• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Ikon

What's the probability of any of the happy birthday vita games might be ps+ games? I'm thinking about buying Danganronpa and P4G but would hate it if they show up as free next month after that..

MUnited83

For you.
What's the probability of any of the happy birthday vita games might be ps+ games? I'm thinking about buying Danganronpa and P4G but would hate it if they show up as free next month after that..

I don't think Danganronpa or P4G will ever be on the service.

MikeyB

Killzone multiplayer standalone or maybe Intercept standalone in the next couple of months for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if, rather than rotate it out, they made it a longstanding feature.

A Nick

Neo Member
I doubt those two will be free next month. And I hope not, I just bought Dangan recently and double dipped on P4G and still haven't started.

Caderfix

I've almost bought Danganronpa in the most recent sales, but I'm not sure I'll like it, as it looks very odd... That made me pass on the game twice. I'd love to see it on the PS+ lineup next month :D

Wasn't Danganronpa on an Asian territory Plus once? That is what is keeping me from picking it up even on sale. Similar thing happened to Virtues Last Reward. Would be smart actually. Possibly build a fan base to then buy the sequels.

DryvBy

I've almost bought Danganronpa in the most recent sales, but I'm not sure I'll like it, as it looks very odd... That made me pass on the game twice. I'd love to see it on the PS+ line next month :D

I bought it and hated it until Chapter 3. Then I really liked it. If you want a neat manga story, I'd go for it. It's not the best game ever but it was very relaxing and held my attention. Towards the end, I was very excited to see how it was going to play out.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It having a price is technically compatible with it being on Plus. Not everyone has PS+, and some non-subscribers might want to buy the game, after all.
Also it's likely that if it wasn't a Plus title then it would have had a Plus discount at launch. Since he didn't announce that I think it's safe to assume it's still a Plus title.

JoshHood

I've almost bought Danganronpa in the most recent sales, but I'm not sure I'll like it, as it looks very odd... That made me pass on the game twice. I'd love to see it on the PS+ line next month :D

I doubt it'll be on Plus anytime soon - it's on sale right now, and again for another week, which they said they wouldn't do.

They could have Mass Effect trilogy in there and Skyrim for PS3. Diablo 3 UU and Metro Redux for PS4. And Zelda LTTP for Vita. I'd love to play that on Vita.

Danganronpa I could see being on PS+ eventually since it's got sequels on the system and since a similar game - VLR - was on the service. I really don't see P4G ever being on PS+ though - Atlus would rather do a sale on the game every month than give it away.

What? No it doesnt. Its a very simple game...Maybe you suck at games my friend but its not cumbersome at all.

Well I got all the achievements in Spelunky so I'm not THAT bad ;)

I'm not going to pretend I'm good at olliolli, but I think it's stupid that you're going to pretend the controls aren't cumbersome when they obviously are. Press X to land, right, there's literally no need for that to be in the game except to make it trickier. Which is totally fair enough as a design choice, but that's the kind of thing that makes the controls undeniably awkward.

If you're good at the game, respect, but you being good at the game and being able to operate it doesn't make the controls simple. Some people are good at flying 1,000 seater aeroplanes, but that doesn't make them simple.

I held off on it the past few times it was on sale, but bought it a few days ago. If you like games like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, etc... then you might like it. It's very text heavy and involves a lot of walking around, talking to people, investigating/clicking on things (so far).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Well I got all the achievements in Spelunky so I'm not THAT bad ;)

I'm not going to pretend I'm good at olliolli, but I think it's stupid that you're going to pretend the controls aren't cumbersome when they obviously are. Press X to land, right, there's literally no need for that to be in the game except to make it trickier. Which is totally fair enough as a design choice, but that's the kind of thing that makes the controls undeniably awkward.

If you're good at the game, respect, but you being good at the game and being able to operate it doesn't make the controls simple. Some people are good at flying 1,000 seater aeroplanes, but that doesn't make them simple.
Literally all you have to do to play OlliOlli is push the analog stick in a direction to do a trick or grind, and tap one button to land. The controls are as simple as you make them. Only if you want to do more complex tricks do the controls become not simple.

Ikon

I held off on it the past few times it was on sale, but bought it a few days ago. If you like games like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, etc... then you might like it. It's very text heavy and involves a lot of walking around, talking to people, investigating/clicking on things (so far).
Thanks for putting me off it. Disliked both those games.

Literally all you have to do to play OlliOlli is push the analog stick in a direction to do a trick or grind, and tap one button to land. The controls are as simple as you make them. Only if you want to do more complex tricks do the controls become not simple.

Okay, olliolli is simple unless you actually want to play it. I'll concede to you on that.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
What's up with the OlliOlli debate? Someone doesn't like it, doesn't mean it doesn't have its place on PS+. I hate shooters like Crysis 3 and co, I'm not going to argue for pages that they shouldn't be on Plus.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Okay, olliolli is simple unless you actually want to play it. I'll concede to you on that.
A beginner is under no obligation to pull off compex tricks successfully at the start. It's easy enough to get in to the game pulling off simple tricks and as you practice more you can try more complex stuff as you get better. It's a simple game that has lots of depth. The controls are easy enough to pick up. They're just hard to master.

The controls are easy enough to pick up. They're just hard to master.

No. that's not true at all. If controls are "easy to pick up," you could hand someone the Vita and they would be able to pull them off first time. That's not true of olliolli, there are tutorials which will take people five, ten, fifteen attempts to actually pass.

They're hard to pick up, and harder to master.*

Sure, the absolute very basics are easy to pick up, but suggesting that makes the game easy is absurd. Playing with just left/right/X is like playing Tetris by only pressing down. Sure, you can do it, but it's not going to get you anywhere.

(*I'm not saying this is not the way the game should be, it absolutely should be this way because they've perfectly realised the game they wanted to make, I'm just saying that this is factually how the game is and it's silly to try and deny it.)

Griss

Personally hoping for AC: Black Flag. That would almost get me to go out and buy a second PS4 along with DoA: Last Round.

I do think Hohokum has a strong chance, though.

Mario007

I think it's gonna be an underwhelming month with 2 AAA titles revealed for April and May to make up for it. Kinda like last they were taking this long to announce the line-up.

JoshHood

So Stealth Inc 2 for PS just leaked via trophies, which normally means something is close - dare I say Plus? Curve does put most of their stuff on it, and were teasing an imminent announcement.

jf DOOM

So Stealth Inc 2 for PS just leaked via trophies, which normally means something is close - dare I say Plus? Curve does put most of their stuff on it, and were teasing an imminent announcement.

For me personally I hope not. Did net enjoy the first one at all.

Top Bottom