• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Celegus

I'm okay with this. Never tried a Hitman game before, but Runner 2 alone makes the month. Might grab Rayman Origins too (stupid $5 games, I'm stuck with $4.94 in my wallet). And I can't help but chuckle at another portable fighting game. Did they finally run out of PSP fighters and now have to clean out the Vita ones?

Entering PS Plus in August (in no particular order)

Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (PS3)
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3)
Machinarium (PS Vita)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PS Vita, Compatible with PS Vita)
Another shit month for VITA owners

Rayman Sale seems good to me

I kind of hope that at some point PS+ will just automatically add games to your account. All this manually checking and adding games to your account every week is way more work than it needs to be.

Also what's up with PS+ and PSP fighting games. There are a ton of great other games on the PSP but they only ever seem to pick the fighters.

BibiMaghoo

Best Hitman game is best Hitman.

Ignore that hate if you have yet to play it, try it out and love it for what it is. A quality stealth game with lots of content, lost of options, and a good spin on multiplayer.

Yes! Another PSP fighting game! Thank you Morgan.

lol. This update isn't bad, it's not great but it isn't bad. Rayman for $6.75 is good but I wish it was free.

Is bit trip runner 2 cross buy?

Roto13

I'm happy with this month. Think I'll get the Vita version of Origins since I'm spending a crapton of time on a plane this month. I've wanted to play Hitman Absolution, too. I'm hoping Star Wars Pinball heralds some Zen Pinball 2 discounts, because I will seriously buy all of those tables if they're 50% off.
What psp fighter is elect to give away?

Well.

jayu26

I kind of hope that at some point PS+ will just automatically add games to your account. All this manually checking and adding games to your account every week is way more work than it needs to be.

Also what's up with PS+ and PSP fighting games. There are a ton of great other games on the PSP but they only ever seem to pick the fighters.

The idea is that you visit the digital store. Think of how many ads you go through before getting to the PS+ free games section.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I agree. New games should be added to your download list automatically and then a notification should be shown when you turn on your console like it does when saves are uploaded letting you know new games are available for download. They should also give us the option to automatically download those games.

s9iAz8D.png

the drag D:

Rumored to be dropped at Gamescom along with a 64 GB card announcement resulting in price drop for the memory cards below 64 GB.
Do you have a link?

Rayman 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Never played the ps1 or ps2 versions. Anyone know the differences/pros and cons of each version for someone who grew up loving the n64 version?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Blood Money is quite possibly my favourite video game of all time. Will I like Absolution?

Also....ps+ subscription ran out this month :( Went to play SR3 and "This content is no longer available"

Boooooo.

will definitely get another subscription

jcm

I'm happy to give Hitman a try. On the other hand, I can't believe they found yet another PSP fighting game for us. WTF?

Blood Money is quite possibly my favourite video game of all time. Will I like Absolution?

Also....ps+ subscription ran out this month :( Went to play SR3 and "This content is no longer available"

Boooooo.

will definitely get another subscription

If you missed the last page, BestBuy has PS Plus on sale right now. $40 for a year.

Tizoc

Everyone needs to play Runner2, one of my GotY 2013 contenders and I have had a blast playing it X3.

Lame selection otherwise TBH.

Yes! Another PSP fighting game! Thank you Morgan.

lol. This update isn't bad, it's not great but it isn't bad. Rayman for $6.75 is good but I wish it was free.

Is bit trip runner 2 cross buy?

Nope I think they said they couldn't do it because they have different publishers for the PS3 and Vita versions.

Drek

Entering PS Plus in August (in no particular order)

Hitman: Absolution (PS3)
Zen Pinball 2: Star Wars Pinball (PS3)
Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (PS3)
Machinarium (PS Vita)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PS Vita, Compatible with PS Vita)

Hitman is cool. I'm up for trying it but question the design choices enough to not want to pay for it.

Star Wars Pinball is cool, I only play on my Vita but I need new tables to get me to touch it again.

Bit.Trip Runner2 - would have preferred it as a freebie when it comes out on Vita, but it's free is a good game, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Machinarium - should have been included when they did Machinarium for PS3 a few months ago, weak.

Darkstalkers - enough portable fighters you cunts.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Other than Star Wars Pinball, good month for me. Been holding out on Machinarium on PSV. (I bought it ages ago for GNU/Linux and Android.)

I wonder if we'll get Tomb Raider free at some point. I enjoyed it, and might replay parts of it were I to get it for free. We already got Tomb Raider: Underworld a while back.

Been waiting on hitman. Redboxed it a few months ago and have been waiting on it to drop to an insanely low price every since. Might pick up Rayman Origins for $5, although that will probably end up being another PS+ game that I play for a couple of days then forget about

Do you have a link?
All the GAF Sony insiders have been hinting that much. Either we get both announcements or at least one of them.

Star Wars Pinball is great on Vita and it's supposed to be a CrossBuy title, so that's actually an extra Vita freebie this month.
I played Pinball Arcade when it was free. Didn't really like it much and deleted it after a while. Is this supposed to be better?

NHale

when will EU games be revealed? :p

The games for EU PS+ are already available since last week.

Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS3)
Mafia II (PS3)
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) or NBA 2K13 (PS3) if you have a UAE account.
When Vikings Attack! (PS3 + PS Vita)
LEGO The Lord of the Rings (PS Vita)

Bishop89

The games for EU PS+ are already available since last week.

Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS3)
Mafia II (PS3)
Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) or NBA 2K13 (PS3) if you have a UAE account.
When Vikings Attack! (PS3 + PS Vita)
LEGO The Lord of the Rings (PS Vita)

i meant the preview for NEXT month :p

vdlow

Runner 2, I wasn't expecting it that soon. Amazing news, made my day.

Will gladly play Hitman Absolution and Star Wars Pinball (on the Vita, pinball is so much better on portable systems) and maybe try Machinarium, since I've never bothered to test the PS3 version, but I'm willing to try it on the Vita.

Roto13

I played Pinball Arcade when it was free. Didn't really like it much and deleted it after a while. Is this supposed to be better?

Zen Pinball has better presentation than The Pinball Arcade and it's a bit faster. You might like it more than The Pinball Arcade, but it's still pinball.

To be honest, the EU PS+ for VITA wasn't good for this month as well. At least we got the Rayman Origins discount. I was keeping an eye on getting it either as free or on discount. It's a shame that it is not $5 though. I know it is the superior version but still $5 would have been nice.

What other Rayman games work on VITA? I will also grab Rayman 1 and 2 for PS1 for PSV if they work.

Pinball Arcade kind of strictly adheres to realistic physics.

Zen Pinball is much more of a "video game" in that characters fly out of the table, you have to hit enemies with the ball sometimes, etc etc. Definitely worth a download, especially on Vita if you have one (it's good on PS3 too, though).

Also, if you like Star Wars pinball, their Marvel tables and their PvZ table are also awesome. I think PvZ is only $2-3 too.

Zen Pinball has better presentation than The Pinball Arcade and it's a bit faster. You might like it more than The Pinball Arcade, but it's still pinball.
Pinball Arcade kind of strictly adheres to realistic physics.

Zen Pinball is much more of a "video game" in that characters fly out of the table, you have to hit enemies with the ball sometimes, etc etc. Definitely worth a download, especially on Vita if you have one (it's good on PS3 too, though).

Also, if you like Star Wars pinball, their Marvel tables and their PvZ table are also awesome. I think PvZ is only $2-3 too.
Thanks for the feedback. It is free so there is no harm in checking it out :D
Maybe if i like it, i will buy the DLC tables.

BibiMaghoo

Yes.

It is a better overall game than Blood Money. It is a lot tidier and more fluid, but in some places does not present as many options due to the way the game is laid out.

There are more levels in Absolution, than Blood money, but some of them are 'escape' missions, which are A--B stealth runs, rather than having targets. The overall number of targets in the game is greater. Just be prepared for a few areas without any.

KAL2006

Banned
I am screwing, I realized I forgot to download Rayman Origins when it was free, Is there a setting that downloads all IGC automatically so this doesnt happen again.

heringer

I have a question guys. If my PS+ subscription expires, whenever I subscribe again do I still keep to play the games I got for free or do I lost my acess to them?

atomsk

Party Pooper
At some point they're going to run out of PSP fighting games... right?

Right?

Please?

I don't mind getting PSP games, I missed out on a bunch of that library, but goddamn.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Another month where I'm downloading jack shit.

I really just wish EU/NA could be the same.

ANOTHER psp fighting game? I would literally rather have nothing.

fenners

I am screwing, I realized I forgot to download Rayman Origins when it was free, Is there a setting that downloads all IGC automatically so this doesnt happen again.

No. Sony *wants* you to check the store each week & see what's available. They want you in the ecosystem.

Top Bottom