, and you just came in unmannerly and stated that this game definitely does not worth attention it gets. Speakin' of ill attitude.
And I was simply stating that I don't think it's a good game and that I think it is not worth the time investment. I never said that you're a bad person for liking it. I just think it's a mediocre game with a try-to-hard ending.

But it's free, so if you have a lot of time to kill, play it. I just wish I could've gotten my 7-ish hours back. The game has a ton of positive buzz on GAF. There's a new LTTP thread on this game every week, it seems. I'm just expressing my opinion that the game is mediocre and there are better games out there.

It's not an attack on you. I like a lot of mediocre games (Magna Carta 2, Star Ocean, Singularity, etc), but this just didn't resonate with me at all. It's another ho-hum 3rd person shooter.

jcm

Just noticed this on Music Unlimited site:

As a PS Plus subscriber you already know good value when it comes to games. Now for only $41.99, you can get a 1 year premium plan subscription to the Music Unlimited service valued at $119.88. Your PS Plus offer can be obtained by going to the PS Plus section of the PS store, accessible either through your PS3™ or Vita device. Not a PS Plus subscriber? There has never been a better time to sign up. Sign up now!

That's much worse than last year's deal, but still pretty good I think. Not sure if we can use it to extend our memberships from last year's awesome deal.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
NA:

9431730410_5af207cc84_z.jpg

Pao71Qt.png

Leaving PS Plus In August

8/6 – Battlefield 3
8/13 – Labyrinth Legends
8/20 – Gods Eater Burst
8/20 – Malicious
8/27 – Dokuro

Entering PS Plus in August (in no particular order)

Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (PS3)
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3)
Machinarium (PS Vita)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PS Vita, Compatible with PS Vita)

Pollux

Just got the Vita and I love it. But I have a quick question...

When I'm downloading a game, and my Vita goes to sleep and I don't turn it back on after a couple seconds the download pauses. How do I keep the game downloading even when the Vita has fallen asleep?

Top Bottom