• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

ckohler

I have a question guys. If my PS+ subscription expires, whenever I subscribe again do I still keep to play the games I got for free or do I lost my acess to them?

Yes, you will still have them.

Q: What happens to the games and DLC I downloaded free through a PS Plus membership, and I decide to not renew my membership?

A: You will not be able to access free games downloaded with Plus if you choose not to renew your membership. However, if you decide to re-activate your membership, you will once again be able to play all games downloaded from the Instant Game Collection.

skynidas

Banned
I have a question guys. If my PS+ subscription expires, whenever I subscribe again do I still keep to play the games I got for free or do I lost my acess to them?

if it expires, and you suscribe again later the games that you have already downloaded will be playable again.

brandnew

Just sold Hitman a couple months ago. I made it to the hospital level which was pretty early on. Being practically forced into combat at some points was a little upsetting (maybe I just wasn't good enough at stealth?). But I'll probably start playing it again now that it's free.

KAL2006

Banned
No. Sony *wants* you to check the store each week & see what's available. They want you in the ecosystem.

Ah well, I was annoyed at first I missed out on Origins, but I have heard the new game Legends will have 40 levels from Origins, so I may skip Origins and get Legends as it comes will half the levels that are in Origins.

ZenaxPure

I almost bought Hitman on the steam sale but I knew it would be on PS+ at some point (since it was free in EU at some point already). Wasn't expecting it this fast. Pretty awesome month overall, been wanting runner 2 and I love pinball. I don't really like Machinarium myself (beat it a long time ago on PC) but I know it's pretty popular.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Godspeed on you with slow connections and needing HDD space for Absolution

That sum bitch came in around 17GB
I got it when it was free during EU PS+, DL took me 1.5 hours, the install took 2 hours...

I played all 4 Hitman recently this year, the HD Trilogy and Absolution
http://i.imgur.com/NLt1eQM.pngp/img]

Blood Money is the best, then Contracts, then Absolution, finally 2: Silent Assassin
(Contracts and Silent Assassin were headaches with glitches/bugs, freezes and AI just acting fucking stupid, BM was a refreshing taste)

Absolution isn't bad per say, but the really gutted the experience that was Blood Money
If they had evolved on the BM mechanics and story it would have been awesome

Funny I played Hitman Absolution as my first title in the series, then followed it up with the HD trilogy

Oh how I wish Hitman Absolution was a Double Platinum

Not I wanted for this month but I do enjoy Rayman 2 and been thinking of trying origins and the original.
How does the original Rayman fare today? I remember thinking it controlled weird when I tried a demo on the PC back in the days. I am tempted about getting Origins for Vita or PS3 (to see if the next game will be right up my alley!).

Celegus

What's the reason people prefer the Vita version of Rayman? I don't have one... is the PS3 version lacking in some way?

What's the reason people prefer the Vita version of Rayman? I don't have one... is the PS3 version lacking in some way?
Those OLED colors!

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

And you can use touch to pop bubbles which a lot of times is way easier to do to get high scores in levels needed for the medals than on PS3.

The007JiM

Godspeed on you with slow connections and needing HDD space for Absolution

That sum bitch came in around 17GB
I got it when it was free during EU PS+, DL took me 1.5 hours, the install took 2 hours...

I played all 4 Hitman recently this year, the HD Trilogy and Absolution
http://i.imgur.com/NLt1eQM.pngp/img]

Blood Money is the best, then Contracts, then Absolution, finally 2: Silent Assassin
(Contracts and Silent Assassin were headaches with glitches/bugs, freezes and AI just acting fucking stupid, BM was a refreshing taste)

Absolution isn't bad per say, but the really gutted the experience that was Blood Money
If they had evolved on the BM mechanics and story it would have been awesome

Funny I played Hitman Absolution as my first title in the series, then followed it up with the HD trilogy

Oh how I wish Hitman Absolution was a Double Platinum[/QUOTE]

I played the Hitman series in order/launch times and i agree with you. Blood money was amazing and still have good memories for Hitman 2:SA back in my PC days.

Btw, you need more than the 17 GB to download Hitman: Absolution. I remember i buy this game day one and i needed around 25Gb of free space. Was a big problem for me because i have to delete some games to make more free disk space.

khaaan

Was Machinarium a freebie before? I know I have it on the PS3 but I don't remember if I bought that one or got it through PS+. Anyways, weaksauce month since I already own Machinarium and everything else looks not so interesting. Have plenty of other stuff to play so I'm not particularly bothered at the moment.

Celegus

Was Machinarium a freebie before? I know I have it on the PS3 but I don't remember if I bought that one or got it through PS+. Anyways, weaksauce month since I already own Machinarium and everything else looks not so interesting. Have plenty of other stuff to play so I'm not particularly bothered at the moment.

Yeah the PS3 version was free, but now the Vita one is. It's not cross-buy so they're two separate games.

bebop242

Well, I was holding out for Hitman, and almost bought Star Wars pinball and my son crapped his pants over runner2, but damn those vita games are brutal. I can imagine the hatred on the PS Blog over another psp fighter.

Ted

I played all 4 Hitman recently this year, the HD Trilogy and Absolution...
...Funny I played Hitman Absolution as my first title in the series, then followed it up with the HD trilogy.

Interesting post, thanks for that. Can you expand on the bug/glitches? I bought the HD Trilogy on impulse a week or so ago (I think it was a tenner) after really enjoying Absolution despite the lukewarm reception it received. Like you it was the first Hitman game I'd actively played so I was looking forward to the more acclaimed older games.

I played the Hitman series in order/launch times and i agree with you. Blood money was amazing and still have good memories for Hitman 2:SA back in my PC days.

Have you played the HD series to compare? I'd be curious to hear from someone who has played them both as I know I look back sometimes with rose tinted specs.

burnfout

Blood Money is quite possibly my favourite video game of all time. Will I like Absolution?

Also....ps+ subscription ran out this month :( Went to play SR3 and "This content is no longer available"

Boooooo.

will definitely get another subscription

In my opinion no.

Blood Money is one of my top games of all time too. I loathed Absolution so hard, I would rank it as one the worst games I've ever played. Total garbage, start to finish.

Wasn there a feature, if you dont do a backround download, it will install during downloading?

I remember that in the early ps3 days, would come in handy now with all the huge cames.

Also ps+ automatic download, installs the games for you. Nice feature.

GeoramA

All those PSP gems on the Vita store and they keep giving us stupid fighters. How about some of those RPGs? Christ.

Happy about Hitman and Runner2. Two games I figured would definitely hit the IGC.

The first one on the list? The one that starts with an H and ends with itman Absolution? Also Runner 2 is only on PS3.
Then I must have been out of the loop because I didn't see that game listed last time I checked the store. Strange, but thanks for clearing things up.

Awesome! I just bought a PS3 a few days ago and almost got Runner 2, really glad I got the Journey/ Unfinished Swan bundle instead. I love Blood Money and I've never played another Hitman, so I'm excited to try that.

A game comes out every week on Tuesday, right? Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for Runner.

cebri.one

Please Sony, i would like to download the updated game instead of downloading the game and then, when i'm ready to play it, realize that i need to download an update of 3GB.

Edit: Saints Row :The Third free on EU+ :D

glaurung

Please Sony, i would like to download the updated game instead of downloading the game and then, when i'm ready to play it, realize that i need to download an update of 3GB.

Edit: Saints Row :The Third free on EU+ :D
Seconded.

Same goes for Wii U store downloads, at least for the time being. Cannot wait for PS4 and iOS7 - both will download those nagging updates in the background, automatically.

I heard not so good things about Hitman: Absolution, but I may as well give it a try anyways.
I've enjoyed it on PC but this is my first Hitman game. Its got more social stealth than any Assassin's Creed game, that's for sure. And more puzzlish elements like finding interesting ways to distract or avoid enemies.

I've read that its more limited and linear than previous Hitman games though.

Top Bottom