• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I've heard the following are on PS+ for March but still take with a grain of salt.

PS4: Oddworld and Valiant Hearts
PS3: Dishonored

We'll see on the rest.

If true, delighted with PS4. I've already played Dishonored and it's excellent so PS3 owners should be happy.

And ya.. you genuinely have no reason to believe me as I'm honestly just a consumer.

Bah. Bought Oddworld and VH on a sale just some weeks ago. Oh well.

I've heard the following are on PS+ for March but still take with a grain of salt.

We'll see on the rest.

If true, delighted with PS4. I've already played Dishonored and it's excellent so PS3 owners should be happy.

And ya.. you genuinely have no reason to believe me as I'm honestly just a consumer.
That would be delightful to me. I wouldn't even mind if the Vita games were games I already have (like OlliOlli).

Hexa

We'll see on the rest.

Amazing if true.

StingX2

My prediction is *throws some darts based on peoples guesses plus pure random*

PS4: Helldivers, Valiant Hearts
PS3: PlayStation Move Heroes, Hydrophobia Prophecy
Vita: OlliOlli2, Toukiden

DeviantBoi

We'll see on the rest.

I wouldn't be upset at that PS4 update. I don't own either of them.

delSai

That'd be a killer line up for Vita and Ps4. Too bad Helldivers wont be part of the Line Up and with the new Toukiden coming to Vita and Ps4 soon i doubt it has a chance. But i'd love to be proven wrong!

TomShoe

Banned

Helldivers isn't happening. Arrowhead confirmed it themselves. I hope we get OlliOlli2 Cross Buy though.

Erasus

I thought the PS3 had issues with 7200RPM hard drives. Can someone confirm this?

Been running one since 2013 in a Slim.
Pretty sure the seagate I put in before the WD was 7200RPM too. Though that might have killed my fat ps3 early.

What issues specifically?
I think heat was a problem with the fat PS3 models, however with a slim/superslim its not an issue.

The power draw seems to be 2-4W more on a 7200 RPM drive. Not going to overload the PSU or anything.

TM94

Yeah I say Valiant Hearts will be one of them.

Playstation put up another trailer for it a few days ago on their Youtube channel.

It's a great game but I hope it isn't picked for the selfish reason I've already played it.

Been running one since 2013 in a Slim.
Pretty sure the seagate I put in before the WD was 7200RPM too. Though that might have killed my fat ps3 early.

What issues specifically?
I think heat was a problem with the fat PS3 models, however with a slim/superslim its not an issue.

The power draw seems to be 2-4W more on a 7200 RPM drive. Not going to overload the PSU or anything.

I rememberSony not recommending those in the earlier models, but I guess it's fixed in the new models. Maybe I should go for one of those, though games on ps3 are not as big as on my Xbox One in size.

Thanks for letting me know!

eFKac

Yeah I say Valiant Hearts will be one of them.

Playstation put up another trailer for it a few days ago on their Youtube channel.

It's a great game but I hope it isn't picked for the selfish reason I've already played it.

Playing it right now, good game. Would be a great addition to the PS+ line up.

And it would continue the tradition of me having at least one of PS4s PS+ titles each month :-/ ehh at least it's a testament to how great PS+ is, but could have saved quite a few bucks...

I have an idea!

How about if the SCEA and SCEE teams start working on next month's games the day after the March games hit the PSN store?

And how about this other idea:

Set the deadline for getting the weekly update finished to Monday 5:00 PM. That way, you can just make the changes live on Tuesday at the same time every week!

Leaving stuff for the last minute feels like the laziest thing ever. That's something a lazy college student would do, not a multi-billion dollar corporation.

Do you really think they just sit around procrastinating until the last minute, then rush to get an update out before the end of the month? Done be naive. They've planned the Plus updates months ahead of time. They could likely tell you with fairly good accuracy what games are going to be offered through this December.

The problem is, things change. The games they have scheduled might be guaranteed, but they're also constantly working on getting better titles in the lineup. Release dates change, negotiations fall through, and sometimes a lineup they've been sitting on can't be revealed because a game is moving through certification and it might just make the cut, or they're trying to get a game pushed up to offer it via plus, or any other variable. Pinpointing release dates for games is already nearly impossible more than a few months out, let alone allowing wiggle room for the arduous certification process.

There's no doubt that there's a guaranteed slate of games ready to hit every first Tuesday of the month. You shouldn't fault them for attempting to make this release better than expected, though-- and that's the bottom line: they're not purposely blowing people off or forgetting to update, they're still finalizing the lineup. It wouldn't look very good if they revealed one lineup but then some indie dev they were negotiating with came through at the last second and gave the OK, or a game they offered failed its certification, or whatever the hell the reason might be.

You're going to get your games on Tuesday regardless of when the blog post goes up (And you'll probably be excited for a few minutes, download the games, grow bored of them, and start this cycle all over again). Making puerile suggestions really only shows a lack of understanding and decency-- not just the person I'm quoting, mind you, but everyone who's acting like Sony has personally insulted them just because they're still finalizing the lineup and are a day or two late with something you'll be waiting for anyway.

MUnited83

For you.

We'll see on the rest.

Dishonored was already on the EU PS+ I think. The games have been the same for US and EU for months now and I don't see that changing, so Dishonored won't happen.

Donos

Dishonored was already on the EU PS+ I think. The games have been the same for US and EU for months now and I don't see that changing, so Dishonored won't happen.

? i'm confident that Dishonered was not part of EU PS+. I think it was only heavily rumored for one month.

Top Bottom